Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages « < 5 6 7 8 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Eczema treatment

views

lpark
post Nov 12 2014, 01:37 PM

23 posts

have you tried Truveno? I heard it works well for people with skin problems like Eczema and Psoriasis
simonhtz
post Dec 1 2014, 03:20 PM

Casual
312 posts

30+ male here. Been suffering eczema for 10 years plus. Scratching was so bad, skin infection is very common for me.

I find diet is quite important when it comes to eczema. This is purely anecdotal but I was in Turkey for 2 weeks and all I have for their Turkish style buffet breakfast is a lot of fresh fruits, cucumber and tomato, and other stuff like bread and eggs. Their food over there consist a lot of cucumber and tomato, dairy products and meat.

I find that my skin improved a lot. Probably nutrition and anti-dioxidant is important for eczema sufferers. When I came back to KL, I'm back to my crappy Chinese-stalls-theme-high-carb-high-fat-low-protein-low-vege-diet for lunch and dinner. My eczema returned with a vengeance.

The bread-and-butter cream I use is Benosone.
BernardSG
post Dec 30 2014, 11:59 AM

3 posts

Came across this post while searching for Malaysians with eczema. To my surprise I am glad to know I am not alone.

I am 21 and have been suffering from eczema my whole life. The one thing I realise currently is that steroid, or corticolsteroid is very bad for us. Yes I do know it helps, but in the past 3 months I took about 4 jabs (injections from the doctor) and almost a lifetime of steroid cream and now after stopping it for awhile I am going through a bad withdrawal symptom or red-skin symptom.

But thank goodness that I am home and away from my university for my Christmas break; here are a few tips to, not heal but relieve the itchyness and pain.

1. Keep clean. Bathe at least twice a day, I know for some eczema patients it hurts like hell, when water touches the skin, but you need to keep clean. Bathe like recommended with Oilatum or soft soap like Cetaphil. Always change your clothes. And try to keep from sweating

2. Keep cool. In Malaysia this is probably the hardest thing to do rclxub.gif but by keeping ourselves in an aircond room with approx 26 degree Celcius would help, or if there's none, a fan directly on you would help. Wear lose clothing, don't care much about style but on comfort.

3. Pantang! Depends on what you can and cannot eat, always try to pantang (Malay word for avoid at all costs) the food you can't eat. Like for me, I stay away from black fish, mutton, beef, lamb, mushrooms, nuts, shell fish, duck, brinjal, eggplant, and alcohol.

4. It goes without saying bu MOISTURISE! Always keep a moisturiser next to you.

Well I hope this helps, oh another thing is to stay hydrated all the time. Drink lots of water; you can add some lemon (or lime), with some mint and also some cucumber (or watermelon) to help keep you cool.

Still again, glad to know I am not alone. thumbup.gif
keanpoh
post May 8 2015, 03:20 PM

8 posts

Try using Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap. I heard it helps. Google around about the soap and you'll see what are the comments from others.

To get pine tar soap in Malaysia, you can visit www.mybeanbean.com.

Hope this helps.
MeToo
post May 8 2015, 03:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(simonhtz @ Dec 1 2014, 03:20 PM)
30+ male here. Been suffering eczema for 10 years plus. Scratching was so bad, skin infection is very common for me.

I find diet is quite important when it comes to eczema. This is purely anecdotal but I was in Turkey for 2 weeks and all I have for their Turkish style buffet breakfast is a lot of fresh fruits, cucumber and tomato, and other stuff like bread and eggs. Their food over there consist a lot of cucumber and tomato, dairy products and meat.

I find that my skin improved a lot. Probably nutrition and anti-dioxidant is important for eczema sufferers. When I came back to KL, I'm back to my crappy Chinese-stalls-theme-high-carb-high-fat-low-protein-low-vege-diet for lunch and dinner. My eczema returned with a vengeance.

The bread-and-butter cream I use is Benosone.
I agree.

The intake of sufficient water, more veg, fruits etc does wonders for your skin if you have a condition. Best way to treat this is to cleanse your system from within.

I know people who swear by this cream... I wouldnt know cause I dont use it myself... http://www.tcmrecipe.com/
buddho
post May 12 2015, 08:25 PM

33 posts

I struggled from bad eczema for close to 8 months last year.
The attack was intermittent and i had to apply steroid cream if it turn out too bad.
i tried many things but not sure what trigger it .. until i change my shower cream things i have not receive any eczema until now
lola90
post Jun 5 2015, 10:15 PM

36 posts

sometimes eczema is a problem arising from dry skin
i get rashes /eczema when i change my daily shower gel from Dove to other brands,
p/s Rosken lotion is a darn good moisturizer for dry skin.

Dove is indeed more pricy than other drugstore shower gels, but it does not dry out your skin.

When i stop using either one, my eczema returns.

oneeleven
post Jun 6 2015, 09:49 PM

Regular
1,515 posts

Before running out to buy commercial products, for mild rashes and mosquito bites, try table salt and a little water as a thick liquid. Some prefer sea salt. Resist rubbing and scratching for just a few minutes. Soon amazing relief without drugs and clean, just brush off excess dried salt. Might not work for everyone but little risk and costs near zero to try. For me it's more effective than antihistamine and cortico creams.
wu ming
post Feb 9 2016, 11:19 AM

Regular
1,143 posts

QUOTE(keanpoh @ May 8 2015, 03:20 PM)
Try using Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap. I heard it helps. Google around about the soap and you'll see what are the comments from others.

To get pine tar soap in Malaysia, you can visit www.mybeanbean.com.

Hope this helps.
Most people do not realise that eczema is a gut problem rather than a skin disorder. The skin problem appear as a symptom to the problem. Therefore fixing your diet is necessary to ensure that your eczema heals permanently.
RyNaKiSs
post Mar 21 2016, 01:45 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(cjack3 @ Dec 13 2011, 09:15 PM)
Hi all. A close friend of mine is suffering from eczema. She does not like to use the steroid-based creams due to the side-effects that come with prolonged usages. Currently she is keeping watch on what she eats and using some other cream like aloe vera cream. Is there any good methods to treat or at least suppress eczema?

I read online that some cream called TriCeram is good for eczema, but is it available in Malaysia?
Hi, sorry to hear about ur friend's condition. Well, all topical creams work at the localised area. Effective ones usually contain steroids which u should not be too dependent on them. I know there is something natural that u could let ur friend to try and she'll be the happiest she can be. PM me. Best regards.
3oo3
post Mar 28 2016, 12:21 AM

27 posts

My friend 9 year old daughter are suffering from eczema too. Especially during hot day and it's getting worse during last year haze. But the daughter condition improved a lot after 1 test. My friend knew which supplement and food are exactly suitable for his daughter. Without any medication to the daughter, he already can feel the difference.
GreenerEarth
post Mar 28 2016, 09:35 AM

6 posts

I don't know if anyone of you heard of a company named Melaleuca? They have a series of products (hair shampoo, body shampoo, bath oil, and body lotion) that can improve dry skin problem or eczema.

Actually, I love their products very much, because most of the ingredients of their products are extracted from natural resources so they won't cause any issue to to us in the long-run. And all their products are 60 days money back guarantee, so if they don't work for you, you can just ask for refund!

If you are interested you can PM me, I can send you some details on the products. Hope this will help. smile.gif
GonnersKL
post Mar 28 2016, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

I suffer from eczema for more than 10 years + ....

Got well from 10+ years old but it came back again in 20+ years old till now ...

hand is itch so bad and fully crack until recent company boss asked me to seek treatment ...

so what the doctor recommend me ...

1) took antihistamine every morning, doctor recommend twice a day but I got too drowsy to drive so I only take once a day

2) Apply Pinetarsol Gel after bath every day, apply to you hand, leave for 2-3 minutes and then wash it

3) Apply Ego QV Cream daily

4) Apply the cream (forget the name) when the crack returned but few days a month compared to daily last time

it still get itchy but at least my hand are so much better, there is a week or 2 than it wasn't crack at all
bb68
post Apr 1 2016, 04:09 PM

Enthusiast
717 posts

WHat works on me :

1) Yogurt
2) Cortison
3) Sleep early
wu ming
post Jun 21 2016, 08:42 AM

Regular
1,143 posts

It is recommended you go for a food allergy test with your doctor to find out whether is it food or environmental factors which is causing your eczema.

I got very sick when I cut out many essential food and in the end I found that I was not allergic to any of them.

My eczema was not improving. Only after the food allergy test that I found out that my skin condition was due to environmental factors.

Need to moisturise the skin after bath and constantly applying lotion throughout the day.
stellazimell
post Nov 21 2017, 01:35 AM

2 posts

Hello!!! two years ago I was diagnosed with Eczema! The treatment that has worked the best for me is Foderma. I recommend it.
xandercooper
post Nov 22 2017, 04:15 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(stellazimell @ Nov 21 2017, 01:35 AM)
Hello!!! two years ago I was diagnosed with Eczema! The treatment that has worked the best for me is Foderma. I recommend it.
how long have you been using Foderma?

where can i get? guardian? watson?
MaxyPower
post Nov 22 2017, 10:23 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

you can't cure eczema completely but you can stop the process with UF light lamp for instance
NightHeart
post Nov 23 2017, 01:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(xandercooper @ Nov 22 2017, 04:15 PM)
how long have you been using Foderma?

where can i get? guardian? watson?
Yo! It's been a while!

There's 4 active eczema support groups in FB at the moment. Among those 4, I recommend 2 & 1 of it which I was promoted to admin for 1 of it due to my contribution. If you wanna join, let me know & I'll approve your requests immediately.

Skincare is only the 3rd step in eczema management, you need to learn the 1st step (heal your guts) & 2nd step (regulate your immune system). Those 2 are very important to put your eczema under control.
Azsas
post Nov 28 2017, 03:43 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

i try Psocream (phytomedicare psoriasis) and charms baby fig soap..got better.

8 Pages « < 5 6 7 8 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0314sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:35 PM