Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

HP Pavillion DV6-6XXX series Owners Lounge V6, >9000 owners. Like a boss.

views

sHawTY
post May 5 2021, 01:54 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,629 posts

QUOTE(Teckyin @ May 5 2021, 01:09 PM)
how much it cost to fix it
Save your money for a new laptop instead
TSAcid_RuleZz
post May 5 2021, 04:57 PM

ミウ ❤
6,610 posts

QUOTE(Teckyin @ May 5 2021, 01:09 PM)
Hi guys, I owned one of the HP Pavilion DV6-6114tx and after the warranty ended the motherboard went kaput it's some kind of short circuit without any drop or external damage it happened all of sudden, the laptop can't turn on even I plugged in the power brick and it has some kind of weird "tic tic" sound coming out from the brick even I change another power brick (Comfirmed not power brick issue). I've send it back to HP authorized service center and they said need to change the motherboard and it cost about half of the laptop and decided not to fix it. So now I wanted to ask if anyone here experiencing the similar issue before and how much it cost to fix it cause it's quite a good laptop for some home entertainment and productivity purposes rather than sitting there collecting dust.
"tic tic" on power brick usually meant something is shorting the mainboard. Usually cost around RM300+ to repair unless you need to change the board.
Teckyin
post May 26 2021, 03:01 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Acid_RuleZz @ May 5 2021, 04:57 PM)
"tic tic" on power brick usually meant something is shorting the mainboard. Usually cost around RM300+ to repair unless you need to change the board.
I had the mobo fixed for RM400 and here comes another issue is the sata cable, I didn't notice the cable was missing before I sent to repair I tried to use my DV3 sata connector it doesn't detect both Kingston A400 & Samsung 870EVO ssd, Just ordered one DV6-6000 Sata connector from Taobao hope it work and found some youtuber complaint that connector had lots of variant for different DV6 model, might have compatibility issue over the sata cable. Now can only hope for the best.
Teckyin
post May 26 2021, 03:07 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ May 5 2021, 01:54 PM)
Save your money for a new laptop instead
Haha that's what I'm thinking, but don't think can find any decent new laptop under the budget of 1k and since the repair is not over RM500 just give it a try to revive it as the specs not too bad though it's 2nd gen Intel core i7, my DV3-4115tx with core i5 and SSD replaced still quite decent to be use for some light entertaiment connecting to larger display. For the DV6 might take it as my secondary laptop for my web dev work.

98 Pages « < 96 97 98Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0257sec    0.13    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:45 PM