Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official Lowyat.NET Sintua Thread, A thread on Chinese folk religion.

views

nihility
post Feb 25 2022, 12:05 PM

Regular
1,251 posts

QUOTE(The_Rock @ Feb 25 2022, 11:32 AM)
Sometime the GoOD wants you to see him sure you will have the feeling to see
It is a heavy responsibility, better don't see. I know neighbor of the same generation, she got picked by the "guardian" to serve around 40+. Cannot decline one.
empire
post Feb 25 2022, 12:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Feb 25 2022, 11:01 AM)
You are gifted with the "3rd eye" & selected by the guardian ?
certain people can see ghosts and talk to ghosts/spirits/gods. Some cant see ghosts...but can 'feel' them. People like me can communicate with them but I cant see them or 'feel' them. When these spirits/ghosts/gods speak to me, they dont speak into my ear...but directly into my head....so no one can hear them but me.
empire
post Feb 25 2022, 12:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Feb 25 2022, 12:05 PM)
It is a heavy responsibility, better don't see. I know neighbor of the same generation, she got picked by the "guardian" to serve around 40+. Cannot decline one.
I am not chosen by them to be a Tangki LOL!.

I have helped people who are facing problems in life asked me to ask the gods for direction in their life. If they pray to Lord Ganesh (aka Hindu Elephant God), I will ask Lord Ganesh for them. If they pray to Guan Gong, I will ask Guan Gong for them. After they get the answers from these deities via me, they will know what they need to do.

Yes they gave me ang pao for my help though I didnt ask for any. Most of them directly bank into my bank account as a gesture of appreciation for my time and effort.
Gratitude2022
post Feb 25 2022, 12:32 PM

On my way
502 posts

QUOTE(empire @ Feb 25 2022, 12:17 PM)
I am not chosen by them to be a Tangki LOL!.

I have helped people who are facing problems in life asked me to ask the gods for direction in their life. If they pray to Lord Ganesh (aka Hindu Elephant God), I will ask Lord Ganesh for them. If they pray to Guan Gong, I will ask Guan Gong for them. After they get the answers from these deities via me, they will know what they need to do.

Yes they gave me ang pao for my help though I didnt ask for any. Most of them directly bank into my bank account as a gesture of appreciation for my time and effort.
Bro, can also help me ask questions? What is the process? Thank you
empire
post Feb 25 2022, 12:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

QUOTE(Gratitude2022 @ Feb 25 2022, 12:32 PM)
Bro, can also help me ask questions? What is the process? Thank you
PM me pls.
The_Rock
post Feb 25 2022, 01:16 PM

Casual
447 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Feb 25 2022, 12:05 PM)
Yes. Very heavy
nihility
post Feb 25 2022, 03:23 PM

Regular
1,251 posts

QUOTE(empire @ Feb 25 2022, 12:11 PM)
certain people can see ghosts and talk to ghosts/spirits/gods. Some cant see ghosts...but can 'feel' them. People like me can communicate with them but I cant see them or 'feel' them. When these spirits/ghosts/gods speak to me, they dont speak into my ear...but directly into my head....so no one can hear them but me.
Sound like a telepathy in the movie.

empire
post Feb 25 2022, 09:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Feb 25 2022, 03:23 PM)
Sound like a telepathy in the movie.
Its something like that. I hear their voice...and each DEITY has his/her own distinct voice.
submergedx
post Feb 25 2022, 11:11 PM

Enthusiast
895 posts

QUOTE(empire @ Feb 25 2022, 09:21 PM)
Its something like that. I hear their voice...and each DEITY has his/her own distinct voice.
I know the question are hilarious people joke around but i still wanna ask
did you ask for numbers?
empire
post Feb 25 2022, 11:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

QUOTE(submergedx @ Feb 25 2022, 11:11 PM)
I know the question are hilarious people joke around but i still wanna ask
did you ask for numbers?
Yes i did...and I won....big time. I also helped a few people win big. I cant disclose anything more than this for my safety and theirs.

This post has been edited by empire: Feb 25 2022, 11:26 PM
SUSTongPakFu
post Jul 23 2022, 01:09 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(redisthcan @ Aug 13 2015, 11:54 AM)
Ah well. A rose by any other name, eh? biggrin.gif

Tonight marks the beginning of the Hungry Ghost Festival, everyone. The Gates of Hell open at eleven p.m.; stay safe, have fun and spare a thought for the unfortunate spirits as most of them enjoy what will be their only time of reprieve from the trials and tribulations of the Netherworld.

user posted image
Bump for next week hungry ghost festival

Last week saw some temple already start prepare for this year hungry ghost festival event
amber84 P
post Aug 23 2022, 10:18 PM

Probation
1 posts

is the time in hell same as time on earth? will we see our loved ones again in hell before they reincarnate? How long before a person who just passes on is reincarnated?
davincidaze P
post Sep 27 2022, 09:06 AM

Probation
1 posts

Man, this forum has been so quiet compared to some years ago.
Hell is most definitely a different time zone, since it is a different plane/universe.
How long it takes for someone to re-incarnate depends on the acts they committed and how long it takes for them to pay their karmic debs in Hell.

I'd also like to add that after death, you get a chance to have an attorney as well.

There is no escaping of your karmic repercussions, but if you have committed misdeeds and charges are laid against you, you would like a defense attorney, right?

This job is fulfilled by family/friends/relatives of the deceased; Which is why we burn joss paper and incense, offer candle lights and food/drinks, etc.

Praying for the deceased can definitely help them in the afterlife.
hotNcool
post Oct 3 2022, 04:46 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

im not a religious person, and im not doubting the existence of haoxiongdi, and i withnessed it a few years back in a quite playground with no lighting facility , i saw this tyoe of see-saw while we went back from pasar malam, it moved up and down by itself, wind surely cant make it move , then my sister father in law(he was a ji tong) say in funny tone( hey you stop playing la), then the see-saw stopped moving inches by inches and it stopped completely.
thats gave me goosebumps!!!!

user posted image
hotNcool
post Oct 3 2022, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(davincidaze @ Sep 27 2022, 09:06 AM)
Man, this forum has been so quiet compared to some years ago.
Hell is most definitely a different time zone, since it is a different plane/universe.
How long it takes for someone to re-incarnate depends on the acts they committed and how long it takes for them to pay their karmic debs in Hell.

I'd also like to add that after death, you get a chance to have an attorney as well.

There is no escaping of your karmic repercussions, but if you have committed misdeeds and charges are laid against you, you would like a defense attorney, right?

This job is fulfilled by family/friends/relatives of the deceased; Which is why we burn joss paper and incense, offer candle lights and food/drinks, etc.

Praying for the deceased can definitely help them in the afterlife.
but now, burning joss paper and incense seems like this tradition would disappear year by year, i not sure will this tradition keep going for coming ages?
empire
post Oct 3 2022, 11:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

QUOTE(hotNcool @ Oct 3 2022, 04:48 PM)
but now, burning joss paper and incense seems like this tradition would disappear year by year, i not sure will this tradition  keep going for coming ages?
Naw...there are many young people in their 20's who have taken over this role from their parents.

hotNcool
post Oct 4 2022, 08:16 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(empire @ Oct 3 2022, 11:51 PM)
Naw...there are many young people in their 20's who have taken over this role from their parents.
im not really got the chance to see these practice, even 7th month of lunar calendar, i mostly saw just aunties burning it,
and during the Nine Emperor Gods Festival, it felt so different when all ages practice and show their belief, thats so impressive..
empire
post Oct 4 2022, 12:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

QUOTE(hotNcool @ Oct 4 2022, 08:16 AM)
im not really got the chance to see these practice, even 7th month of lunar calendar, i mostly saw just aunties burning it,
and during the Nine Emperor Gods Festival, it felt so different when all ages practice and show their belief, thats so impressive..
my 4 nephews all in their 20's took over the role of burrning joss papers for more than 5 years. They said they will continue to honour this tradition and pass on to their kids later.
hotNcool
post Oct 4 2022, 03:04 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(empire @ Oct 4 2022, 12:18 PM)
my 4 nephews all in their 20's took over the role of burrning joss papers for more than 5 years. They said they will continue to honour this tradition and pass on to their kids later.
thats nice to know, im lazy , and i only visit to temple when got god celebration, but i think it helps to conserve it even a small effort, right?
oh yeah btw, a youtuber called ah jie did a great job in promoting our tradition in belief!
empire
post Oct 4 2022, 03:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

QUOTE(hotNcool @ Oct 4 2022, 03:04 PM)
thats nice to know, im lazy , and i only visit to temple when got god celebration, but i think it helps to conserve it even a small effort, right?
oh yeah btw, a youtuber called ah jie  did a great job in promoting our tradition in belief!
There are many reasons why the Deities want burnt offerings. I can tell you more via PM

146 Pages « < 143 144 145 146 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0292sec    0.48    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:30 PM