Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 13 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[TCG] Magic The Gathering (Trading Card Game)

views

7chai
post Nov 10 2017, 01:44 PM

online pelayan
921 posts

QUOTE(Instant_noodle @ Nov 10 2017, 10:18 AM)
temped to try commander (or some likes to call it 'elder dragon highlander'), owns no cards prior to kaladesh block...ended up exhausted all my reserved $$ this month for iconic masters box  sad.gif

prolly get my box tonite, using it for few games of sealed draft... 6 cryptic command plz...

2.6 billion donation, plz...

*sigh*

where you play EDH ?
sheridankamal
post Nov 10 2017, 02:28 PM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(CreamMilk @ Nov 10 2017, 10:37 AM)
Wow, thanks for the tips & guide, I could not understand most of the jargon  sweat.gif
I might look into MTG Online too if I could not visit LGS frequently, just that I am very reluctant to spend more $$$ to get digital magic cards.
Yes I have heard about the Singapore GP, as told by the LGS boss which I visited that day, the registration fee is kinda steep though and most importantly I am not around on 15th December, will only be back to Singapore on 16th December, most likely. So probably would drop by on 16 or 17 to look see look see.
This is my suggestion as another option to get familiarize with MTG basic games, if you own a iOS device you may download the game and give it a try.
They will guide you on the basic on playing land, attack, defense and etc.

Instant_noodle
post Nov 10 2017, 04:22 PM

nyaaa~~
2,779 posts

QUOTE(7chai @ Nov 10 2017, 01:44 PM)
where you play EDH ?

i wanted tp play edh and still trying to build a deck =..="

when i announced the plan for my edh deck, LGS owner and few edh players who heard straight away face-palmed over my choice...

whut's the big deal people hating infect deck?? i was told those decks are usually the 1st ones to go...

mass mill? no problem
mass life loss? no problem
mass tokens? no problem
infinite mana float to win con? no problem
infect? GODAIPLZKKTHXBAI!!

wtf?!

QUOTE(sheridankamal @ Nov 10 2017, 02:28 PM)
This is my suggestion as another option to get familiarize with MTG basic games, if you own a iOS device you may download the game and give it a try.
They will guide you on the basic on playing land, attack, defense and etc.

i think the app is still not as complicated as the actual game when comes to dealing with THE STACK (well, since everything goes there...) and board state (which is also complicated when mechanics are involved) and sometimes lack much explanation for people to understand

for example:
you had a 2/2 creature on field, while opponent had a bomat courier and a 4/4 indestructible creature

you declared your attacker after declaring and moving into combat phase, during the blocker assignment opponent had assigned bomat courier to block your attacker (state based for attacker: blocked), then opponent proceed to sacrifice the blocker for exiled cards (ability effect on stack to be resolved). in response to the ability state in stack, you cast a instant targeted opponent's 4/4 indestructible creature to get -4/-4 until the end of turn (new spell moved to stack) and opponent has nothing to response

the stacks resolved before moving to blocking phase, due to state placement effect the attacker was blocked by a creature opponent sacrificed, and also due to state placement, opponent's indestructible creature was moved to graveyard (well, it didn't get destroyed, but turned into a 0/0 creature and had to be moved to graveyard)

the app never do such detail and proceeds to resolve automatically...
7chai
post Nov 10 2017, 04:46 PM

online pelayan
921 posts

QUOTE(Instant_noodle @ Nov 10 2017, 04:22 PM)
i wanted tp play edh and still trying to build a deck =..="

when i announced the plan for my edh deck, LGS owner and few edh players who heard straight away face-palmed over my choice...

whut's the big deal people hating infect deck?? i was told those decks are usually the 1st ones to go...

mass mill? no problem
mass life loss? no problem
mass tokens? no problem
infinite mana float to win con? no problem
infect? GODAIPLZKKTHXBAI!!

wtf?!

So which LGS you play at currently ?
Instant_noodle
post Nov 10 2017, 04:56 PM

nyaaa~~
2,779 posts

QUOTE(7chai @ Nov 10 2017, 04:46 PM)
So which LGS you play at currently ?

regularly at kuchai lama, hobby's quarter

the closest LGS are actually cnh (close to werk), safehouse and MV

OH NOES!!! PROLLY MY IDENTITY EXPOSED!!!

7chai
post Nov 10 2017, 06:10 PM

online pelayan
921 posts

QUOTE(Instant_noodle @ Nov 10 2017, 04:56 PM)

Ohh kelvin seow shop. Well you can support him by purchase commander pre con from him what.
razr_sped
post Nov 17 2017, 11:25 AM

Casual
391 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

6CCommand?..better hope for thoughtseize..but dun crack pack la..draft it, open pod but u keep the card

QUOTE(Instant_noodle @ Nov 10 2017, 04:56 PM)

along kuchai there also brain storm and attilan games

but back to the game, start with proxy onli if u wan to play and test..this is especially true when u wanna go for modern (legacy not populer here) n also start with single colour.
Instant_noodle
post Nov 17 2017, 06:37 PM

nyaaa~~
2,779 posts

QUOTE(razr_sped @ Nov 17 2017, 11:25 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

6CCommand?..better hope for thoughtseize..but dun crack pack la..draft it, open pod but u keep the card
along kuchai there also brain storm and attilan games

but back to the game, start with proxy onli if u wan to play and test..this is especially true when u wanna go for modern (legacy not populer here) n also start with single colour.

thoughtseize appeared!!! once... not even foil...

*sigh*

getting box is kinda ok-ish for me to get into formats other than standard although rite now it's just slightly better with more variants compared to ones before the rotation, but meh... i just dun like red deck...

left with 20+ ish to complete my 1st edh deck, card choices always makes things harder to pixk...
7chai
post Nov 21 2017, 08:58 AM

online pelayan
921 posts

QUOTE(Instant_noodle @ Nov 17 2017, 06:37 PM)
thoughtseize appeared!!! once... not even foil...

*sigh*

getting box is kinda ok-ish for me to get into formats other than standard although rite now it's just slightly better with more variants compared to ones before the rotation, but meh... i just dun like red deck...

left with 20+ ish to complete my 1st edh deck, card choices always makes things harder to pixk...
bring your decks out come see me then. lol
Instant_noodle
post Nov 21 2017, 03:05 PM

nyaaa~~
2,779 posts

QUOTE(7chai @ Nov 21 2017, 08:58 AM)
bring your decks out come see me then. lol

totally burned all budget this month, can't afford to spend extra anymore

probably be finishing the deck early next month then i can update it to infect
ashburn98
post Jan 7 2018, 07:58 AM

Runaway train
1,570 posts

This weekend is the Magic Open House where new players can go to stores, play the game and get cards for free. Everyone involved can get a foil card below as a commemorative.

Attached Image

The prerelease is next weekend. Full visual of cards in the set is here (mtg official page)

asdf1234gmx
post Feb 1 2018, 08:13 PM

2 posts

Just FYI, a card shop in Wangsa Maju called Safehouse will have its last day on Feb 11th. It was previously Spartan Game Arena.

They are having discounts on MTG products, Warhammer and all accessories (Dragon Shield sleeves, deckboxes, etc) right now. If those are something that interests you, go check them out before the last day.
crystalfenix
post Mar 4 2018, 05:12 PM

Casual
426 posts

Actually if I am looking to build a magic modern deck, like the affinity deck link as below.

How would be the fastest way for me to buy the cards?

Previously quitted MTG 10 years ago. Interested to restart back.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/948820#paper
razr_sped
post Mar 6 2018, 02:49 PM

Casual
391 posts

QUOTE(crystalfenix @ Mar 4 2018, 05:12 PM)
Actually if I am looking to build a magic modern deck, like the affinity deck link as below.

How would be the fastest way for me to buy the cards?

Previously quitted MTG 10 years ago. Interested to restart back.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/948820#paper
most shop should be able to do it..TD Sunway, CnH Kelana, Brainstorm Kuchai and etc..just only how bling you wan cos affinity can be build using masterpieces too.
too bad i only have naya burn to offload..maybe esper spirit too..but not affinity
Instant_noodle
post Aug 15 2018, 02:53 PM

nyaaa~~
2,779 posts

bump!!! this thread ain't dead!!!

recently playing MTG Arena with an unusual restriction:

- keep 3 packs of each release, they can't be open
- 1 wild card usage per month
- keep afloat with 6000 gold
- construct and play decks based on any given quests (example: cast 20 red or black spells)

having some fun doing away with standard meta and messing around with jank builds

as in real life game, my little brother is showing concerns of me wasting much time to play cardboard crack over saving up to get a vietnamese wife, but meh... competition is this saturday and i'll be there trying to compete with meta decks

not quite ready to move for modern because of the insane price tags...

who's heading to atria mall this saturday and sunday for the nats?
terradrgn
post Aug 21 2018, 04:04 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

Looking to sell my MtG cards, nothing too special, but any guide on where i should start? shops? websites?
Savor_Savvy
post Aug 24 2018, 01:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,743 posts

Anybody tried MTGO?
mowlous
post Aug 29 2018, 12:33 PM

Casual
492 posts

Is it legal to sell custom made magic the gathering figurine? I'm practicing clay crafting and thought of proposing to a frequent shop of mine to play specific modern competition and make them as a give away prize for top winners. Something with a theme, like Zombie modern, vampire .... etc.
ashburn98
post Sep 3 2018, 05:05 PM

Runaway train
1,570 posts

QUOTE(terradrgn @ Aug 21 2018, 04:04 PM)
Looking to sell my MtG cards, nothing too special, but any guide on where i should start? shops? websites?
You can ask people in your playgroup if they are interested in buying your cards, and talk to the shopkeeper of your previous local game shop if they have a card buying list/policy.

I personally will point you towards transitioning to play Elder Dragon Highlander format with your cards and keep playing Magic. smile.gif
ashburn98
post Sep 3 2018, 05:07 PM

Runaway train
1,570 posts

QUOTE(mowlous @ Aug 29 2018, 12:33 PM)
Is it legal to sell custom made magic the gathering figurine? I'm practicing clay crafting and thought of proposing to a frequent shop of mine to play specific modern competition and make them as a give away prize for top winners. Something with a theme, like Zombie modern, vampire .... etc.
I have no idea but this shop that sells both art items and MTG products might know the legality.
https://www.facebook.com/25cArtandHobbies/

13 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 13 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0198sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:05 PM