Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nokia pureview 808, Bye, nerd and antisocial life

views

TSawesomelee
post Jan 25 2013, 12:10 AM, updated 11y ago

27 posts

SYMBIAN OS seems like a stone age system which well-known by phone user, yet in this everybody iphone android era, i have decided to go against the current and join the symbian forces when the phone 1st introduced!

Before picking up the phone, i have go around and have a survey on the phone on forum, website. All the master sifu say this phone nice and IMBA, and therefore.. I choose you! wub.gif

Phone in hand, and what i need to do is equip my phone with apps in OVI store.

Angry bird? Oh yes! Fruit Ninja? OK checked! plant vs zombie... erhhh not bad! U gotta be shine in front my friends then! but in the end....

My class chick response: OH ya? Old time story for the games pal, u gotta catch up with that...

My gang of friend: Do you have XXX game? OOps sorry, ur sympian phone not compatible with that..

BTW luckily, the 41 Megapixel is not a just-so-oh-ya stuff. 41 Megapixel? U gotta be kidding for tat? (for that moment la) and here is the coming things come across my days..

1) When hanging out and yamchah with friends, no matter what, most of them will hold 1 phone and look down on it ( yeah yeah u r rite, the low head group (di tou zhu) But 1st time my phone has bring out, all my friends are impressed by its camera function and after that, is self taking photo session: head up, smile and ka cha! Oops sorry samsung and apple, 8 and 12 M are not impressed enough tongue.gif

2) Girls do you mind taking photo with me? Imagine if I asking with a digital camera, girl not so interested on it rite? (me not handsome somemore doh.gif ) Things come different with pureview 808! The powerful of 41M gives some confidence for me to go for the first touch... girl wanna give a try on that? brows.gif Bye bye, the old time downloading and storing hot chick photo old story~~

3) Oh ya, when we guys hanging out yamcah, all we talk is girl and money or fun things (yeah, talk cock) The phone juz impressed and they will: wow, not bad keep taking photo with chicks! I know is bad shakehead.gif juz let me immersed in this self shock feeling juz among the friends

4) When we study along, somehow, our friends or lecturer will further their study or career in other places. Group photo session normally will be held. Got one time my friend had 4get to bring his DSLR.. he juz feel like OMG, but luckily my phone has come out as super sub and completed the task well. Dude, problem?

5) When almost examination that period, even your best friend also will tell you go study (at the end, playing around together~) My notes and example sheet juz blank for whole year! And at that time, i will bring along my phone going around the genius to copy. Copy? KA-cha Ka-cha! My phone will done for me biggrin.gif

6) One thing need to mention, my group of friends practice ALUBA during birthday time. ALUBA? come on, we malaysian sure know 1. Who gonna take camera recorder around when this practices happen around? and this time my phone juz enough to do it ( small and easy to hide what) See ya the whole process in fb! and it definitely will be one of the fun and unforgettable 1 during teenage time rclxms.gif

Besides taking photo during outing and tour all that, pureview 808 indeed a multi-function phone and worth for it to buy. It bring more fun and ppl to my life, here share it with other phone users, cheers!

Attached Image
ashdwoers
post Feb 7 2013, 08:20 AM

Newb
2,234 posts

cool story broo tongue.gif
yayiyu99
post Feb 18 2013, 02:45 PM

Enthusiast
950 posts

Good luck with your new toy. I already sold mine after using it for more than a year. My experience also same like you when i first bought it. After few months get bored already. I hope you will not be like me.
skylinelover
post Feb 22 2013, 09:12 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

haha i have a fren still sticking with blackberry curve 9300 since the release date n is still standing firm in going against the iphone android trend even though 10 of my buddies already tried brainwashing him many times laugh.gif rclxms.gif if u can stick with 808 4 more than 2 years,,,then i shall salute u...if not u lose laugh.gif doh.gif
haki
post Mar 31 2013, 09:06 PM

On my way
546 posts

hi..can someone share about ur nokia pureview 808.how good this phone..planning to get one...thinking to replace my bb9900....
kinabalu
post Apr 22 2013, 04:38 PM

20k VIP club
1,167 posts

been using 808 since october, already half a year and the phone still going strong for me.

TSawesomelee
post May 23 2013, 06:54 PM

27 posts

yaya, typical nokia phone, simple easy and elegant wink.gif

Sony Lim
post May 29 2013, 10:51 AM

Casual
317 posts

symbian is dead OS XD
haizzzz88
post Dec 9 2014, 11:53 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Feb 22 2013, 09:12 PM)
haha i have a fren still sticking with blackberry curve 9300 since the release date n is still standing firm in going against the iphone android trend even though 10 of my buddies already tried brainwashing him many times laugh.gif rclxms.gif if u can stick with 808 4 more than 2 years,,,then i shall salute u...if not u lose laugh.gif doh.gif
hey. I started using my 808 since September 2012 until now December 2014. 2 years and 3 months. Still love the ease of using symbian. But sadly no decent apps in symbian OS now (no proper facebook, LINE, and nice games). LOVE the camera so much. One of the reasons I am still using it is because of the camera! Using Redmi Note 4G as secondary phone for social apps and some games.

Planning to get a new phone in the new year, want a very powerful camera phone but don't want 1020 due still expensive now and slow speed of taking pictures. any suggestion? thanks.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
zhixie
post Dec 10 2014, 07:07 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(haizzzz88 @ Dec 9 2014, 11:53 PM)
hey. I started using my 808 since September 2012 until now December 2014. 2 years and 3 months. Still love the ease of using symbian. But sadly no decent apps in symbian OS now (no proper facebook, LINE, and nice games). LOVE the camera so much. One of the reasons I am still using it is because of the camera! Using Redmi Note 4G as secondary phone for social apps and some games.

Planning to get a new phone in the new year, want a very powerful camera phone but don't want 1020 due still expensive now and slow speed of taking pictures. any suggestion? thanks.
vivo xshot. big aparture, nice

meizu mx4 also nice i heard

fyi, i also using 808 now
chaukeng
post Dec 16 2014, 11:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,295 posts

Upgraded from pv808 to L1020 Few months ago. Some times I do miss this phone. Especially the battery life and the overall design of the phone. Wouldn't have sold it off to fund for my L1020 if I have the choice.
haizzzz88
post Jan 12 2015, 01:59 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(zhixie @ Dec 10 2014, 07:07 PM)
vivo xshot. big aparture, nice

meizu mx4 also nice i heard

fyi, i also using 808 now
I like the design n spec of vivo xshot, but the price about 1600 seems like a little bit high for a chinese phone with not many stores here.

How about xperia z3 compact or lumia 930? I actually prefer a phone with screen not more than 5 inch.
encore1989
post Apr 17 2015, 01:14 PM

19 posts

Pureview 808 was indeed a legend, as a frantic nokia fans myself, I haven't even seen one out there! I myself as a collector which nowadays still collect old nokia phones for fun, shall be putting Pureview 808 as my next target.

Yeah I know the fun, ever since Nokia was dead, Iphone and Android swarming up the world, back at two to one years ago, I bought back Nokia N90, N93 and N93i, switching it for using alongside my smartphone, I got huge attention when I pulled these glamorous bulky clamshell phone out when picking up a call! XD

At that time, when I visited phone store, Some YOUNG dude from the stores are giving me huge reaction and all said almost the same thing: ''Walao, dude! this phone are freaking legend! How come you still using/owned one? can sell?''

Well of course my answer was no. lol

P.S the latest one I've collected was Nokia N95 8GB after Nokia 7373
kinabalu
post Apr 18 2015, 09:22 AM

20k VIP club
1,167 posts

QUOTE(encore1989 @ Apr 17 2015, 01:14 PM)
Pureview 808 was indeed a legend, as a frantic nokia fans myself, I haven't even seen one out there! I myself as a collector which nowadays still collect old nokia phones for fun, shall be putting Pureview 808 as my next target.

Yeah I know the fun, ever since Nokia was dead, Iphone and Android swarming up the world, back at two to one years ago, I bought back Nokia N90, N93 and N93i, switching it for using alongside my smartphone, I got huge attention when I pulled these glamorous bulky clamshell phone out when picking up a call! XD

At that time, when I visited phone store, Some YOUNG dude from the stores are giving me huge reaction and all said almost the same thing: ''Walao, dude! this phone are freaking legend! How come you still using/owned one? can sell?''

Well of course my answer was no. lol

P.S the latest one I've collected was Nokia N95 8GB after Nokia 7373
I got 2 Nokia 808 PV

One black One white. Willing to let go, let me know if you interested.
Jay Chua CC
post Apr 20 2015, 07:17 PM

~Dont settle for good. Demand great~
5,907 posts

QUOTE(haizzzz88 @ Jan 12 2015, 01:59 PM)
I like the design n spec of vivo xshot, but the price about 1600 seems like a little bit high for a chinese phone with not many stores here.

How about xperia z3 compact or lumia 930? I actually prefer a phone with screen not more than 5 inch.
z3 compact camera is so so only sweat.gif
moniqee
post Apr 26 2015, 08:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,860 posts

still have 808... used to have N8 (then sold it already) .... got it more than a year liao... I was using it since it was launched...

feel the camera is the most awesome... shaky hands? no worry... still comes out sharp as well... settings? no worry... picture still comes out awesome...

when i use this.... i said no need to carry the freaking big and heavy DSLR...
haizzzz88
post May 15 2015, 08:42 PM

19 posts

I am still stuck with my 808. 4 more months will be 3 yrs anniversary. haha
swapped my secondary phone from redmi note to meizu m1 note for social apps. Tried to swap m1 note to be my primary phone but swapped back few days later. Couldn't let go 808 due to the image quality. But i think its time to search for a new phone with good camera with OIS. i want a really good camera cause i just love to take candid pictures of friends and family and don't really prefer to carry extra camera or dslr. I am ok with windows or android cause i think the social apps i am using often are available in both (i m not an apple fan so not including ios here. XP). I really love nokia!

suggestion:
Nokia Lumia 930, 830, vivo xshot, Mi Note?
or maybe wait for lumia 940, 840 but that will be Microsoft Lumia but not Nokia Lumia. T.T
haizzzz88
post May 15 2015, 08:46 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(Jay Chua CC @ Apr 20 2015, 07:17 PM)
z3 compact camera is so so only  sweat.gif
Yea i saw from lots of review stated that sony is not very good in doing their image processing algorithm. and since u r the user of z3 compact, i better trust u. haha. thanks.
Jay Chua CC
post May 16 2015, 01:45 AM

~Dont settle for good. Demand great~
5,907 posts

QUOTE(haizzzz88 @ May 15 2015, 08:46 PM)
Yea i saw from lots of review stated that sony is not very good in doing their image processing algorithm. and since u r the user of z3 compact, i better trust u. haha. thanks.
Actually not that bad but certainly not live up to its name being one of biggest camera sensor maker.
The dslr from sony is top notch tho

alwinnng
post Jun 29 2015, 04:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,296 posts

QUOTE(kinabalu @ Apr 18 2015, 09:22 AM)
I got 2 Nokia 808 PV

One black One white. Willing to let go, let me know if you interested.
Still got???

Looking for a new set but cant find

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0252sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:31 AM