post Dec 2 2013, 06:19 PM

Regular
1,631 posts

Learning...newbie
g88
post Dec 2 2013, 06:47 PM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Dec 2 2013, 06:22 PM)
Sweet.

Anyone knows where can get turtle wax headlamp restorer? The one that come with sandpad and stuff?
And anyone knows how to remove irritating water stains on windscreen? Must use sandpaper as well?
easily can be find in Aeon Big.
g88
post Dec 3 2013, 05:49 PM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(xffght5829 @ Dec 3 2013, 05:43 PM)
Better to polish by hand or machine?

>>> If swirl marks appear after polishing, how to remove?
>>> Anyway to polish a car and leaving a smooth clear surface? no marks at all, just some tips on how to please  smile.gif
>>> Continue to polish until the swirl gone.
>>> Depend what product and what tool (ROB,DA,RB, Pad) you used. Different product will have different technique to breakdown the product.

REMEMBER, always start will mildest product upon surface preparation (tar removal, clayed)
g88
post Dec 3 2013, 10:33 PM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(kww @ Dec 3 2013, 10:12 PM)
Do let us know the result, I'm considering this or ONR. ONR in gallon packing is much cheaper compare to 32oz packing.
where to buy a gallon of ONR ?
g88
post Dec 4 2013, 11:51 AM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(xffght5829 @ Dec 4 2013, 09:50 AM)
I apply with pad and remove w/ microfibre cloth but the swirl marks follows on how I remove the polish, if i do circular motion then swirld marks, if i do up down then up down scratches appear :/ I tried many different techniques but somehow still the same is it the polish? FYI i used turtle wax polishing compound, clayed and washed before polish too, just very puzzled here
Possible the product that i highlighted might have worsen the surface since 'compound' is very abrasive product. As for your swirl might, could be due to product is not fully breakdown and you buff off thats why the swirl 'follow' your movement....
g88
post Dec 4 2013, 12:00 PM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(xffght5829 @ Dec 4 2013, 11:57 AM)
cry.gif  cry.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif thanks for info smile.gif mind recommending me any reasonably priced polish brand and where i can get it doh.gif
Dun give up and upsad give. I would suggest you let sifu have a look and they should able to remove it with few drop from there product (dun buy keep product)...

Awaiting KrisMas sifu organise TT.
g88
post Dec 4 2013, 03:06 PM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(haushinka @ Dec 4 2013, 02:16 PM)
How can we know whether our paint is hard or soft type?
based on my experience. Soft CC should easy to do correction vs Hard CC. Majority of modern car is on soft/thin clear coat.

Again it also depend what sort of defect + product abrasiveness
g88
post Dec 4 2013, 03:24 PM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(Brijesh @ Dec 4 2013, 03:20 PM)
Hi guys.

Good day to all of you. I just purchased :
Turtle Wax Zip Wash T75
Turtle Wax Polish compound T241A
Turtle Wax Paste Wax T223

My car is a 6 years old Silver Hyundai Getz. i have sponge, cloth, 2 micro fibre towels.

Do you guys mind to teach me step by step and what prduct and material to use at what stage..Means wax first or polish, how hard to polish or just wipe off. This is my first time.

Thank you in advance ya. =]
what's your paintwork condition ? any image + close up image to share ?
g88
post Dec 4 2013, 05:53 PM

Regular
1,631 posts

compounding, sanding (wet or dry) to remove orange peel or achieve mirror finishing is DEFINITELY not for noobie as it required understanding of product abrasiveness, use of pad and machine (combo), paintwork and clear coat behaviour and its need MANY MANY practice
g88
post Dec 4 2013, 05:58 PM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(haushinka @ Dec 4 2013, 05:29 PM)
Imo...minimum u have to use 3 mf cloth, 1 sponge, and 2 applicator pad...if u can use more clean mf is better smile.gif..maybe other pros here can correct me if the suggestion is wrong smile.gif
For an enthusiast, they will use washmitt (very particular) in washing instead using SPONGE as 99% of the swirl or scrat come from washing/drying (not to mention washing/drying technique)

g88
post Dec 5 2013, 08:33 AM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Dec 5 2013, 01:10 AM)
Lights finally done. Ample of shine even during night time detailing sessions biggrin.gif http://twitpic.com/dnkk31
Look 'shining' for the reflection but is it swirl free (try park your car under street (yellow) light) and check it out.

Detailing is not only talking about how 'shining' - layman term...we will talked about how GLOSSY, WET Gloss is it tongue.gif + how good is the water beading/sheeting the surface and how long the protection can last. icon_rolleyes.gif
g88
post Dec 5 2013, 08:41 AM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(Brijesh @ Dec 5 2013, 02:08 AM)
hey guys. I just finished washing my car 1 hour ago.

I bought the liquid clay by TW. not sure if i am using it right. i put on the sponge and scrub the car, but still can feel some bits on the body (not smooth).

Then i washed the car with detergent and then dry off and prepare for polish compound. Applying the compound with damp cotton cloth was not a problem, only wiping it off almost broke my hand. hahaha....I literally had to use pressure and 3 strokes to get the marks off. Does this means i am using too much compound ?

I then waxed the entire body panel. So waxing have to leave it for 30min then wipe off right ?

Some how have the feeling i am not doing something right as during polish i feel its very dry and hard. Only during waxing i felt it shined more. I fear i might have screwed up the polishing part and end up making more scratches.
1. Before/After Clay...wrap your hand with a clean plastic bag or finger into a cigarette pack wrap (if you are a smoker biggrin.gif), glide against the surface and feel the smoothness of the surface.....our hand is too 'rough' to determine the smoothness of the surface

2. What kinda of 'compound' are you referring to ? Is this product workable with hand or only machine ? I am suspecting you either put too much or too little product where it didn't really breakdown or dried up....thats why you have a hard time buff off.

3. Generally the misconception is apply as much (thicker layer) of wax as you can - the fact you dun need ANY pressure at all, and apply as thin layer as possible. If you can apply until no buffing require (got to feel with your hand/pad)...you are thumbup.gif

4. Starting detailing sometime is trial and error brows.gif
g88
post Dec 5 2013, 08:42 AM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(colinwong89 @ Dec 5 2013, 04:21 AM)
Guys, any reviews of the foam gun sold at Duragloss' website? This one operates with your hose pressure and not with a PW but will it create thick nice suds? Looking to expand the arsenal a bit... tongue.gif

http://estore.duragloss.com.my/webapp/wcs/...isplayErrorView
Yes if you do the job , partially depend also on the type of shampoo + dilution ratio you use...check out google, tonnes of foam gun video - you might wanna check out what is 'foam lance " laugh.gif
g88
post Dec 5 2013, 09:24 AM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(Brijesh @ Dec 5 2013, 09:18 AM)
Thank you for your advise. the compound i am using is the Polishing compound by Turtle wax. How you suggest i use the compound ?

I am really not sure how to handle the liquid clay bar. Do you know where i can buy a normal clay bar ?
I believe you are using this. If i were you i will stop using this since i have experience long ago with my previous car with this product (that time zero knowledge of detailing) somehow its left the paintwork a severe damage. I was using it with hand.

For clay, you can get it easily from Aeon or Aeon Big at normal price Rm29.90, sales time usually around Rm26.90

user posted image

* There is Clay No.1 , 2, and 3 according to paintwork condition and colour.

Hope this help
g88
post Dec 5 2013, 09:58 AM

Regular
1,631 posts

Talk about product aggressiveness/abrasiveness, there are account alot of comparison charge available on the next - which majority compare about all the branded professional series product.

Here is one of the example (view in full screen)

user posted image

Not only product have aggressiveness/abrasiveness rating (the more abrasive = the more cutting power but hardly can leave perfect (no swirl finishing) even PAD also have aggressiveness/abrasiveness level.

Are you all getting more existing ? laugh.gif

Check out here
http://www.autogeekonline.net/index.php?pageid=Charts

g88
post Dec 5 2013, 10:00 AM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(KrisMas @ Dec 5 2013, 09:58 AM)
Black car....hehehe....are those LEDs or normal ones? SO BRIGHT!!!

Anyway, a couple of suggestions.

1. Looks like the lighting is just at one side. You might want to consider setting one up on a tripod/stand for mobility sake so that you can carry it around the car. Also for working at the lower panels. Also good to have one for outdoor activities like barbeques, etc.... tongue.gif

2. I think it's time to get yourself a decent torch light for inspections. They're good for emergency situations too, like during black-outs, night time travels, temporary blinding 'unwanted' visitors, etc. Or maybe even a headlamp.
are you guiding them to become hardcore detailer like you sifu ? brows.gif
g88
post Dec 5 2013, 05:10 PM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(Krytone @ Dec 5 2013, 04:44 PM)
is there anywhere in KL to buy ONR and OCWax in gallons?

Also can the Scratch X 2.0 by meguiars be a polish replacement?

I am currenly living in a condo and can only do correction by hand so trying to find a good polish that is forgiving to CC if applied by hand.

Thanks!

Look for Meguiars Colour X. A very good AIO product
g88
post Dec 5 2013, 05:40 PM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(Krytone @ Dec 5 2013, 05:19 PM)
Also, a question to everyone... Do you wash your cars everytime you drive through rain?

Im kind of OCD regarding my car and been doing that. Dont know if there is an alternative ways of drying the car after driving in the rain.

Thanks!
with a good protection, average about 40km/h will blow off all the water.....

alternatively, dun drive keep the car at home laugh.gif
g88
post Dec 5 2013, 05:49 PM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(xffght5829 @ Dec 5 2013, 05:41 PM)
I'm using the 2nd polish, only 1 I see on the shelf at Ace hardware and Aeon Big. I usually let it dry and a white haze appears on it before i remove doh.gif maybe thats the problem, I'll try removing it straight away the next time i do, should be next year though, wont want to over-polish my paint biggrin.gif noted and thanks for advice smile.gif greatly appreciated
Look like you use too much of product until it 'cake up' and dried - harden. If too much of product apply, you would remove it while its still wet or use a damp cloth to move it - least pressure the better
g88
post Dec 9 2013, 11:50 AM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(MyWifeCar @ Dec 7 2013, 11:16 PM)
Carpro's product you can never buy off the shelf or internet in Msia.

Quaza got his from Singapore.

If you want, I still have a brand new bottle of 500ml.
wat other stuffs u wanna share or let go smile.gif

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0465sec    0.21    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:18 AM