Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Apple TV, Make the most of Apple TV

views

andrewtho
post Feb 27 2021, 10:57 AM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

I wonder if now is a good time to purchase Apple TV, although there's rumors of a new-generation in the pipeline.

Wishing for a Spatial Audio update (wishful) for the next gen.
aceedburn
post Feb 27 2021, 12:43 PM

Crazy Musicphile!
552 posts

I have an Apple TV 4 but it’s quite redundant now. I actually only use it for Apple Music since I got my Sony android tv. Everything else is on android tv so if you have an android tv, there’s no reason to get Apple TV anymore. Except for Apple Music. Even airplay works with android tv.
sampride
post Feb 27 2021, 02:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,188 posts

QUOTE(aceedburn @ Feb 27 2021, 12:43 PM)
I have an Apple TV 4 but it’s quite redundant now. I actually only use it for Apple Music since I got my Sony android tv. Everything else is on android tv so if you have an android tv, there’s no reason to get Apple TV anymore. Except for Apple Music. Even airplay works with android tv.
of course there is still reason to use apple tv. apple store movie has 4k with atmos sound.
andrewtho
post Feb 27 2021, 05:45 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(aceedburn @ Feb 27 2021, 12:43 PM)
So I just got the Apple TV 4K today and been pretty amazed by it. I'm also using a Sony Android TV, X90H to be exact.

However, sideloading non-Malaysian apps are a pain - such as HBO Max and Disney+, I can just switch to my US account to download the app officially via Apple TV and I can now use my AirPods Max for wireless listening instead only listening via my Soundbar.

Pretty nifty device, very smooth interface, quite happy with it. Will probably get the next-gen if they support Spatial Audio.
aceedburn
post Feb 27 2021, 08:27 PM

Crazy Musicphile!
552 posts

QUOTE(andrewtho @ Feb 27 2021, 05:45 PM)
So I just got the Apple TV 4K today and been pretty amazed by it. I'm also using a Sony Android TV, X90H to be exact.

However, sideloading non-Malaysian apps are a pain - such as HBO Max and Disney+, I can just switch to my US account to download the app officially via Apple TV and I can now use my AirPods Max for wireless listening instead only listening via my Soundbar.

Pretty nifty device, very smooth interface, quite happy with it. Will probably get the next-gen if they support Spatial Audio.
Nice. Enjoy. Mine is Apple TV HD so my android tv is a much have option for HDR and 4K content. Don’t intend to buy the 4K Apple TV as the android tv does it all beautifully anyway. And all my music is stored in my NAS anyway.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.78    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:16 PM