Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cukai Pintu Explained, Cukai Pintu/Assessment Rate issue in KL Financial

views

kochin
post Jan 6 2016, 09:03 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(jepakazoid_82 @ Dec 29 2015, 11:22 AM)
I called my condo management office yesterday. It seems that they have paid DBKL both the Quit Rend and Assessment earlier this year. According to them from next year onwards I will need to pay it myself direct to DBKL. Is this the normal way?

Thanks.
whatever condo management paid on behalf, they would need to charge back to respective owners.
kochin
post Jan 6 2016, 09:05 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(jepakazoid_82 @ Dec 28 2015, 01:45 PM)
Hi Guys, for newly completed unit, when do we need to start paying the assessment rate? Is it one year after VP?

Also is there a way that I can get the account number if I do not have the letter with me?

My tenant said she he has not received any letter from DBKL. Tenant is expat so not sure if she understands which letter is from DBKL.

Thanks guys.
you can try giving DBKL full address to do a search.
sometimes they only release the information to owners as per SPA.
if the name that appears on the bill matches your IC, you can get a copy.

key word: sometimes.
jepakazoid_82
post Jan 6 2016, 04:07 PM

Enthusiast
829 posts

QUOTE(kochin @ Jan 6 2016, 09:05 AM)
you can try giving DBKL full address to do a search.
sometimes they only release the information to owners as per SPA.
if the name that appears on the bill matches your IC, you can get a copy.

key word: sometimes.
Thanks bero Kochin
joshuawhlam
post Jan 13 2016, 12:40 AM

Getting Started
100 posts

May want to ask for the rate of cukai taksiran of a condo residential unit on commercial land? DBKL count 7% rather than 4% as common residential unit. Can this rate being reduced?
moonkar
post Feb 2 2016, 07:58 AM

42 posts

Thanks bros
MsYoppyStar
post Mar 19 2016, 12:18 AM

44 posts

Sei lo I still not yet settle it
WahBiang
post Apr 17 2016, 10:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,718 posts

Try to find the assessment rate for Gombak (border between KL and Selangor), but it not even appear in those majlis perbandaran website. Anyone got the rate for MPS Gombak?
haroon86
post May 12 2016, 10:56 AM

29 posts

Hi,

I had a question regarding my assessment.

I recently got a notice to settle outstanding assessment by 15th May 2016 (Had some outstanding).
So anyways, I have already paid the outstanding amount, on 10th May. Its all done.

I paid through the Maybank service.

However, when I checked online on the Majilis Perbandaran Selayang site, the bill still shows the same amount, even after 2 days. Which means the payment I made has not been effected/processed yet.

Can I please know how long does it take for the payment to be processed and recorded after paying through services such as Maybank?

Thanks. smile.gif
Speed99Asia
post May 19 2016, 12:40 PM

4 posts

Great guide indeed. Thank you.
brando_w
post Oct 18 2016, 10:48 PM

Casual
480 posts

Hi MyKLTalks,

I have a question regarding assesment collected for Mont Kiara area under DBKL jurisdiction.

As you may already be aware there are thousands of units of condos in Mont Kiara.

For a 3000sqft condo; I'm paying an average of 200RM a month which equates to RM2.4k a year. This is just for one unit; and when multiplied by the total units in the condo; the total amount collected by DBKL is quite substantial. When you add up the total number of condos in Mont Kiara itself; the total sum would be enormous.

We do acknowledge that paying the assessment is crucial for the upkeep of the area; but having said that; many would agree that Mont Kiara has one of the worst road conditions in KL.

To be transparent; can we know the total amount collected by DBKL from Mont Kiara itself and how is the money being spent? Is there any long term solution to the road condition problem?

Am sure DBKL has organised many study trips abroad to learn from developed countries on how to efficiently manage a city; take a look at Singapore and Australia's road conditions; is there any way we could emulate them?

happyfishfish
post Dec 30 2016, 02:03 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(brando_w @ Oct 18 2016, 10:48 PM)
Hi MyKLTalks,

I have a question regarding assesment collected for Mont Kiara area under DBKL jurisdiction.

As you may already be aware there are thousands of units of condos in Mont Kiara.

For a 3000sqft condo; I'm paying an average of 200RM a month which equates to RM2.4k a year. This is just for one unit; and when multiplied by the total units in the condo; the total amount collected by DBKL is quite substantial. When you add up the total number of condos in Mont Kiara itself; the total sum would be enormous.

We do acknowledge that paying the assessment is crucial for the upkeep of the area; but having said that; many would agree that Mont Kiara has one of the worst road conditions in KL.

To be transparent; can we know the total amount collected by DBKL from Mont Kiara itself and how is the money being spent? Is there any long term solution to the road condition problem?

Am sure DBKL has organised many study trips abroad to learn from developed countries on how to efficiently manage a city; take a look at Singapore and Australia's road conditions; is there any way we could emulate them?
I totally agree.
DjK
post Jan 4 2017, 12:15 PM

Casual
381 posts

Hi all,

I am currently being handover keys to my condo. as the strata title is completed i would need to change name for the cukai pintu (assessment).

I am not familiar with the procedures and the MPSJ (majlis perbandaran subang jaya) website is confusing.

Anyone care to share the procedures on how should i do it smoothly? any forms or photocopies i should ready before going to MPSJ? should i prepare any deposits like for the utilities? thank you.
lucerne
post Feb 17 2017, 08:49 AM

Regular
1,946 posts

QUOTE(kochin @ Jan 6 2016, 09:03 AM)
whatever condo management paid on behalf, they would need to charge back to respective owners.
it is not allow in strata act.
management has to include all the expenses in monthly management fee.
management can only collect 2 fee- management fee n sinking fund

developer/jmb/mc need to calculate all possible expense (incl quit rent, insurance, sewerage etc) and estimate in the monthly fee
cckthechun
post Feb 23 2017, 10:27 PM

Casual
386 posts

will this cukai remain the same all the time or it would fluctuate from year to year?
spreeeee
post Feb 27 2017, 11:56 AM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,755 posts

is it normal that the cukai taksiran/pintu will be reviewed every year? recently received love letter from local authority that the cukai is re-adjusted.. additional RM30.92/year.
gonzalo20
post Mar 1 2017, 08:31 PM

Cuckoo Agent
927 posts

if house under 2 names will the cukai pintu also 2 name?
WahBiang
post Mar 28 2017, 11:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,718 posts

for service apartment, how much is the assessment rate in KL? 6%?
propertymart
post Apr 9 2017, 12:12 PM

Getting Started
288 posts

I m looking to buy a service apartment ,
I will take residential loan , but the developer staff say is under a commercial land, but is under service apartment,

Can I know will I able to convert my TNB bill to residential rate?
Or water bill residential rate? Or quit rent / assessment ?
Anyone own a service apartment here could give some advice?

Strata title, under residential or commercial?

Is my cukai pintu under commercial rate?

This post has been edited by propertymart: Apr 9 2017, 12:13 PM
thunderbird
post Apr 12 2017, 02:19 PM

SO what?
1,799 posts

QUOTE(propertymart @ Apr 9 2017, 12:12 PM)
I m looking to buy a service apartment ,
I will take residential loan , but the developer staff say is under a commercial land, but is under service apartment,

Can I know will I able to convert my TNB bill to residential rate?
Or water bill residential rate? Or quit rent / assessment ?
Anyone own a service apartment here could give some advice?

Strata title, under residential or commercial?

Is my cukai pintu under commercial rate?
TNB - YES

Water - NO, but hear say it's possible

Cukai Pintu definitely commercial rate - But can appeal to adjust accordingly
propertymart
post Apr 25 2017, 02:26 PM

Getting Started
288 posts

QUOTE(thunderbird @ Apr 12 2017, 02:19 PM)
TNB - YES

Water - NO, but hear say it's possible

Cukai Pintu definitely commercial rate - But can appeal to adjust accordingly
smile.gif notworthy.gif

17 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0175sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:59 PM