Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PROTON SAGA BLM, FL, FLX CLUB V23 - Dead or Alive!

views

lhwj
post May 18 2012, 01:24 AM

1 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

You finally did it! thumbup.gif

PS Add my car to the owner's list, will ya? White manual 1.3 SE

lhwj
post May 18 2012, 01:56 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(helldagger @ May 18 2012, 01:52 AM)
guys why now suddenly my car got no sound d if i lock or unlock the door... usually got the sound teet teet... just few days only my car's age sad.gif
You've disabled it. Press and hold both buttons on the remote, wait for the lights to blink four times and the sound should be back. Personally, I like it silent. Don't wanna tell the whole world that I'm locking or unlocking.

QUOTE(V12Kompressor @ May 18 2012, 01:44 AM)
happy butt-day
Thanks biggrin.gif Yeah my butt is one year older now...
lhwj
post May 18 2012, 09:39 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(dares @ May 18 2012, 08:22 AM)
Happy birdday man. May your bird and butt live long and prosper  doh.gif
sweat.gif notworthy.gif

QUOTE(dares @ May 18 2012, 09:08 AM)
IT IS STILL NORMAL.  tongue.gif
It will FOREVER be normal unless you mod the door tongue.gif

TBH I don't care, cos I drive alone like 90% of the time, and even then my rear passengers won't want to wind down the window, so nobody cares that it can't go down all the way. Heck I think the only person who's ever wound down the rear window is my father tongue.gif (original BLM has retro manual hand crank rear windows icon_idea.gif) Power windows in front is good enough for me (very reliable, even though I use them every day), so definitely the right decision to save cost there. Others who use it as a family car will disagree, of course.

This post has been edited by lhwj: May 18 2012, 09:39 AM
lhwj
post May 18 2012, 09:49 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(r3apers @ May 18 2012, 09:40 AM)
FL or FLX?
Neither. Original GAGA brows.gif

lhwj
post May 18 2012, 10:37 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(foo0110 @ May 18 2012, 10:32 AM)
Just replaced my missing antenna at 2nd service, it is so scary expensive....RM98 for that thin stick....
I heard a similar replacement antenna from Perodua is much, much cheaper than that. But you've already bought yours sweat.gif
lhwj
post May 18 2012, 10:58 AM

1 posts

My antenna lives in my glovebox ph34r.gif
lhwj
post May 19 2012, 11:16 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(dares @ May 19 2012, 11:07 PM)
No chance. drive out the dealership immediately started to rain, so U turn balik  doh.gif  doh.gif
So where did you park your FLX at the Perodua dealer? icon_idea.gif

Surprised that your rear brakes are giving so much trouble. I would have been pretty annoyed if that happened to me.

QUOTE(Emirates @ May 19 2012, 11:14 PM)

The brakes feel very wooden. Can i do anything to improve the feel N bite ?

I think they'll feel better once they're worn in after a bit of driving.

This post has been edited by lhwj: May 19 2012, 11:17 PM
lhwj
post May 19 2012, 11:49 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(dares @ May 19 2012, 11:25 PM)
Of course I park far far away. If the SA realize I just bought a new Proton, don't think he'll layan me  laugh.gif

Hmmmm I wonder what you would have said if he asked what car you're currently driving tongue.gif

Speaking of brakes and Perodua, looks like word about Maivee's stock brakes being rubbish is true. I had to press quite deep before the car slows down. Can't imagine driving at speed and needing to stop in a hurry.
Maybe you're too used to our brakes. I do realise our brakes do bite pretty abruptly, other cars I've driven like the Kamry and Volvo also need to be pressed quite far before it starts to bite properly. Much more progressive. It's been ages since I last drove a Maivee so I can't remember how it felt like. But if you're saying that the LBLP can't brake hard even when you press it to the max then I guess you're right.

QUOTE(Emirates @ May 19 2012, 11:31 PM)
Thanks lhwj and dares for yr replies.

The brakes feel like hard N not spongy enough N does not slow the car down fast enough. I feel like there shud be more feel like gradual slowing down of the car when u brake. Hope i explained clearly. thanks guys
It's the characteristic of the car, I guess. If you're still not happy with the brakes by the first service or so then maybe change the pads or something. Perhaps others can advise you on this.

lhwj
post May 20 2012, 07:34 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(dares @ May 20 2012, 06:04 PM)

Added on May 20, 2012, 6:51 pmKena chased away from the Viva thread.

Either they dont welcome Saga ppl, or my personal reputation precedes me dry.gif
Just read the exchange. That was really uncalled for doh.gif Your comments had nothing to do with the car.
lhwj
post May 21 2012, 12:01 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(davidke20 @ May 20 2012, 11:50 AM)
Bt the way, remove your 1st fuelly for the empty tank whilst you receive your car with empty tank, you'll get a 99.999% accurate reading instead. it doesn't make sense for 12km for 29litres of petrol. Your car is fairly good FC if you remove that 1st column.
QUOTE(mieza @ May 20 2012, 08:20 PM)
Does 1st reading include..? Coz I already tick it as partial fill..
You wouldn't have this problem if you enter odometer readings instead of trip meter readings, because then Fuelly would start calculating consumption only from the second fuel-up onwards. But it's too late to change now unsure.gif

QUOTE(zeone @ May 20 2012, 03:36 PM)
Ok, Bro...
Juz took pics juz 4yu... brows.gif

For Bros who hv lost their antennae...
This maybe "cheapo" (but looks nice & feels solid) antenna is sold in Pacific/The Store....
Only RM13.90...comes with 2 different sized connecting screws AND 3 interchangeable colour heads!!!  rclxm9.gif

Compared with RM98 for Ori (some1 bought/posted here recently)...feel this is a very good buy... tongue.gif

Sorry tho...kenot test on my FL cos my Ori is still there!!
Hope it stays there...juz a standby precaution nia...
Me famous for having "spares" wan... rolleyes.gif

ps. There is a shorter but more stubby antenna for the same price. NO interchangeable heads but still with different attachment screws.
Eh why got red sticker one? I'll check those screws later.

QUOTE(zeone @ May 20 2012, 04:02 PM)
Only RM50/100 for NEW drumbrake & labour charges?

Bro...that's VERY CHEAP man!!!  rclxm9.gif
Pleez dun complain, ok?  icon_rolleyes.gif

ps. My ole gen Saga Ori one costs RM400 each!! NOT including labour!!! sweat.gif
I think his point was, there shouldn't be any brake problems in the first place. No problem, no complaint thumbup.gif

QUOTE(davidke20 @ May 20 2012, 11:56 PM)
I practice left foot braking(learn from Initial D Knight Kids Civic)...
On a manual? blink.gif
lhwj
post May 21 2012, 12:09 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(davidke20 @ May 21 2012, 12:06 AM)
Engage 2nd gear release clutch, whilst driving about 30km/h, semi jam the brake and rev up continue driving. Any problem with that? blink.gif
Nonewhatsoever biggrin.gif
lhwj
post May 21 2012, 10:57 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(kongjong @ May 21 2012, 09:57 AM)
lhwj got me right. cheers, bro. it just kinda annoying whenever u press the brake, sound come. isnt it a function of horn, instead of brake?!!! hahaha.... tongue.gif
You're right, the only noise I expect to hear from the car are from the engine, wind and tyre. Any other squeal, rattling dan lain-lain will crank me up. I'm just glad that after 19 months and 39,000 km, the only problem I had was a broken gear spring, which was fixed at the next service.

QUOTE(zeone @ May 21 2012, 10:13 AM)
Hi & Good morning, Everyone!! notworthy.gif

From most of posts involving probs in Proton cars, believe mostly due2 Vendors trying 2make highest profits from supply of parts.
This, indirectly, is due2 low prices offered by Proton. Yup, it's that "vicious" cycle in material world in Life.
No escape wan. sad.gif

If lucky, there wld b those few vendors who are happy enuf with minimal profit margin but more emphasis on integrity in their ventures. If so, then that batch of cars wld get better made parts.  tongue.gif

In ole Saga days, it was widely known that there were 2 groups of vendors...a better supplier for higher end variants! rolleyes.gif
As such, buyers of lower end variants eg std specs cars, wld b fitted with lower quality items supplied @lower costs...thus more probs. sad.gif

However, it now appears it's a totally new scenario cos even top end variants eg FLX SE also suffer similar fate!!
Phew... doh.gif sweat.gif

Added on May 21, 2012, 10:21 amps. Me sympathise with all Bros hving drum brake probs.
Drum brakes are "ancient" tech. Frankly there shld b NO probs watsoever being very ole tested tech.
So only obvious reason is low quality item supplied by vendor!! For FLXs! Cos no such probs faced by BLMs/FLs.... sad.gif
You know, I wonder if DRB Hicom's recent purchase of Proton will have any effect on quality, because I read somewhere that DRB will change a lot of the suppliers to their own ones.
lhwj
post May 21 2012, 11:23 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(kongjong @ May 21 2012, 11:04 AM)
well, lhwj, this makes lot of senses. thumbup.gif
Don't get your hopes too high, it's merely a rumour tongue.gif

Here

DRB-HICOM has been cutting costs in all areas and has indicated that it would further rationalise vendors that Proton outsources from.

"That said, we see a long gestation period as this will involve revamping a supply chain of more than 250 vendors, with an estimated 32 of the Proton vendors being Tier 1 suppliers/system integrators, and the rest, tier 2 or tier 3 suppliers, supplying more than 4,000 components.

"We reckon the rationalisation of the vendor network alone could take at least a year, considering that new production lines also need to be set up," OSK said.

But this is contrary to the above article. Bummer.

This post has been edited by lhwj: May 21 2012, 11:31 AM
lhwj
post May 21 2012, 01:35 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(zamanjaafar @ May 21 2012, 01:22 PM)
well, almost 3 weeks using my 1.3 flx and so far so good.  but....

just one thing : sometimes when from P to R the gear stalk snaps in place proper, but the Reverse gear is not engaged.  When i release the brake and press the accelerator it goes forward, likely in neutral or forward, but not R.

After reset to P and then R for either once or twice, only then it reverse as usual
Bahaya ni ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by lhwj: May 21 2012, 01:36 PM
lhwj
post May 22 2012, 06:53 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(V12Kompressor @ May 22 2012, 05:58 PM)
during engine braking, the ECU actually cut off fuel supply to the engine and the engine is running on lean mode.
True for manual for sure. Because while coasting downhill in gear without stepping on any pedals, if I step on the accelerator I can feel the engine come back to life (start running on its own again). I turn to my friends then and tell them I'm using zero fuel at the moment rclxms.gif That's why I always hantam those people who tell me they coast downhill in neutral doh.gif (unless their car has carburettor)

What about CVT and 4 speed auto?
lhwj
post May 22 2012, 07:08 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(V12Kompressor @ May 22 2012, 06:56 PM)
same

foot off throttle, TCU senses a downhill slope downshift to the most appropriate lowest gear (4AT) or TCU shrink the ratio (CVT), ECU cuts fuel to the engine, engine in lean mode. Can only hear engine humming, but actually exhaust has no sound (since no fuel or little fuel = no or little combustion)
In that case, the exhaust will be emitting clean air, right? Since there's no combustion, the engine is just sucking in air and pumping it out again through the exhaust.

Wait, the throttle is almost closed completely while coasting. So not very much air really.

This post has been edited by lhwj: May 22 2012, 07:10 PM
lhwj
post May 22 2012, 07:20 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(zukjka @ May 22 2012, 07:13 PM)
I didn't see any significant different before 1k service and after 1k service on my.RM50 can only get me merely 230km~250km or is there any way can be twist to increase?
Still very new lah. Wait until 10,000 km for it to stabilise. The usual tricks apply, light right foot, coast downhill, avoid traffic jams, don't drive short distances, correct tyre pressure (I personally overinflate slightly), etc. All mentioned above by V12.

This post has been edited by lhwj: May 22 2012, 07:30 PM
lhwj
post May 22 2012, 08:57 PM

1 posts

Manual or auto, RPM doesn't really matter when down hill. Just beware of OVER DRAGGED of long running lean(more air VS less fuel mixture) that causes overheating to the head gasket.
Eh but when coasting downhill there's no combustion, so the only heat produced is from compressing the air. Will that overheat the gasket?

You're really entertaining as usual rclxms.gif
lhwj
post May 22 2012, 11:39 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(davidke20 @ May 22 2012, 10:51 PM)
There is combustian. Kan dah sakap idling masih supply minimal fuel so the engine won't stall? As of 0 combustion, during downhill you turn your key switch off. I'll see you in hell. nod.gif

Wait wait, I thought when coasting the fuel supply is totally cut off and the wheels drive the engine? So everything works as normal except there's no combustion? rclxub.gif

Not sure whether your "entertaining" have any sarcasm between the line, but I take it as a compliment then. Since you think my knowledge is "entertainment", might as well give you another story brows.gif

It's a compliment biggrin.gif Post more often please thumbup.gif

Have you seen people battery weak, then get some buddy to push the car to running speed, say 15~20kmh. Suddenly engage 2nd gear and release clutch to choke up the engine? This is an EXACT reverse logic of the downhill FC panaroma. The chain reaction is, when your wheels are spinning, if TRANSMISSION(take note, gear box transmit engine torque to wheels to create momentum, thats why it named that way) engaged, torque from wheel will pass back to clutch. Clutch that disengaged snap on the flywheel, then the flywheel turn the crankshaft. Crankshaft received force to mobilize the conrod. Finally your piston pushed all the way up to the top and compressed any air/fuel inside the engine. When piston reaches the top, air/fuel mixture reached its....damn can't remember the scientific name, think its combustion point. Then the mixture self ignite. Then the car ma start liao lo.

Ahh, push starting. Yah, I tried that before, on a friend's car, when the battery died. Wasn't successful though, in the end jump-starting worked.

Isn't what you described how diesels work? In that case we don't need spark plugs any more, on petrol engines? hmm.gif

Today mia Z1 manyak fierce wor shocking.gif This is the 2nd sarcastic post in 1 day shocking.gif
Maybe the earlier sign0006.gif discussion got to him tongue.gif

This post has been edited by lhwj: May 22 2012, 11:39 PM
lhwj
post May 23 2012, 01:35 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(davidke20 @ May 23 2012, 12:35 AM)
Your friend's bat3 already KO la. Even if the 1st push start ignite the engine, but bat3 not enuf powah to spark the plug, how to continue leh. Jump start a total KO bat3 can actually chain react the alternator, once the car started can self rely on the dynamo instead of the bat3. Push start is for weak bat3 or KO starter(provided the car's other component is entirely normal).

Won't work. Diesel engine compression ultrahai! Piston hard until can crack the floor. Diesel is designed to run with hai torg, nothing to do with horse powah. A normal diesel 1.4 engine can easily generates 20kg/mm torque, but a petrol engine wanna get 14kg/mm also dai hard². The other way round, normal 1.4 diesel engine can only gets around 30hp blink.gif Whereas, by increasing compression of a same displacement petrol engine can easily achieve 100hp/litre icon_idea.gif (not to mention side effects of overheat, valve hitting piston, crack engine head, unbalanced camshaft/crankshaft...etc). Btw, due to the compression/diesel is hard to ignite, and also the ultra strength of diesel engine, if the diesel engine is running at NORMAL, fuel consumption is normally 1/3 of petrol only notworthy.gif  Go fuelly and search for GOLF diesel, PASSAT diesel... oh the easiest 1 to find out locally is TOYOTA HIACE brows.gif I purposely prepare a gallon(RM6.75 worth of diesel) in the van, fill up full tank and drive the damn thing to deliver car parts with my friend. Needless to say, drive like a moron, cutting queue like any other van driver. Speed like no tomorrow. Every greenlight also do wheel spin + redline(3800rpm nia). Until we stall at the roadside, dashboard clocked at 999.8 shakehead.gif (was going to push it 200 meter to get 1000, but it just won't do it). After that, added my gallon of spare fuel, I can only push in another RM89 worth of diesel at nearby gas station. Another good review diesel powered monster is ISUZU D-MAX. I've heard many crazy FC story about it, but haven't get to test 1 by myself. blink.gif

All in all, petrol powered vehicle give better response, easy to drive, easy to maintain, low emission, quieter, more horses. Call me Singh AlinGam, but I used to modified my own ride back in the old days in kampong. There is no enough budget to purchase performance part or to hire mechanic. The best we do is rent a place at the mech and work together with them during weekend, or take leave when necessarily. cool.gif

I think for my driving style, I'd take diesel's high torque any time. Yes I'm aware of diesel's amazing fuel economy, and I wished we'd get Euro 4 ASAP so that we can import those awesome diesel models from Europe. Seen some car reviews in Autocar, some diesel cars can easily do 1,000+ km on one tank.

On a side note, there was once when I was washing my bearings in a pale of diesel, a pretty gal walk past and a lite cigarettes drop into my pale shocking.gif  then the cig got put out sweat.gif phew... from that experience I know how hard it is to ignite diesel.

Hope your waiful didn't see that tongue.gif

Diana was killed in a S280 with a S600 badge back in 1997. None of the occupants wearing seat belt.
That's what I tell my friends who don't want to buckle up. Diana would be alive today if she did.

QUOTE(iXora.ix @ May 23 2012, 12:13 PM)
aiyoo dares.. now my car 5500km already.. i scared about the 1k,5k,10k thinggy already... hahaha..

should i wait 6k or can go now? haha cause if i go now at cose .. nanti dier complain pula more than 5k already.. $%^&*

i am confused :'(
Those figures are merely guidelines. As long as you don't skip one whole service (eg first service at 5,000 km) it's all right. My first service was done at about 1,700 km and I'm normally late by about 1,000 km for the others but my engine is still running fine.

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0430sec    0.37    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:12 PM