Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Web Design / Development Industry, Filling up the black hole

views

bastacasta P
post Jul 11 2020, 01:30 AM

Probation
4 posts

QUOTE(mowlous @ Feb 4 2020, 05:15 PM)
I'm not sure if anyone facing the same situation as mine, but I find that this days I got more customer asking for photoshop skills for their business to look pretty then actually making website for their business.
I also think that Photoshop is the most responsive software for web design. Many years use it and always satisfied with it. Photoshop is old but current updatings are new. For example, it's easy yo make branding design with new mockups like here https://mockupfree.co/allmockups which are even free. It's qualitative, unique and helps to make the design very fastly
ladycooper
post Jul 12 2020, 10:51 AM

Enthusiast
848 posts

WebFest 2020

An effective platform for everyone to learn how to DIY a website and turn amazing ideas online.

Several experts will dish out important advice on the entire process of website creation to ensure you have your own website done. Thus, if you have a hobby, an idea or a dream, turn it into a website and share with the world!

This event was on May 2020
But all the recorded video and slide from speakers is available in the website below
You can spend your free time learning from the expert now

https://www.webfest.asia/
zedpr0 P
post Aug 10 2020, 10:21 AM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(mowlous @ Feb 4 2020, 05:15 PM)
I'm not sure if anyone facing the same situation as mine, but I find that this days I got more customer asking for photoshop skills for their business to look pretty then actually making website for their business.
Yeah, my clients are also the same, not only photoshop, but also illustrator, and ask me to handle the creation of social media posts as well. These days if you are in the web design and development field, you are expected to do everything. Logos, posters, banners, even content creation.
retail12
post Oct 8 2020, 11:15 AM

15 posts

I have been freelancing more than 5yrs. All overseas clients in europe, uk, usa.
I manage their paid marketing budget, seo n websites. All run on AWS bc the rest can destroy your reputation wink.gif
Monthly can make 10k stable. In good times up to 20k. But I'm not aggressive for new deals. Now oso can travel overseas n see places no need to stress with office life.
To survive you need good English, to pitch n convince clients, and updated skills. But I'm not google certified.. not entirely necessary.
siew14
post Oct 8 2020, 12:53 PM

Enthusiast
742 posts

Hi guys,

just want to ask, for a proper professional web design for mnc, how much does it costs?

the reason i m asking because i dunno whether i m paying peanuts to get cheap/unprofessional service or i paid the average market price but the web designer just suck/noob/unprofessional..

TSetsuko
post Oct 13 2020, 07:17 PM

Spaced out person
Group Icon
Elite
4,208 posts

QUOTE(siew14 @ Oct 8 2020, 12:53 PM)
Hi guys,

just want to ask, for a proper professional web design for mnc, how much does it costs?

the reason i m asking because i dunno whether i m paying peanuts to get cheap/unprofessional service or i paid the average market price but the web designer just suck/noob/unprofessional..
I would say it's based on:

1. Scope of work (Do you have a brief ?)

2. Expectations (Do you need the PIC on-demand even after office hours? Weekends? Revisions?)

3. Experience (I hear Senior Developers can demand from RM10k per month salary.. so, if a quotation is rather low to you, then you'd want to ask more questions - why are you charging me this price instead of something higher which I received)

As a prospect, you can always ask questions - it's neither dumb or noob.

Our task as web designers / developers is to answer your uncertainties and provide you valid advice.

So.. it's tough to answer whether you are really paying peanuts, or you may have just found someone who charges a little lower than what you'd have expected. smile.gif

Makes sense?
retail12
post Oct 14 2020, 10:59 PM

15 posts

Price starts at 100k for the simplest project that even a good one-person freelancer can do.

Anything more complex will easily go up in 100k increments.

QUOTE(siew14 @ Oct 8 2020, 12:53 PM)
Hi guys,

taurean
post Nov 17 2020, 02:11 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

It seems web design industry is booming during this pandemic. How are you guys doing?
TSetsuko
post Nov 18 2020, 07:30 PM

Spaced out person
Group Icon
Elite
4,208 posts

QUOTE(taurean @ Nov 17 2020, 02:11 PM)
It seems web design industry is booming during this pandemic. How are you guys doing?
Though prospects want to get online, everyone is still looking for the cheapest available option.

So unless you want to go into that price war, better prepare yourself to accept what they're asking for. flex.gif
darthbii
post Nov 24 2020, 09:36 PM

:C // C: // ;( // (;
775 posts

With all the no-code/low-code platforms (Divi, Elementor, Webflow), is it even worth coding stuff from scratch these days? Or is it better to just focus on UI/UX principles rather than web development frameworks?

Is it possible to have a clientele which you only use these low-code frameworks instead and charge like the 4 digits for the work?
TSetsuko
post Dec 1 2020, 03:51 PM

Spaced out person
Group Icon
Elite
4,208 posts

QUOTE(darthbii @ Nov 24 2020, 09:36 PM)
With all the no-code/low-code platforms (Divi, Elementor, Webflow), is it even worth coding stuff from scratch these days? Or is it better to just focus on UI/UX principles rather than web development frameworks?

Is it possible to have a clientele which you only use these low-code frameworks instead and charge like the 4 digits for the work?
Okay. So there are 3 questions here..

1. Is it even worth coding stuff from scratch these days
To me, no. And, it depends on the project requirement.

In some cases, coding from scratch is still unavoidable and required.

2. Is it better to just focus on UI/UX principles rather than web development frameworks? And charge like the 4 digits for the work?
UI/UX should be practiced in all projects - unless the client doesn't care for it.

3. Is it possible to have a clientele which you only use these low-code frameworks instead and charge like the 4 digits for the work?
Most definitely. It all depends on what the client is asking and perceived value.

53 Pages « < 51 52 53Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0322sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 6th March 2021 - 03:20 AM