Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
53 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Sony XPERIA™ Z Ultra Official Thread, available now- RM2299 (original Sony MY)

views

TSNinja
post Jun 25 2013, 04:44 PM, updated 11y ago

[PBMY]™ Supreme Commander
Group Icon
VIP
1,764 posts

Introducing the Xperia Z Ultra from Sony. The world's slimmest smartphone with the world's largest Full HD display*. With a 6.4" screen, big screen entertainment has never looked as clear and defined on-the-go.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Sony's unveiled its latest addition to its Xperia Z series, a new smartphone that blurs the line between smartphone and tablet once more -- the appropriately-named Xperia Z Ultra. Packing a 6.4-inch display that runs at 1080p resolution, it bests other similarly gigantic superphones that all currently hover around 720p. This new screen is paired with Qualcomm's latest and greatest mobile processor, the impressively potent 2.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800, throwing in 4G LTE connectivity too.

user posted image

It all weighs in at 212 grams (over 50 grams more than the Xperia Z) but the body has been slimmed down to a mere 6.5mm uniform thickness, jostling with the barely-announced Ascend P6 for title of thinnest phone despite those high-end specifications (and screen dimensions). There's 16GB of built-in storage, 11GB of which is user-accessible, while a microSD slot will add an additional 64GB if needed. To power that screen, Sony has also cranked the battery pack up to 3,000mAh and we're hoping that will be enough for all those high-end components it'll be powering. There's no specifics on LTE bands just yet, but the phone also packs a pentaband HSPA radio, ensuring the global model will play nice on AT&T's 3G service, at least, when it launches later this year.

That HD (1,920 x 1,080) screen is also the first smartphone display to debut Sony's Triluminos tech, promising a wider, richer color gamut and, at 6.4 inches, it offers 60 percent more screen compared to the 5-inch competition. It also has Sony's X-Reality for mobile technology, improving picture reproduction, increasing sharpness. It's all protected by the elements with waterproofing (IP55, IP58 -- an improvement over the water resistance found on previous models). This particular Ultra model also adds handwriting recognition and will work with any graphite pencil, capacitive stylus or metal pen with tip diameter of over 1mm. The phone will launch in the UK with a £21 voucher to use in its movie, music and PlayStation mobile hubs, as well as a month's free access to Music Unlimited.

Like Sony's existing mini-apps, you'll be able to jot down notes and sketches on top of other apps, including during calls, which could make it a tempting device for business-types. Imaging chops come in the form of an 8-megapixel Exmor RS sensor (capable of HDR video and stills) and a front-facing 2-megapixel camera, while the Xperia Z Ultra will be running on Google's very latest Android iteration, 4.2 (Jelly Bean), a step up from what's currently installed on our Xperia Z. It will launch globally from Q3 2013 in white, black and purple and we'll be giving it the hands-on treatment shortly.

Full Press Release:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by Ninja: Jul 26 2013, 03:57 PM
TSNinja
post Jun 25 2013, 04:45 PM

Group Icon
VIP
1,764 posts

Xperia™ Z Ultra - TRILUMINOS™ Display and X-Reality BRAVIA

user posted image

Explore the most advanced screen technology from Sony, found in the latest high-end BRAVIA TVs and now introduced to our premium smartphones.

Experience the difference in detail as the TRILUMINOS Display for mobile goes beyond conventional LCD screens by creating a wider palette of rich, natural colours while the X-Reality image processor engine for mobile adds spectacular clarity to your pictures by reducing noise and enhancing contrast, saturation, and sharpness.

user posted image

Xperia™ Z Ultra - The slim, large screen smartphone from Sony

Xperia Z Ultra is the world's slimmest smartphone and with a screen size of 6.4", boasts the world's largest full HD display.* Its body is expertly crafted using clear lines and premium materials, with crystal clear glass on the front and back, connected with precision by a metal aluminium frame. Xperia Z Ultra has a super-responsive screen, compatible with any pencil or stylus, can be navigated effortlessly, and with its IP55 & IP58 waterproof rating it's not afraid to get wet either. An 8MP camera with HDR for photo and video ensures you can catch all your memories, and relive them with complete clarity on the Full HD display.

SBH52 from Sony - The wireless mini handset with one-touch NFC

Discover the world's first wireless mini-handset with HD voice and one-touch NFC functions. Learn how the discreet, innovative SHB52 lets you start up and connect with a single touch, so you can enjoy music with rich Sony sound or hands-free calling on the go while your smartphone is in your pocket or bag.

This post has been edited by Ninja: Jun 26 2013, 10:58 AM
mudkipryan94
post Jun 25 2013, 04:46 PM

Not today, dirtbag
All Stars
11,982 posts

FUUH...! SO THIN....!
alfredtwl
post Jun 25 2013, 04:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,013 posts

Waiting waiting brows.gif
make87
post Jun 25 2013, 04:50 PM

On my way
684 posts

It use pencils . . . . .
alfredtwl
post Jun 25 2013, 04:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,013 posts

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/sony-x...7-35798774.html
jloi
post Jun 25 2013, 04:55 PM

SHIN-EVOLTO
3,989 posts

Fuhhh ayam tempted biggrin.gif
Bujal.x
post Jun 25 2013, 04:56 PM

PUNGGUNG ITU~~~
2,387 posts

correction~world most thinnest for FULL hd phone~the thinnes will be ascend p6 with 6.18mm~
TSNinja
post Jun 25 2013, 04:56 PM

Group Icon
VIP
1,764 posts

Damn, can use pencil or metal pen as stylus. This one must be using King Kong glass. lol
Bujal.x
post Jun 25 2013, 04:58 PM

PUNGGUNG ITU~~~
2,387 posts

QUOTE(Ninja @ Jun 25 2013, 04:56 PM)
Damn, can use pencil or metal pen as stylus. This one must be using King Kong glass. lol
q3 only come~~
refnulf
post Jun 25 2013, 05:00 PM

I love Hulu
7,937 posts

Too big lah, it's huge. I laugh at the fellas with the Note II, ridiculous looking.

Hell, this can be used as weapon already! Haha. Tons of girls walk around with the Note II. I can see them with this soon...
jloi
post Jun 25 2013, 05:02 PM

SHIN-EVOLTO
3,989 posts

QUOTE(refnulf @ Jun 25 2013, 05:00 PM)
Too big lah, it's huge. I laugh at the fellas with the Note II, ridiculous looking.

Hell, this can be used as weapon already! Haha. Tons of girls walk around with the Note II. I can see them with this soon...
if only girl buy Sony whistling.gif
But i agree it look damn large on normal girl hand. Is like they holding a 7 inch tablet adi
kaisergan

Getting Started
220 posts

QUOTE(Bujal.x @ Jun 25 2013, 04:58 PM)
q3 only come~~
is only next week to Q3, july, isnt it? I don't think girl will like this one, because the design language is too manly. When girl compare Z and S4, they prefer S4 over the design while Z is just too fierce....wondering how the market work out on this one. But it is sure sexy one phablet.
wkkm007

Look at all my stars!!
3,116 posts

Like 7 inch tablet
alfredtwl
post Jun 25 2013, 05:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,013 posts

user posted image

Viewing angle thumbup.gif
Xirality
post Jun 25 2013, 05:03 PM

10k Club
Group Icon
12,170 posts

QUOTE(refnulf @ Jun 25 2013, 05:00 PM)

Maybe not for you but there are certain people in market looking for this size, that's what she said tongue.gif
refnulf
post Jun 25 2013, 05:04 PM

I love Hulu
7,937 posts

QUOTE(Xirality @ Jun 25 2013, 05:03 PM)
Maybe not for you but there are certain people in market looking for this size, that's what she said tongue.gif
It's the Z in a bigger size smile.gif Gorgeous.

Of course, I can see quite a number of people getting this. Just not for me. 5" is my limit for a phone.

This post has been edited by refnulf: Jun 25 2013, 05:05 PM
shamsulaswad
post Jun 25 2013, 05:06 PM

Casual
385 posts

need to look how's that battery performance when the device is available. so far I'm happy with my note 2 but if the battery life is similar, Sony can have my money smile.gif
TSNinja

Group Icon
VIP
1,764 posts

QUOTE(alfredtwl @ Jun 25 2013, 05:03 PM)
user posted image

Viewing angle  thumbup.gif
Triluminous Display FTW.
refnulf

I love Hulu
7,937 posts

QUOTE(alfredtwl @ Jun 25 2013, 05:03 PM)
user posted image

Viewing angle  thumbup.gif
Looks like that Tri display thingy is a winner when it comes to viewing angles.

53 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0216sec    0.69    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:18 PM