Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Photography Wanna buy New Camera? Undecided which to choose?V5, Please read first page before posting!!!

views

rayzrblade
post Feb 10 2012, 12:21 AM

You are nobody in cyberworld
5,040 posts

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Digital Compact Camera

Budget: Below RM1100

Your Location: KL

Preferable brand : Nikon / Sony

Type of photography u want to do : Daily shots. not portraits shot of course.

Any specific models in mind? : - CoolPix S6200 / Sony Hx7V / coolpix L120 / coolpix s9100

Any specific features u want? : - more than 5x zoom. good night shots.

This post has been edited by rayzrblade: Feb 10 2012, 01:23 AM
rayzrblade
post Feb 10 2012, 01:27 AM

You are nobody in cyberworld
5,040 posts

QUOTE(sniper on the roof @ Feb 10 2012, 01:14 AM)
Can't say about the others but I just gotten myself a HX9V which is quite similar to the HX7V. Image quality should be the same.
As a general purpose camera.. I suppose its ok if you're not that picky. It's decent for facebook and web use up to 1024pixel resolution. At bigger resolutions .. then not so nice liao compared to enthuasiast compacts like the XZ-1 and the S90.

Just took these today while play play with the camera... click on the spoiler. See if it's acceptable to you or not... they're non-edited ... just resized.

One thing though, the steadyshot on active mode is really powerful. Video is awesome on this little camera.

At midnight
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

At Noon... zoomed out... cloudy day.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Added on February 10, 2012, 1:21 am

Sounds good.. though the 17-50mm Tamron autofocus speed will perform below par if the outer focus points on the 60D is used. It's a known issue.
Most every-thing proof camera's aren't THAT good lo.. so I suggest a second hand Sony TX5 (click on the spoiler) or a Kodak ZX5 which kinda a fun cheap camera. Don't expect miracles though in terms of image quality.

thanks for ur detailed reply.
i was really impressed with the night shots. first tested on my friends nex3. Handheld twillight is just great for night shots.
the zoom is a plus and 3d is just a gimmick.
cant really make up my choice yet.

is not comparing which specific model. nikon vs sony..which is better?
thanks.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0898sec    0.37    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:04 PM