128 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Huawei Honor 6, Good Spec LTE Cat 6 At Affordable Price

views

TSsniperwolf
post Jun 25 2014, 09:53 PM, updated 9y ago

Boku Wa Gundam
2,810 posts

Huawei just release its new honor flagship yesterday, named Honor 6. Specs wise pretty much impressive with its default rrp at 1999 rmb yuan for the 16gb version and 2299 rmb yuan for the 32gb version

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Phone Specs
Kirin 920 Octa Core 4 x A15 (1.7ghz) + 4 x A7 (1.3ghz) Arm Big Little
ARM Mali T628 MP4
5 inch JDI FHD Display
3gb Ram
16gb / 32gb EMMC, with sd card support up to 64gb (up to 128gb support in future OTA updates)
Sony IMX 214 13mp F2.0 Camera / Front 5mp Camera
Android 4.4.2 EMUI 2.3
Dual SIM (WCDMA Ver)
3100 mAh battery (non removable)
139.6x69.7x7.5mm / 130g
ROG Technology which could lower screen resolution to 720p for battery saving
1999 RMB 16gb / 2299 RMB 32gb

For those which could read chinese, below is the link for the honor 6 review and the reviewed unit is the wcdma version one, which according to the reviewer single sim for td version and dual sim for wcdma version, which show support for China Unicom 4G network, which means able to use in Malaysia network. From benchmark scores in the review, the antutu scores definitely surpass the current snapdragon 801, 40k for the Kirin 920T and 38k for Kirin 920, but others like Vellamo HTML 5, Quadrant and Basemark X is lower when compare to my snapdragon 801 scores.

Huawei Honor 6 Review

Dual sim version only support FDD B1 & B3, which wont be fully compatible with local LTE band. As for local LTE band info, please google for FDD LTE Band list for your answer

This post has been edited by sniperwolf: Mar 17 2015, 03:51 PM
PhakFuhZai
post Jun 25 2014, 11:53 PM

harimau putih
1,587 posts

isn't this using similar setup as SGS4 (Exynos version) just slightly higher clock speed, how come the Antutu score can be so big different

confusing la this little big architecture

if this one cheaper than P7 then how P7 gonna sell then hmm.gif

This post has been edited by PhakFuhZai: Jun 25 2014, 11:54 PM
azerak
post Jun 26 2014, 12:07 AM

Enthusiast
805 posts

yeah.it is better than P7 but cheaper??
TSsniperwolf
post Jun 26 2014, 12:35 AM

Boku Wa Gundam
2,810 posts

QUOTE(PhakFuhZai @ Jun 25 2014, 11:53 PM)
isn't this using similar setup as SGS4 (Exynos version) just slightly higher clock speed, how come the Antutu score can be so big different

confusing la this little big architecture

if this one cheaper than P7 then how P7 gonna sell then hmm.gif
I think the earlier exynos soc cant enable all 8 cores at once, which only choose to run 4 x a15 or 4 x a7 at a time. I guess the kirin 920 is more optimize for antutu score unsure.gif , which is why others like quadrant, vellamo and basemark x is much much lower when compare to snapdragon 801.

As for honor branding product, its default is meant for selling in just China itself only, which usually catering for mid and low range budget phone, and as contender to Xiaomi. The brand itself already established since last Dec, and there only 1 honor 3c that are sold through official channel outside of China, if I not mistaken. And honor now already has its default homepage instead of sharing the same vmall as like other Huawei branding phone, which is honor.cn
mudkipryan94
post Jun 26 2014, 08:21 AM

Not today, dirtbag
All Stars
11,982 posts

PS:better than Exyshit la..
KennRicky
post Jun 26 2014, 01:52 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

QUOTE(sniperwolf @ Jun 26 2014, 12:35 AM)
I think the earlier exynos soc cant enable all 8 cores at once, which only choose to run 4 x a15 or 4 x a7 at a time. I guess the kirin 920 is more optimize for antutu score  unsure.gif , which is why others like quadrant, vellamo and basemark x is much much lower when compare to snapdragon 801.

As for honor branding product, its default is meant for selling in just China itself only, which usually catering for mid and low range budget phone, and as contender to Xiaomi. The brand itself already established since last Dec, and there only 1 honor 3c that are sold through official channel outside of China, if I not mistaken. And honor now already has its default homepage instead of sharing the same vmall as like other Huawei branding phone, which is honor.cn
May be that WAS their strategy, but I think they are changing it now.
3X just launched in India and HK. And most importantly, it is coming soon to Malaysia rclxms.gif
http://www.vmall.my/index.php/smart-phones...r-3x-glory.html
PhakFuhZai
post Jun 26 2014, 02:03 PM

harimau putih
1,587 posts

QUOTE(mudkipryan94 @ Jun 26 2014, 08:21 AM)
PS:better than Exyshit la..
Exynos actually pretty much the same as Mediatek and Kirin, as all of them just use the same ARM Cortex cores, the differences are probably different modem, GPS, accelerometer and various other controller chipsets only
smokey
post Jun 26 2014, 03:43 PM

Infinity speed
3,469 posts

the on screen buttons are a turn down for me...
kaiserreich
post Jun 26 2014, 04:20 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

Supports TD-LTE,WCDMA,GSM,FDD-LTE
means no problem in terms of compatibility with Malaysian 4G networks.
*pending more information on the frequency bands.
brianccg
post Jun 26 2014, 04:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,020 posts

Seems not a bad phone
hirota
post Jun 26 2014, 04:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,176 posts

price same as China version Oneplus One, if this phone can have LTE+dual sim then GG
salimbest83
post Jun 26 2014, 04:39 PM

♥PMS on certain day♥
8,548 posts

QUOTE(smokey @ Jun 26 2014, 03:43 PM)
thx bro. at least some people still sane to boikot the space wasting on screen button move by gugle
TSsniperwolf
post Jun 26 2014, 05:49 PM

Boku Wa Gundam
2,810 posts

QUOTE(KennRicky @ Jun 26 2014, 01:52 PM)
May be that WAS their strategy, but I think they are changing it now.
3X just launched in India and HK. And most importantly, it is coming soon to Malaysia rclxms.gif
http://www.vmall.my/index.php/smart-phones...r-3x-glory.html
The strategy aint change much, as its more like clearing unwanted stocks in china than actually intend to expand the honor branding. If huawei intend to expand it, it might as well have a worldwide launch. Old honor 3c is already being replaced by its LTE version, and at the same price of 2gb ram version, there already the honor 3x play edition which offered better specs. And the old Honor 3x has already been replaced by 3x Pro as well. If you observe closely, majority honor device will usually launched in TD version 1st if it has both TD and WCDMA version.

And if you look at local vmall, you could notice its selling Huawei X1 instead of the cheaper pricing Honor X1 with the exactly same specs.

QUOTE(PhakFuhZai @ Jun 26 2014, 02:03 PM)
Exynos actually pretty much the same as Mediatek and Kirin, as all of them just use the same ARM Cortex cores, the differences are probably different modem, GPS, accelerometer and various other controller chipsets only
The layout seems identical, but definitely each will have their own customization which differentiate the performance. And honestly the kirin 920 aint bad at all for what you paying

QUOTE(smokey @ Jun 26 2014, 03:43 PM)
If not mistaken the Ascend P7 also using on screen captive button

QUOTE(kaiserreich @ Jun 26 2014, 04:20 PM)
Supports TD-LTE,WCDMA,GSM,FDD-LTE
means no problem in terms of compatibility with Malaysian 4G networks.
*pending more information on the frequency bands.
Paper specs indeed, but from reviews, there are 2 model which is TD (single sim) and WCDMA (dual sim). From what I read the TD China Mobile unit is only capable of utilizing the FDD or WCDMA through roaming while not in China. The WCDMA China Unicom version will definitely had no problems with Malaysia network.

QUOTE(hirota @ Jun 26 2014, 04:37 PM)
price same as China version Oneplus One, if this phone can have LTE+dual sim then GG
The WCDMA version indeed is a dual sim one which could run FDD LTE, where screenshots already showing in the review link running at China Unicom 4g network with speed test screenshot. It even has sd support unlike Oneplus One which stuck with the internal emmc, and much lighter as well

This post has been edited by sniperwolf: Jun 26 2014, 06:03 PM
TSsniperwolf
post Jun 26 2014, 05:50 PM

Boku Wa Gundam
2,810 posts

QUOTE(salimbest83 @ Jun 26 2014, 04:39 PM)
thx bro. at least some people still sane to boikot the space wasting on screen button move by gugle
Those captive button could be hide, so actually its not that big deal. I had use phone with on screen captive button before and it doesnt actually bother me much smile.gif
salimbest83
post Jun 27 2014, 08:29 AM

♥PMS on certain day♥
8,548 posts

QUOTE(sniperwolf @ Jun 26 2014, 05:50 PM)
Those captive button could be hide, so actually its not that big deal. I had use phone with on screen captive button before and it doesnt actually bother me much  smile.gif
not bothering but usually that space below the screen is big enough to put something.
bad example is from sony.
their btm bezel wasted soo much and their implementation of software button and toggle kinda bad for multitasking people
ryuken74
post Jun 27 2014, 08:42 AM

Casual
432 posts

nice phone...hope it reach Msia soon ...getting one smile.gif

KennRicky
post Jun 27 2014, 09:13 AM

Getting Started
103 posts

QUOTE(sniperwolf @ Jun 26 2014, 05:49 PM)
The strategy aint change much, as its more like clearing unwanted stocks in china than actually intend to expand the honor branding. If huawei intend to expand it, it might as well have a worldwide launch. Old honor 3c is already being replaced by its LTE version, and at the same price of 2gb ram version, there already the honor 3x play edition which offered better specs. And the old Honor 3x has already been replaced by 3x Pro as well. If you observe closely, majority honor device will usually launched in TD version 1st if it has both TD and WCDMA version.

And if you look at local vmall, you could notice its selling Huawei X1 instead of the cheaper pricing Honor X1 with the exactly same specs.
I have quite different opinion, I mean yes, by default when Huawei created Honor series, they just intended to focus within China only, as what doing by all other brands in China such as Xiaomi. It is strategy by almost all of the brands in China, bcuz they thought middle range phone strategy will only work in China market. And thus, yes they have focus on China market only for almost 6 months ~ 1 year.

And yes, the default reason why they wanna launch in other countries is that they intend to clear unwanted stock in China, so they start with some market such as Malaysia and Singapore. And the market reaction is overwhelming, which I believe had made them surprise.

For now, the strategy still doesn't changed much. But I believe they already aware whereby these other countries are worth to be treated as a REAL market rather than just a market to clear unwanted stocks from China.
TSsniperwolf
post Jun 27 2014, 02:46 PM

Boku Wa Gundam
2,810 posts

QUOTE(salimbest83 @ Jun 27 2014, 08:29 AM)
not bothering but usually that space below the screen is big enough to put something.
bad example is from sony.
their btm bezel wasted soo much and their implementation of software button and toggle kinda bad for multitasking people
From my own experience with hidden buttons, it dont actually take too much space till can actually fit in another row of icons. Hiding the soft keys only make spaces between icons increase bit only. Maybe screen size is bigger on my phone. And I dont feel it had anything to do with interrupting of multitask

QUOTE(ryuken74 @ Jun 27 2014, 08:42 AM)
nice phone...hope it reach Msia soon ...getting one smile.gif
At least half year above if it will really get into local market through official channel

QUOTE(KennRicky @ Jun 27 2014, 09:13 AM)
I have quite different opinion, I mean yes, by default when Huawei created Honor series, they just intended to focus within China only, as what doing by all other brands in China such as Xiaomi. It is strategy by almost all of the brands in China, bcuz they thought middle range phone strategy will only work in China market. And thus, yes they have focus on China market only for almost 6 months ~ 1 year.

And yes, the default reason why they wanna launch in other countries is that they intend to clear unwanted stock in China, so they start with some market such as Malaysia and Singapore. And the market reaction is overwhelming, which I believe had made them surprise.

For now, the strategy still doesn't changed much. But I believe they already aware whereby these other countries are worth to be treated as a REAL market rather than just a market to clear unwanted stocks from China.
I wont denied their awareness of market needs in other asian countries, but from what I see, China will still always be their 1st target with the honor branding, as its market is massive when compare to others. And from what I see in local trend, youngster tend to opt for big brand such like Apple, Samsung and HTC. I think majority of them rather not use a china brand if given options to choose on other branding smile.gif
mudkipryan94
post Jun 27 2014, 02:51 PM

Not today, dirtbag
All Stars
11,982 posts

QUOTE(sniperwolf @ Jun 27 2014, 02:46 PM)
From my own experience with hidden buttons, it dont actually take too much space till can actually fit in another row of icons. Hiding the soft keys only make spaces between icons increase bit only. Maybe screen size is bigger on my phone. And I dont feel it had anything to do with interrupting of multitask
At least half year above if it will really get into local market through official channel
I wont denied their awareness of market needs in other asian countries, but from what I see, China will still always be their 1st target with the honor branding, as its market is massive when compare to others. And from what I see in local trend, youngster tend to opt for big brand such like Apple, Samsung and HTC. I think majority of them rather not use a china brand if given options to choose on other branding  smile.gif
u forgot LG too .. doh.gif
TSsniperwolf
post Jun 27 2014, 02:59 PM

Boku Wa Gundam
2,810 posts

QUOTE(mudkipryan94 @ Jun 27 2014, 02:51 PM)
u forgot LG too .. doh.gif
From what I observed, LG and Sony demand is lower compare to that 3 I mentioned lor biggrin.gif

128 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:18 AM