Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Yes YES FIZ, Unlimited 1Mbps, RM79

views

TSaneip
post Aug 14 2013, 01:46 PM, updated 8y ago

Look at all my stars!!
2,433 posts

Got interesting new package from YES.

It's RM79 per month with unlimited quota.

BUT

Only for fixed address.
Private IP
60GB quota on TnC (currently un-implemented)

But I believe it's quite a good package beside lowend streamyx package.

http://yes.my/fiz
Ahn3hn3h
post Aug 14 2013, 06:44 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(aneip @ Aug 14 2013, 01:46 PM)
Got interesting new package from YES.

It's RM79 per month with unlimited quota.

BUT

Only for fixed address.
Private IP
60GB quota on TnC (currently un-implemented)
But I believe it's quite a good package beside lowend streamyx package.

http://yes.my/fiz
Nice find aneip!

Finally a wireless provider that offers real fixed broadband for use on PC.

What most people want now is an alternative to TM's fixed line and by far NONE of the ISP offers a true UNLIMITED alternative to TM comfortable monopoly.

All the mobile telcos seems to have got mixed up with the definition of mobile internet which their quotas are only restricted to a few gigabytes.

These kind of usage is only meant for those who intend to stick their SIM inside their smartphones and talk about expensive!

DiGi Prepaid Internet is selling 4.5GB for RM100 and once used up, your line gets blocked, just for comparison.

ddr3
post Aug 14 2013, 07:43 PM

HEDGIE :3
1,459 posts

where to get this plan? biggrin.gif
TSaneip
post Aug 14 2013, 09:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,433 posts

Another downside..

No P2P and No 018 number..

Saw it at thundermatch Alor Star.. I think can be found any yes dealer.
WebDpot
post Aug 14 2013, 09:45 PM

Regular
1,021 posts

QUOTE(aneip @ Aug 14 2013, 09:10 PM)
Another downside..

No P2P and No 018 number..

Saw it at thundermatch Alor Star.. I think can be found any yes dealer.
How about torrenting? good speed or capped?
SUSErgoProxi
post Aug 14 2013, 11:53 PM

Aren't I just good enough to eat?
2,702 posts

TS, ya forget ta mention da speed,
Download Speed: Up to 1 Mbps
Upload Speed: Up to 384 Kbps
SUSErgoProxi
post Aug 14 2013, 11:54 PM

2,702 posts

QUOTE(WebDpot @ Aug 14 2013, 09:45 PM)
p2p is torrenting doh.gif .
as he mentioned, NO p2p.
ftptwistedclown
post Aug 14 2013, 11:58 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

how can they block p2p?
SUSErgoProxi
post Aug 15 2013, 12:13 AM

2,702 posts

QUOTE(ftptwistedclown @ Aug 14 2013, 11:58 PM)
how can they block p2p?
da technical answer is too long & complex.
but da simple answer is,
"it's ain't yours, it's YES 4G's. We want your money."
TSaneip
post Aug 15 2013, 12:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,433 posts

All the information I put here is from their own FAQ.. At least they admitting about the limitation put in place for this package. While it's quite restrictive, I think it's better than other provider which said nothing but implement all the limitation silently.

And i hope this will drive lower price for our broadband.. I still can't understand how 1Mbps streamyx package is still RM110. Hoping to see cheapest broadband will be Rm50 with at least 1Mbps speed and not 384Kbps.

johnlth93
post Aug 15 2013, 01:02 AM

Regular
1,162 posts

Not Found

The requested URL /fiz was not found on this server.
Can't seem to enter the website

QUOTE(WebDpot @ Aug 14 2013, 09:45 PM)
No P2P probably mean no Torrents

QUOTE(ErgoProxi @ Aug 14 2013, 11:53 PM)
That seem to be streamyx 1mbps standard speed.

I would probably get one and have a try with it.

--Update--
Attached Image

Just saw this, contract period seem to be 24 months. That's definitely going to drive me away from it.

This post has been edited by johnlth93: Aug 15 2013, 01:08 AM
Ahn3hn3h
post Aug 15 2013, 01:38 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(aneip @ Aug 15 2013, 12:26 AM)
All the information I put here is from their own FAQ.. At least they admitting about the limitation put in place for this package. While it's quite restrictive, I think it's better than other provider which said nothing but implement all the limitation silently.
And i hope this will drive lower price for our broadband.. I still can't understand how 1Mbps streamyx package is still RM110. Hoping to see cheapest broadband will be Rm50 with at least 1Mbps speed and not 384Kbps.
More info, Yes is supplying a special white version of the Zoom device as a fixed modem for this service.

It may be only 1mbps but it's going to create a shakeup in the mobile telco industry for being the first brave one to defy the odds of having the outdated volume quota packages.

Having used Yes, 1mbps should be very consistent with the Zoom device with good signal reception when most people can already hit over 5mbps with it.

What the heck UNLIMITED consistent 1mbps with good international links is way better than LTE with very small quota.

I watch streaming videos mostly before sleep, a few updates on my apps and surf multimedia rich websites.
Consistently hitting over 1GB daily in just under 3-4hours before sleep.

To give you a good idea, a 10min 720p streaming video will already take up ~180-200MB.

Malaysian telcos got it mixed up with Mobile Internet Vs Fixed Broadband

Once you insert the SIM into a USB dongle and start using it on a PC, the consumption is a whole different definition.
Easily, you would spend much more time and traffic flow in/out without your knowledge even when you leave the PC idle.

There is no wireless ISP at the moment in Malaysia that challenges TM fixed broadband in offering UNLIMITED monthly quota.

Even P1 WiMAX failed and they were swayed away with greed to compete on the mobile internet category because they lost direction in realizing the difference between the 2 markets.

If they have went to compete directly with TM on offering fixed broadband, they would have only 1 competitor to share the market with that is TM themselves.

As you can see, Malaysian fixed broadband sector has no competition except for very limited areas where Time and Jaring operates. The other mobile telcos were never serious in offering fixed broadband for desktop use because they are too caught up in the traditional voice and texts lucrative markets.

Many of them only want the public to think that mobile internet is only confined to smartphones, iPads and tablets since they consume very little volume while they can continue milking the users like cows.

Fact is once you start using the modem on a desktop PC, the consumption of data becomes leapfolds from that of your mobile devices.

If we continue on getting those stingy quotas, how are we going to do cloud storage, IPTV, Netflix-like subscription and heavy videogame consoles/net apps updates?
Ahn3hn3h
post Aug 15 2013, 02:19 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(ErgoProxi @ Aug 14 2013, 11:53 PM)
For price comparison look at Digi's recent Prepaid Internet Plan.

Startup pack: RM25 with 500MB of data
Speed: Same 1mbps/384kbps

The price? You'll vomit blood just to retrieve data about the size of a regular DVD(4.7GB)

DiGi charges RM100 for just 4.5GB of data. Once quota exceeded even when internet days is not, your internet gets cut off DEAD.

Does it really cost that much just to retrieve data the size of a DVD when even the original DVD itself might not even cost half of it? To think that our ADSL fixed lines can offer for less with all you can eat UNLIMITED quota, it's just ridiculous.

Another comparison is Maxis Hotlink Broadband, just 15GB for RM180???

If you use that on a desktop with all that speed, it's just a matter of days...
TSaneip
post Aug 15 2013, 03:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,433 posts

Agreed on yester-century quota.. 60GB might be a good starting point for fixed/home broadband.

24 months contract is quite a drawback but to think that's this plan is starting a new segment I think it's still acceptable. It's better for yes to offer 7-days trial or at least lower penalty something like Rm300 for terminating a contract.
Ahn3hn3h
post Aug 16 2013, 02:28 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(aneip @ Aug 15 2013, 03:52 AM)
Agreed on yester-century quota.. 60GB might be a good starting point for fixed/home broadband. 

24 months contract is quite a drawback but to think that's this plan is starting a new segment I think it's still acceptable. It's better for yes to offer 7-days trial or at least lower penalty something like Rm300 for terminating a contract.
The reason why Yes would only limit this plan for their brick sized Zoom is not because it give better signal reception.
Also they had such a silent launch that almost went unknown to the public.

They didn't want to spoil the expensive mobile telco's party of selling expensive dataplans which could have offended by VIPs which were directors in those companies.

WiMAX networks which were supposed to offer pure dataplay were meant to provide fixed unlimited broadband from the start competing with xDSL and other fixed line technologies.

I don't understand how P1 and Yes got themselves mixed up with mobile telco style plans with volume quotas.
HwangTommy
post Aug 17 2013, 12:20 PM

Casual
475 posts

Wow, this is so cool! I wonder where I can get this plan. Really just heard of it now.
janicelim66
post Aug 17 2013, 02:24 PM

1 posts

I wonder where can i get this plan? only from selected outlet or........
blacktubi
post Aug 18 2013, 12:16 AM

-
Group Icon
Elite
7,508 posts

Great internet connection for CCTV, my CCTV uses tunneling so it doesn't matter whether public or private.

Anyone tried? need to know the actual speed cap and UL
maxcheam
post Aug 19 2013, 01:30 PM

Casual
384 posts

QUOTE(blacktubi @ Aug 18 2013, 12:16 AM)
Great internet connection for CCTV, my CCTV uses tunneling so it doesn't matter whether public or private.

Anyone tried? need to know the actual speed cap and UL
off topic: can share what brand/model is your CCTV? Might be interested to upgrade mine. notworthy.gif
blacktubi
post Aug 19 2013, 02:19 PM

-
Group Icon
Elite
7,508 posts

QUOTE(maxcheam @ Aug 19 2013, 01:30 PM)
off topic: can share what brand/model is your CCTV? Might be interested to upgrade mine.  notworthy.gif
PMed you the links

Cheap WiFi CCTV from China, easy deployment since just need a power socket laugh.gif

59 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0484sec    0.48    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:04 PM