Health All About Air Purifier, Info, Reviews, Comments etc

views

NightFelix
post Nov 28 2015, 09:49 AM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Nov 28 2015, 06:05 AM)
Mind sharing where you buy and how much? Planning to buy also.

Where to get the filter replacement? Is there an English app to control the filter?
Garage sales have a lot people bring in and their price are very competitive as well... Try survey search and source for the cheapest and warranty claim..
Ramjade
post Nov 28 2015, 10:43 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Nov 28 2015, 09:49 AM)
Garage sales have a lot people bring in and their price are very competitive as well... Try survey search and source for the cheapest and warranty claim..
Any recommendations? Would like the one you recommend.
NightFelix
post Nov 28 2015, 10:57 AM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Nov 28 2015, 10:43 AM)
Any recommendations? Would like the one you recommend.
Try him.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f=11&t=3752605

He might not be the cheapest, but he offer delivery service for you (charges apply) within the products warranty period by sending back to China, compare to others 3months warranty that selling at less than RM700~650..
Ramjade
post Nov 28 2015, 11:17 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Nov 28 2015, 10:57 AM)
Try him.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f=11&t=3752605

He might not be the cheapest, but he offer delivery service for you (charges apply) within the products warranty period by sending back to China, compare to others 3months warranty that selling at less than RM700~650..
Rm799. Same price with lazada. You bought from him? What about replacement cartridge? I see that he doesn't sell the replacement cartridge
NightFelix
post Nov 28 2015, 11:23 AM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Nov 28 2015, 11:17 AM)
Rm799. Same price with lazada. You bought from him? What about replacement cartridge?  I see that he doesn't sell the replacement cartridge
Replacement filter got. I waiting he bring in gen 2.
Ramjade
post Nov 28 2015, 11:48 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Nov 28 2015, 11:23 AM)
Replacement filter got. I waiting he bring in gen 2.
Why gen2? From what I read, gen 1 is more powerful and cover wider area than gen 2. So why are you interested in gen 2 or am I missing something? hmm.gif
NightFelix
post Nov 28 2015, 08:42 PM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Nov 28 2015, 11:48 AM)
Why gen2? From what I read, gen 1 is more powerful and cover wider area than gen 2. So why are you interested in gen 2 or am I missing something? hmm.gif
Because smaller and cheaper to fit my small room. I already have a big air purifier from Amway for my living room...
lucklyghost
post Nov 29 2015, 02:04 AM

Casual
430 posts

Hi is negative and positive ions important thing considering when choose the air purifier ?
NightFelix
post Nov 29 2015, 03:36 PM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

QUOTE(lucklyghost @ Nov 29 2015, 02:04 AM)
Hi is  negative and positive ions important thing considering when choose the air purifier ?
If you are not allergic, then no need worry about... Ionizers is not a important feature that you should looks into. Choosing a good purifier, the first priority things is the CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) that capable to filter. And does the HEPA filter, is it able to filter PM2.5 (Particulate Matter).
lucklyghost
post Nov 29 2015, 05:07 PM

Casual
430 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Nov 29 2015, 03:36 PM)
If you are not allergic, then no need worry about... Ionizers is not a important feature that you should looks into. Choosing a good purifier, the first priority things is the CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) that capable to filter. And does the HEPA filter, is it able to filter PM2.5 (Particulate Matter).
if base on CADR , i did watch the comparison on Air Purified notice xiaomi ar purified have a good result and cheaper.

Sharp is just additional Ionizers technology , but not sure how good on the ionisers technology because i saw review is Ions usually in water fall or forest general a lot of Ions make you feel the fresh air and energy , i hope that Air Purified can have this feature also .......
NightFelix
post Nov 29 2015, 05:48 PM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

QUOTE(lucklyghost @ Nov 29 2015, 05:07 PM)
if base on CADR , i did watch the comparison on Air Purified notice xiaomi ar purified have a good result and cheaper.

Sharp is just additional Ionizers technology , but not sure how good on the ionisers technology because i saw review is Ions usually in water fall or forest general a lot of Ions make you feel the fresh air and energy , i hope that Air Purified can have this feature also .......
Because that is the basic standard of what an air purifier should be. Ionizer is extra feature.

Just like water purifier, it must able to remove all unwanted stuff from the water while retain what should have in the water. Hot and cold feature is additional/optional feature.

A air conditioning should able to produce cold air, ionizer also additional features.

Boiler should able to boil water, keep warm or able to make Coffee is additional features.

So, TLDR? Look for a air purifier with Hepa features that capable to filter PM2.5 and high CADR. Check the Hepa filter micron. If need to filter VOC stuff, you need a filter call carbon filter.
Ramjade
post Nov 29 2015, 08:24 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

Does xiaomi air purifier have an English app to control the device?
NightFelix
post Nov 29 2015, 10:45 PM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Nov 29 2015, 08:24 PM)
Does xiaomi air purifier have an English app to control the device?
Got.
lucklyghost
post Nov 30 2015, 12:49 AM

Casual
430 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Nov 29 2015, 05:48 PM)
Because that is the basic standard of what an air purifier should be. Ionizer is extra feature.

Just like water purifier, it must able to remove all unwanted stuff from the water while retain what should have in the water. Hot and cold feature is additional/optional feature.

A air conditioning should able to produce cold air, ionizer also additional features.

Boiler should able to boil water, keep warm or able to make Coffee is additional features.

So, TLDR? Look for a air purifier with Hepa features that capable to filter PM2.5 and high CADR. Check the Hepa filter micron. If need to filter VOC stuff, you need a filter call carbon filter.
Thanks Sir of your comments, sound like you are the expert ^^

but it is possible to advise me, will you recommend to choose Xiao Mi Air purifier ?

today i shopping i saw Sharp KC-D60E-W , damn expensive RM2.7K just to cover a Living Room only....but Sharp look like got a lot additional feature like +&- Ions and others.

Sharp also come out a model include the mosquito trap look interesting but only cover small room area RM 1.1K
Ramjade
post Nov 30 2015, 08:01 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(lucklyghost @ Nov 30 2015, 12:49 AM)

but it is possible to advise me, will you recommend to choose Xiao Mi Air purifier ?

today i shopping i saw Sharp KC-D60E-W , damn expensive RM2.7K just to cover a Living Room only....but Sharp look like got a lot additional feature like +&- Ions and others.

Sharp also come out a model include the mosquito trap look interesting but only cover small room area RM 1.1K
He already said Ioniser is additional features. The most important thing is it can filter, clean the air. Was considering sharp until I came across xiaomi air purifier. But was thinking how to ship to Malaysia. One just wants clean air. No need additional bells and whistle.

Same like an antivirus. One does not need it to be able to clean, backup, speedup computer. There are other stuff for that. By buying say Kaspersky Pure (all those additional stuff) one is definitely paying more compare to just Internet security.

This post has been edited by Ramjade: Nov 30 2015, 08:04 AM
NightFelix
post Nov 30 2015, 10:39 AM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

QUOTE(lucklyghost @ Nov 30 2015, 12:49 AM)

If you want to buy Air Purifier just to buy filter some those dusts, animals furs, flower pollen and haze (like PM2.5) etc.. Yes, the Xiaomi one will do what it you wanted to without breaking your bank.

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Nov 30 2015, 08:01 AM)
He already said Ioniser is additional features. The most important thing is it can filter, clean the air. Was considering sharp until I came across xiaomi air purifier. But was thinking how to ship to Malaysia. One just wants clean air. No need additional bells and whistle.

Same like an antivirus. One does not need it to be able to clean, backup, speedup computer. There are other stuff for that. By buying say Kaspersky Pure (all those additional stuff) one is definitely paying more compare to just Internet security.
Actually I think if anyone found people selling at RM799 or below are reasonable. Here is why:

1. Now exchange rate are between 0.68~0.72x, so the Xiaomi Air Purifier selling in China are 899RMB are almost RM611~647
2. That things weight total to 8KG, you do the calculation for shipping from China to Malaysia for just one items. It will costs around RM100~200 alone, otherwise you have to use agents to make it cheaper.
3. What about warranty? Think about it, if the seller offer 3months ~ 6months warranty ("IF" without additional shipping charge sending back to China), You do the calculation again.
4. Replacement filter are cheap which can be easily source from China/Xiaomi, only pay to one middle-man/forwarder. No multi-level middleman markup price, unless Xiaomi started plan to sell here.

So what I think is, the people who sell here are saving all the hassle you need to encounter.

One of my friends even told me about this, I ask him, how many you bought, he said 3 units (he is in Singapore, haze last time from Indonesia), then I said warranty how? he said no warranty. Then I ask why? he said, who the fark care about warranty, is so freaking cheap compare to those high-end Japan Brand Air Purifier and yet the Xiaomi Purifier is efficient and powerful. If breakdown can't fix, just throw away it, who gonna pay the 8KG weight shipping fees sending back to China, and then again sending back to here again? doh.gif
Ramjade
post Nov 30 2015, 11:20 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Nov 30 2015, 10:39 AM)
Actually I think if anyone found people selling at RM799 or below are reasonable. Here is why:

1. Now exchange rate are between 0.68~0.72x, so the Xiaomi Air Purifier selling in China are 899RMB are almost RM611~647
2. That things weight total to 8KG, you do the calculation for shipping from China to Malaysia for just one items. It will costs around RM100~200 alone, otherwise you have to use agents to make it cheaper.
3. What about warranty? Think about it, if the seller offer 3months ~ 6months warranty ("IF" without additional shipping charge sending back to China), You do the calculation again.
4. Replacement filter are cheap which can be easily source from China/Xiaomi, only pay to one middle-man/forwarder. No multi-level middleman markup price, unless Xiaomi started plan to sell here.

So what I think is, the people who sell here are saving all the hassle you need to encounter.

One of my friends even told me about this, I ask him, how many you bought, he said 3 units (he is in Singapore, haze last time from Indonesia), then I said warranty how? he said no warranty. Then I ask why? he said, who the fark care about warranty, is so freaking cheap compare to those high-end Japan Brand Air Purifier and yet the Xiaomi Purifier is efficient and powerful. If breakdown can't fix, just throw away it, who gonna pay the 8KG weight shipping fees sending back to China, and then again sending back to here again? doh.gif
Agreed. Actually I also find it damn cheap. Was thinking how to buy. Why I said cheap?
Take Sharp for example. To filter the same area, price is about Rm2k+. This only RM800. Also, you won't be using it every day. Just when got haze only. Hence the filter should be able to last a year. So we do not need to change it every 6 months like what xiaomi recommends. Once a year should be OK.

Even though sharp filter needs changing every 3-5 years, this is still cheaper.

This post has been edited by Ramjade: Nov 30 2015, 11:25 AM
lucklyghost
post Dec 1 2015, 01:10 AM

Casual
430 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Nov 30 2015, 11:20 AM)
Agreed. Actually I also find it damn cheap. Was thinking how to buy. Why I said cheap?
Take Sharp for example. To filter the same area, price is about Rm2k+. This only RM800. Also, you won't be using it every day. Just when got haze only. Hence the filter should be able to last a year. So we do not need to change it every 6 months like what xiaomi recommends. Once a year should be OK.

Even though sharp filter needs changing every 3-5 years, this is still cheaper.
is the normal practice just switch on when having Haze? i though in our normal condition it also got virus fly around, it should be open everyday? 1 day switch on few hours?

btw i heard some ppl say after using Air Purifier it should have feeling like water fall or in jungle produce a lot ions with refresh air , not sure true or not
Ramjade
post Dec 1 2015, 02:26 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(lucklyghost @ Dec 1 2015, 01:10 AM)
is the normal practice just switch on when having Haze? i though in our normal condition it also got virus fly around, it should be open everyday? 1 day switch on few hours?

btw i heard some ppl say after using Air Purifier it should have feeling like water fall or in jungle produce a lot ions with refresh air , not sure true or not
Your body have it's own defense system which is pretty effective against most common germs. There are ways to increase it naturally so that one does not get sick easily. However if you have HIV, then is different where your immune system is totally not functioning.

Your immune system can get rid of virus on its own but not haze particles. So one should give the immune system a boost for haze. The rest let it take care of itself.
lucklyghost
post Dec 1 2015, 02:51 AM

Casual
430 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Dec 1 2015, 02:26 AM)
Your body have it's own defense system which is pretty effective against most common germs. There are ways to increase it naturally so that one does not get sick easily. However if you have HIV, then is different where your immune system is totally not functioning.

Your immune system can get rid of virus on its own but not haze particles. So one should give the immune system a boost for haze. The rest let it take care of itself.
sound like if no haze basically Air purified is slightly useless? how about do you think after using Air Purified can reduce the dust?

27 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0309sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:40 PM