Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 14 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Contraceptive (Birth Control) Pill, The BIG Information and Questions Thread

views

Princess_Alicia
post Apr 2 2016, 07:53 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Apr 2 2016, 07:48 PM)
I'm not sure you're supposed to be taking BC that often, but you don't need to see the gyno every month either. You see the gyno once a year unless you have complications.
I have stop visiting the gynae coz i feel like being taken advantages. I ask him make a full medical report so that i can find another gynae but util today after a month he is still reluctant to give me my report. I cant just visit another gynae without previous report as i got surgery before.
TSspunkberry
post Apr 2 2016, 07:58 PM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(Princess_Alicia @ Apr 2 2016, 07:53 PM)
I have stop visiting the gynae coz i feel like being taken advantages. I ask him make a full medical report so that i can find another gynae but util today after a month he is still reluctant to give me my report. I cant just visit another gynae without previous report as i got surgery before.
Find another gyne, and you don't need the report. You just need to tell the new gyne the details of the surgery.

Did you tell your gyne why you wanted the report? That's probably why he's not giving it to you.
Princess_Alicia
post Apr 2 2016, 09:29 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Apr 2 2016, 07:58 PM)
Find another gyne, and you don't need the report. You just need to tell the new gyne the details of the surgery.

Did you tell your gyne why you wanted the report? That's probably why he's not giving it to you.
Yes I did. He said he will send by email but im still waiting. Thats why i lost confidence with him. He dont even show professional. Do you know any female gynae around pj area? I getting sick with male gynae. Sorry.
TSspunkberry
post May 9 2016, 10:47 PM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(Princess_Alicia @ Apr 2 2016, 09:29 PM)
Yes I did. He said he will send by email but im still waiting. Thats why i lost confidence with him. He dont even show professional. Do you know any female gynae around pj area? I getting sick with male gynae. Sorry.
I'm sorry, I thought I responded.

I don't live in the area, so I don't know. @munkeyflo may know better.

This post has been edited by spunkberry: May 9 2016, 10:48 PM
munkeyflo
post May 9 2016, 11:23 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(Princess_Alicia @ Apr 2 2016, 09:29 PM)
Hi babe, I have a female gynae that I used to go to, she's in KPJ Shah Alam, Dr Yeen.
But I'm sure there are plenty of good female gynaes around.
Princess_Alicia
post May 10 2016, 09:27 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ May 9 2016, 11:23 PM)
Hi babe, I have a female gynae that I used to go to, she's in KPJ Shah Alam, Dr Yeen.
But I'm sure there are plenty of good female gynaes around.
Thanks alot. Shah Alam is abit far for me. I will look around PJ area, should be fine. I have stop the pills now my period has started to regulate back. The only problem is I am worry if the things will come back. sad.gif
donghoejin
post Jun 5 2016, 03:20 PM

0 posts

hello there,

im planning to visit my gf soon. it will be a month long visit. needless to say, we will be getting intimate. we have been using condoms and would like to add pills as a added protection.

My question is probably a question everyone here asked already, which is what do i start with ? brand wise or pill wise , the 21 day or 28 day long pill or just using morning after pills everytime we do it.

I hope my question dont get dismissed by asking me to ask a GYN. the place she works doesnt have the worlds best healthcare professionals, so were a little sceptical as to their competency, also the language barrier.

so, would like to maybe get them here in malaysia, preferably over the counter, and bring it over, what brands of pills do i ask for.

Now i know you guys probably dont want to take any responsibility by giving misinformation, thus the "ask your doctor" approach. but a lil information would definitely go a long way for me... please and thank you

Im trying to be responsible, so i hope you guys can help me, after all this is a forum right ? hahaha innocent.gif
munkeyflo
post Jun 6 2016, 04:03 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(donghoejin @ Jun 5 2016, 03:20 PM)
hello there,

im planning to visit my gf soon. it will be a month long visit. needless to say, we will be getting intimate. we have been using condoms and would like to add pills as a added protection.

My question is probably a question everyone here asked already, which is what do i start with ? brand wise or pill wise , the 21 day or 28 day long pill or just using morning after pills everytime we do it.

I hope my question dont get dismissed by asking me to ask a GYN. the place she works doesnt have the worlds best healthcare professionals, so were a little sceptical as to their competency, also the language barrier.

so, would like to maybe get them here in malaysia, preferably over the counter, and bring it over, what brands of pills do i ask for.

Now i know you guys probably dont want to take any responsibility by giving misinformation, thus the "ask your doctor" approach. but a lil information would definitely go a long way for me... please and thank you

Im trying to be responsible, so i hope you guys can help me, after all this is a forum right ? hahaha  innocent.gif
BCP doesn't work like *snap your fingers* immediately. It will take some time, so it's best if your girlfriend can source it from there instead.

Also, be aware that the first month or so, the body will take some time to adjust to the pills. I was bleeding for the whole of the first month when I first took BCP. Gynae told me it's normal as we all react differently to the pill.

Condoms, imo, is good enough.
TSspunkberry
post Jun 6 2016, 09:45 PM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

@donghoejin unless your girlfriend takes the pill on the first day of her period, it is not effective for 7 days. like munkeyflo said, your girlfriend is better off sourcing it from where she is prior to your arrival.

Condoms are good enough, as long as you check before and after that they are intact.

This post has been edited by spunkberry: Jun 6 2016, 09:45 PM
Jackofree
post Jul 4 2016, 04:09 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

Hi, my gf took the morning after pill about 7 days ago. And up to now, her period still havent come. Is this normal? On a side note, she's been sick for the past one week with sore throat, flu and fever but now recovering already
MysticShadow
post Jul 4 2016, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
250 posts

QUOTE(Jackofree @ Jul 4 2016, 04:09 PM)
Hi, my gf took the morning after pill about 7 days ago. And up to now, her period still havent come. Is this normal? On a side note, she's been sick for the past one week with sore throat, flu and fever but now recovering already
1. When was the first day of her last period and,
2. How long after sex did she take the morning after pill?

C2pig88
post Sep 15 2016, 11:50 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(XENIACLADY @ Feb 21 2016, 10:07 AM)
off topic: safe or not sex without using condom based on period calculation days, 2~3 days before period comes have sex ?
I used condom when having sex 3 days before my estimated period date, and my daughter now is already 2yrs old whistling.gif
Chubbygal2323
post Nov 1 2016, 04:09 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(C2pig88 @ Sep 15 2016, 11:50 AM)
I used condom when having sex 3 days before my estimated period date, and my daughter now is already 2yrs old whistling.gif
😀 It's a blessing ah!

Princess_Alicia
post Jun 2 2017, 12:13 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

Anyone experience faster heartbeat after taking BCP for long period? I checked online that it may cause heart disease in long run.
TSspunkberry
post Jun 3 2017, 12:27 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(Princess_Alicia @ Jun 2 2017, 12:13 AM)
Anyone experience faster heartbeat after taking BCP for long period? I checked online that it may cause heart disease in long run.
Nope. Haven't experienced it at all, and I've been on BCP since 2010
Princess_Alicia
post Jun 6 2017, 08:10 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Jun 3 2017, 12:27 AM)
Nope. Haven't experienced it at all, and I've been on BCP since 2010
U mean u never have a break time except the 7days break? I had it for more about a year now. Last week I suddenly got rapid heart beat and short breath. I checked on the leaflet it say BCP may increase the risk of heart disease. So worry.
TSspunkberry
post Jun 9 2017, 04:46 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(Princess_Alicia @ Jun 6 2017, 08:10 PM)
U mean u never have a break time except the 7days break? I had it for more about a year now. Last week I suddenly got rapid heart beat and short breath. I checked on the leaflet it say BCP may increase the risk of heart disease. So worry.
Nope. I don't even do the 7 days break. I just take it all the way through.
Hammox
post Jun 9 2017, 08:31 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(Princess_Alicia @ Jun 2 2017, 12:13 AM)
eh.. maybe could be something else? like hyperthyroid for example can increase heartbeat (just an example).

best consult doctor dear, if its really the pills maybe can see if trying a different type/brand see if it helps.
Princess_Alicia
post Jun 9 2017, 11:49 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Jun 9 2017, 04:46 AM)
Nope. I don't even do the 7 days break. I just take it all the way through.
Wont it affect your period? I tot it suppose to give a break for period?
Princess_Alicia
post Jun 9 2017, 11:53 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(Hammox @ Jun 9 2017, 08:31 PM)
eh.. maybe could be something else? like hyperthyroid for example can increase heartbeat (just an example).

best consult doctor dear, if its really the pills maybe can see if trying a different type/brand see if it helps.
Thanks dear. Will consider that.

14 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 14 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0180sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:59 PM