87 Pages « < 73 74 75 76 77 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Teeth braces, for the perfect smile

views

you90
post Mar 29 2016, 09:21 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

Did anyone here experience gum bleeding while on braces?

Is it a common thing?
MysticShadow
post Mar 29 2016, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
250 posts

QUOTE(you90 @ Mar 29 2016, 09:21 PM)
Did anyone here experience gum bleeding while on braces?

Is it a common thing?
I'm 8 months into wearing braces and had a bit of gum bleeding initially but now it has stopped. I'd asked my dentist about this and she explained the bleeding is due to the gums being irritated by food remnants. Using an interdental brush to clean the spaces between the braces and my teeth, also the spaces between the teeth and gum edges helps a lot. It's very tedious but ensures every part of the area is free of food as the saliva in our mouth causes the food remnants to calcify and that eventuality becomes plaque.

This post has been edited by MysticShadow: Mar 29 2016, 11:43 PM
you90
post Mar 30 2016, 08:41 AM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(MysticShadow @ Mar 29 2016, 11:42 PM)
I'm 8 months into wearing braces and had a bit of gum bleeding initially but now it has stopped. I'd asked my dentist about this and she explained the bleeding is due to the gums being irritated by food remnants. Using an interdental brush to clean the spaces between the braces and my teeth, also the spaces between the teeth and gum edges helps a lot. It's very tedious but ensures every part of the area is free of food as the saliva in our mouth causes the food remnants to calcify and that eventuality becomes plaque.
Hi, thanks for the reply, 1 month into braces here, and have bleeding on the my 3rd week on, guess it is like you said the gums irritated by the food remnants.

I have been using the interdental brush with slim bristles as well as colgate plaq to rinse away the dirts, brushing in between my meals and before going to sleep.

Do you use floss? and what kind of toothpaste u use? I have been hearing comments like if you often have gum bleed, take more vitamin C supplements. Thanks.

MysticShadow
post Mar 30 2016, 08:57 AM

Getting Started
250 posts

QUOTE(you90 @ Mar 30 2016, 08:41 AM)
I have been using the interdental brush with slim bristles as well as colgate plaq to rinse away the dirts, brushing in between my meals and before going to sleep.

Do you use floss? and what kind of toothpaste u use? I have been hearing comments like if you often have gum bleed, take more vitamin C supplements.  Thanks.
I started with using the interdental brush with the slimmest sized bristles too but found it doesn't clean the surface properly. Maybe it's too delicate?

I used Pyodontyl earlier, now using Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief: Gum Protection. I don't floss as I'm still not used to doing it with braces :/

Ya, another cause of bleeding gums is a decrease in vitamin c in your diet. If you're lacking in vitamin c lately, you could do that. I'm already taking multivitamins all this while and eat fruits daily. smile.gif Hope you manage to solve this.
you90
post Mar 30 2016, 09:24 AM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(MysticShadow @ Mar 30 2016, 08:57 AM)
I started with using the interdental brush with the slimmest sized bristles too but found it doesn't clean the surface properly. Maybe it's too delicate?

I used Pyodontyl earlier, now using Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief: Gum Protection. I don't floss as I'm still not used to doing it with braces :/

Ya, another cause of bleeding gums is a decrease in vitamin c in your diet. If you're lacking in vitamin c lately, you could do that. I'm already taking multivitamins all this while and eat fruits daily. smile.gif Hope you manage to solve this.
So what toothbrush are you using now? I am using Colgate Orthodontic Care toothbrush, with slimmest bristles. Used to use Systema last time before braces, and now changed to Colgate due to Dentist recommendation.

I am not really a fans of supplements as I believe the vitamins can be sourced from fruits, hence the only fruits i can take is those soft one, like Kiwi, dragon fuits, but not apples (where its still rich in vitamins),

What kind of multivitamins supplement that you are constantly taking? Mind to share what brands are good?

chichibaibai
post Mar 30 2016, 09:51 AM

Getting Started
198 posts

you can look for MAHSA university. I think it is cheap that done by year 3 student dentist with professor beside.
so risk la
MysticShadow
post Mar 30 2016, 10:27 AM

Getting Started
250 posts

QUOTE(you90 @ Mar 30 2016, 09:24 AM)
So what toothbrush are you using now? I am using Colgate Orthodontic Care toothbrush, with slimmest bristles. Used to use Systema last time before braces, and now changed to Colgate due to Dentist recommendation.

I am not really a fans of supplements as I believe the vitamins can be sourced from fruits, hence the only fruits i can take is those soft one, like Kiwi, dragon fuits, but not apples (where its still rich in vitamins),

What kind of multivitamins supplement that you are constantly taking? Mind to share what brands are good?
I'm using Colgate Slimsoft charcoal toothbrush right now. Bought a packet of them when I had the bleeding gums earlier and now wanna use it up first. My dentist also recommended the orthodontic toothbrush but she said it's not compulsory since I'm also using the interdental brush. The challenge right now for me is sometimes when eating out, I don't brush immediately after the meal due to wash area crowded and I feel a bit awkward. I'd brush my teeth a few hours later and the bleeding tends to start again although very slight so in my case, I feel it's more because of the gums being irritated by the food remnants.

I don't believe in too many supplements too. I take the multivitamins because I know I lack some nutrients in my diet. I try to take papayas regularly as I read it's a super fruit haha and it's inexpensive too smile.gif The brand for supplements I take is Centrum. Not sure if it's the best but seems well rounded and as long as it does its job~ Too many brands on the shelf to compare each and every one. rclxub.gif I just stick to this one.

Do you floss btw?
you90
post Mar 30 2016, 11:40 AM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(MysticShadow @ Mar 30 2016, 10:27 AM)
I'm using Colgate Slimsoft charcoal toothbrush right now. Bought a packet of them when I had the bleeding gums earlier and now wanna use it up first. My dentist also recommended the orthodontic toothbrush but she said it's not compulsory since I'm also using the interdental brush. The challenge right now for me is sometimes when eating out, I don't brush immediately after the meal due to wash area crowded and I feel a bit awkward. I'd brush my teeth a few hours later and the bleeding tends to start again although very slight so in my case, I feel it's more because of the gums being irritated by the food remnants.

I don't believe in too many supplements too. I take the multivitamins because I know I lack some nutrients in my diet. I try to take papayas regularly as I read it's a super fruit haha and it's inexpensive too smile.gif The brand for supplements I take is Centrum. Not sure if it's the best but seems well rounded and as long as it does its job~ Too many brands on the shelf to compare each and every one.  rclxub.gif I just stick to this one.

Do you floss btw?
I always brush immediately when I finish eating, sometimes will be only latest 1 hour after meals. I will try to brush as soft as possible to the area where bleeding happens.

Do you still experience this bleeding when u brush ur teeth after meals now?

Shall try centrum also, i just feel the need of taking it since I can't eat solid fruits, like apples and many others.

I don't floss yet as of now, just use mouth rinsing-colgate plaq.

MysticShadow
post Mar 31 2016, 11:32 AM

Getting Started
250 posts

QUOTE(you90 @ Mar 30 2016, 11:40 AM)
I always brush immediately when I finish eating, sometimes will be only latest 1 hour after meals. I will try to brush as soft as possible to the area where bleeding happens.

Do you still experience this bleeding when u brush ur teeth after meals now?

Shall try centrum also, i just feel the need of taking it since I can't eat solid fruits, like apples and many others.

I don't floss yet as of now, just use mouth rinsing-colgate plaq.
Wow, one hour after meals is good. How do you manage when eating out with friends for example? And the yumchar/makan is a few hours? I'm still trying to figure out for this case.

The bleeding stops only if I brush my teeth immediately after meals for a few days. Example, if I'd eaten out yesterday night and only got home 3 hours later to brush, the bleeding starts. This will continue for 2 or 3 days even if I do immediate. From what my dentist explained, it's cause my gums are so inflamed in the area and it needs to heal.

Ya, during my first 2-3 of braces I didn't want to take any foods that has to be chewed too. I have self ligating braces and I was constantly feeling them. One thing good is it straightened my teeth really fast! Could see the difference by 2nd visit when the dentist showed me the plaster cast of my teeth pre-braces.
you90
post Mar 31 2016, 08:12 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(MysticShadow @ Mar 31 2016, 11:32 AM)
Wow, one hour after meals is good. How do you manage when eating out with friends for example? And the yumchar/makan is a few hours? I'm still trying to figure out for this case.

The bleeding stops only if I brush my teeth immediately after meals for a few days. Example, if I'd eaten out yesterday night and only got home 3 hours later to brush, the bleeding starts. This will continue for 2 or 3 days even if I do immediate. From what my dentist explained, it's cause my gums are so inflamed in the area and it needs to heal.

Ya, during my first 2-3 of braces I didn't want to take any foods that has to be chewed too. I have self ligating braces and I was constantly feeling them. One thing good is it straightened my teeth really fast! Could see the difference by 2nd visit when the dentist showed me the plaster cast of my teeth pre-braces.
It can be managed immediately when u got back from meals, you brush in the wahsroom, or immediately after your meals, excuse urself to washroom for brushing.

My gum was bleeding on Tuesday, then I brush thoroughly and use colgate plax herbal salt on Tuesday night, then the next day stop bleeding, then today I ate a lots of food, including sweet food (Can't resist myself for a buffet in my training), then I also brush immediately, but today bleed a little compared to last Tuesday. I guess it needs time to heal.

Sometime my upper gum colour can turn greyish colour in some parts, have you found so?

What is self ligating braces? Are u wearing the normal metal braces where u can choose the colour of the rubber each visit?

keyz520
post Apr 2 2016, 05:58 AM

1 posts

Hi guys,

Anyone visited dr wong and partners dental sri petaling for braces before? My friend recommended me to dr. wong but I heard he is a busyman so sometimes he will kind of neglect his patients.
(yeah 2 friends who have totally opposite opinion blink.gif ).

Anyone can recommend me to any good orthodontist around KL (preferable cheras, ampang, sri hartamas area). Thank you. smile.gif
OPT
post May 8 2016, 10:22 PM

Wee wang wang
2,016 posts

Hi, new to braces. Not for me, my daughter. She is about 10yrs old.

The dentist recommended one that only requires to be worn at night only and costs about RM900++. The dentist mentioned that as the child grows older, the braces may cost into thousands (like from what I can see in here...)

Can anyone tell me the effectiveness of these night-only braces, what they are called and is there frequent follow up to the dentist required? What are the pros/cons of these night only braces as opposed to normal braces (metal, etc)?

Also, would going to govt clinics a better and cost effective alternative?

Thanks in advance.
MysticShadow
post May 9 2016, 11:06 PM

Getting Started
250 posts

QUOTE(you90 @ Mar 31 2016, 08:12 PM)
Sometime my upper gum colour can turn greyish colour in some parts, have you found so?

What is self ligating braces? Are u wearing the normal metal braces where u can choose the colour of the rubber each visit?
Oops, sorry I didn't notice your reply.

So far, my gums have never been greyish. There was a period where one part was slightly inflammed near my one tooth which was slightly angled. This tooth was the reason I decided to get braces as it was hard to clean between. But they're fine now smile.gif

Self ligating braces are a type of metal that straightens itself with time. The gradually pull is what moves the teeth back to the braces clip alignment. I'd say it's very effective cos by the end of the first month, I could see the difference! There's no rubber. During every visit, my dentist just changes the wire and since my 4th visit, she's been increasing the wires' thickness.

Btw, are you the sort to try different types of mouth wash? Just wondering about your choice to use herbal plax salt. Do you find it more effective (cleaner)?
MysticShadow
post May 9 2016, 11:17 PM

Getting Started
250 posts

QUOTE(OPT @ May 8 2016, 10:22 PM)
Also, would going to govt clinics a better and cost effective alternative?
I'm not familiar with the night only braces so I'll leave to someone else to respond

On govt clinics, I've had very good experience from them. However, they were doctors who were highly recommended prior to my visit and are individuals who are truly dedicated in giving their best in the govt sector because their motivation for being where they are is to serve the public. It is more cost effective to go to a govt clinic, but whether or not it's good depends on the doctor's skill and attitude~~
TracyRain
post May 10 2016, 05:43 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(MysticShadow @ May 9 2016, 11:17 PM)
I'm not familiar with the night only braces so I'll leave to someone else to respond

On govt clinics, I've had very good experience from them. However, they were doctors who were highly recommended prior to my visit and are individuals who are truly dedicated in giving their best in the govt sector because their motivation for being where they are is to serve the public. It is more cost effective to go to a govt clinic, but whether or not it's good depends on the doctor's skill and attitude~~
Hi, Any dental recommend for braces around PJ area?
With good skill and reasonable price. Im planning to go for this within this month smile.gif
MysticShadow
post May 10 2016, 06:49 PM

Getting Started
250 posts

QUOTE(TracyRain @ May 10 2016, 05:43 PM)
Hi, Any dental recommend for braces around PJ area?
With good skill and reasonable price. Im planning to go for this within this month  smile.gif
This guy did his in PJ.You ask him bout his experience la. My dentist is in Subang Jaya.

QUOTE(evolutionchin @ Aug 2 2015, 04:30 PM)
1. Wong Orthodontics, PJ SS2 (Beside Public Bank)
CharmaineLee80
post May 11 2016, 01:24 PM

Enthusiast
986 posts

anyone can recommend good dentist in Seri Kembangan, Balakong, Cheras Selatan?

Hope to get less than 10k.
orangemui
post May 25 2016, 01:47 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(keyz520 @ Apr 2 2016, 05:58 AM)
Hi guys,

Anyone visited dr wong and partners dental sri petaling for braces before? My friend recommended me to dr. wong but I heard he is a busyman so sometimes he will kind of neglect his patients.
(yeah 2 friends who have totally opposite opinion  blink.gif ).

Anyone can recommend me to any good orthodontist around KL (preferable cheras, ampang, sri hartamas area). Thank you.  smile.gif
I visited Drs Wong and Partners (Sri Petaling) and indeed, Dr Wong is a busy man. Basically he runs from one room to another to see different patients - to which I really hope he'd actually focus on one instead. Nobody here bothers to explain to you about braces. They just give you your report so you know which tooth to extract, prices and duration of braces and expect you to sign that consent form. Receptionist is lousy. They don't make proper appointments for you, sometimes they charge wrongly, and blur AF. And there's no aftercare instructions whatsoever after my tooth extraction. I was dispensed with Paracetamol and some gauze balls and expected to know everything else by myself.

This post has been edited by orangemui: May 25 2016, 12:21 PM
ichako
post Jun 23 2016, 02:54 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

QUOTE(MysticShadow @ May 10 2016, 06:49 PM)
This guy did his in PJ.You ask him bout his experience la. My dentist is in Subang Jaya.
Hi,
where did you go for your braces in Subang Jaya? Is it good?
XiuKeong
post Jun 23 2016, 04:09 PM

[OMG] Sweetie™
9,421 posts

QUOTE(CharmaineLee80 @ May 11 2016, 01:24 PM)
anyone can recommend good dentist in Seri Kembangan, Balakong, Cheras Selatan?

Hope to get less than 10k.
I did mine in Bandar Puteri, Puchong for 8k nod.gif

87 Pages « < 73 74 75 76 77 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0239sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:09 AM