Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[WTA] Golden Gate Fertility Centre

views

TSstevenys
post Oct 3 2011, 12:54 AM, updated 13y ago

Getting Started
225 posts

Hi All
Just want to ask on Golden Gate Fertility Centre.
Last week , i and my wife went there to treament. First vist cost me RM1300.
It very expensive. The doc request me and my wife every week to have a vist.
Have anyone know about this Fertility Centre. I realy need to know before continue. It to costing for me.

katijar
post Oct 3 2011, 10:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,290 posts

IVF? how many treatments do you need to have? Why don't you ask the people there?

This post has been edited by katijar: Oct 3 2011, 10:20 AM
TSstevenys
post Oct 3 2011, 11:10 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

It not IVF. It is Chinese medicine treatment .
My first visit treatment : blood test and urine test (both woman and man), ultrasound (woman), general health consultation. Woman (my wife) is also asked to check temperature every morning. They can sell you a body basal termometer if you dont have one and give you a small notebook to register the temperature. You must visit the clinic every week.
The costs of the first visit is: blood+urine test woman - 420RM, blood +urine test man: 400; ultrasound 50RM (you pay only for 7 UGS, next ones are free), termometer 60RM, medicines 150RM for each/week. This time we paid together 1230RM. Next weeks we will pay 350/week which is 300RM for medicines plus 50 for ultrasound.

I realy need to know before continue. It to costly for me.

katijar
post Oct 3 2011, 11:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,290 posts

if wife not pregnant, what are they scanning for ultra sound?
TSstevenys
post Oct 3 2011, 12:33 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

Scan for detect the Ovulation. This is advise by the doctor.
katijar
post Oct 3 2011, 12:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,290 posts

oh... like that... good luck! smile.gif
tessalyn
post Oct 4 2011, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

Do you feel any improvement in your overall health? I think you can give this a few tries. If you feel that there is no improvement, then you can stop it.
As far as i know, traditional chinese medicine takes some time to show the effect. You need to have some patient to see the results.

If the medication is only for overall well-being instead of pinpoint to a specific problem, i think it's kind of expensive for RM350/week.

TSstevenys
post Oct 4 2011, 11:16 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

Yes. I also think quite expensive for RM350/week.
So just want to get some feedback /repsonce from somene that have experience from this fertility centre.

If realy not good or no so effective, i might decide to stop.

Filos
post Oct 27 2011, 10:25 PM

3 posts

Hallo,
I am the patient of Golden Gate Fertility Centre (GGFC). Me and my husband have been taking medicines since mid May 2011 and this week I found I GOT PREGNANT. It was my 5th cycle.
I can recommend dr Khoo to everybody especially those who want to go for IVF. Definatelly before trying any invasive drugs, try chineese medicine. Me and my husband were trying to conceive for 1 year before we went to dr Khoo. It seems not very long however, I am in a very advanced age for pregnancy and my husband had very bad sperm results. Western doctors immediatelly recommended ICSI. I also thought this is the only chance for us and even I really didnt like the idea of IVF I thought we have no other solutions. I started to look for acupuncture to increase my chances of IVF. This is how I contected dr Khoo. He convinced us it is worth to try and we postpone IVF. And it took us 5 cycles to conceive! If I think how close we were to do IVF I'm really mad with all this "western medicine".
Of course my prenancy is very, very early, however already confirmed it happened.
I want to share this with everybody, because 6 months ago I was also looking for information about GGFC, but could not find much. Dr Khoo and Dr Lai have many, many patiens, but unfortunatelly they dont share their experience on forums. Doctor claims he has 70% success rate (within 7 months of treatment) and usually people get pregnant on 5th or 6th month.

I hope I helped,
Cheers,

BTW: This was my first contact with TCM. Im not Malaysian, Im European and unfortunatelly in my country TCM is not populat at all.
ccyap003
post Oct 28 2011, 03:11 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(stevenys @ Oct 3 2011, 11:10 AM)
It not IVF. It is Chinese medicine treatment .
My first visit treatment ...:
Have you tried other traditional treatment?

I heard about a couple taking some form of medical relate drink and soon, they go pregnant.
PM me if you are interested.

TiF
post Feb 21 2012, 09:47 AM

Regular
1,190 posts

QUOTE(stevenys @ Oct 4 2011, 11:16 AM)
Yes. I also think quite expensive for RM350/week.
So just want to get some feedback /repsonce from somene that have experience from this fertility centre.

If realy not good or no so effective, i might decide to stop.
if you can read chinese: http://my-fertility-diary.blogspot.com/200...-fertility.html

me and my wife also been trying to have a baby for years, and now also looking for Fertility Centre. our problem is my sperm count is very low due to some testicle infection during my teenage year. sad.gif

PS: opps, din realize this is old tered.
TS, do you continue to go to GGFC or you already got your own baby?

This post has been edited by TiF: Feb 21 2012, 09:48 AM
TSstevenys
post Feb 21 2012, 10:46 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

Hi Bro

Still continue with it and no got baby yet.
I also have same problem with you.

This post has been edited by stevenys: Feb 21 2012, 10:46 AM
TiF
post Feb 21 2012, 12:12 PM

Regular
1,190 posts

QUOTE(stevenys @ Feb 21 2012, 10:46 AM)
Hi Bro

Still continue with it and no got baby yet.
I also have same problem with you.
So sorry to hear that, wish both of us best of luck bro. smile.gif
I probably going to another doctor, so if you got good news, please update me ya smile.gif

TSstevenys
post Feb 21 2012, 01:41 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

I have discuss with my wife. We only will continue the effort for this for 1 year. If after 1 year no result , will stop. It too costly for us..
smile.gif
TiF
post Feb 21 2012, 01:44 PM

Regular
1,190 posts

QUOTE(stevenys @ Feb 21 2012, 01:41 PM)
I have discuss with my wife. We only will continue the effort for this for 1 year.  If after 1 year no result , will stop.  It  too costly for us..
smile.gif
1 month roughly how much u spent? both u and ur wife seeing the doc or just u?
Filos
post Mar 10 2013, 12:48 PM

3 posts

Hi stevenys,
Im not sure if you still read this forum. I'm just curious, were you successful with Golden Gate Fertility Centre in Puchong? If yes or not can you please share after how many months?

Me and my husband will soon start trying for baby #2.

Cheers,
Filos
LanEvo8
post Jan 2 2021, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

Can anyone share Golden Gate Fertility in Puchong?Plan to try but i can't find latest review.Thank you
sonotme
post Jun 3 2023, 05:14 PM

Regular
1,523 posts

QUOTE(LanEvo8 @ Jan 2 2021, 12:08 PM)
Can anyone share Golden Gate Fertility in Puchong?Plan to try but i can't find latest review.Thank you
my wife got pregnant after 5 cycles, costs almost 1k/visit sweat.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:57 PM