Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cukai Pintu Explained, Cukai Pintu/Assessment Rate issue in KL Financial

views

RoofTopPrince
post Aug 18 2022, 03:11 PM

As long as you have the memories, you can be with that person fo
575 posts

QUOTE(sno0py @ Nov 15 2019, 06:46 PM)
Hi guys, what to do if overpaid cukai taksiran? Can i request for refund from MBPJ?
Good question.. anyone can answer this?

Jedi3815
post Aug 18 2022, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

Hi, before covid, i bought a house, and the SPA was signed BEFORE March 2020, so i got the moratorium with Maybank (which is fine).

then covid happened, house became mine (my name is on the grant tanah) somewhere in May 2020.

Moved to the house in January 2021, and stayed there since.

i noticed that my cukai pintu/tanah still has the name of the old owner.

So i went to Majlis Perbandaran Kajang (my house in Kajang), and i plan to change the name to mine, and i notice this clause.....

LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT, 1976
SECTION 160.

(1) Whenever any rateable holding within a local authority area is sold or transferred it shall be the duty of the seller or transferor and the purchaser or transferee within three months after such sale or transfer to give notice thereof to the local authority in Form I of the First Schedule hereto.

&

(6) Every person failing to give any notice shall on conviction be liable to a fine not exceeding two thousand ringgit or to a term of imprisonment not exceeding six months or with both.

Now its August 2022, which is WAY passed the 3 months period to change name......what should i do? just maintain the old owners name on the cukai pintu/tanah? (i pay accordingly anyway, no penalty so far). I dont want to go to jail for that.......

Need sifu's help

UPDATE : I did it (change name) last month (October 2022) at MPKj, and they only charge me RM40 (instead of RM50 as stated in the forms), and NO PENALTY. Now my Cukai Pintu with MPKj and Cukai Tanah with State of Selangor is under my name. Yeay.

This post has been edited by Jedi3815: Nov 21 2022, 03:06 PM
vinceleo
post Aug 18 2022, 05:09 PM

Enthusiast
991 posts

No worry just proceed with the name change likely no penalty impose, mine with MBSJ more than 1 year before name change done touchwood no penalty whatsoever

QUOTE(Jedi3815 @ Aug 18 2022, 04:24 PM)
Hi, before covid, i bought a house, and the SPA was signed BEFORE March 2020, so i got the moratorium with Maybank (which is fine).

then covid happened, house became mine (my name is on the grant tanah) somewhere in May 2020.

So i went to Majlis Perbandaran Kajang (my house in Kajang), and i plan to change the name to mine, and i notice this clause.....

SECTION 160.

(1) Whenever any rateable holding within a local authority area is sold or transferred it shall be the duty of the seller or transferor and the purchaser or transferee within three months after such sale or transfer to give notice thereof to the local authority in Form I of the First Schedule hereto.

&

(6) Every person failing to give any notice shall on conviction be liable to a fine not exceeding two thousand ringgit or to a term of imprisonment not exceeding six months or with both.

Now its August 2022, which is WAY passed the 3 months period to change name......what should i do? just maintain the old owners name on the cukai pintu/tanah? (i pay accordingly anyway, no penalty so far). I dont want to go to jail for that.......

Need sifu's help
Ch0wCh0w
post Sep 2 2022, 02:08 AM

Casual
460 posts

Thank you for sharing. Parking
pepper_mint2
post Nov 19 2022, 06:00 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(Jedi3815 @ Aug 18 2022, 04:24 PM)

SECTION 160.

&

Need sifu's help
Ya I did mine more than a year and there’s no penalty. In fact I just gave mp sepang a call and then fill in the relevant form they requested with documents they needed and it was changed within a day. Same goes for indah water as it was under previous owners name for more than two years.. all done via call and email without needing to drive to the mp
Jedi3815
post Nov 21 2022, 03:03 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(pepper_mint2 @ Nov 19 2022, 06:00 PM)
Ya I did mine more than a year and there’s no penalty. In fact I just gave mp sepang a call and then fill in the relevant form they requested with documents they needed and it was changed within a day. Same goes for indah water  as it was under previous owners name for more than two years.. all done via call and email without needing to drive to the mp
Shit. forgot to update, yeah NO PENALTY for me too. I did it last month (or so)
hihihehe
post May 15 2023, 10:19 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,451 posts

anyone know the email for dbkl to appeal for the assessment rate

i have tried sending email to the 1 listed in the letter and the website but all return to sender. i am guessing they don't accept attachment
kueks
post May 28 2023, 01:00 PM

Playstation
6,417 posts

just received letter from majlis kajang

nilai tahunan rm 5600
kadar 8.8%

how they count if spa price is rm 533,500 hmm

wenywk
post Jul 18 2023, 03:08 PM

2 posts

Hello
can anyone help to explain, what to do if I have never receive any bill for quit rent for my condo. DO I just go the land office to enquire or I can do it online. thanks
ck2chan
post Nov 20 2023, 01:05 PM

Regular
1,991 posts

DBKL officer now very hardworking. They go till your unit to serve you outstanding notice.
KenM
post Dec 2 2023, 04:00 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(kueks @ May 28 2023, 12:00 PM)
just received letter from majlis kajang

nilai tahunan rm 5600
kadar 8.8%

how they count if spa price is rm 533,500 hmm
if not mistaken, they use average rental rates as a guide and a percentage from there

17 Pages « < 15 16 17Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:54 PM