post Jul 29 2017, 12:31 AM

On my way
533 posts

Kapersky is free now gentelman ~ download it
eaglesha P
post May 26 2019, 02:22 AM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(shockw@ve @ Apr 29 2006, 09:22 AM)

Antivirus Software (LYN official software poll results & comments)Portable AntivirusBold: freeware

Note: Running multiply security softwares in real-time protection does NOT make your system more secure, it actually makes your system less secure. One software can conflict with the other and open the door to malwares while causing system errors, excessive CPU, RAM and resources. The damaging effect might even be worse than a malware infection itself. Sometimes the damage might not be noticed for awhile then the next thing you get to see when you turn on your system, is the nice little \"Blue Screen of Death\" which requires a re-install of Windows all settings and files lost forever. Installing more than one Anti-Virus should only be done by experienced computer users. It can be complicated and if done the wrong way can corrupt your system. You have to know how to disable Windows services, set them to manual or automatic depending on what one is used for real-time. Change or disable their drivers from the system startup, set them to boot, automatic or manual depending on which is used for real-time. Change your system startup files to only load your real-time Anti-Virus. If this sounds to complicated for you then just do NOT install more than one Anti-Virus!! If you want to use another Anti-Virus for on-demand scans the safe way, then just use Online Scanners. Most are better and faster scans without having to install anything but active X controls in IE.

If you have anything else that you would like to add to this list, please reply to this thread. smile.gif

eaglesha P
post May 26 2019, 02:22 AM

Probation
2 posts

Thanks for your opinion.
dan_0615
post Jun 20 2019, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

Hi sifus,

Planning to buy a new anti virus for new laptop, any suggestions?
netmatrix
post Jun 20 2019, 03:36 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

QUOTE(dan_0615 @ Jun 20 2019, 03:13 PM)
Hi sifus,

If you are not going to be downloading movies (torrents), software or view movie sites that has unsecure web design, then the built in Windows defender in Windows 10 is enough. But if you do, any of the free antivirus is sufficient. If you want to buy, the best are the common ones like Kaspersky & Norton would be ideal.

The main difference between a free and paid version is down to features. Free will have file, some web protection and no firewall. Paid will have all those. But between them, the paid version would have what they call value added software like software update monitoring, windows cleanup tool and more. Some may be useful, some not.
dan_0615
post Jun 20 2019, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Jun 20 2019, 03:36 PM)
If you are not going to be downloading movies (torrents), software or view movie sites that has unsecure web design, then the built in Windows defender in Windows 10 is enough. But if you do, any of the free antivirus is sufficient. If you want to buy, the best are the common ones like Kaspersky & Norton would be ideal.

The main difference between a free and paid version is down to features. Free will have file, some web protection and no firewall. Paid will have all those. But between them, the paid version would have what they call value added software like software update monitoring, windows cleanup tool and more. Some may be useful, some not.
Alright ! Thanks for your advice.. appreciated it nod.gif nod.gif
mrobak
post Jul 16 2019, 10:57 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(dan_0615 @ Jun 20 2019, 09:13 AM)
Hi sifus,

Hi!
This site has many Antivirus-Review 2019 (and a bit oldest versions as well) I hope it will be useful for you. Thanks to this site found one very cheap but trusted antivirus. You can write me a PM and I share it with you, won't advertise it.

This post has been edited by mrobak: Jul 16 2019, 10:57 PM
MojA_VieW
post Jan 1 2020, 12:48 AM

▐ LivE IS GooD▐
965 posts

For me the best paid antivirus that I can trust is Kaspersky.
SUSIdiuU
post Jan 2 2020, 10:41 PM

Casual
346 posts

QUOTE(MojA_VieW @ Jan 1 2020, 12:48 AM)
For me the best paid antivirus that I can trust is Kaspersky.
are yr google searches results show all in unknown website, grey shield too?
havuk
post Feb 1 2020, 03:04 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

oops.gif Avast and AVG collect and sell your browsing history: What you need to know

This post has been edited by havuk: Jun 6 2020, 04:29 AM
Montana
post Apr 10 2020, 06:17 PM

28 posts

Anyone bought their antivirus software from Lazada? wonder why the price can be cheaper than directly from developer so much, i.e. Kaspersky, McAfee
fxengineer
post Apr 21 2020, 05:22 PM

9 posts

ive always bought my software's form lazada. previously was form lelong.com. i bought mcaffee, after installing it, the key is legit but its a sharing license with many users i do not know. when i see the device connected, i can see other registered PC of mobile devices but i cant go into it or see the details. all are registered with the same license number. so the user sells that license for multiple users and he controls who gets to use his key. but then, i remove it due to not feeling secure like that.
ive also installed maffee security in my mobile. it is free with basic features. the feature i am concern is antivirus and mobile detect. mobile detect is when you wanna search for your missing phone. functions like a missing iPhone. it will pinpoint the current phone location (not accurate - 10 meters radius accurate). it can switch on the front camera and take pictures and send it to your personal email. Ive test all of this features personally just to secure my phone

Ive test BitDefender Total protection, been using it for 5 years. It really filters everything and you can customize the settings on how it scans or detects viruses. I personally prefer BitDEfender as it is much more efficient. Latest bitdefneder total protection as safe pay and VPN. i can integrate it into chrome or IE or firefox, when ever i go to a banking website, it will open another private browser which enables the private browsing with no cookie trace and much more secure. to add another layer of security, i can activate the bitdefender VPN when ever i go into banking websites. but the VPN is only limited to 200MB.

past antivirus ive test was Norton 360, kapersky, panda and more. microsoft defender is just a very basic antivirus and wouldnt recommend for heavy users who surfs into torrents, hacking tools, crack keys or other advance stuffs. I wouldn't suggest going for the free antivirus coz probably they will harvest your personal information.

next on my list, i am going to test SentinelOne which has an enteprise grade security. I would love to know any one had tried other antivirus and with the features in it.
tq
ktek
post May 2 2020, 01:30 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,545 posts

QUOTE(fxengineer @ Apr 21 2020, 05:22 PM)
ive always bought my software's form lazada. previously was form lelong.com. i bought mcaffee, after installing it, the key is legit but its a sharing license with many users i do not know. when i see the device connected, i can see other registered PC of mobile devices but i cant go into it or see the details. all are registered with the same license number. so the user sells that license for multiple users and he controls who gets to use his key. but then, i remove it due to not feeling secure like that.
ive also installed maffee security in my mobile. it is free with basic features. the feature i am concern is antivirus and mobile detect. mobile detect is when you wanna search for your missing phone. functions like a missing iPhone. it will pinpoint the current phone location (not accurate - 10 meters radius accurate). it can switch on the front camera and take pictures and send it to your personal email. Ive test all of this features personally just to secure my phone

Ive test BitDefender Total protection, been using it for 5 years. It really filters everything and you can customize the settings on how it scans or detects viruses. I personally prefer BitDEfender as it is much more efficient. Latest bitdefneder total protection as safe pay and VPN. i can integrate it into chrome or IE or firefox, when ever i go to a banking website, it will open another private browser which enables the private browsing with no cookie trace and much more secure. to add another layer of security, i can activate the bitdefender VPN when ever i go into banking websites. but the VPN is only limited to 200MB.

past antivirus ive test was Norton 360, kapersky, panda and more. microsoft defender is just a very basic antivirus and wouldnt recommend for heavy users who surfs into torrents, hacking tools, crack keys or other advance stuffs.  I wouldn't suggest going for the free antivirus coz probably they will harvest your personal information.

next on my list, i am going to test SentinelOne which has an enteprise grade security. I would love to know any one had tried other antivirus and with the features in it.
tq
cool. can try out sophos brand. not expensive when you sign for multi pc & gift promo code sometimes.

another is fsecure. this one got r & d in msia
Ewww!
post Jun 14 2020, 02:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,010 posts

QUOTE(havuk @ Feb 1 2020, 03:04 AM)
Damm! Thanks for the info/links, man.

63 Pages « < 61 62 63Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0453sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:46 AM