17 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cukai Pintu Explained, Cukai Pintu/Assessment Rate issue in KL Financial

views

TSMyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 03:49 PM, updated 11y ago

Getting Started
69 posts

The Cukai Pintu or Assessment Rate issue has been getting a lot of attention, as well as a fair bit of misinformation.

We are here to explain the Assessment Rate/Cukai Pintu issue by going back to basics.

If you have any questions concerning the Cukai Pintu/ Assessment Rate issue, please feel free to ask us.
mingyew
post Jan 6 2014, 03:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,146 posts

You represent who to asnwer us?
zhavorsa
post Jan 6 2014, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

Can elaborate what is this cukai all about? I know we pay for the cleaning service, cut grass etc. Other than that?
kochin
post Jan 6 2014, 04:11 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(MyKLTalks @ Jan 6 2014, 03:49 PM)
The Cukai Pintu or Assessment Rate issue has been getting a lot of attention, as well as a fair bit of misinformation.

We are here to explain the Assessment Rate/Cukai Pintu issue by going back to basics.

If you have any questions concerning the Cukai Pintu/ Assessment Rate issue, please feel free to ask us.
it will be more credible if you can shed some light on your background.

nevertheless, i'll play along.

do enlighten us on whether the blogger have stated accurately and correctly on matters pertaining to KL assessment rates.

1st post:
http://www.tongkooiong.com/2013/12/dbkl-as...s-and_1247.html

and 2nd post:
http://www.tongkooiong.com/2013/12/dbkl-as...ies-and_28.html

thank you. notworthy.gif icon_rolleyes.gif
mingyew
post Jan 6 2014, 04:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,146 posts

Let him explain mar, purposely register to help us leh... so sincere.
TSMyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 04:19 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(zhavorsa @ Jan 6 2014, 03:52 PM)
Can elaborate what is this cukai all about? I know we pay for the cleaning service, cut grass etc. Other than that?
For an as-yet incomplete list, you can go to mykl.com.my and see DBKL's function there.

TSMyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 04:21 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(mingyew @ Jan 6 2014, 03:50 PM)
You represent who to asnwer us?
We are an online team set up to clarify this issue. Our Twitter handle is @MyKLTalks and our FB is fb.com/mykltalks . The website is www [dot] mykl [dot] com [dot] my

TSMyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 04:23 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(kochin @ Jan 6 2014, 04:11 PM)
it will be more credible if you can shed some light on your background.

nevertheless, i'll play along.

do enlighten us on whether the blogger have stated accurately and correctly on matters pertaining to KL assessment rates.

1st post:
http://www.tongkooiong.com/2013/12/dbkl-as...s-and_1247.html

and 2nd post:
http://www.tongkooiong.com/2013/12/dbkl-as...ies-and_28.html

thank you.  notworthy.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif
He has a few points which are correct and the formula seems legit.

However, if you have a specific question, you may ask us or go to mykl.com.my/en/faq.html

This post has been edited by MyKLTalks: Jan 6 2014, 10:23 PM
mingyew
post Jan 6 2014, 04:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,146 posts

Can i start with few layman question?

1. DBKL said increase to raise fund because long time dint raise and short of fund, but in my mind, many new high rise is built and the fund is increase tremendously as well, is that any other reason?

2. Why high rise assessment fees as expensive as landed property? all the unit use same piece of land and should divide equally which i don't think can cost so much.

3. After raise the fund, it means will improve my surround environment? For a very common folks, we expected DBKL take initial to improve surround landscape / road maintenance / etc. Can you decrease your assessment rate if nothing doing to my area?

Thanks.
TSMyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 04:46 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(mingyew @ Jan 6 2014, 04:31 PM)
Can i start with few layman question?

1. DBKL said increase to raise fund because long time dint raise and short of fund, but in my mind, many new high rise is built and the fund is increase tremendously as well, is that any other reason?

2. Why high rise assessment fees as expensive as landed property? all the unit use same piece of land and should divide equally which i don't think can cost so much.

3. After raise the fund, it means will improve my surround environment? For a very common folks, we expected DBKL take initial to improve surround landscape / road maintenance / etc. Can you decrease your assessment rate if nothing doing to my area?

Thanks.
Thanks for asking!

Before I answer these questions, let's get a few things straight so we are all on the same page.

To say the Cukai Pintu is increased is not entirely true. The Annual Value is increased and the Assessment Rate Percentage is decreased.

The formula for amount of Cukai Pintu or Assessment Rate paid is this: Cukai Pintu or Assesment Rate = Annual Value or Nilai Tahunan X Assessment Rate Percentage.

One factor goes up and another one goes down. Some owners will pay less and some will pay more, depending on how much the increase of their Annual Value as compared to the decrease in Assessment Rate Percentage.

Now, on to your questions:

1. There are two components to your question. First is the last time there was an Annual Value revision was in 1992. All this while, all these properties were charged the Assessment Rate based on that old value. Since then, the value of these properties have increased. So when there is a revision, 21 years later on any property, of course the value goes up. The second component is the increasing cost to cover the increasing operating expenditure and development expenditure. Yes, cost has increased and even with more property units paying Assessment Rate, it is not enough to cover the shortfall.

2. More people staying in KL whether in high-rise property or landed ones means more strain on the upkeep and maintenance of facilities and amenities. For example, roads - City Hall spent a lot just to maintain roads. If more people use them, then the maintenance cost would also soar.

3. Yes, as outlined in the Annual Budget Speech by the Mayor, there are many plans with the funds to improve and upgrade existing facilities and amenities with the aim to make and maintain KL as a world class city.

Any other questions, please ask us or engage us on Twitter (@mykltalks), FB: fb.com/mykltalks and our website: mykl.com.my

This post has been edited by MyKLTalks: Jan 6 2014, 04:47 PM
godlikexioo
post Jan 6 2014, 05:01 PM

Enthusiast
745 posts

Sorry Mr. MyKLTalks, i cant get ur link "mykl.com.my/faq" ; the URL /faq was not found on this server.

it is good that we know more about the DBKL function, would u pls elaborate more on the penyelenggaraan bangunan, jalan dan taman-taman. Since we are paying for it, is it the process of awarded the contract for maintenance works is transparent? The way for us to know the yearly financial report/ account auditing report?

I'm having a problem with the current condition for the road, it is always cause damage to my car absorber & suspension and if the road condition cause car accident is DBKL the right entity for me to submit the claim on my loses? i.e. unclear sign board, street lighting not functioning and pothole.

There are part of the money going for perbelanjaan persembahan kebudayaan dan aktiviti rekreasi so are we have the right to request the type of perembahan for any religion and culture in KL as we are multi races and culture country?
grifterfmj
post Jan 6 2014, 05:05 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(MyKLTalks @ Jan 6 2014, 04:46 PM)
Thanks for asking!

Before I answer these questions, let's get a few things straight so we are all on the same page.

To say the Cukai Pintu is increased is not entirely true. The Annual Value is increased and the Assessment Rate Percentage is decreased.

The formula for amount of Cukai Pintu or Assessment Rate paid is this: Cukai Pintu or Assesment Rate  = Annual Value or Nilai Tahunan X Assessment Rate Percentage.

One factor goes up and another one goes down. Some owners will pay less and some will pay more, depending on how much the increase of their Annual Value as compared to the decrease in Assessment Rate Percentage.

1. There are two components to your question. First is the last time there was an Annual Value revision was in 1992. All this while, all these properties were charged the Assessment Rate based on that old value. Since then, the value of these properties have increased. So when there is a revision, 21 years later on any property, of course the value goes up. The second component is the increasing cost to cover the increasing operating expenditure and development expenditure. Yes, cost has increased and even with more property units paying Assessment Rate, it is not enough to cover the shortfall.

2. More people staying in KL whether in high-rise property or landed ones means more strain on the upkeep and maintenance of facilities and amenities. For example, roads - City Hall spent a lot just to maintain roads. If more people use them, then the maintenance cost would also soar.

3. Yes, as outlined in the Annual Budget Speech by the Mayor, there are many plans with the funds to improve and upgrade existing facilities and amenities with the aim to make and maintain KL as a world class city.

Any other questions, please ask us or engage us on Twitter (@mykltalks), FB: fb.com/mykltalks and our website: mykl.com.my
In that case could you please explain

1. What is the justification for the increase, cost from 1992 - 2014. Cost has increased granted but by how many %? and of that cost how much is actually used for maintenance as per increase in yoy cost? You can't tell me cost has increased by 10% then turn around and give the datuk bandar big fat bonus (of course cost is going to increase la)

2. The reason why our roads cost so much to maintain is because the job is not done properly in the first place and secondly there is not stop korek korek korek everyday also korek like our roads have gold underneath. But if maintaining the roads is such a high cost what pray tell is costing so much? (paving? tar? labor?)

3. I hope I live to see the day KL can be considered a world class city but at the moment the gripe seems to be with wastages, corruption and just total lack of trust that the funds would be put to good use. Anyway you said some would pay more some would pay less, could you please elaborate with an example.

Thanks.

b00n
post Jan 6 2014, 05:08 PM

delusional
Group Icon
VIP
9,137 posts

QUOTE(MyKLTalks @ Jan 6 2014, 04:21 PM)
We are an online team set up to clarify this issue. Our Twitter handle is @MyKLTalks and our FB is fb.com/mykltalks . The website is www [dot] mykl [dot] com [dot] my
So do you represent DBKL or a consultancy company representing DBKL or are you independent party with no relation to DBKL. We need to ascertain your credibility. TQVM
enkil
post Jan 6 2014, 05:13 PM

Regular
1,752 posts

QUOTE(MyKLTalks @ Jan 6 2014, 04:46 PM)
Thanks for asking!

The formula for amount of Cukai Pintu or Assessment Rate paid is this: Cukai Pintu or Assesment Rate  = Annual Value or Nilai Tahunan X Assessment Rate Percentage.

shakehead.gif

Still the amount charged for condo unit are way too expensive just for road maintenance. Most of the maintenance is covered by the management of the condo thru the maintenance fee.
TSMyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 05:14 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(godlikexioo @ Jan 6 2014, 05:01 PM)
Sorry Mr. MyKLTalks, i cant get ur link "mykl.com.my/faq" ; the URL /faq was not found on this server.

it is good that we know more about the DBKL function, would u pls elaborate more on the penyelenggaraan bangunan, jalan dan taman-taman. Since we are paying for it,  is it the process of awarded the contract for maintenance works is transparent? The way for us to know the yearly financial report/ account auditing report?

I'm having a problem with the current condition for the road, it is always cause damage to my car absorber & suspension and if the road condition cause car accident is DBKL the right entity for me to submit the claim on my loses?  i.e. unclear sign board, street lighting not functioning and pothole.

There are part of the money going for perbelanjaan persembahan kebudayaan dan aktiviti rekreasi so are we have the right to request the type of perembahan for any religion and culture in KL as we are multi races and culture country?
Apologies. Here is the full link: http://mykl.com.my/en/faq.html

We will bring you more information as soon as possible on the expenditure. However, should you want to know more, you can download the DBKL Mayor's budget speech here: http://www.dbkl.gov.my/index.php?option=co...id=1231&lang=ms

If you have any complaints concerning roads maintenance, you can contact DBKL at:

DEWAN BANDARAYA KUALA LUMPUR
Menara DBKL 1, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Talian Am: +603 2617 9000
Call Centre: 1 800 88 3255
Faks: +603 26980460
E-mel: dbkl@dbkl.gov.my

As for the third part of your question, yes, you can request for these performances and send a letter of suggestion to DBKL at the aforementioned address.

TSMyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 05:17 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(enkil @ Jan 6 2014, 05:13 PM)
Still the amount charged for condo unit are way too expensive just for road maintenance. Most of the maintenance is covered by the management of the condo thru the maintenance fee.
Road maintenance is just an example. Each KL resident throws half a ton or 500kg of garbage a year. City Hall spent almost RM200 million in 2013 to clear garbage alone.

More people also means they will use public parks, hawker centers, sports halls, courts, etc.

The sheer number of people will increase the operating cost for everything City Hall does to maintain the city.

godlikexioo
post Jan 6 2014, 05:25 PM

Enthusiast
745 posts

QUOTE(grifterfmj @ Jan 6 2014, 05:05 PM)

1. What is the justification for the increase,  cost from 1992 - 2014. Cost has increased granted but by how many %? and of that cost how much is actually used for maintenance as per increase in yoy cost? You can't tell me cost has increased by 10% then turn around and give the datuk bandar big fat bonus (of course cost is going to increase la)

2. The reason why our roads cost so much to maintain is because the job is not done properly in the first place and secondly there is not stop korek korek korek everyday also korek like our roads have gold underneath. But if maintaining the roads is such a high cost what pray tell is costing so much? (paving? tar? labor?)

3. I hope I live to see the day KL can be considered a world class city but at the moment the gripe seems to be with wastages, corruption and just total lack of trust that the funds would be put to good use. Anyway you said some would pay more some would pay less, could you please elaborate with an example.

Thanks.
We have top class road specification but lousy supervision during construction and tutup mata when accept those inferior quality works.
We have top standard & guide line for KL city but lousy planning and the plan always in changing, that why always korek korek and korek.
We always look for world class but eventually not lasting long maybe just few months in world class condition coz of poor in maintenance. Reason too expensive for the maintenance cost.
godlikexioo
post Jan 6 2014, 05:30 PM

Enthusiast
745 posts

QUOTE(MyKLTalks @ Jan 6 2014, 05:14 PM)
Apologies. Here is the full link: http://mykl.com.my/en/faq.html

We will bring you more information as soon as possible on the expenditure. However, should you want to know more, you can download the DBKL Mayor's budget speech here: http://www.dbkl.gov.my/index.php?option=co...id=1231&lang=ms

If you have any complaints concerning roads maintenance, you can contact DBKL at:

As for the third part of your question, yes, you can request for these performances and send a letter of suggestion to DBKL at the aforementioned address.
Thx, for the kind information. So how about the claim on loses?
mingyew
post Jan 6 2014, 05:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,146 posts

More people also means they will use public parks, hawker centers, sports halls, courts, etc.

my place apa pun takda, i stay here more than 10 years, nothing is improve.

sudah lah..
TSMyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 05:43 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(grifterfmj @ Jan 6 2014, 05:05 PM)

1. What is the justification for the increase,  cost from 1992 - 2014. Cost has increased granted but by how many %? and of that cost how much is actually used for maintenance as per increase in yoy cost? You can't tell me cost has increased by 10% then turn around and give the datuk bandar big fat bonus (of course cost is going to increase la)

Thanks.
1. The increase is for the Annual Value. The Annual Value is based on the total annual rental rate. The rent in 1992 is lower than 2013, therefore the Annual Value revision is reflecting the current market rental rates for the properties. This Annual Value is one of the factors which determine Cukai Pintu paid. For the future projection of Income Vs Expenditure for City Hall to maintain KL, please go to http://mykl.com.my/en/why.html

2. If you have anything you wish to complain about DBKL operations, please contact them:

3. Yes, KL as a world class city is achievable. Some would pay more or some would pay less this year for Assessment Rate. Here are two real world examples:

A. A medium-cost apartment in Kepong.

Old Annual Value: RM9,000
Old Assessment Rate Percentage (Residential): 6%
Old Assessment Rate paid: RM540

New Annual Value: RM12,000
New Assessment Rate Percentage (Residential): 4%
New Assessment Rate paid: RM480

So this is a decrease of RM60.

B. Vacant Land - Commercial in Bukit Bintang

Old Annual Value: RM2,226,500
Old Assessment Rate Percentage (Vacant Lot - Commercial): 10%
Old Assessment Rate paid: RM222,650