Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Anyone know about Macro Kiosk?

views

allvin
post Aug 14 2006, 05:34 PM

4,506 posts

QUOTE(Killerz622 @ Aug 14 2006, 05:49 PM)
msc is what? i only know msn
Multimedia Super Corridor smile.gif
TSKillerz622
post Aug 14 2006, 06:33 PM

T-S 002 MungenZ
9,841 posts

oo...still don't understand it...hahaha
i only know the company is good for nothing
truth00017
post May 9 2007, 04:50 PM

6 posts

Call National Consumer Complaint Centre 03-7977 9000 and log your case with them fast..

SUSgogo2
post May 9 2007, 04:56 PM

gogo2
All Stars
18,672 posts

hey, this company is not bad lar. its just doing hosting for sms related protocol. it is the company that use their service that cheat u. macrokiosk is innocent. dun simply talk bad about company smile.gif coz last time i do part time before. my part time company ask me develop sms content and use macrokiosk for their sms protocol service. wat lar u. scolding wrong company tongue.gif
Twinchest
post May 9 2007, 05:24 PM

Casual
387 posts

Well... Eventhough it's the other company who do it, partly The parent company can be blame as well for not filtering which company that should be in and which one that shouldn't be. Report and claim. If they don't listen, Sue them. Eventhough it's just 5 bucks, but what is important is Your right are protected and at least the scam would be a bit scared to Drain your 5 dollars in the future~! Cheers !
porkchop
post May 9 2007, 05:38 PM

Lalala Life's Sweet
6,626 posts

how do they take money, when we did not even send a confirmation subscription??
SUSradical85
post May 9 2007, 06:51 PM

lalala~~
625 posts

QUOTE(gogo2 @ May 9 2007, 04:56 PM)
hey, this company is not bad lar. its just doing hosting for sms related protocol. it is the company that use their service that cheat u. macrokiosk is innocent. dun simply talk bad about company smile.gif coz last time i do part time before. my part time company ask me develop sms content and use macrokiosk for their sms protocol service. wat lar u. scolding wrong company tongue.gif
im just an assassin. i did nothing wrong, those who at fault are the one who hire me. Dont blame me, leave me alone!

btw why bring up such n old topic? a lot of newly registered member spamming for post count, very suspicious!
blazin_fir3
post May 10 2007, 02:15 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

lolz..maybe coz now there is an email circulating with this thread as an attachment thats why got new post lorh.. Coz i also just received the email to check this out..
SUSgogo2
post May 13 2007, 11:31 AM

gogo2
All Stars
18,672 posts

QUOTE(radical85 @ May 9 2007, 06:51 PM)
im just an assassin. i did nothing wrong, those who at fault are the one who hire me. Dont blame me, leave me alone!

btw why bring up such n old topic? a lot of newly registered member spamming for post count, very suspicious!
how to filter?

The Macrokiosk works like this:

Company A have a server.

Customer send sms to macrokiosk
macrokiosk forward to Company A server
company A reply to macrokiosk
macrokiosk send back sms to customer

u see, macrokiosk is intermediate. wat can he do except to stop the company business.
truth00017
post May 17 2007, 10:47 AM

6 posts

You are not ALONE..Million are..
Read www.jeffooi.com and send him your evidence
coolzero
post May 22 2007, 05:26 PM

Casual
484 posts

QUOTE(gogo2 @ May 13 2007, 11:31 AM)
how to filter?

The Macrokiosk works like this:

Company A have a server.

Customer send sms to macrokiosk
macrokiosk forward to Company A server
company A reply to macrokiosk
macrokiosk send back sms to customer

u see, macrokiosk is intermediate. wat can he do except to stop the company business.
Can't blame you as you are not in the industry. If MK own the shortcode MK should be responsible on every single sms sent out from that shortcode. Shortcode owner is being warned and alerted for these countless time by telco and MCMC since last year. If the same problem still happening until today who do you think is guilty? The "dun give a damn" shortcode owner like MK or those "hit and run" small company that use the shortcode?

From what I see is if the shortcode owner take a step to prevent the client to abuse the sms shortcode then what can the "hit and run" company can do to spoil the market?

Jeffooi.com is doing a very good job in exposing the very details of the industry. Want to know more go there.
unknowingly
post May 28 2007, 03:13 PM

13 posts

Well said, gogo. Your remarks really do reflect your knowledge/experience from someone who has worked in this industry. Can't blame the public to have wrong impression.

Companies such as Next Nation and MacroK are the platform/gateway providers. They are given and own shortcodes and have helped smaller CPs to disseminate their contents.

Yes, no doubt that these big names have the power to spoof but i believe it's strongly otherwise. The chances of wrong doing on purpose can easily be done and is there a point for these big players to get that extra dollar? Put some thoughts into that.

Besides, why take the risks knowing that your company's name, i.e. NextNation & MacroK, will be displayed in one's telephone bill? Could this be a case of a sabotage?

I am one of Jeff's avid fans, for sure. A reputable blogger he is, and many comments he makes about ongoing issues are very interesting. However, this time around about the sms scam expose, there's alot of doubts about it. Many areas seem to prove too one-sided. NextNation and MacroK have become the sole targets. Could there be more? Any hidden agenda perhaps?

Check out this blog below for a different point of view:

http://mobilebedsidenews.blogspot.com/

From a public perspective, i really cant blame if NextNation and MacroK are the ones to be blamed. The big 'BUT' here is, if you're an insider, or someone who is from this industry, we are all well aware of the nuisance existence of AKN Mtech.

Let's all 'hail' Pai Kiah LIM....

p/s: well i did mention in previous thread that i get spoofed from AKN Mtech too...

KakuzuNeo
post Dec 16 2011, 09:20 AM

7 posts

Yesterday buy some credit for CastleVille game in Facebook. I buy via Boku mobile. They send me code but error appeared on laptop screen " Sorry, We cant process your payment " WTF !!!

I still havent receive any game credit till now..anyone now their local email address ?
I want to make complaint.

Wasted my RM20 for nothing vmad.gif
takuntung
post Jun 3 2012, 10:18 AM

33 posts

I got conned rm192 from tis macrok, already made a complaint to maxis and suruhanjaya Komunikasi dan Multimedia Malaysia, after a week, stil no action taken yet..
kent_lau7
post Jan 26 2013, 11:52 PM

Enthusiast
767 posts

hi, you want MakroKiosk address in Malaysia?

Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
MACRO KIOSK BERHAD
Mezzanine Floor
Menara Tan & Tan
207 Jalan Tun Razak
50400 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia
Tel: +603 2164 8100
Fax:+603 2164 9100
Day/Time:Sunday, 03:52pm (GMT +8)

http://www.macrokiosk.com/index.php/contac...egional-offices

p/s: I am not working at MK, neither I have any interest with them.

But I see an advertisement in today's thestar. So I begin to search for this MK.
kent_lau7
post Jan 27 2013, 12:04 AM

Enthusiast
767 posts

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...95&sec=business
KannaSai1
post Jan 27 2013, 12:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

QUOTE(Killerz622 @ Aug 13 2006, 10:34 PM)
Who know where is this company located? I want to go their main company and whack them off! Just now they just makan my money nia....CCB!!!!
I never do anything and my RM5 is gone just like that...f***er company!!!!!!
located in cyberjaya... ^^

go wack it...
gsc
post May 29 2013, 08:03 PM

Regular
1,624 posts

QUOTE(takuntung @ Jun 3 2012, 10:18 AM)
I got conned rm192 from tis macrok, already made a complaint to maxis and suruhanjaya Komunikasi dan Multimedia Malaysia, after a week, stil no action taken yet..
I just kena con by this company...I google for Whatspps in the net and then suddenly google suggested a website, the website screen appeared "key in your mobile number" which I did, then asked me to press yes....received sms from Digi that RM5 is charged for registration and RM5 per month for services...
I keyed in and refresh with my same Digi number and I was charged RM5 x3....how can they provide the same services three times to the same numbers....this Makrokiosk intention is to cheat....

I called Digi and worst Digi said nothing can be done on subsequent charges. Digi claimed they have signed agreement with this company to honour the payment. I spoke to Digi, Jason Loo, he said he is the manager. He provided Makrokiosk contact and email immediately to me to call....

There must be a lot of complain on this company and Digi is able to provide info. so fast. Digi could have void the agreement since there were people complained before. Why Digi continue? Digi is collaborating with this Makrokisk to force Digi customer to switch to maxis or others...

What else can we do ?
ramen241
post Jun 17 2013, 09:50 AM

Casual
327 posts

Im one of the victim...total charge rm56!!
Ive asked for refund from tbis frigging m.f company and lets see...
And digi not being much of help either.
magnumkaiser
post Jun 17 2013, 12:23 PM

Rest in Peace
1,032 posts

thanks for the warning

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0240sec    0.71    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:17 PM