Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN DashCam Discussion V1 | DashCam Talk Malaysia, Ask/discuss anything related to dashcam!

views

TSwinkiedilwy
post Dec 21 2013, 06:59 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

QUOTE(amad108 @ Dec 20 2013, 06:41 PM)
Try Garmin GDR35, its support FullHD and cost around rm290, it even have option for additional rear camera.. I already use it for work purpose, its quite good n all ur video can be watch with Garmin PC Tools software at computer..

It can even detect sudden impact where u can setting its sensitivity.. The video support is VGA, 720p n 1080p.
hmm... where you bought? from what I saw, i think it costs more than that. video looks superb tho. got GPS too?

EDIT: Checked mudah.my. Even GDR30 already RM500. GDR35 is RM700++.

This post has been edited by winkiedilwy: Dec 21 2013, 07:01 PM
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 01:26 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

Okay, a week or two ago at a shop in Akihabara, Tokyo, my parents saw this and insisted on getting one.

user posted image

It's around RM180, which is RM40 more expensive if bought here (saw one LYN member selling). Oh well.

SAMPLE VIDEO:

Full unboxing video (and probably review) coming after this.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 01:59 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 01:32 PM)
http://www.foxoffer.com/shadow-gt680w-full...ml#.Uso_0fQW18E

Currently the most bang for buck camera so far.

Just ordered one, waiting for arrival. Hehe.
Okay then. Don't forget to post reviews ya... icon_idea.gif
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 02:21 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 02:15 PM)
The GT680w should have PLENTY of reviews in the net. Here's one from a reputable forumer

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/compl...c-seezeus.3291/

I personally owning the GS9000 dashcam. Too bad I bought it before the floods of Novatek NTK96650 came about.
I was thinking of getting the G1W but haven't saw any shops selling it yet.

Mine has a crappy microphone. So I need to test another one.

This post has been edited by winkiedilwy: Jan 6 2014, 02:23 PM
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 02:51 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 02:45 PM)
Just get it online. All you can get locally here are cheapass dashcams. Actually I'm thinking of bringing in some good quality dashcams to be sold here seeing that all dashcams over here are all crap quality. Only thing worried is whether will people buy these dashcams considering the cheaper ones are priced around RM100-150 sweat.gif

My GS9000 have very, very good audio quality, not too sure about the GT680 or G1WH though but I read the Novatek's have a tendency to produce a constant frequency hiss but they say it's not really a deal-breaker, just a minor annoyance during video playback
Well, if you've seen the G1W sample videos, the G1WH just adds wider angle and slightly better video quality.

I remember my item from DX took 2 weeks to arrive from Singapore. We'll see how long the GT680 i ordered from Foxoffer will take to arrive.
G1W will be the best value for money dashcam. I saw someone selling G1W on ebay for just RM124. You can say it's "award-winning" laugh.gif

If you dare to take the risk, bring in stuff like Blackvue, MINI DVR 0801, Vico WF-1, etc.

This post has been edited by winkiedilwy: Jan 6 2014, 02:54 PM
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 03:30 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

Quick review of my dashcam:

Already destroyed 1 microSD card when using the built-in format function. Just now went out for lunch, it kept saying Memory error and I had to remove the SD card and plug it into my PC to make sure it's okay. It turns out to be almost full and I had to manually format it.

So Nightstalker1993, might be considering your G1WH. Anyway G1W is already a fake copycat of LS300W.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 03:48 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 03:42 PM)
Well, alot of these company share the same body, they just change the internals and sell it as a new product under a new product name.

I might get one G1WH for my rear though. Will definitely beat any dual channel DVR's in terms of price and quality laugh.gif
LEL.
Not really.
ls300w is by DOD. G1W is by some small chinese companies that does most cheap car DVRs.

LS300W is completely different from G1W.

Anyway problem fixed. Had to manually format the memory card. A 16GB memory card can hold only 2 hours of 1080p videos! WTF.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 05:01 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 03:58 PM)
Chances are they came out from the same factory. I'm pretty confident that those unbranded dashcams are released by the OEM for companies like DOD.

Here's a DOD LS300W

http://www.foxoffer.com/dod-ls300w-super-h...ml#.UsphT_QW18E

Here's an unbranded GT300w

http://www.foxoffer.com/gt300w-full-hd-108...ml#.UsphRPQW18E

See any difference other than the price? Both the specs and casings are exactly the same. And DOD cameras are all from Taiwan/China.
Oh well, maybe you're right. Maybe not.

Compare a real iPhone 5S and copycat iPhone 5S from China. They claimed the specs are the same. Some even claimed they have better specs than iPhone 5S. Lies, lies everywhere.

TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 22 2014, 11:25 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

Finally got the time to make a sample video.

This is my Tourmate G100 (someone selling in LYN GS). You can see the video quality is not good, sound quality even worse.

Well, at least it was able to record what's happening, except when it overheats and hangs after long usage. One of the air vents have to be pointed at this unit to prevent it from overheating and hang and all the videos that were recorded halfway are not viewable.

I randomly checked what's in this card and was very disappointed. Most of the clip can't be played and some of the clips went crazy. Formatted the card and it worked fine today (i'm using 16GB Class 10, only 2 hours of recording). Plus, i can't format memory cards with this unit as it'll just destroy it completely and it'll cause computers to freeze when trying to read/format them (2 memory cards were destroyed. RIP)

But was impressed with the gapless recording and very clear date & time stamp. That's it.

P/S: The month of the date will always stuck on October. No idea why.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 23 2014, 06:09 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 23 2014, 12:03 AM)
I'd recommend getting one from more reputable places like FoxOffer. They ship from Singapore
Lolz that model DVR very common and its a generic DVR. Usually these lower quality DVR will perform very poorly in terms of reliability and many of them have their videos corrupted which is why if you're searching for a DVR, better get one which is already tested and well known for reliability. My GS9000 hanged before once, read online that formatting the card may solve it due to corrupted files being in the card. One of the files got corrupted as I removed the memory card from the device while it was still recording halfway. After I formatted the card, it did not hang anymore.
QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 23 2014, 12:55 AM)
yup...the quality is horrible even when set to 1080p... i could barely read the number plate of the golf and the nissan u were trailing on federal highway...

on the other hand... this video is a good example for spacelion to see why good quality is needed... coz without quality u can barely read the number plate.
QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 23 2014, 02:03 AM)
The Tourmate one is definitely not 1080p. Looks more like 720p or 480p upscale rclxub.gif doh.gif

Your G1WH video you compare the Youtube uploaded version and the RAW files from the camera, are there much difference? Maybe posting a screenshot from the raw image would be better at judging the image quality like I had done with mine..

GS9000 sample

http://i.imgur.com/JewWDCL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nr4JtLE.jpg
It's 720p upscale. That's why there's no difference between the two. It's the same. 480p is the worst.

I'm looking for another car camera and last time I mentioned G1W, but since mADmAN mentioned G1WH, and from the following video, it's not bad, I think, so where can I buy these locally? I saw someone selling the LS330W and LS430W on Garage Sales for RM500+ and RM600+. Just wondering where can I get G1WH locally. I don't mind paying a little extra as long as I can test it out before getting. Any shops in Lowyat/Digital Mall/anywhere else sells these?

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 23 2014, 06:23 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

QUOTE(thinkthink @ Jan 23 2014, 06:14 PM)
Hi..sorry to interupt, but i do have one carcamcorder to let go..its a HP full HD f200 model..do let me know if u r interested..use not even for a month..im willing to negotiate the price:)
hmm... I'll see first. Thanks for the offer anyway.

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 23 2014, 06:16 PM)
dont think u can get the G1W or G1WH locally actually...

the nearest u can get is probably the foxoffer offices in Singapore...and since free shipping, might as well just buy straight.

im quite happy i took the plunge... pretty satisfied with it so far... hopefully will be recording more videos on the 30th biggrin.gif
any links? I was told that the G1W does not take class 10 microSDs.

what about shops that sell other dvrs? i know some shopping malls got but they're selling expensive stuff. Harvey Norman is selling those very cheap cameras at a very high price.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 23 2014, 06:36 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 23 2014, 06:33 PM)
eerr...no idea... forgot to check about warranty hahahahahha
the one I bought at Japan... warranty only covers in japan only.

my parents la...
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 24 2014, 06:28 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

Most of you guys have watched those Russian car crash compilation videos, and one of the most "Famous" scenario is where the tyre of some trucks exploded and the car that's recording the scene was/wasn't able to avoid crashing into the truck. Well, it happened to me just now, a tyre of a truck just exploded, lots of dusts and stones hit my car (a newly painted car!!!) but I was able to avoid it. What really makes me mad was after that I found out that my car DVR hang, again, as usual. Now I wasn't able to find that scene, but this is what I was able to show you:

Just to prove that you can't simply take a 150hp Camry to chase a 280hp Golf R. LOL.

YES I'M GETTING ANOTHER CAR DVR.

THINGS TO AVOID
1) A Camry with 2.0 engine and 4 speed auto
2) This car DVR brand
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 24 2014, 10:35 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 24 2014, 07:02 PM)
G1WH!!!! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
cannot promise bro... next week going digital mall/lowyat to source for it and see.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 25 2014, 11:41 AM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 25 2014, 05:01 AM)
Honestly I'd rather buy one from FoxOffer as there's just so much DVRs out there you won't know which is good and which is not. There's even fakes of certain DVR. Example, my GS9000 which at the time was considered superb image quality, exists a fake version which looks exactly the same but utter horrible image quality. I'd suggest you just get from FoxOffer.
GPS Module! Don't forget the GPS module! tongue.gif laugh.gif

Oh, and by the way, my friend whom I've bought the DVR for, had uploaded a sample daytime video. The raw video looks much better though eventhough you view on youtube at 1080p rclxub.gif

Is the vibration... because of the bass? Not bad, 165km/h on KESAS.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 26 2014, 11:50 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

QUOTE(davidlow7 @ Jan 26 2014, 11:38 PM)
Sorry to hear about that mate but glad you were safe

As seen the video, yes the DVR failed miserably...

You should get a new one mate
thanks mate. i was thinking about that too. in fact, this is 720p:

that's it.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 27 2014, 11:26 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

So, there's not much difference between 720p and 1080p. In fact, you'll only get extra 10 minutes of clip. Others, is just the same.

Here's a screenshot that I took comparing RAW, after editing with Magix Movie Edit Pro, and uploaded and downloaded from youtube:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Here's the clip by the way:

TSwinkiedilwy
post Feb 14 2014, 11:17 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

QUOTE(xiphone4 @ Feb 14 2014, 10:53 PM)
I intended to buy papago P1 pro. so far how is the review? reason I choose this brand is the warranty given by local agent.
Just too scared to purchase products without local warranty.
I saw harvey norman got sell 2 papago models... 1 is 649 and the other one is 999 if i'm not mistaken.

looks awesome at night tho

TSwinkiedilwy
post Feb 19 2014, 10:36 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

QUOTE(cannavaro @ Feb 19 2014, 09:29 PM)
1.11GB for 1080p@30fps
user posted image
QUOTE(mADmAN @ Feb 19 2014, 09:40 PM)
wah...bigger than my G1WH... but not by much la... mine around 971mb hahahaha

but i guess ur quality should be better
b**** please. mine with a 16GB class 10 can only take up 1 hour 57 minutes @ 720p. 10 minutes difference if recorded @ 1080P.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Feb 19 2014, 10:38 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

QUOTE(dadurtyz @ Feb 19 2014, 10:23 PM)
yes, but maybe your right different function and needs for both, but i rather get GoPro with that price since i can go stick and do my tongue session
then go for it. it'll be a waste if it's been only used as a car DVR.

but different story if you mount on the hood or exterior of the car, and you have to be prepared to jump on people who're trying to steal the camera.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1107sec    0.60    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:37 PM