Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Fishing Thread v12, Rod, Reel, Lures!

Aniery
post Oct 4 2017, 08:32 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(thxsound1138 @ Oct 2 2017, 10:08 PM)
Usually me and my friends go to Kolam Memancing Jugra RM3. Entrance fee is RM3 per rod and whatever you fish they weigh and sell you accordingly. No releasing fish back after it's caught.

Alternatively, can register at Jabatan Landskap MBPJ on LDP and pay RM120 for a year then can fish in the big lakes around PJ. Casting with lure not so lucky for me yet...heard you gotta use live bait like Keli or Frog for Toman or Haruan.

G.
Got it. Thanks for the info ! These days I'll just save the money and head to behrang exotic farm for fishing. Bite rate is insane there . Figured I'd rather spend the RM 150 for 5 hours there and fish till my hands numb then trying out other ponds around kl pj hehe
Relentless
post Oct 4 2017, 10:50 PM

QUOTE(upcars @ Oct 4 2017, 06:18 PM)
gonna revive this tered abit.
if anyone is interested, lemme share u my spot for fishing. caught a few lampang and tilapia here few weeks back.

https://www.google.com.my/maps/place/D'...1.6029795?hl=en
alternate co-ords  2.952246, 101.616295
so i was there on a good gloomy evening on a weekday (thursday night i think)
caught some hand sized lampangs and a nice tilapia (400gm)
released it back coz i dont really eat those.

i sat at that google maps location which is near a big drainage point thing. dunno what u call it. but yeah those fishes lepak in that area. dropped in my fish finder ( yes i bought my own personal fish finder from Deeper) alarm went off non stop, plenty of fishes but mostly hand sized which i can see.

the area is clean, has a concrete walkway, fishing at night is super dark, fishing daytime there is no shade. loads of debris near shoreline but yea, overall, quite a fun experience.
below is my setup

okuma nemesis + ecooda 2500 + 12lb mono + #5 chinu + dedak 928 pandan

u should have some laughs and some fun.

warning - evening is the time aedes and other species of similar attack greatly. proceed with caution and euipment meant for aedes.
along the whole path u can fish all the way until the other end there is a jetty. its all mostly concrete path so u will find it easier to stand at shoreline. bringing the fish up is a challenge as i've surveyed the whole entire area and its full of either aquatic plants along the shoreline, or debris.

btw there is nothing at the other end where the mini jetty is. but then again, i may be using the wrong bait so i might try again.
enjoy guys !
p/s - lovely view, very windy so prepare your gears wisely

https://www.google.com.my/maps/@2.957331,10...33;8i6656?hl=en
this spot got peacock bass ah?
upcars
post Oct 5 2017, 10:14 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(Relentless @ Oct 4 2017, 10:50 PM)
this spot got peacock bass ah?
not sure.
amandafammm
post Oct 13 2017, 05:16 PM

Hi guys!
Fishing is what I cannot live a week without!
Currently I am thinking of upgrading my fishing bibs. I'm just wondering what bibs everyone has and why you picked them? What were your criteria? Are you pleased with what you have? I found some decent review on https://www.watersportsmag.com/best-ice-fishing-bibs/ , but I'd like to know about some real experience.

Thanks in advance!
upcars
post Yesterday, 12:10 PM

ok just came back from New Natural Exotic Fishing Pond that moved from Rawang to Behrang.

for those that do not know, Exotic is a catch and release pond that originated from Rawang and moved to behrang recently. It is famous for its variety of species of freshwater fish that u catch and release and for its VIP service and also for its "easy to catch" hook rate.

Rate is RM 100/ 4hrs.

U may use the variety of baits and lures. The bait sold over there are:

1 - live lampang (not recommended)
2 - live keli ( wat gor u chop up in to pieces and highly recommended for red tail)
3 - intestines ( yes sold at their freezer, but u need time to thaw out as its frozen solid)
4 - chicken meat ( yes sold also at their freezer and need time to thaw)

U may also use your own dedak but i wont recommend it as the water current is strong and constantly moving.
U may also want to consider lures for casting, i used a spoon to hook up some gar and sultan fish.

No sam char ngau is allowed, so swap your trebles on your lures with a single hook.
ALL HOOKS NEED TO DEBUG AND ONLY 1 HOOK IS ALLOWED.

prepare your heavy gears. i went in with a dogtooth rod and 8000 reel with 80lbs braid and 120lbs leader. i dunno how many leaders i've tied, i lost count. Fish there wayyyyyy more stronger than they were in the old exotic in rawang. Guess the water is better.

U may fish when its raining as its shaded. So heavy rain also dun worry. Plenty of shelter unlike the old exotic rawang.
Restaurant is upstairs but i doubt u'd wanna eat any of the stuff there. i havent tried it as i went late at night.

Pond is open 24/7 all year round with a rate of RM 100/ 4 hours and bait u can buy there. So just bring your gears and fish on !

Species i and my friends caught

1 - Amazon red tail ( plenty of these fighters ranging >10kg) the smallest we caught was 20+kg.

2 - Rohu ( 2kg + i think. didnt weight but it was around that region)

3 - Mekong (roughly 30+kg was brought up by my friend using his special bait)

4 - siamese carp ( supposed to be 30+kg but the 1 i caught was only 6kg)

5 - normal keli ( weighing in smallest is 8kg and biggest caught was 20kg)

6 - alilgator gar ( someone caught it with a pencil lure and that monster weighs around 60+kg)

7 - terrapin ( yes these pests are back in from rawang. friend hooked up a 4kg terrapin)

8 - big lampang ( they grow up to 1/2kg)

supposed to have other species but havent up yet.

Enjoy your trip to behrang......its damn far but the place is super clean, the waters are good and the service is still top notch just like last time.

ex24dec02
post Yesterday, 11:52 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(upcars @ Oct 16 2017, 12:10 PM)
ok just came back from New Natural Exotic Fishing Pond that moved from Rawang to Behrang.

for those that do not know, Exotic is a catch and release pond that originated from Rawang and moved to behrang recently. It is famous for its variety of species of freshwater fish that u catch and release and for its VIP service and also for its "easy to catch" hook rate.

Rate is RM 100/ 4hrs.

U may use the variety of baits and lures. The bait sold over there are:

1 - live lampang (not recommended)
2 - live keli ( wat gor u chop up in to pieces and highly recommended for red tail)
3 - intestines ( yes sold at their freezer, but u need time to thaw out as its frozen solid)
4 - chicken meat ( yes sold also at their freezer and need time to thaw)

U may also use your own dedak but i wont recommend it as the water current is strong and constantly moving.
U may also want to consider lures for casting, i used a spoon to hook up some gar and sultan fish.

No sam char ngau is allowed, so swap your trebles on your lures with a single hook.
ALL HOOKS NEED TO DEBUG AND ONLY 1 HOOK IS ALLOWED.

prepare your heavy gears. i went in with a dogtooth rod and 8000 reel with 80lbs braid and 120lbs leader. i dunno how many leaders i've tied, i lost count. Fish there wayyyyyy more stronger than they were in the old exotic in rawang. Guess the water is better.

U may fish when its raining as its shaded. So heavy rain also dun worry. Plenty of shelter unlike the old exotic rawang.
Restaurant is upstairs but i doubt u'd wanna eat any of the stuff there. i havent tried it as i went late at night.

Pond is open 24/7 all year round with a rate of RM 100/ 4 hours and bait u can buy there. So just bring your gears and fish on !

Species i and my friends caught

1 - Amazon red tail ( plenty of these fighters ranging >10kg) the smallest we caught was 20+kg.

2 - Rohu ( 2kg + i think. didnt weight but it was around that region)

3 - Mekong (roughly 30+kg was brought up by my friend using his special bait)

4 - siamese carp ( supposed to be 30+kg but the 1 i caught was only 6kg)

5 - normal keli ( weighing in smallest is 8kg and biggest caught was 20kg)

6 - alilgator gar ( someone caught it with a pencil lure and that monster weighs around 60+kg)

7 - terrapin ( yes these pests are back in from rawang. friend hooked up a 4kg terrapin)

8 - big lampang ( they grow up to 1/2kg)

supposed to have other species but havent up yet.

Enjoy your trip to behrang......its damn far but the place is super clean, the waters are good and the service is still top notch just like last time.
Wahh all monster fishes. Need to upgrade my gear accordingly before try there.

upcars
post Today, 09:03 AM

yea, but i highly recommend the following spec as minimum....

rod pe 2-4 (best is 3-6 or 4-5)
reel 5000 with 5.1:1 and above
braid/mono 60lbs and above
leader 80lbs (best is 120lbs due to sharp teeth fully grown)
hook size 22 need to debug. small hook hard to debug

those mostly bottom and mid water fish so lure can expect use crank or hook pencil. remove all treble and split ring single size 22 or something.
single hook only remember.

for softbait can go 4" shad or paddle tail with 1/4 oz jighead. color expect dark orange or maroon or darker colors.

anyway this spec for night fishing, daytime gear no diff execpt bait colors and size. sinking minnow no work. popper also no work. frog havent try but i hear they say got toman 10kg inside.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0640sec    4.11    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 02:05 PM