Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official iPhone 4S Discussion Thread v6!, The Most Amazing iPhone Yet

views

VanDark88
post Jul 10 2012, 09:00 PM

38 posts

QUOTE(Eidilfitrix @ Jul 9 2012, 08:16 PM)
That was all just a show for entertainment, just as planned  thumbup.gif
Sure u did.. tongue.gif How about a next round? smile.gif haha.. kidding.. I predict it will be called.. Myphone.. hehe.. tongue.gif
andyfriends
post Jul 17 2012, 10:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,326 posts

my calender is not functioning well. the date of the fone shows 17.7 but the calender shows 16.7. can anyone advise how to solve the problem.
BRY7
post Jul 17 2012, 02:19 PM

Siri: I'm your humble personal assistant
7,924 posts

no v7 yet?
SkYY
post Jul 19 2012, 12:18 AM

Enthusiast
749 posts

I'm not sure where to ask, if this belongs to other place let me know.

I just got a new 4S from a guy who bought celcom plan, but don't want the phone. I remember seeing people post their screenshot of their iPhone info on iPhone website but when I key in the IMEI, it says:

"Please activate your iPhone

We are unable to display coverage details because your iPhone has not been activated.
Please contact your iPhone retailer or wireless carrier to activate your iPhone.
Find your wireless carrier and see your service options
Note: Warranty service does not depend on activating your iPhone. Please contact us for more information.

Have googled but I can't find it, what should I do to activate it?
Go celcom centre? (Want to make sure so that don't waste a trip down to celcom blue cube)."

And, if really have to go blue cube, which blue cube is better and faster etc? (Not a celcom user blush.gif )

Thanks everyone notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by SkYY: Jul 19 2012, 09:13 AM
Jing-leBelle
post Jul 19 2012, 09:51 AM

Very New Member
2,003 posts

QUOTE(SkYY @ Jul 19 2012, 12:18 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

What's the iOS? I suppose it's iOS 5 already?
Have you log in with your Apple ID and etc?
johnyap
post Jul 19 2012, 11:03 PM

16 posts

Hey all Sifus here, I am about to buy an Iphone 4s that is confirm new and sealed. However there is no receipt. May I know when will the 1 year warranty period start? I heard that it will start once i activate the iphone through itunes. Can anyone verify this? thanks! smile.gif
marfccy
post Jul 19 2012, 11:20 PM

Le Ponyland!!!
4,104 posts

QUOTE(johnyap @ Jul 19 2012, 11:03 PM)
Hey all Sifus here, I am about to buy an Iphone 4s that is confirm new and sealed. However there is no receipt. May I know when will the 1 year warranty period start? I heard that it will start once i activate the iphone through itunes. Can anyone verify this? thanks! smile.gif
Warranty period starts after u register ur phone serial no in Apple's website.

Err receipt is important in case u need claim warranty at local Apple resellers or telcos. Usually a service card from either Celcom, DiGi, or Maxis is given together with the iPhone's package. U can use the service card to claim warranty instead
johnyap
post Jul 19 2012, 11:34 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(marfccy @ Jul 19 2012, 11:20 PM)

Err receipt is important in case u need claim warranty at local Apple resellers or telcos. Usually a service card from either Celcom, DiGi, or Maxis is given together with the iPhone's package. U can use the service card to claim warranty instead
Thanks for the reply. I dont think i can claim the warranty from any telcos because its not under Maxis, Celcom or Digi. But I can claim warranty from Apple itself right? And the period of warranty starts when i activate the iphone? is it like that? hehe
WimpyKid
post Jul 19 2012, 11:40 PM

We fix your Devices!
2,673 posts

QUOTE(johnyap @ Jul 19 2012, 11:34 PM)
Thanks for the reply. I dont think i can claim the warranty from any telcos because its not under Maxis, Celcom or Digi. But I can claim warranty from Apple itself right? And the period of warranty starts when i activate the iphone? is it like that? hehe
Not from local telcos? From Apple online store? If overseas set i don't think you can claim locally here.
marfccy
post Jul 19 2012, 11:41 PM

Le Ponyland!!!
4,104 posts

QUOTE(johnyap @ Jul 19 2012, 11:34 PM)
Where did u bought it from? A far as i know, iPhone warranty is 'wherever u bought it, u need ho back to there for warranty(country)' like, u bought from Singapore, u claim at Singapore

While as for the claim warranty, as ive said previously, it starts once u registered at Apple's website
johnyap
post Jul 19 2012, 11:43 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(WimpyKid @ Jul 19 2012, 11:40 PM)
Not from local telcos? From Apple online store? If overseas set i don't think you can claim locally here.
Its not an overseas set. im getting it directly from a supplier, thats why theres no receipt. And im not sure where the source is from, but im 100% sure its original local set. smile.gif

Added on July 19, 2012, 11:45 pm
QUOTE(marfccy @ Jul 19 2012, 11:41 PM)
Where did u bought it from? A far as i know, iPhone warranty is 'wherever u bought it, u need ho back to there for warranty(country)' like, u bought from Singapore, u claim at Singapore

While as for the claim warranty, as ive said previously, it starts once u registered at Apple's website
Yup im aware that you have to claim it in the country where u bought it from. Its not an overseas set. im getting it directly from a supplier, thats why theres no receipt. And im not sure where the source is from, but im 100% sure its original local set. smile.gif

Can you elaborate more on the Apple website registration? Do i have to register for the warranty online or what? Thanks again.

This post has been edited by johnyap: Jul 19 2012, 11:45 PM
Aiman131
post Jul 19 2012, 11:45 PM

iFag
1,312 posts

v7 please smile.gif
marfccy
post Jul 20 2012, 01:24 AM

Le Ponyland!!!
4,104 posts

QUOTE(johnyap @ Jul 19 2012, 11:43 PM)
Its not an overseas set. im getting it directly from a supplier, thats why theres no receipt. And im not sure where the source is from, but im 100% sure its original local set. smile.gif

Yup im aware that you have to claim it in the country where u bought it from. Its not an overseas set. im getting it directly from a supplier, thats why theres no receipt. And im not sure where the source is from, but im 100% sure its original local set. smile.gif

Can you elaborate more on the Apple website registration? Do i have to register for the warranty online or what? Thanks again.
Do you have an appleid already?

If not, when uve connected to the iTunes, theyll prompt u to make a new one. After making one, when the iPhone is activated, thats when the warranty period starts. Also, if u registered ur product online at Apple website, the warranty will also start at that time

Refer to here to check your warranty period
https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do
SkYY
post Jul 20 2012, 01:48 AM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(Jing-leBelle @ Jul 19 2012, 10:51 AM)
What's the iOS? I suppose it's iOS 5 already?
Have you log in with your Apple ID and etc?
Ya it's 5.1.1.

I've tried creating an Apple ID but it keeps on popping 'an unknown error has occurred' everytime I finish filling up the details and click 'create', any idea what's wrong? icon_question.gif I've tried using different emails, and different browser.

QUOTE(marfccy @ Jul 20 2012, 12:20 AM)

Is registering the iphone serial in Apple's website a must for telco warranty?
Or a phone from Celcom with a warranty card and receipt is as good as it is? notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by SkYY: Jul 20 2012, 06:20 AM
marfccy
post Jul 20 2012, 02:13 AM

Le Ponyland!!!
4,104 posts

QUOTE(SkYY @ Jul 20 2012, 01:48 AM)
Is registering the iphone serial in Apple's website a must for telco warranty?
Or a phone from Celcom with a warranty card and receipt is as good as it is? notworthy.gif
usually the warranty card and receipt should suffice

But since after activation u more or less kinda registered thru the appleid edi so nt much diff
SUSKuLi
post Jul 20 2012, 08:04 AM

You won't like me when I'm angry
1,293 posts

QUOTE(johnyap @ Jul 19 2012, 11:43 PM)

Why don't u go and ask the supplier?
suadrif
post Jul 20 2012, 10:40 AM

<Safe Online Trader>
2,646 posts

can continue discussion here:
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f...0#entry53168543
siaoand1
post Dec 12 2012, 05:40 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

got a question,
how to make sure no water dmg?
of course, not lettin it to touch any water is one of them.
but som of my frens, their phones hav water dmg even though nvr touch water....i duno whether they r lying or not, but cant be all 7 of them are lying right? XD
thisisit
post Dec 12 2012, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

QUOTE(siaoand1 @ Dec 12 2012, 05:40 PM)
got a question,
how to make sure no water dmg?
of course, not lettin it to touch any water is one of them.
but som of my frens, their phones hav water dmg even though nvr touch water....i duno whether they r lying or not, but cant be all 7 of them are lying right? XD
There are sticker indicators inside the iPhone that checks for moisture. Check those iFixit teardown images to get some idea on that.

Once the sticker change color, it indicates that it has been affected by water. Those units won't be normally covered under Apple warranty.

This post has been edited by thisisit: Dec 12 2012, 09:50 PM
siaoand1
post Dec 13 2012, 12:31 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

...i hav to open the device??
blink.gif shocking.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0262sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:52 PM