Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies Marvel Presents: DR STRANGE 1 & 2, CONFIRMED: Benedict Cumberbatch!

views

abubin
post Feb 21 2017, 02:11 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(ReAcTiVo @ Feb 21 2017, 09:52 AM)
just watch the ahem version,
not great but not that bad also.
dia punya joke macam tak sampai,
hambar.
but benedict is born for dr. strange !
Thor:Ragnarok will feature thor, hulk & dr. strange + loki,
fuhhh...
not really looking forward to thor as I did not like the first two that much. It is still good movies but it is the weakest of all the MCU movies. And in some way they Thor's world is like a god realm which is hard to integrate into human world. Apart from Loki, there are really no good villain in Thor. Like someone said, most villains in MCU is really badly done. Hoping that Thanos will be the most worthy of all villain in Infinity War.
netmatrix
post Feb 21 2017, 03:30 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

I just finish watching it a few days ago. It is almost true to original comic version. I know a lot of people does not like this comic. But i read this like almost every day when i was a kid. So sad when my comic got trashed by termites. There is another few more powerful stuff that is not mentioned. Like Veil of Vishanti. Eye of Agamoto already shown.

Baron Mordo is supposed to be a fatter mongolian looking guy. Ancient one is supposed to look like those a shaolin monk. In the comics Dr Strange also call on Dormammu to defeat some more stronger beings.
ray148
post Feb 21 2017, 05:17 PM

Casual
445 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Feb 21 2017, 02:11 PM)
not really looking forward to thor as I did not like the first two that much. It is still good movies but it is the weakest of all the MCU movies. And in some way they Thor's world is like a god realm which is hard to integrate into human world. Apart from Loki, there are really no good villain in Thor. Like someone said, most villains in MCU is really badly done. Hoping that Thanos will be the most worthy of all villain in Infinity War.
I would've agree with you about Thor Ragnarok if it wasn't for the fact that it has Taika Waititi as director. Dude is damn good at setting up dynamic comedy.
Just watch Hunt For The Wilderpeople and What We Do in the Shadows.
Mov_freak
post May 6 2022, 08:32 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Well, kiddies I hope everyone had a good celebration and brought your big person's pants...

Why?

Well, if you do watch this, do note that this can be categories as.... HORROR (my favorite cup of tea)!

There are alot of cheers in the cinema during the movie, so if you can and if it is safe, watch it in a big cinema and crowd!

Benedict Cumberbatch brought it. He really did.

There were alot of speculations about who would cameo here.

Some valid, some not so (hence the cheering).

Overall this is a very entertaining movie.

A really far cry from Marvel's last outing (Eternals)

My only complain would be the scoring, alot of the "Asian" were in the score early in the movie and then it "disappeared"... Magic?

Go watch this. No matter what I say you will. So just go kiddies, just go watch this. Remember to wear your big person's pants.

My Two Sen

P.S. there are two end credit scene, The first one worth it the second, meh...
Aqidah
post May 6 2022, 10:16 AM

No Gender
730 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ May 6 2022, 08:32 AM)
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Well, kiddies I hope everyone had a good celebration and brought your big person's pants...

Why?

Well, if you do watch this, do note that this can be categories as.... HORROR (my favorite cup of tea)!

There are alot of cheers in the cinema during the movie, so if you can and if it is safe, watch it in a big cinema and crowd!

Benedict Cumberbatch brought it. He really did.

There were alot of speculations about who would cameo here.

Some valid, some not so (hence the cheering).

Overall this is a very entertaining movie.

A really far cry from Marvel's last outing (Eternals)

My only complain would be the scoring, alot of the "Asian" were in the score early in the movie and then it "disappeared"... Magic?

Go watch this. No matter what I say you will. So just go kiddies, just go watch this. Remember to wear your big person's pants.

My Two Sen

P.S. there are two end credit scene, The first one worth it the second, meh...
I watch on the first day of release since its was a PH and i manage to get a good ticket.

It was very good and love Benedict and Elizabeth acts in the movie. Top notch. Although i wish Dr Strange would fight more coz he spend half the time in that movie running. LOL

Scarlet Witch was soo powerful (girl crush) and she eliminate the other superhero from other dimension with ease.

Anyone wanna watch this movie should finish Wanda Vision and What If series first or u'll be confuse by some of the movie plot. Unless u r the Marvel comic geeks.

Overall.. LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie and Benedict Cumberbatch is born to act as Dr Strange.
greyshadow
post May 7 2022, 09:43 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

Nowadays you'll need to watch MCU's trailers with a huge pinch of salts
lots of misdirection in it laugh.gif

anyway, if you're familiar with Sam Raimi's work, this movie is full of his horror signatures all over it thumbup.gif
even his pal is making a cameo laugh.gif

Watched it in IMAX, worth every penny... rclxms.gif
especially at the unique battle involving "notes"... I doubt normal hall's speakers will be able to reproduce the impactful sound effects there

This post has been edited by greyshadow: May 7 2022, 09:45 PM
SUSOmni-Man
post May 8 2022, 01:26 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

Always felt that Wanda is just some small time character with weak magic powers only capable of small time magic tricks. Suddenly now become so powerful. Awkward feel but ok....

The way she was brought down also..... aiya....
skylinelover
post May 8 2022, 01:08 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ May 7 2022, 09:43 PM)
Nowadays you'll need to watch MCU's trailers with a huge pinch of salts
lots of misdirection in it laugh.gif

anyway, if you're familiar with Sam Raimi's work, this movie is full of his horror signatures all over it thumbup.gif
even his pal is making a cameo laugh.gif

Watched it in IMAX, worth every penny... rclxms.gif
especially at the unique battle involving "notes"... I doubt normal hall's speakers will be able to reproduce the impactful sound effects there
I find 4DX more kick hahahaha
skylinelover
post May 12 2022, 10:45 AM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(Omni-Man @ May 8 2022, 01:26 AM)
Always felt that Wanda is just some small time character with weak magic powers only capable of small time magic tricks. Suddenly now become so powerful. Awkward feel but ok....

Would still felt 2.5 hours MoM better than NWH 2.5 hours

NWH will be better with 2 hours fixed actually hahahaha
sweet_pez
post Jul 18 2022, 09:47 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(Aqidah @ May 6 2022, 10:16 AM)
I watch on the first day of release since its was a PH and i manage to get a good ticket.

It was very good and love Benedict and Elizabeth acts in the movie. Top notch. Although i wish Dr Strange would fight more coz he spend half the time in that movie running. LOL

Scarlet Witch was soo powerful (girl crush) and she eliminate the other superhero from other dimension with ease.

Anyone wanna watch this movie should finish Wanda Vision and What If series first or u'll be confuse by some of the movie plot. Unless u r the Marvel comic geeks.

Overall.. LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie and Benedict Cumberbatch is born to act as Dr Strange.
Fully agree that one has to watch WandaVision before watching Dr Strange because there's no time for the movie to explain what happened to Wanda.

Not just that, some details of the movie can be further explained if you've seen WHAT IF (the Marvel animation), and you'll be quite blur if you've yet to watch either Spiderman NWH or Loki (the series) as these 2 explore the theme of multiverse.

When I first watched Dr Strange MoM at the cinema, I didn't quite like it. Mentally I wasn't prepared for the Avenger vs Avenger thingy laugh.gif (fighting within family... noooooo). But as I watched it again last weekend, my mind was more open (aka less judgmental) and because of that, I find myself actually enjoying the film.

Here:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Aqidah
post Jul 18 2022, 10:25 AM

No Gender
730 posts

Actually Wanda is spose to be Scarlet Witch and she is the most 'powerful' sorcerer/sorceres in the Universe. Its just that in the Avengers movie they didnt shed more light on her..

I feel like if Wanda didnt surrender to her humanity in that movie.. Dr Strange can't win. Thats just how powerful she is.

QUOTE(skylinelover @ May 12 2022, 10:45 AM)
Would still felt 2.5 hours MoM better than NWH 2.5 hours

NWH will be better with 2 hours fixed actually hahahaha
I just repeat NWH in Netflix.. And surprisingly i realize that i'm annoyed with Peter Parker in that movie.

Even with all the warning from Dr Strange he still proceed to do the opposite.

Well maybe its his character but he's the reason all the chaos happen in the first place.

This post has been edited by Aqidah: Jul 18 2022, 10:26 AM
skylinelover
post Jul 18 2022, 01:35 PM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(Aqidah @ Jul 18 2022, 10:28 AM)
I just repeat NWH in Netflix.. And surprisingly i realize that i'm annoyed with Peter Parker in that movie.

Even with all the warning from Dr Strange he still proceed to do the opposite.

Well maybe its his character but he's the reason all the chaos happen in the first place.
Haha good idea

You also watched DS2 multverse of madness on Disney + already hmm.gif

Me thinks Thor 4 wont be in Malaysia at all icon_idea.gif

So what. We just wait in Disney +. 45 days from worldwide release is very fast one. Hahahaha.

This post has been edited by skylinelover: Jul 18 2022, 01:36 PM
Aqidah
post Jul 18 2022, 03:29 PM

No Gender
730 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Jul 18 2022, 01:35 PM)
Haha good idea

You also watched DS2 multverse of madness on Disney + already hmm.gif

Me thinks Thor 4 wont be in Malaysia at all icon_idea.gif

So what. We just wait in Disney +. 45 days from worldwide release is very fast one. Hahahaha.
Dr Strange MOM i watch in cinema and also in Disney+ biggrin.gif

Thinking that Thor also need to watch on Disney+ like this. They keep postponing..
skylinelover
post Jul 20 2022, 11:48 AM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(Aqidah @ Jul 18 2022, 03:29 PM)
Dr Strange MOM i watch in cinema and also in Disney+  biggrin.gif

Thinking that Thor also need to watch on Disney+ like this. They keep postponing..
most likely not releasing at all laugh.gif put your hopes low now laugh.gif

Malaysia summer is boring now

just gotta bang on MAT KILAU and other jap/korea/HK/indo movies 4 the last 10 days of summer laugh.gif laugh.gif

10 Pages « < 8 9 10Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0247sec    0.12    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:09 PM