Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

A Letter to Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, Plagued by noise pollution

views

TShafizulshahril
post Sep 17 2013, 07:02 AM, updated 10y ago

29 posts

Do you know that yarl restaurant's workers do not care about hygiene? Please click http://zorro2013questforjustice.blogspot.c...o-not-care.html to read more.

Dear Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak,
I don't know how to get this letter to you. After considering for a long time, I finally decided to post this letter online and make a link in your website and facebook so that you can get to read it. Guess this is the best way. If you care for your fellow Malaysians, you will take the trouble to read this.

Why am I so desperate to write to you? This morning (17 September 2013), as usual, I had to jump out of bed at 6.20 a.m. after working late last night when the restaurant turned on its kitchen hood. The noise is deafening and I can't sleep even though I am very sleepy and tired now. Will have to sleep on the sofa in the living room again today. I am just an ordinary citizen who yearns for 8 hours sleep each day but even this basic right is denied to me. After being plagued by noise from Yarl Restaurant for nine months to the extent that I can't take it anymore because my health and the well-being of my children are being seriously affected by this deafening noise from Yarl Restaurant, I am left without a choice but to write this letter to you in the hope that the appropriate action will be taken to bring back peace once more to the flat dwellers of Tong Fatt Building, Jalan Sultan Abdul Samad, Brickfields.

Datuk Seri, I don't need your BR1M and my children don't need your book vouchers. You can keep the money for nation building. I only want to have 8 hours sleep everyday so that I can do my work properly and my children only want to study peacefully in their rooms. But sad to say, even this most basic right is denied to us. With the restaurant emanating loud and continuous noise all the time I can't even sleep properly and have to go to work sleepy and tired everyday. Whenever my wife puts out the clothes to dry, the clothes are soaked in curry because the air is contaminated with curry. Our rooms are also filled with curry smell. What is even worse is my children cannot study properly. My son is sitting for PMR this year whilst my eldest daughter is sitting for her SPM this year. They have to stay in the living room to do revision whilst their maternal grandmother is watching TV and their neighbours are listening to songs. How can we build a strong 1 Malaysia nation if our children can't even have a proper place to study? What is even sadder is my children now prefer to stay away from home as much as possible because of the noise. They cannot go into their rooms in the daytime to do school work or even to read a book. In the past, they used to read in the balcony but can't do so now or they will end up deaf because the noise from the restaurant is really deafening. They have stopped doing the nilam program and have even resorted to copying the book summaries from their friends. Whenever they are in their room, they have to turn on some music to cover the noise from the kitchen hood. Recently, my son gave excuses that he wanted to study in his friend's house because of the noise from the kitchen hood and he ended up at Mid-Valley!

What will our children become if they don't even have a proper place to study and can't even stay at home? I fear that they will be influenced by their peers and get involve with a life of crime. If the Malaysian government is looking for ways to battle crime, this is the first thing that they have to look into. What would our children do if they can't stay in their own home to study? We are not rich and can't afford to buy another house. I hope that appropriate action will be taken for the future of our Malaysian children. By the way, the restaurant that is causing noise pollution is yarl restaurant. Below you can see the photo of the kitchen hood at the back of this restaurant. If the restaurant owner wants to do business, he can do so without disturbing others. I have started a Facebook on this yarl restaurant noise pollution program. The name of the Facebook is Pencemaran Bunyi di Brickfields. I have written another article on this issue entitled "Serious Noise Pollution in Brickfields" last Sunday (8 September 2013). You can find it at this link http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2951694 I have also written a letter to DBKL and this letter can be found at https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2975198
Thanks for taking the trouble to read this letter.

Yours Sincerely,
Hafizul

This post has been edited by hafizulshahril: Jun 29 2014, 03:02 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
H3lpM3
post Sep 17 2013, 09:07 AM

Getting Started
254 posts

Najib says ; tldr, lol

Anyway you can use an ear plug, buy those good ones

This post has been edited by H3lpM3: Sep 17 2013, 09:13 AM
dkk
post Sep 17 2013, 09:10 AM

10k Club
Group Icon
Elite
11,400 posts

I grew up in a door right next to the railway tracks. As I lay down to sleep, the train pass just 10m from my head. All day and night, trains pass by, making a racket. I sleep just fine.

Today, I sleep very well, regardless of any noise around me. When I was studying, I can focus regardless of what goes on around me. It has continued into my work life. I'd just learned to tuned out the distractions around me.

Just pointing out the silver lining in the cloud. smile.gif

You probably don't want to hear this though.
SUSmeistsh_musical
post Sep 17 2013, 09:16 AM

Ahbeng
1,111 posts

small case
our PM not really care about it
SUSmarumaru
post Sep 17 2013, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
189 posts

you have a choice to wear an ear plug or moved to a quieter area

no one is forcing u at gun point to live there
TShafizulshahril
post Sep 17 2013, 09:54 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(marumaru @ Sep 17 2013, 09:47 AM)
you have a choice to wear an ear plug or moved to a quieter area

no one is forcing u at gun point to live there
If I could afford it, I certainly wouldn't live in this earthly hell! Ear plugs can cause ear infections. Why become deaf for the sake of yarl restaurant's selfish business?

This post has been edited by hafizulshahril: Sep 18 2013, 08:44 AM
SUSmarumaru
post Sep 17 2013, 10:06 AM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(hafizulshahril @ Sep 17 2013, 09:54 AM)
If I could afford it, I certainly wouldn't live in this earthly hell!
then just get an earplug, u get better chance reporting to tv3 anyway than to pm
shinkawa
post Sep 17 2013, 11:13 AM

parttime otaku
855 posts

move out to other place.

your nearby area doesnt seem like a quite place too.
robertngo
post Sep 17 2013, 12:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,027 posts

why would PM deal with this problem, not sent to city hall?
placenta
post Sep 17 2013, 12:55 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

you should complain to that restaurant or majlis pembandaran, not the PM.
abcde90
post Sep 17 2013, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

u shud raise to ur Rep n pbt la.

GetMePhones
post Sep 17 2013, 01:58 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

I'd recommend noise isolation headphones but then again...you could try dealing this with the City Hall
acexii
post Sep 17 2013, 02:44 PM

On my way
572 posts

you need to go viral, online & offline. Report to town council, report to health department, report to consumer tribunal, medias fb, tweeter, blog what so ever to gain enough attention. Put much effort to change you surrounding.
metalslug
post Sep 17 2013, 02:48 PM

Casual
404 posts

you think najib really care? not even /k care about this.

This post has been edited by metalslug: Sep 17 2013, 02:48 PM
spacelion
post Sep 17 2013, 03:26 PM

Ada Liu
1,668 posts

who really cares, most people have been complaining about free alarm clock for years, but since that one is constitutional, we can't do anything about it. At least you understand our predicament now.

BTW based on your name, shouldn't you be awake by 6am?

This post has been edited by spacelion: Sep 17 2013, 03:28 PM
virphirod
post Sep 17 2013, 04:05 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

QUOTE(spacelion @ Sep 17 2013, 03:26 PM)
who really cares, most people have been complaining about free alarm clock for years, but since that one is constitutional, we can't do anything about it. At least you understand our predicament now.

BTW based on your name, shouldn't you be awake by 6am?
laugh.gif laugh.gif . Pandai dia ni

Btw bro, send to majlis perbandaran. Their job to handle these
:3mushy:3
post Sep 17 2013, 04:33 PM

<--~(--+<[o]>+--)~-->
4,720 posts

So now, the PM can be held accountable for deprivation of sleep? What's next?
TShafizulshahril
post Sep 18 2013, 08:52 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(acexii @ Sep 17 2013, 02:44 PM)
you need to go viral, online & offline. Report to town council, report to health department, report to consumer tribunal, medias fb, tweeter, blog what so ever to gain enough attention. Put much effort to change you surrounding.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. This is what I intend to do. I would not let anyone suffer for all those who are making a selfish profit at the expense of others. I know its not much help writing to the PM. If he is willing to help, then it's a miracle. If he does not, it is something expected. But the most important thing is how this case is going to develop will reflect clearly on the kind of rights that Malaysians have. Just want the whole world to know about this.
dkk
post Sep 18 2013, 10:31 AM

10k Club
Group Icon
Elite
11,400 posts

May I ask what you're asking for?

1. close the shop and move it further away from homes

2. start operating later, maybe about 8 or 9am, and close earlier, about 6pm

3. replace the hood with a quieter one (or repair it, is it damaged, why is it so loud)

4. move the shop 2 or 3 units down, so that the hood is not directly opposite your home

5. make a law that will separate businesses and homes, so that no home is within 50m of a business. Businesses that run late or start early will then no longer disturb families from getting good rest at night and children will have a quieter place to study.
funnybone
post Sep 18 2013, 10:36 AM

Enthusiast
958 posts

Noise pollution complaint is only applicable if the restaurant premise is a designated residential zone. If commercial zone, you can't do d***

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0215sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:33 AM