Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

56 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games Diablo III (PS3/PS4), PS4 version announced

views

TSVixxas
post Jun 5 2012, 12:39 AM, updated 12y ago

10 posts

Diablo 3 on PlayStation 3 has been listed by German online retailer RedCoon.

Product details state the game will offer "Multiplayer support via Battle.net, with opportunities for cooperative and competitive" play. The game is not listed for Xbox 360. If authentic, this could be simply be an oversight, or perhaps an indication the console version Diablo III could be a PS3 exclusive.

There have been rumours of Blizzard's RPG coming to consoles for a while now. Last year a job listing appeared on Blizzard's site for a "Senior Producer, Console Diablo 3". And earlier this year, Blizzard community manager Micah “Bashiok” Whipple said on Twitter that Josh Mosqueira - the game's lead designer - was also leading the Diablo console project. Blizzard was quick to downplay a console version of Diablo, however, saying that Bashiok's tweet was merely "confirmation that we’re actively exploring the possibility of developing a console version of Diablo III, as we’ve mentioned in the past,” and "not a confirmation that Diablo III is coming to any console platform.”

If this is more than a simple mistake, expect details at Sony's E3 Press Conference today Sony (6.00pm PST/9.00pm EST/2.00am BST/3.00am CEST/11.00am AEST).
From IGN

user posted image

Original Source

If it comes true, then truly we don't have any souls anymore to live.

This post has been edited by Ninja: Oct 21 2014, 08:38 PM
nate_nightroad
post Jun 5 2012, 12:45 AM

Endless numbered days...
3,534 posts

Megusta
deyamato
post Jun 5 2012, 01:22 AM

Casual
417 posts

wheres the ign source ? i only can see pre-ordered which is not confirm yet.
Adryan
post Jun 5 2012, 04:09 AM

23 posts

I wouldn't mind getting it then!
3ternal
post Jun 5 2012, 09:40 AM

28 posts

Great...if the DRM system of "ALWAYS ONLINE" they impose for the PC version comes to the console version as well...it will jam up thier servers more and thus we will definately see the infamous Error 37/30006/30007 on the PS3 as well!!
Sethmaster
post Jun 5 2012, 10:10 AM

Casual
301 posts

QUOTE(3ternal @ Jun 5 2012, 09:40 AM)
Great...if the DRM system of "ALWAYS ONLINE" they impose for the PC version comes to the console version as well...it will jam up thier servers more and thus we will definately see the infamous Error 37/30006/30007 on the PS3 as well!!
Nope.jpg

If you are truly a PS3 gamer, you will know that you ARE ALWAYS ONLINE when gaming in ps3.
Almost all current games already implement that using Playstation Network.
One more game to implement that mean shit nothing.

Especially when in PS3, most publishers use Sony servers.
3ternal
post Jun 5 2012, 11:14 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(Sethmaster @ Jun 5 2012, 10:10 AM)
Nope.jpg

If you are truly a PS3 gamer, you will know that you ARE ALWAYS ONLINE when gaming in ps3.
Almost all current games already implement that using Playstation Network.
One more game to implement that mean shit nothing.

Especially when in PS3, most publishers use Sony servers.
Dude...u do know that currently, in order to play D3 even for the SINGLEPLAYER mode, u must always connect to their servers via battlenet?

Battlenet and PSN are 2 different networks all together, as of todate, we are still not clear as to how Blizzard is going to collaborate with Sony to integrate thier servers with PSN yet, but anything is possible yes?

And BTW, playing games on the PS3 doesn't require us to be always online, heck, we all can play our PS3 games offline anyhow, it is the multiplayer function that require us to be online via the PSN
Sethmaster
post Jun 5 2012, 11:32 AM

Casual
301 posts

QUOTE(3ternal @ Jun 5 2012, 11:14 AM)
Dude...u do know that currently, in order to play D3 even for the SINGLEPLAYER mode, u must always connect to their servers via battlenet?

Battlenet and PSN are 2 different networks all together, as of todate, we are still not clear as to how Blizzard is going to collaborate with Sony to integrate thier servers with PSN yet, but anything is possible yes?

And BTW, playing games on the PS3 doesn't require us to be always online, heck, we all can play our PS3 games offline anyhow, it is the multiplayer function that require us to be online via the PSN
seems like someone not playing original games......
because due to certain features in most games, everyone just log in whenever they start-up their PS3.
This is common knowledge for people who play original PS3 games.
so no issue with DRM and online always part for PS3 gamers who play original games.
blah2blah
post Jun 5 2012, 11:40 AM

Enthusiast
741 posts

eh. i also no connect to psn when i play my game. maybe i didn't play the new game like future recon that will auto login to sen? correct me if i wrong.
Sora
post Jun 5 2012, 11:47 AM

:D
2,574 posts

QUOTE(Sethmaster @ Jun 5 2012, 11:32 AM)
because due to certain features in most games, everyone just log in whenever they start-up their PS3.
so no issue with DRM and online always part for PS3 gamers who play original games.
I'm not sure what are you smoking there but I'm not grasping the idea of how did you come up with that conclusion of accusing someone that he's not playing original games simply because he wants to play a game offline(or not being signed in to PSN) on the PS3.

One does not go to full retard bro.
soul_fly9900
post Jun 5 2012, 11:48 AM

Getting Started
148 posts

Bro seth, I think you misinterpret what 3ternal was trying to say.
For D3 not only you must have an active internet connection, but you must also be connected with blizzard battlenet server to actually start playing the game at all times.
This is also a must even for a single player gameplay. Heck you can even get lag in an SP game in Diablo 3 if your internet is messed up from what i read in there thread.

Now what 3ternal was trying to say that even if your internet is down, you can still play your PS3 games, but in certain PC games which imposes must be online to play, means if your internet is down you cant play the game at all even if it's only a single player game, in fact certain games if you lose your internet connection it will kick you out of the game.
post Jun 5 2012, 11:48 AM

Regular
1,445 posts

dunno i think this game not that good anyway.... finish the D3 in pc and up till nightmare act 2.
deyamato
post Jun 5 2012, 11:49 AM

Casual
417 posts

D3 is the only game even single player must go online;its not bout never play original ;usually single player games dont need to online; to d3 becoz of security prevent piracy.

3ternal
post Jun 5 2012, 11:54 AM

28 posts

Why do you assume that playing PS3 games offline = not playing original games?

While i do acknowledge that some PS3 games of a certain Genre, like an mmorpg which is for example, FF14 will require full internet connection to play the game..simple because it's a MMO...perhaps other games as well like the FPS genre or some Action games will require constant internet connection but i can't say which for certain because i have not come across those games myself yet..biggrin.gif But i do know that myself being mostly a RPG gamer will definately not require constant connection to the PSN Network

Perhaps my earlier argument was not very clear to you...my first statement earlier was being a sarcastic remark on the game's problem with the PC version whereby upon the game's launch they were having problems with thier servers to support the many gamers who tried to log-in and play the game the very least..

Added on June 5, 2012, 11:56 am
QUOTE(soul_fly9900 @ Jun 5 2012, 11:48 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Thank you for the clarification bro cheers!!

Added on June 5, 2012, 12:02 pm
QUOTE(deyamato @ Jun 5 2012, 11:49 AM)
D3 is the only game even single player must go online;its not bout never play original ;usually single player games dont need to online; to d3 becoz of security prevent piracy.
Well i don't think that piracy should be the full issue here...it's also right to say that Blizzard wants people to use thier evil "AUCTION HOUSE" system...15% earnings on the tax dood

This post has been edited by 3ternal: Jun 5 2012, 12:02 PM
nwk
post Jun 5 2012, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

i am not a big fan of diablo but what you just said is completely wrong.

currently there is only 1 PS3 game that i know of that needs an active internet connection to play & that is Capcom's Final Fight.

With the exception of MMORPGs like DC Universe, all other games released so far can be played offline.

This post has been edited by nwk: Jun 5 2012, 12:10 PM
Domomo
post Jun 5 2012, 12:10 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(nwk @ Jun 5 2012, 12:08 PM)
i am not a big fan of diablo but what you just said is completely wrong.

currently there is only 1 PS3 game that i know of that needs an active internet connection to play & that is Capcom's Final Fight.

All other games released so far can be played offline.
i think dragon dogma uses internet connection constantly
nwk
post Jun 5 2012, 12:11 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

QUOTE(Domomo @ Jun 5 2012, 12:10 PM)
i think dragon dogma uses internet connection constantly
dragon dogma can be played offline. you only need to go online if you want to share your pawn or hire other people's pawn.
skypie
post Jun 5 2012, 12:18 PM

34 posts

lol when they come D3 is outdated
Joey Christensen
post Jun 5 2012, 12:20 PM

Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum
3,645 posts

I think it's kind of stupid to have it in an online basis even for single player mode.
Mgsrulz
post Jun 5 2012, 12:39 PM

30 years of Metal Gear
All Stars
14,258 posts

lol sethmaster epic fail

56 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0215sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:11 PM