> Compilation of Good And Bad Contractors V2

views

TSbrotan
post Jun 22 2015, 10:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,392 posts

QUOTE(ethanhan @ Jun 21 2015, 11:20 PM)
Hi All

Would like to give feedback on contractor that I have taken him once and regretted. Hope you all avoid this person

So the rating i am giving based on my house result

Contractor Frankie Tan 012-237 6889
HO & T RESOURCES(002069093-x)
NO.28,JLN DC 4/3 , Desa Coalfields, Sg Buloh, 47000, Selangor
Fax: 03-92002290  H/P:012-2376889

Recommended by PROPRETY AGENT, seems Frankie is well known contractor at my neighborhood, trustworthy and quality job. That is what he said about him. So wanted to try. Typical chinese guy, friendly and not well verse in english.

Came over to my place as promised, did all survey in and out, roof, took all kind of measurements. Looked so promising. Able to give n share ideas. And lastly where is so important, he knew after-sales service is important to this renovation line. And accepted to his quotation and renovation kicked off.

In the middle of renovation process, I wasn't happy with his workmanship and gives empty promises of his service and ideas and made me mostly everyday have to travel to the house for quality audit and also happens my house items been stolen and not responsible to it.

Lastly, he never answered my call/whatsapp for touch-up/repair work, totally ignore. So attached picture are some of his bad workmanship

[attachmentid=4495534][attachmentid=4495535][attachmentid=4495536][attachmentid=4495538][attachmentid=4495540][attachmentid=4495541]
Rating 2
thanks. updated on post #1

GHOSTVIC
post Jun 22 2015, 07:30 PM

Casual
369 posts

QUOTE(ethanhan @ Jun 21 2015, 11:20 PM)
Hi All

Would like to give feedback on contractor that I have taken him once and regretted. Hope you all avoid this person

So the rating i am giving based on my house result

Contractor Frankie Tan 012-237 6889
HO & T RESOURCES(002069093-x)
NO.28,JLN DC 4/3 , Desa Coalfields, Sg Buloh, 47000, Selangor
Fax: 03-92002290  H/P:012-2376889

Recommended by PROPRETY AGENT, seems Frankie is well known contractor at my neighborhood, trustworthy and quality job. That is what he said about him. So wanted to try. Typical chinese guy, friendly and not well verse in english.

Came over to my place as promised, did all survey in and out, roof, took all kind of measurements. Looked so promising. Able to give n share ideas. And lastly where is so important, he knew after-sales service is important to this renovation line. And accepted to his quotation and renovation kicked off.

In the middle of renovation process, I wasn't happy with his workmanship and gives empty promises of his service and ideas and made me mostly everyday have to travel to the house for quality audit and also happens my house items been stolen and not responsible to it.

Lastly, he never answered my call/whatsapp for touch-up/repair work, totally ignore. So attached picture are some of his bad workmanship

[attachmentid=4495534][attachmentid=4495535][attachmentid=4495536][attachmentid=4495538][attachmentid=4495540][attachmentid=4495541]
Rating 2
aik seems like some line has been taken from my posting..

seems Frankie is well known contractor at my neighborhood, trustworthy and quality job. That is what he said about him. So wanted to try. Typical chinese guy, friendly and not well verse in english. Came over to my place as promised, did all survey in and out, roof, took all kind of measurements. Looked so promising. Able to give n share ideas

anyway how much deposit u paid bro ? have u fully settled him ? what was ur renovation budget ? now reno completed ?

ethanhan
post Jun 22 2015, 10:04 PM

Getting Started
288 posts

QUOTE(GHOSTVIC @ Jun 22 2015, 07:30 PM)
aik seems like some line has been taken from my posting..

seems Frankie is well known contractor at my neighborhood, trustworthy and quality job. That is what he said about him. So wanted to try. Typical chinese guy, friendly and not well verse in english. Came over to my place as promised, did all survey in and out, roof, took all kind of measurements. Looked so promising. Able to give n share ideas

anyway how much deposit u paid bro ? have u fully settled him ? what was ur renovation budget ? now reno completed ?
Sorry friend. Hope there aren't trademark yet.

Fully paid him once settle the renovation job because he rushed for CNY'15, told me wanna give out salary to his workers.

Damage RM40k for
1) doub-storey house ext-int painting
2) add roof tiles at backyard house only
3) kitchen cabinet
4) tiles table top kitchen
5) add sockets+few AC point and heater point
6) repair waterproofing for master bedroom bathroom which leak to living hall ceiling, small damage early detection
7) modify windows grill
8) no plaster ceiling
9) no build in cabinet at bedroom
10) no extension tiles flooring at car porch

native19
post Aug 8 2015, 12:30 PM

12 posts

Hi Guys would like to ask for a good contractor contact in bandar kinrara Puchong area for a restaurant renovation, most of the tiling/ ceiling is already in place only need someone to build new partition, removal of wood column, wiring installation and some painting work. Can anyone recommend me an honest contractor? biggrin.gif
TSbrotan
post Aug 8 2015, 09:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,392 posts

QUOTE(native19 @ Aug 8 2015, 12:30 PM)
Hi Guys would like to ask for a good contractor contact in bandar kinrara Puchong area for a restaurant renovation, most of the tiling/ ceiling is already in place only need someone to build new partition, removal of wood column, wiring installation and some painting work. Can anyone recommend me an honest contractor?  biggrin.gif
why don't just look up post #1 and #2 ? hmm.gif
MeToo
post Aug 11 2015, 05:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(zettwong @ Aug 11 2015, 05:15 PM)
3 weeks ago I did a major renovation on my house in KL including renewing all existing pipe. indeed hard to find a contractor who really until I find a contractor who really satisfying, clean, neat, efficient, and honest. for a price no pain no gain laa.
so my recommendation contractor, he's number _ 012-380-1141 (Zul Habibi Amjad)
only share information may exist that require
Your account just registered today.

You have been spamming every Renovation thread with the SAME message.

I'm starting to think you are just here to promote yourself/advertise.
laoyitan1989
post Aug 14 2015, 09:49 PM

2 posts

Would like to comment on this post by hitammetalic in v1.

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=70473310

Completely disappointed with this contractor!!
Please blacklist this contractor. Empty promises and the finishing work really sucks!
jellybean-fish
post Aug 22 2015, 11:28 AM

22 posts

Hi recently encounter a bad contractor , always say this can do that can do. All the things he promise will not be fulfill or badly done.

Called him to follow up for 2 weeks can't reach him at all , even other contractor got hold of me asking for payment because the main contractor took all the money and didn't pay them.

now my house key with him and cannot reach him.

gonna post the details down in spoiler.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

loui
post Aug 25 2015, 03:01 PM

On my way
687 posts

Attached Image

less then 5 months of laying concrete floor

part of it crack (basketball size) and many more visible hairline crack

argh

felt like downgrading that contractor to zero stars

this is another shyt he done

those are cable for autogate

He was demolishing the gate pillar and building new one for me

I ask him to "tanam" the cable and let only the socket visible

yet he did this shyt

Attached Image

Attached Image
TSbrotan
post Aug 25 2015, 03:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,392 posts

QUOTE(loui @ Aug 25 2015, 03:01 PM)
Attached Image

argh

yet he did this shyt

Attached Image

Attached Image
you engaged a few contractors. which one is it?
loui
post Aug 25 2015, 03:53 PM

On my way
687 posts

QUOTE(brotan @ Aug 25 2015, 03:50 PM)
you engaged a few contractors. which one is it?
Fullbest
DeanWong118
post Aug 25 2015, 07:04 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

Attached Image

argh

yet he did this shyt

Attached Image

Attached Image
If you're looking for quality works, you can try me out.
weikee
post Aug 25 2015, 07:34 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Concrete flooring sure will have cracks after curing. Check out the mall parking lots. The worse I seen is in oasis basement parking. Good quality contractor will have less bigger crack, but unavoidable to have hairline cracks.

Attached Image

argh

yet he did this shyt

Attached Image

Attached Image
noiseemunkee
post Sep 18 2015, 02:02 PM

Casual
454 posts

hi lowyat ppl. have you guys heard of these 2 ID & reno companies before or have worked with them? appreciate some input if you guys had any review info about this two:

1. Pocket Square Design

2. Young Design Concept

thanks

laoyitan1989
post Sep 21 2015, 12:12 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(laoyitan1989 @ Aug 14 2015, 09:49 PM)
Would like to comment on this post by hitammetalic in v1.

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=70473310

Completely disappointed with this contractor!!
Please blacklist this contractor. Empty promises and the finishing work really sucks!
His name is NG SZE CHONG..his PHONE is 017-2863138 driving Ford Ranger..
He cover mostly KL and Seremban.. Beware..

Rate as Zero Star..

homemark
post Sep 29 2015, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

Hi, I am Christine from HomeMark Kitchen Cabinet . My husband and I own a small kitchen cabinet business in Puchong, and our company was also mentioned a few times in LYN forum(thanks to our kind customers).

HOWEVER, this time we are commenting in the capacity as a new house owner [we also engage various contractors to set up our own house, only the kitchen cabinets/wardrobe are done by ourselves smile.gif]

My husband and I are very happy with the services by a young electrician named Ah Hoe and had engaged him a lot of times to do up electrical/wiring/aircon works for our old home, our showroom cum factory; and also our newly purchased house in BSP.

PRO:
1. Ah Hoe gives very frank opinions on how to set up wirings, electrical stuff and recommend aircons/lightings based on our budget (never pushed us to spend unnecessarily).
2. Very responsive to whatsapp and always call back to answer our queries or just to give suggestions. So far workmanship is satisfactory and we also will recommend him to our customers. (if they ask la smile.gif )
3. Always tidy/cleans up after his hacking/works without being told to.
4. Pricing is competitive. smile.gif

CON:
1. Since he is a small time contractor - sometimes is hard to book him for jobs.
2. Since he is freelance contractor, payment is usually by CASH.

Rating is 4.5 out of 5

Thanks!

This post has been edited by homemark: Sep 29 2015, 04:51 PM
vanhelsing007
post Sep 29 2015, 10:23 PM

9 posts

In June I found 4 contractors via kaodim.com, to come over to look at one subsale property I bought and give quotes. Only two came over, and the other two when realised the jobs are quite extensive, did not reply after that. I finalized one main contractor EA Alam Reka located in Wangsa Melawati. Quite established with a few ongoing projects. Have own website and Facebook as well. Even saw their profile in Houzz. So I thought it should be secured. But I was wrong. Job started in June and I have just ended their 5th attempt on "rectification job" this afternoon, for a property less than 950sqft. Basically, they have this smooth-talker Hafidz to source for projects (even created a subsidiary company from the main company and called it "MamyHome" where he calls himself the COO) and then marked-up the price and passed it along to a few sub-contractors to do the jobs. This is where the problem started. From the onset, the quotation was supposed to include full plaster ceiling replacement. Not knowing that I have myself a spare key, they went ahead and patched up the old downlights and created new slots. I went to the site a few days later before they were able to patch it up. Confronted the same chap, and he said he is not aware. Of course he is not aware, no one was actually supervising the job at all! Basically, they came out with an architectural drawing and passes it around to the sub-cons. Without changing the plaster ceiling, the two ceiling fans I bought ended up too low and not practical to be installed, unless I decided to have ad-hoc haircut every morning when I wake up from the bed. Both fans are now sitting in my living room as ornaments. Then one of their sub-cons hacked and routed wrongly the hot water piping. Halfway through, managed to forget to install the drainage trap, and installed the wash basin too low that I can actually kneel and brush my teeth. Their electrician is another wayward fella with enough creativity to pull and run wiring at his own liking. One downlight in the bathroom was installed at one random area of his liking as he needs to fulfill the minimum number of downlights and even took the liberty of removing one essential downlight from the proposed location (I did not find out until the completion when I checked against the original proposal). Best part about these electrical wiring was that he pulled everything in that bathroom (5 lights and 1 exhaust fan) into a single switch when I originally requested for 2 lights to 1 switch. Pendant lights on top of the island were pulled to the main door entrance light. 4 lights to one switch across the living room. And all lights in second room to a single switch. The ONLY thing he did right, was to split the master bedroom 2 lights to one switch. I mean, seriously... if he can see the needs to comply for the master bedroom, why not the rest of the house??? Then the same Hafidz claimed this was not written down in the agreement and he forgot what was discussed earlier. Halfway through the renovation, I was thinking of changing out the two exhaust fans (one in kitchen and one in the bathroom). But before that, I requested that they check and ascertain that both can be used. They quoted around 1K to change out both fans and claimed that the hoses were defective and better to change out. This is when I decided to make a trip to the site again. I was lucky that they left the ladder after work. So I climbed up and was shocked that both exhaust fans are high quality blower type with the "hoses" made from stainless steel, also in stellar condition. Took the photos and WhatsApp to Hafidz and he said he was not aware and merely following the suggestion of his sub-con. He even quoted an additional 1.7k to replace my MCB, claiming that it will not be able to take the load. I was pondering about the additional charges when I bumped into the building maintenance folks, who then told me that the original MCB is designed to take additional installations without changing out. Even quoted examples from some other units they have recently serviced. Painting was done poorly, with visible patches. They even forgot to paint one of the walls they plastered! Floor was supposed to be washed, but after 4 times of washing, you know they are simply not interested. Smell of urine from the "newly" renovated bathroom, white plaster stains all over the house, poor patch up jobs on walls, dirty and occasional paint marks on newly installed switches, faceplates from switches not properly aligned (zero alignment ruler used) and poor painting job (previous paint still visible!). At the end of the renovation, we went through the costing and found out that I have overpaid as some of the items were changed out and delivered sub-standards. He refused to give back the refund and said his Finance Department (sounds like a huge company, right?) cannot refund the money, despite this was what he promised earlier. He even added on additional charges that were not discussed beforehand (one of the items were double-quoted) in order to make up the amount to match the previous numbers. Last minute add-on (unprofessional stuff) like RM450 to even out cement surface across a 250sqft area, he claimed he gave free for the tiles skirting installation charges as his original quote is only for floor tiles and not including the skirting, around RM300 to pick-up the tiles from ground floor into the apartment (distance of less than 10m). So I asked for his boss's number to request refund. He gave Amin's phone number (one of the owners of EA Alam Reka). This guys picked up my first call and claimed he was driving and will call me back later. He never did, so I called him instead but he did not bother to pick up my 2nd call and only sent an SMS a day later that he will call me. That was 5 days ago. I tried again today but to no avail. Lessons learnt are many. I might edit and add more stuff if I happen to recall. But all in all, this is one heartache journey. At the time of writing this, I am in the midst of sourcing for independent electrician who is able to rectify the problems without incurring too much cost and some odd-jobs worker to help re-paint and really clean the apartment. This is an example of how things can go wrong if you leave it entirely to the main contractor, if he/she happens to be an unprofessional one. Websites and internet can be misleading. To safe-guard yourself, it is always advisable not to rush into renovation work. Let the quotes come in, then understand each item. Write down each item as detailed as possible, do not let rooms for unwanted creativity. You might portray yourself as over-cautious, but this will save you in a long run when defining tasks in any renovation projects. I wish anyone of you who are about to embark on this renovation journey to have a better and wonderful experience as you see your dream home turning from ideas to reality.

Best wishes,
Van

This post has been edited by vanhelsing007: Sep 30 2015, 10:17 PM
farscope
post Sep 29 2015, 11:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,417 posts

QUOTE(vanhelsing007 @ Sep 29 2015, 10:23 PM)

Best wishes,
Van
sorry to hear that bro.. I'm also in the midst of appointing contractor and being very cautious on each and every item from each quotation after reading all the bad experience.

Thanks for sharing your valuable yet bitter experience. I have been choosing contractors since June and have yet to decide on any. Meeting many ppl to gather different opinion and to counter check on costings. Hopefully my own one will turn out good.
loui
post Nov 2 2015, 02:20 PM

On my way
687 posts

mind advise

my roof leaks

just a small one

tried to DIY by stuffing the sealant to the leaking part

but somehow not working

should i get an indon to do for me or get a proper contractor

how much should i be expecting
ginko15
post Nov 2 2015, 05:56 PM

7 posts

[quote=vanhelsing007,Sep 29 2015, 10:23 PM]

Thanks for sharing the info bro, really appreciate it. I think you should also post yr reviews in Kaodim too. Let those who wanted to search for reno contractors know and judge for themselves. Reading thru yr experience with the said contractor really gives me the shivers as I'm also looking for a design & build contractor for my house reno. Really hope mine will be a smooth one...

25 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0215sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:32 PM