Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Mortgage Loan Package Inquiries v2, Loan agents pls read the 1st post!

views

wild_card_my
post Aug 13 2017, 11:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(baopao @ Aug 13 2017, 11:14 AM)
can i change to new same bank mortgage banker after my loan approved due to i not satisfied with current banker?
You could, withdraw from one and re-sign from another one. but that is double work for both the bank's employees and yourself.They may question your purpose too and you risk not getting any approval.
wild_card_my
post Aug 14 2017, 11:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(baopao @ Aug 13 2017, 12:00 PM)
what the banker told me totally different from the agreement such as lockin period she told me is 3 years from 1st disbursements but the agreement write down 4 years after full disbursements, and so on... and she look like don't want let me read and rush me sign the agreement...i refuse to do that. can i take the offer letter back and read at home carefully, not sign on the spot at bank? can i get an copy of mrta quotation and the document write down pricipal and interest i need to paid every month from bank?
The letter offer must be read thoroughly, it is a 35 year long commitment, why do you want to risk making the mistake because you get rushed? Would you spend more time reading reviews about phones than you do reading you LO? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

As a mortgage broker, I ALWAYS send the softcopy of the banks (sometimes they get multiple offers) for the clients to read before I meet them. I dont want to waste my time meeting them and they say they want to read through, and eventually rejecting the offer. Any questions can be asked before meeting, and if they want to see me face to face for further explanation with an inclination to sign, i wouldn't mind.

Get the softcopy bro.

wild_card_my
post Aug 23 2017, 11:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(lifebalance @ Aug 20 2017, 10:08 AM)
5.05% rate is very high imo.

However I guess that's because it's a 100% loan and also the loan amount is small.

Will suggest you to apply with other banks to see what's the rate they can offer.
I got 4.5% for my client at RM172k loan. it is important to inquire for rates and terms from a mortgage broker.

user posted image

lifebalance please dont steal this picture, at least refer it to me if you want to discuss the rates achievable

QUOTE(stereobiru @ Aug 21 2017, 11:19 AM)
Owh..ok..with my current amount that i want to apply and expect 100%, u think what is lowest effective rate that i can receive?
4.5% can be had as above

QUOTE(stereobiru @ Aug 21 2017, 04:58 PM)
Hmm.. ok, thank for yr input. i dont know either if anyone have got 4.5 if in a small amount + 100% loan, but after calculate, in a long term quite high in my current BSN offer.
I got it, as above, since I deal with mortgages biggrin.gif I wouldn't expect an insurance agent to go through the loan offers that I have so far. puke.gif

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: Aug 23 2017, 11:46 AM
wild_card_my
post Aug 23 2017, 11:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(andylim168168 @ Aug 19 2017, 12:34 PM)
I noticed that PBB offered MLTA which is fix protection (not reducing) and also one lump sum financed into the loan. But the value of MLTA is RM0 after 35 years.

Also, RHB also offered similar package as PBB but they called it GCLTA.....

I am very confused now.....
MLTA offered by the banks would be much cheaper than the ones offered by insurance agents, please keep that in mind. Insurance agents usually sell investment-linked policies, but the banks are offering pureinsurance protection, so all your money is used to provide you with protection.

QUOTE(andylim168168 @ Aug 19 2017, 12:46 PM)
Then what are the differences (cost, surrender value....) between MRTA and MLTA/GCTLA offered by the bank?
MRTA would be much cheaper due to its reducing coverage. MLTA costs more due to the fixed coverage, the more coverage, the more expensive

QUOTE(andylim168168 @ Aug 19 2017, 12:54 PM)
Sorry....too many questions.....

If i settle my loan after 20 years. What is the surrender value for mrta vs clta?
you need to look at the insurance quotation provided by the banker... it should state the surrender value.

QUOTE(Properlog @ Aug 16 2017, 11:17 PM)
Checking if possible for me to apply a housing loan alone but the SPA property is belong to other without my name?Thank you
it is possible. But the owner of property (name on the SPA) has to join in the loan too. this is called a 3rd party loan

SPA - LA

A - AB
AB - A

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: Aug 23 2017, 12:04 PM
wild_card_my
post May 7 2018, 01:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(alextyw85 @ May 4 2018, 05:21 PM)
pai seh, last question....

Fully flexi better than semi flexi right?

fully flexi got RM 10 monthly fee but i can put all my salary in the fully flexi account and withdraw small amount every week....

Is my statement correct ?

Thank you.
Full flexi is not necessarily better

1. Full flexi has monthly charges. RHB's full-flexi may/may-not be actual full flexi, it depends on how you look into it. If you don't use the full flexi flexibility there is no point in getting that and incurring extra charges

2. Yes you could do this, however, for most people, their salary is already finished being used to pay the expenses, and the remaining are already invested in UT or other investment vehicles.

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: May 7 2018, 01:25 PM
wild_card_my
post May 10 2018, 07:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(rhemo @ May 9 2018, 03:47 PM)
hi banker,

Need your help/advice about business loan/term loan/overdraft.

I am planning to open mini mart like 7E  or like family mart.

Already set up a company,just need the funding to start up ie.working capital to secure
shoplot/renovation and stock purchases.

I have a piece of land-mixed zone about 1.7acre valued at 800k that i would like to mortgage to secure a loan.

Thanks.
For a mortgage to happen (be approved) you would need 2 things:

1. income, through the proof of past income (salary slips, dividend statements, tax payments, retal agreement) or future income (liquid assets like FD or unit trusts, stamped rental agreement)

2. real property that can be used as a security for the mortgage

Apparently you already have item (2), but you would still need to provide documents for (1). If you are currently working, you can use the payslips from that employment to secure the mortgage. If you are running a business, you would need to show the number of years you have been working, and income statements in the form of your company bank statement and tax documents

wild_card_my
post May 15 2018, 01:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(terence_say @ May 14 2018, 07:31 PM)
Hi sifu, did high combine credit card limit will affect home loan approval even the out standing amount is small?
Not necessarily. Some banks and credit controllers will look into it, but they understand that just like overdraft, you are only required to start payment when you are utilizing the CC. CC, sharemargins, and overdrafts are some of the things that the banks will emphasize on the outstanding/usage as opposed to the limit

QUOTE(terence_say @ May 14 2018, 07:45 PM)
I submitted a 90% 600k loan to Maybank, HLB and Affin Bank.

So far, only Affin Bank have confidence to get it approve.

Maybank banker mentioned my high combine credit limit might affect approval; HLB banker mentioned my length of employment in this new company is less than 2 years(1 year 7 month) might also affect approval.

Is that true?
As mentioned, some banks and credit controllers will look into it. Credit controllers are people, and if you are unlucky you will be matched with ones that are more strict than the others. APproval can be up to their prerogative within limits of the SOP. Plus they are responsible if you default on your loans, so you have to understand why they can be picky when it comes to a customer with high credit limit

QUOTE(terence_say @ May 14 2018, 08:05 PM)
You only take KL area or also other states as well?

If the existing 3 bank dint come out with the pleasant outcome, I might need your help to submit other bank.

thanks
As for myself, I do across Malaysia other than sabah/sarawak
wild_card_my
post May 15 2018, 06:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(terence_say @ May 15 2018, 06:35 PM)
Hi sifu,

Maybank approve my loan with 90% margin RM603k
Interest rate is 4.47% subject to purchase minimum 300k 5 years MRTA

how is this deal compare to other bank?

Thanks
Acceptable. >500k, at that rate is OK. be careful about the MRTA though, you are underprotected. Either go full term or get MLTA. Unless you are not too concerned about repayments when you are out of commissioned (seel the property, close the loan account)

at 5 years tenure, your MRTA is as good as nothing if you plan to repay this loan in the original 35 year tenure... but it is there so that your banker can appeal for the best rate possible. It is an acceptable practice in my book.

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: May 15 2018, 06:39 PM
wild_card_my
post May 18 2018, 02:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(terence_say @ May 16 2018, 04:52 PM)
Hi sifu here,

I realised the MRTA that my bank offer is quite expensive, is this normal price?

Amount cover : 603k
Cover both applicant me and my wife

35 years: RM32,235
25 years: RM17,995
20 years: RM13,828

I’m ok to go with 20 years as we plan to complete the loan earlier than 20 years. But it also look abit pricely.

Need advice from sifu here
1. Yes, it is quite acceptable. As an aside, the MRTA provider is almost always fixed for any givern bank with differences between islamic/conventional offers (i.e RHB using Prudential RHB islamic using Takaful Malaysia, if I am not mistaken since it has been quite a while)

2. the premium for MRTA, as per all insurances, correlates positively with the tenure and loan amount. The longer the tenure, the higher the risks since based on the life expectancy table you are more prone to dying and getting sick as you grow older. And of course, the higher the possible payout (or coverage), the higher the cost of insurances, thus the higher premium.

3. Area under the graphs dictate the price... the bigger the area, the more expensive the MRTA. Also included, possible MLTA, which can be more expensive due to the constant coverage.

user posted image

QUOTE(lifebalance @ May 16 2018, 05:27 PM)
Normal, MRTA premium from bank varies because of different insurance provider. But the price difference won't be so big.
terence_say is asking about the difference between the tenure of the MRTA, not the difference between insurance provider

QUOTE(westley0214 @ May 18 2018, 01:14 PM)
Hi sifu, interested to purchase one flat, but PBB interest rate seemed a bit too high for me.

Property value: RM80,000
Eligible loan amount (70%): RM56,000
Interest rate offered by PBB: 3.77% + 1.63% = 5.4%

Is it reasonable?

Thanks in advance!
It is on the higher side, but most banks do not like to do financing on below RM100k. You can still shop around but that is abot the rate you will get. The "typical" rate of ~4.6% starts at RM100k and above as per what I have done recently

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: May 18 2018, 03:11 PM
wild_card_my
post May 23 2018, 04:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(Madgeniusfigo @ May 23 2018, 03:53 PM)
Great analysis, good consultant compare to LIFEBALANCE < LOL

CHEERS
Hey, thank you Madgeniousfigo. To be frank, a number of people have complained about him to me, which I can prove of course (Whatsap, lowyat PM, etc.) - but only he wants me to prove the allegations.
wild_card_my
post May 26 2018, 04:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(alextyw85 @ May 25 2018, 02:11 PM)
Is that means i can only put the extra money to flexi account up to 70% ?

So means if my loan amount is RM 1,000,000, my flexi account money can only up to RM 700,000 ?

Correct ?

Thank you.
Bro, which bank are you referring to ya? If it is CIMB, then you are correct, but there are cetain calculations that involve "daily balance" of the loan account. Plus, it is not that you are "NOT ALLOWED" to put more than 70% of the original loan amount into your mortgage account, it's jus that you would be charged RM40 each month if you activate the "Monthly Flexi Charge" clause that they added.

You can look at this link for a more clear example. Go to the "Monthly Flexi Charge" part: https://www.cimbbank.com.my/en/personal/pro.../homeflexi.html

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE(lifebalance @ May 25 2018, 02:50 PM)
Yeap, there is cases whereby it's limited to 70% of the balance outstanding, meaning if you took 100k loan and you put in 100k into the current account, only 70% (70k) is considered as prepayment, so in order to fully offset the 100k loan amount, you'll need to put in about 142,858 into the account to offset 100%
Hi, which bank is this ya that you are talking about? Do you have resources/links that you can show? I am intrigued to know, it's good to share and learn from each other. The example I gave above is for CIMB's and it is accurate as per based on the link from CIMB that I gave above

Which bank are you talking about?

Edit: may I know why this post was reported? All I wanted to do was to address possible errors is lifebalance's post but I can't do it if I am being censored

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: May 26 2018, 04:32 PM
wild_card_my
post May 30 2018, 10:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(alextyw85 @ May 29 2018, 04:36 PM)
Thanks for your reply.

Wanna know, now I am serving progressive interest during construction period. If I put more money in flexi account now, will that help to reduce the progressive interest I gave to bank during construction ? or reduce interest for flexi only work after VP (pay principal + interest) time ?
No, actually im thinking that lifebalance got it wrong. Im still waiting for him to reply which banks it was. he has made plenty of mortgage-related mistakes before, so before you take his advice to heart... you ought to know that he may have been misleading through his posts

I'm not trying to pick a fight with him, but if something is wrong I am duty bound to point it out.

Lifebalance, based on your explanation above, which bank was that ya? If you don't answer I'll just assume that you are mistaken and will correct you at lenght.
wild_card_my
post May 31 2018, 01:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(ngaisteve1 @ May 31 2018, 10:45 AM)
Hi ,  I am thinking to change from full flexi to semi flexi. My current full flexi is already more than 4 years. What's the cost for this? Loan amount RM400k
All you need to do is to refinance the loan. The costs for the process would be:

1. Legal fees - 1.8-2% of the loan amount
2. Stamp duty - 0.5% of the loan amount
3. Valuation fees - roughly RM800-RM1,000

I usually encourage my clients to take semi-flexi, because full-flexi is a cash-grab by the bank. Most people don't generate income on a daily basis, and even if they do, they would need to race against time to recover the RM10 monthly fees

Flexi is pretty much useful only if you are running a day-trade business where you need to deposit your collections on a daily basis. If you are employed, the only time you are getting extra money than usual is during bonus season which is usually only once or twice a year, if any.

But you have already signed for a flexi account - at RM10 x 30 years x 12 months = RM3,600. The savings is there, but it should not be reason to fully refinance the house though. If you are thinking of cashing out to use the money in other investments, that is a stronger reason.

wild_card_my
post Jun 5 2018, 05:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(kingkhong2008 @ Jun 5 2018, 05:48 PM)
Dear Sifu,

Spouse A:
Salary-4700
Commitment-0

Spouse B:
Salary: 8000
Car Loan: 649 (ending in November this year)
House Loan 1: 2,000 (Joint with Mum) With rental income of RM 1500
House Loan 2: 2000 (planning to sell off this unit if can get the loan)
Credit card balance: 7000
Other balance transfer payment: 800 (ending September this year)

How much loan can I get. As this is technically my “3rd” house can I still get the 90% loan margin.

Thanks.
1. No, if you are spouse B, you cannot get the 90% loan margin, even if you joint-loan with spouse A. Spouse A can get a 90% margin on his/her own though, provided that we give a good reason as to the no-commitment

2. Can you be more specific on the balance transfer payment? What was the original amount?

3. If possible, could you break down the information in this format? there are a few extra items that may be required for a more accurate assessments:

Personal
Name (or nickname):
Income (RM/month)
Gross:
Nett (after deducting EPF, PCB, SOCSO):
Variable income (OT, commissions, if any):
Rental:
Investment (ASB, Tabung Haji, Unit Trusts, FD):
Bonus for year 2017:
Bonus for year 2016:

Commitments (RM/month)
Mortgage:
Hire purchase:
Credit card outstanding:
Credit card balance transfer amount and repayment:
ASB loan:
Personal loans:
PTPTN:

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: Jun 5 2018, 05:59 PM
wild_card_my
post Jun 5 2018, 06:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(kingkhong2008 @ Jun 5 2018, 05:48 PM)
House Loan 1: 2,000 (Joint with Mum) With rental income of RM 1500
House Loan 2: 2000 (planning to sell off this unit if can get the loan)
Credit card balance: 7000
Other balance transfer payment: 800 (ending September this year)

How much loan can I get. As this is technically my “3rd” house can I still get the 90% loan margin.

Thanks.
1. Rental agreement is split, since the unit is also a joint-unit

2. Spouse B is more leveraged, especially due to the RM2000/m mortgage and the credit card balance/transfer.

3. As mentioned above, your next unit can only get 70% margin. Are you staying in it? Are you planning to sell it off and buy a new one as an upgrade?

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: Jun 5 2018, 06:39 PM
wild_card_my
post Jun 6 2018, 06:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(kingkhong2008 @ Jun 5 2018, 11:10 PM)
Spouse A had a raised today.

Gross is now 5300, take home should be around 4450.

What the revision?

3. Yes. Planning to sell off after acquiring this.
Morning. Keep in mind that different debt-service-ratio (DSR) limits set by the banks may effect your loan eligibility. In truth, for a combined income, both of you are eligible for a DSR limit of 85%. However, to be on the conservative side, I applied a DSR limit of just 80%, so this affects your max loan eligibility

This is also why you may be getting different figures from one mortgage broker to another insurance agent. For the purpose of comparison, I keep things fixed though, both calculations are set at 80% DSR.

DSR is not equivalent to Margin of Financing (MOF), Spouse A would have 90% MOF eligibility, while Spouse B is at 70% unless one of the residential mortgages is settled off before the application to the current one.

user posted image
wild_card_my
post Jun 9 2018, 10:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(kingkhong2008 @ Jun 9 2018, 09:48 PM)
Hi, found out today that if no commitment at all, such as credit card, car loan etc - the bank won't give 90% loan?
While it is generally true, it depends on the situation

1. Usually people who do not have debts are fresh, young graduates. Without any (banking/financial-institution) debts it is impossible for the banks that you are applying for to gauge your repayment history/ability.

2. However, ZERO debt is not as bad as having bad debts OR defaults in your CCRIS, so you are still in good position here

3. If you are a freshie, you can try to apply for an ASB loan (if you are a bumiputra), a PL, and finally a CC in that order of the chances of approval. ASB loans are easier because it has an asset backing the loan (the ASB units themselves), followed by PL, which a term loan with fixed repayment schedule, and a CC which is a clean loan with no repayment schedules.

4. If you are a recent graduate with a degree, I can help with getting 90% as long as you can furnish your certificate - you can help get 90% loan this way

5. It is also possible for you to show your assets in the form of UT/ASB, cash, etc. Banks will allow you to get 90% if you can pledge your cash equivalent to 10% of the property value in their FD for 1 to 3 years. You can still earn interests with this

6. Finally, if you have been paying your PTPTN, you can furnish your loan statement to show your repayment discipline.

QUOTE(lifebalance @ Jun 9 2018, 09:50 PM)
Yes, empty credit profile isn't a good sign to the banks neither even if you are debt free.

Its advisable that you take up a credit card to start a credit profile for yourself.
When it comes to a debt-free person, the rules are not black-and-white - there is no such thing as a "not a good sign" so to speak, because loan repayment history is not the only way to measure a person's credit worthiness. Different banks have different SOP when handling this matter, including considering the employment and future career of the customer (especially for professionals like doctors and accountants). The customer can also furnish his assets like fully-paid properties to show that he is a high-net-worth individual who didn't need to leverage.

You should know this by now if you had done enough cases, but being an insurance agent I understand where your focus lies.
wild_card_my
post Jun 9 2018, 10:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(kingkhong2008 @ Jun 9 2018, 10:31 PM)
4. What is the success rate of getting the 90% margin? I am not a fresh graduate, rather a PhD graduate from Australia. Recently came back with a job. Albeit for a few months and just had a raised recently upon confirmation.

5. I have some cash in the form of savers which have high interest rate in Australia. Around AUD 50k.

6. I had paid off all my PTPTN loan few years ago. not sure if it helps?
1.You are a professional/white-collar with a diploma from Australia, very likely to get 90%, especially if you can furnish your PhD diploma, job LO, and of course, the payslips. Helps if you can furnish your liquid investments if any

2. As above, these helps. banks know you are very unlikely to default due to the availability of your cash

3. get the final payment receipt and release letter. This PTPTN should not be in your CCRIS anymore, so it helps to funish these documents to show that you are fiscally responsible

The bottom line is, the credit controllers are human. As a bank officer then and broker now, I have to write to them explaining the situation of the client.
wild_card_my
post Jun 9 2018, 11:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(lifebalance @ Jun 9 2018, 10:36 PM)
3. Ptptn is not considered a credit profile that the bank will normally consider when it comes to Home Loan application. However they will still take in your Ptptn installment as part of your commitment for loan borrowing. Since you've paid off the ptptn loan, it won't appear in your CCRIS anymore

May I know if you're working in an MNC or Sdn Bhd?
This is completely wrong though. PTPTN that has been recorded in CCRIS is considered as commitment, as such it is part of your credit profile for home loan application. The applicant can furnish the bank with the letter offer for PTPTN or Ujrah letter to show the monthly installment for that PTPTN, otherwise the entry will be considered as PL and calculated as such

I don't understand how do you mean by:

1. Ptptn is not considered a credit profile
2. they will still take in your Ptptn installment as part of your commitment

Your commitments ARE part of your credit profile. You cannot calculate your DSR without tallying all the commitments, and you cannot create a profile without accurate DSR.

If you have done enough mortgage applications you would come across PTPTN defaulters of which the default in payments this will be a road block to their application - that alone means that it is part of their credit profiles.
wild_card_my
post Jun 10 2018, 12:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(kingkhong2008 @ Jun 10 2018, 12:17 AM)
How true is "2. As a first-time homebuyer, you may only need to pay ten percent (10%) of the purchase price as deposit"
1. I don't quite get what they are saying. The amount of deposit that you need to pay vary a lot according to a number of things:

a. subsale/undercon/developer-units
b. your loan margin eligibility

2. In general, most banks will give 90% loan margin. But if it is an under construction property, they may give you rebates that you can apply to the 10% deposit, thus you may end up paying less "deposit"

3. In the event where you are not given a 90% margin, be prepared to top up out of pocket, this applies to all 3 types of properties: subsale/undercon/developer-units

4. Keep in mind that there are other fees that you need to pay as well:

a. SPA (may not be applicable for under construction or developer-completed unit properties)
b. Stamp duty
c. Valuation fees (for subsale/developer-completed units only)
d. Loan agreement (LA) fees
e. Stamp duty on the LA

mega_shok.gif mega_shok.gif mega_shok.gif

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: Jun 10 2018, 12:36 AM

21 Pages « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1008sec    0.40    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:59 PM