Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Are you an Airbnb user?, General discussion about the website

views

inezndrws
post Jun 17 2015, 10:58 AM

0 posts

hi all. I'm Inez and I'm doing a project paper as to complete my study. my topic is "Consumer adoption of AirBnB in Malaysia"

therefore, it would mean a lot to me if you guys are free to fill in the questionnaire. thank you for your time and kind cooperation.

http://goo.gl/forms/3vbSl4adrA

regards,
Inez
Kelv
post Jul 6 2015, 01:22 PM

Be kind to animals
3,987 posts

QUOTE(MandyG @ Mar 27 2015, 07:16 PM)
I singup using lowyat referral and get the rm75 but it couldnt found on my account. Is it got expire date? because i didnt get any notice regarding it....
How to get the RM79 travel credits?
myw66
post Aug 17 2015, 10:50 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(Kelv @ Jul 6 2015, 01:22 PM)
How to get the RM79 travel credits?
signup via eferral link from my sig and u will get rm102 travel credits smile.gif
windlee
post Aug 30 2015, 08:12 PM

18 posts

hi, i wanna ask I booked my Taipei hostel thru AIRBNB. The price showed intially is RM 1,182.00 . But when i make payment showed Euro 246. So how much exactly I paid thru my credit card? Is the payment go thru now or later?
The host already accept my booking, status is success. I'm paying using CIMB VISA signature.

Below the statement showed this message when I pay using credit card.
You are paying in €EUR. Your total charge is €246. The exchange rate for booking this listing is €1 EUR to $36.65 TWD (your host's listing currency).

This post has been edited by windlee: Aug 30 2015, 08:13 PM
@secret@
post Aug 30 2015, 08:34 PM

Casual
337 posts

QUOTE(windlee @ Aug 30 2015, 08:12 PM)
hi, i wanna ask I booked my Taipei hostel thru AIRBNB. The price showed intially is RM 1,182.00 . But when i make payment showed Euro 246. So how much exactly I paid thru my credit card? Is the payment go thru now or later?
The host already accept my booking, status is success. I'm paying using CIMB VISA signature.

Below the statement showed this message when I pay using credit card.
You are paying in €EUR. Your total charge is €246. The exchange rate for booking this listing is €1 EUR to $36.65 TWD (your host's listing currency).
reason is the don't transact in Ringgit or ringgit is currently not accepted for payment I believed.
so Visa will determine the actual forex + cimb admin fee.

This post has been edited by @secret@: Aug 30 2015, 08:34 PM
windlee
post Aug 30 2015, 08:45 PM

18 posts

So meaning if it is accepted, the rate i checked just now is at 4.804.. convert MYR is 1,181.81?
So i will be paying this amount at this rate? Since the host already accepted..

This post has been edited by windlee: Aug 30 2015, 08:48 PM
act one
post Sep 11 2015, 05:06 PM

Casual
371 posts

We Love AirBnB !!

Please support me, sign up !
Davidtcf
post Oct 5 2015, 02:11 PM

To the moon!!
3,440 posts

wow just found out about this (why so little marketing/advertising from your end?)

can i end up making money if I open my property in future for this?

Is there any risks in involves? (e.g. robbers, thiefs etc) according to Msia laws?
DarkWRC
post Oct 7 2015, 08:06 AM

22 posts

We stayed with airbnb in Frankfurt and Munich last month...
The hosts were great...
Much more convenient..
Sandy2028
post Oct 8 2015, 12:17 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(DarkWRC @ Oct 7 2015, 08:06 AM)
We stayed with airbnb in Frankfurt and Munich last month...
The hosts were great...
Much more convenient..
Can u please share with me the host as my brother n me r travelling to Germany n Paris using hire car? I understand he wont be staying in Frankfurt although we landed n take off from there for a 14 days stayed. My old aged Mum will be with us too who is going to be 90.
DarkWRC
post Oct 8 2015, 10:30 AM

22 posts

Sandy,
For Frankfurt one, there are 2 rooms in that house...I believe both are in airbnb...but you did't stay there...
As for Munich, the room a bit small...I'm not sure whether can fit 3 person or not...
You can search for Simon...
lioncarlsberg
post Oct 25 2015, 08:22 PM

Casual
301 posts

To those who are actively renting out their units through AirBNB, how do you control your guests from making a duplicate of your keys? I'm concerned about this security part.

Someone said to use those guests who have good records. But I'm saying that, what if the guests appear to always be good, but decide to make a key duplicate for an accomplice to break in to the next guests who stay? How do you control that?
jsflim
post Jan 6 2016, 10:49 AM

Casual
460 posts

any coupon useable for first time user?
grchen
post Jan 9 2016, 07:44 PM

3 posts

Hello everyone,

I am the Airbnb host in Kota Kinabalu.
I started hosting about 2 years already and so far accumulated 150 good review.
Now I am having BIG BIG problem.
The management of my housing try to stop me doing this short term rental business, they gave me warning letter, they said unless I can obtain a licence from the local authority.
I went to the local Kementerian Pelancongan, the officer said there is nothing wrong to do rental service, but I need to get a business licence from the city council. But the city council officer said they can't issue any licence to residential area rclxub.gif rclxub.gif .
Without the valid licence, I have to remove my listing from Airbnb... cry.gif cry.gif

Can anyone here advise what I suppose to do now?

Thanks in advance...

This post has been edited by grchen: Jan 9 2016, 07:47 PM
grchen
post Jan 9 2016, 07:48 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(lioncarlsberg @ Oct 25 2015, 08:22 PM)
To those who are actively renting out their units through AirBNB, how do you control your guests from making a duplicate of your keys? I'm concerned about this security part.

Someone said to use those guests who have good records. But I'm saying that, what if the guests appear to always be good, but decide to make a key duplicate for an accomplice to break in to the next guests who stay? How do you control that?
I am using digital lock (without key).
You can reset to new password after the guest check-out.

Human Nature
post Jan 9 2016, 07:48 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,131 posts

QUOTE(grchen @ Jan 9 2016, 07:44 PM)
Hello everyone,

The management of my housing try to stop me doing this short term rental business, they gave me warning letter, they said unless I can obtain a licence from the local authority.
I went to the local Kementerian Pelancongan, the officer said there is nothing wrong to do rental service, but I need to get a business licence from the city council. But the city council officer said they can't issue any licence to residential area  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif .
Without the valid licence, I have to remove my listing from Airbnb... cry.gif  cry.gif

Thanks in advance...
why dont you contact airbnb malaysia for advice
Mr_D
post Jan 11 2016, 11:39 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(lioncarlsberg @ Oct 25 2015, 08:22 PM)

You can start investing in a digital lock. There's one where you can use your mobile to change your password at any give time (e.g. before/after your guest checked in)

Hello everyone,

I went to the local Kementerian Pelancongan, the officer said there is nothing wrong to do rental service, but I need to get a business licence from the city council. But the city council officer said they can't issue any licence to residential area  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif .
Without the valid licence, I have to remove my listing from Airbnb... cry.gif  cry.gif

Thanks in advance...
May I know how did the management came to know about your business? So far for mine, been trying to keep it low profile, ensuring all guest to keep the noise down at night.
grchen
post Jan 12 2016, 10:39 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(Mr_D @ Jan 11 2016, 11:39 AM)
You can start investing in a digital lock. There's one where you can use your mobile to change your password at any give time (e.g. before/after your guest checked in)
May I know how did the management came to know about your business? So far for mine, been trying to keep it low profile, ensuring all guest to keep the noise down at night.
This post has been edited by grchen: Jan 12 2016, 10:41 AM
grchen
post Jan 19 2016, 12:06 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Jan 9 2016, 07:48 PM)
why dont you contact airbnb malaysia for advice
Do you have Airbnb Malaysia contact number? Try to google for it, but can't find it.

Thanks in advance!
munkeyflo
post Jan 19 2016, 12:10 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance...
Some condo management just do not allow Airbnb or short term renting. This is something you'll probably have to discuss with your management. I do know of a condo in KK that strictly does not allow Airbnb or similar homestay listing and their reason is because it's for the safety of the condo residence.

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:56 AM