Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

My Problem with Malaysian e-Sports, Can't brain it lah

views

Jerry416
post Aug 25 2013, 09:08 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(firedamage @ Aug 25 2013, 05:59 PM)
Instead of opening battlenet  free for everyone,  there should be Lan multiplayer in sc2 just like in bw
i will never support LAN as wc3 and BW as it was, fighting piracy effectively! whistling.gif

if they allow only one race per account selection when account creation and go battlenet to play(allow race change once in a while perhaps), with only full ladder maps, no arcade, will boost laddering and more players i believe
Quazacolt
post Aug 26 2013, 02:15 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(red streak @ Aug 25 2013, 12:36 PM)
You're not thinking about it the right way. The cost of entry is free. Imagine a game being a club or some sort of exclusive organization. Imagine trying to go in Club Starcraft II and then seeing a $39.99 entry fee. Then right across the street you have Club Dota 2, which is free to enter but has paid for food and drinks. Which do you think would have more members joining in? The former only earns money ONCE from the 5% of gamers that actually pay for stuff. Whereas the latter charges micro-transactions all the time for cosmetic changes that the 5% of paying gamers will keep on buying. Dota 2 is more fun to watch but Starcraft II is more satisfying in terms of play and is far harder to get into. The amount of skill and concentration you need to excel at starcraft is quite high. It's like reactive chess played in real time.
personally, if there is a will there is a way. don't tell me as a student you can't save few ringgit a day. EVENTUALLY you'll get to buy the game.

that's not even counting part time jobs, freelancing, begging parents, angpow/raya moneys, doing small trades/services/businesses etc.
SiewKaiz
post Aug 26 2013, 10:23 AM

Casual
304 posts

as a student they will spent Hundreds or Thousands on these free to play game rather than purchase a original or pay 2 play games~ not to mentioning cost item such as upgrades/cosmetic etc etc~ im once a student/mmo addict too..back then i was supporting piracy n free 2 play game~ smile.gif
red streak
post Aug 26 2013, 01:52 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,482 posts

http://www.lowyat.net/2013/08/26/11856/pla...al-flexibility/

17 Pages « < 15 16 17Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0177sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:21 AM