Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games Diablo III (PS3/PS4), PS4 version announced

views

evoangel
post Jun 5 2012, 12:45 PM

Casual
440 posts

if this is real, im so buying it.. lol

@sethmaster- yup you might be wrong with the 'online' part.. not everyone will connect online mode while playing. i had, not a lot but most of the game playable without going online. sometimes its not fair to simply accuse fellow LYners here not playing original. just my thought.
zororo
post Jun 5 2012, 02:54 PM

Casual
366 posts

QUOTE(Joey Christensen @ Jun 5 2012, 12:20 PM)
I think it's kind of stupid to have it in an online basis even for single player mode.
really wei...ppl from countries with slower connection cannot fully enjoice the game.... sad.gif

YuYoBoredom
post Jun 5 2012, 03:06 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(Sethmaster @ Jun 5 2012, 11:32 AM)
seems like someone not playing original games......
because due to certain features in most games, everyone just log in whenever they start-up their PS3.
This is common knowledge for people who play original PS3 games.
so no issue with DRM and online always part for PS3 gamers who play original games.
Facepalm! doh.gif
smatdesa
post Jun 5 2012, 03:27 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

While a lot of PS3 can be offline/online mode, this is not true for D3.

D3 is fully online. Has something to do with the way Real money auction house works.

Technically, you're not buying DIablo3 to own it. You are leasing server space from Blizzards for characters to be stored on their online servers and accessing it.
Joey Christensen
post Jun 5 2012, 04:42 PM

Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum
3,645 posts

QUOTE(zororo @ Jun 5 2012, 02:54 PM)
really wei...ppl from countries with slower connection cannot fully enjoice the game.... sad.gif
I agree. It hampers down the gaming experience and worst of all, those that without Internet connectivity will not be able to play it even though they have a PS3 system in their home. It's really dim witted in a way, honestly. Gaming is very much like education, it should be made accessible to all in a very convenient way.
zororo
post Jun 5 2012, 04:56 PM

Casual
366 posts

QUOTE(Joey Christensen @ Jun 5 2012, 04:42 PM)
I agree. It hampers down the gaming experience and worst of all, those that without Internet connectivity will not be able to play it even though they have a PS3 system in their home. It's really dim witted in a way, honestly. Gaming is very much like education, it should be made accessible to all in a very convenient way.
those people wanted to fight piracy lahh.....but if they place a lower price on their games there wont be piracy lahh....
and if it is really ported for ps3 i think i wont buy it lah, as i've already have it on pc...but thats not the main reason i wont buy...

i wont buy cuz i alwiz fall asleep when playing it, just click, click and click. you cannot roll, dodge or even change skills (got cool down when change) ...lolz
TSVixxas
post Jun 5 2012, 06:15 PM

10 posts

sure can change skills and all, they've port it to PS3 sure make all control can be access through DS3 one.
vivakarna
post Jun 5 2012, 07:43 PM

Regular
1,359 posts

d3 will become like gow kinda gameplay?
cycheah
post Jun 5 2012, 08:02 PM

Getting Started
205 posts

guys.. give sethmaster some breathing space... he may have misintepret 3ternal's sentence...

@sethmaster... i believe you own 3ternal an apology. not all PS3 games require online in order to play singleplayer mode. Multiplayer... YES! All of us here only support original game only. If you talk about can't online update firmware, yes... that will effect jailbreak-ed PS3

QUOTE(vivakarna @ Jun 5 2012, 07:43 PM)
d3 will become like gow kinda gameplay?
doh.gif
it is like dungeon hunter or Dungeon Siege III

This post has been edited by cycheah: Jun 5 2012, 08:15 PM
cardtrick89
post Jun 5 2012, 08:04 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

make it cross-play with PC then ill buy the PS3 version(for the 2nd time), just like how PS3 Portal 2 can co-op with PC.
TSVixxas
post Jun 5 2012, 09:01 PM

10 posts

relax, don't go bashing on anyone.

PS3 single player games do not require always-online connection, but recommended to have. games like Mass Effect 3 recommends to have connected internet to have the Military power, and Fifa. but do not require always-online to play. but for multiplayer, duhhhh~

relax, not one at fault here. just a bit of misunderstanding. and most of the people here support original smile.gif
Hezegroth
post Jun 5 2012, 10:48 PM

Miqo'te
568 posts

d3 creep and boss control by the server, always online needed. is just another wow. dunno how they gonna port this
TSVixxas
post Jun 5 2012, 11:00 PM

10 posts

but the Blizzard is not stating a port to Xbox360, meaning this could be a PS3 exclusive.
Joey Christensen
post Jun 6 2012, 12:30 AM

Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum
3,645 posts

QUOTE(zororo @ Jun 5 2012, 04:56 PM)
those people wanted to fight piracy lahh.....but if they place a lower price on their games there wont be piracy lahh....
and if it is really ported for ps3 i think i wont buy it lah, as i've already have it on pc...but thats not the main reason i wont buy...

i wont buy cuz i alwiz fall asleep when playing it, just click, click and click. you cannot roll, dodge or even change skills (got cool down when change) ...lolz
Let's just say if someone doesn't have any Internet connectivity. So what does it leave them at? Please don't tell me that after I've spent about RM180+- for a game and soon after that I find myself couldn't play it because I do not have Internet access? That's pretty much left me dumbfounded.

Don't get me wrong, personally I would love to have the Single player mode for offline and Multiplayer mode via online. Best of both worlds. How much low is low? Lowering price is not the point here and it will never be the point of combating piracy. Please don't get me wrong but I think it's pretty much absurd to have single player mode that can be played when it is connected to the WWW.

Internet required or not, it's just my two pennies worth of thought. I'm anticipating the PS3 version of this game-Diablo3.
Sora
post Jun 6 2012, 10:05 AM

:D
2,574 posts

Don't forget, everything will be server based.

Even if they actually do port it to the PS3, they'll need to migrate or actually make a duplicate for just the PSN.
Not sure how they'll do that but even if they do, it'll take at least another year for them to do it judging from how Blizzard does their things.
snipersnake
post Jun 6 2012, 11:24 AM

typical abah
2,652 posts

QUOTE(Vixxas @ Jun 5 2012, 11:00 PM)
but the Blizzard is not stating a port to Xbox360, meaning this could be a PS3 exclusive.
that would time time. technically and financially speaking, its easier and faster to port D3 to 360.
3ternal
post Jun 6 2012, 12:34 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(snipersnake @ Jun 6 2012, 11:24 AM)
that would time time. technically and financially speaking, its easier and faster to port D3 to 360.
I don't think so...just because D3 was in PC doesn't mean that it would be faster to port in a console which belongs Microsoft...

Technically, the XBL and PSN are seperate networks/servers of thier own and thus Blizzard will have to colaborate with either networks to integrate thier servers thorugh this networks...and perhaps the reason that D3 will be coming to the PS3 1st could be because Blizzard have made made a contract agreement with Sony 1st? It's merely my speculation though

This post has been edited by 3ternal: Jun 6 2012, 12:45 PM
ESLord
post Jun 6 2012, 02:14 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(Joey Christensen @ Jun 5 2012, 12:20 PM)
I think it's kind of stupid to have it in an online basis even for single player mode.
well, it is also kind of stupid to take 11 year to develop D3 which i see no different than D2.
Probably 11 year to make online seamless, but a necessity requirement in preventing piracy??

I am selling off my copy soon....

And, it does not benefit $ony, it will not happen

nwk
post Jun 6 2012, 02:37 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

QUOTE(ESLord @ Jun 6 2012, 02:14 PM)
well, it is also kind of stupid to take 11 year to develop D3 which i see no different than D2.
Probably 11 year to make online seamless, but a necessity requirement in preventing piracy??

I am selling off my copy soon....

And, it does not benefit $ony, it will not happen
It will benefit Sony by having an active internet connection to PSN for anyone who wants to play it.

Capcom already did this with Final Fight & there's nothing to stop Blizzard from doing the same to the PS3 version of D3 if they decide to make a port.

btw, I agree with you that taking 11 years to make a game that looks no different from D2 is really stupid. I am wondering why so many people still support this stupid developer after waiting 11 years. whistling.gif

This post has been edited by nwk: Jun 6 2012, 03:01 PM
Sora
post Jun 6 2012, 03:14 PM

:D
2,574 posts

To be frank, they took 6 years to develop it not 11/12 years.

This post has been edited by Sora: Jun 6 2012, 03:15 PM

56 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0242sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:36 PM