TSyuheng
post Mar 20 2011, 06:20 PM, updated 13y ago

Audio=Enjoy
2,753 posts

AlgoRhythm Solo™

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo **PRE ORDER** Be the first to own the AlgoRhythm Solo

The worlds first and currently only all battery powered high resolution USB iPod digital to analog converter for use with Apple iPad™, iPhone® iTouch® or iPod®. The AlgoRhythm Solo is the only truly portable and off the grid Apple iPad™, iPhone® iTouch® or iPod® high-resolution audiophile device equipped with dual Li-Ion batteries. Use the AlogoRhythm Solo in tandem with your favorite portable headphone amp such as the ALO Rx Mk2 for a truly world class audiophile mobile system like none other! Or use the AlgoRhythm Solo at home with your favorite home desk top DAC using the AlgoRhythm Solo's SPDIF output. Now you can have the convenience of your Apple iPad™, iPhone® iTouch® or iPod® and the hi resolution fidelity of the reference grade Wonlfson DAC all in a small portable package.

The AlgoRhythm Solo™ DAC – Audiophile Heaven:

Wolfson Microelectronics™ makes many DAC’s, including those incorporated into many earlier Apple devices, so what’s new? The AlgoRhythm Solo™ uses a premium Wolfson Microelectronics™ Reference grade DAC, far and away a superior digital engine. Check out the specs and then listen to the beauty.

Frequency Response (20 Hz / 20 kHz) 0dB/-.4dB
Noise Floor (DC -> 30 kHz) 28 uV
S/N Ratio (DC -> 30 kHz) 98 dB
THD+N (1 kHz FS 44.1 kS/s) .002%

While the DAC chip inside the Solo is capable of processing 24/96 bit-rate, the Apple device DAP platform as a whole is currently limited to 16/44.1 or 16/48KHz sampled content. That is still CD quality and that is what the AlgoRhythm Solo™ delivers, finally!

The asynchronous transfer mode allows the AlgoRhythm Solo™ to overcome the limitations and artifacts associated with sync transfer mode through USB, such as lots of jitter, but the DAP firmware supports native decoding of 24/96 for decryption by the 24/96 DAC chip inside the AlgoRhythm Solo™.

Quoted from http://www.aloaudio.com/store/index.php?ma...products_id=604

This is what we are waiting for, OMG....we can do DAC out from ipod already biggrin.gif tongue.gif

loonsave
post Mar 20 2011, 07:57 PM

Regular
1,494 posts

If this is DAC+AMP, then it would be perfect. biggrin.gif
jinggothegreat
post Mar 21 2011, 06:42 PM

Casual
333 posts

fffuuuu. ipod-DAC

any price, your highness?
Kain_Sicilian
post Mar 21 2011, 07:11 PM

Not So Friendly
844 posts

Looks good mate!! Would wanna audition sometime smile.gif
walabies
post Mar 23 2011, 02:16 PM

Jaben Network.. A headphones store with teddy bears...
6,933 posts

Right now we are only able to get the DAC module only. The amps you can pair it yourself with any amps.
The price will be USD579 + some shipping fees. Same from the ALO website.
TSyuheng
post Mar 25 2011, 03:31 PM

Audio=Enjoy
2,753 posts

Guys, it is arrived, and i personally think that.....I am so so so excited now......
DaEMoNteNTAcLe
post Mar 25 2011, 05:27 PM

~ w00d!!! ~
2,825 posts

begitu bagus?
walabies
post Mar 26 2011, 08:25 AM

Jaben Network.. A headphones store with teddy bears...
6,933 posts

Yeah man, considering we are lacking a lot of audio bliss from our newer version of apple products, though with a lot cool features. nod.gif
TSyuheng
post Mar 26 2011, 01:02 PM

Audio=Enjoy
2,753 posts

Some people might not understand what is this product, just give a introduction how to use this baby.

This is a DAC out devices, why it is good? We have seen a lot of people using line out dock for their ipod, Line out dock is a internal amplification bypass features for apple based products, it used the PCB board bypass the internal amplifications so we can connect to external amplifier, this make us worry free for double amplifications, or even double colorations. Where we shall see a lot of Ipod modifications, that is to do a physical internal amplifications bypass, instead of PCB bypass, we do our own cabling to bypass the internal amp. Surprisingly, it make even better than PCB bypass, that is why the Imod,Gmod or Pmod are so popular in Malaysia.

Ok, what this baby(Solo) do? it did a PCB bypass of Internal DAC/Ampification of Apple based product, why this brand can do? They bought the license from Apple to do such actions, and there is none of any modifications can do this by any DIYer, Coz you will need to pay Apple million of cash for such license, like what Cypher did.

Backed to old days, i used to carryed a Iriver H120 > digital out to > Ibasso D1, it was truly a brick, it is so huge tat i still bring it around, coz it give me so musical sound. I always dream of doing so at Ipod, Coz no one will deny that Ipod interface are what we love. And yes, my dream come truth, i have got this portable, and i have got a very good portable digital transport, and it is not only a transport, it is a DAC as well......meaning i can plug it to my favorite amp, or even direct to my active speaker.

Backed to the topics, how good is this ? This shall be what people concerned. First, when you get your Ipod digital out, i got what i never get it ipod, yes, i got the "Soundstage" from ipod. This is really unbelievable, i have used ipod for so so long, i never think that i can get anything like this, the sound are open, it remind me the feelings of connecting a Good DAC to computer, A dacport or pico level dac, the sound of ipod become so full, if any of you tried hifiman before, yes, you can just feel that, you get the frequency full. not as empty like what the ipod sound.

Beside rounded music, soundstage, the third thing that i noticed are, i got my kick backed, yes, i can feel the kick, how's the kick? It is not bomb, i have quite long never listen to Avril Lavigne, why? their music are mastered to be a very messy way, their bassy are just so so noisy, maybe from my personal taste, it is a little bit too over, or, up to my knowledge, maybe there are just too many guitar or bassy? However, when i am on this DAC, i found something different, the drum are there, yes, i feel the drum, i never notice there is a drum, not loud, but tight enough? i plug it back with non digital out (Line out to amp), no it is gone again. Now the songs are something that i willing to re-listen again. It give the music different life. without my knowledge, i m in next songs and i am really enjoying now.

As a seller, i shall be stop here, i do not wan to be deemed as i am promoting, this is just so good, i wish i can share this to everyone, out of the seller point, i am starting to enjoying some music that i dont listen last time. It make the feels very very different, or maybe, i am just too addicted into ipod sounds, and make me less enjoy some good music, unless the recording are so so good, then only i can enjoy it. I'been wrong, it is actually sources problem , i always thought that is music productions problem, but now i know, this is really not the case, a good sources will really lead you to a new music journey.

Sorry but forgot to mentioned,
Itouch 2 gen > Digital Out > Cypher Labs Solo > Silver IC > Govibe PPK > ACS T1...

Thanks for reading.
TSyuheng
post Mar 26 2011, 01:05 PM

Audio=Enjoy
2,753 posts

Added, i will be testing the DAC out features only when i visit Pcwork and i will be testing at this speaker setup. So, review to be added, or maybe by him, let see biggrin.gif
jkwanness
post Mar 26 2011, 09:41 PM

smileypic.gif
1,147 posts

been meaning to get this some time soon! but must get customs and better amp first.. smile.gif

am sure it'll be great sounding... however seems like it eats up the ipod battery.. i wonder why..
TSyuheng
post Mar 28 2011, 04:21 PM

Audio=Enjoy
2,753 posts

QUOTE(jkwanness @ Mar 26 2011, 09:41 PM)
been meaning to get this some time soon! but must get customs and better amp first.. smile.gif

am sure it'll be great sounding... however seems like it eats up the ipod battery.. i wonder why..
Nono, it dont, if you see the message, simply remove and plug in the dock again. it solved. It have its own internal battery?
jkwanness
post Mar 28 2011, 11:23 PM

smileypic.gif
1,147 posts

hhhmm some headfi'ers reported that.. but maybe need some owners here to confirm is it true or not... hopefully one of them can be me smile.gif

anyone bought this yet yuheng?
PcWork
post Mar 28 2011, 11:40 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

if this things has computer USB input capability , i will seriously consider to grab it.

jkwanness
post Mar 28 2011, 11:46 PM

smileypic.gif
1,147 posts

probably next time there's a firmware upgrade for it... cause i read somewhere that its programmable and it only explains why the port is USB... they could easily use other different ports but still choose USB.. Anyways I do hope it'll have PC USB function one day too smile.gif
PcWork
post Mar 28 2011, 11:47 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

user posted image

user posted image

Added on March 28, 2011, 11:48 pm
QUOTE(jkwanness @ Mar 28 2011, 11:46 PM)
probably next time there's a firmware upgrade for it... cause i read somewhere that its programmable and it only explains why the port is USB... they could easily use other different ports but still choose USB.. Anyways I do hope it'll have PC USB function one day too smile.gif
ya
that's enquiries i asking them now.
if the answer is confirm.
i will get one and wait for the firmware release.
i agree with ur opinion that they choose USB port for a reason.
perhaps besides the reason to accomodate stock ipod USB cable.

This post has been edited by PcWork: Mar 28 2011, 11:48 PM
jkwanness
post Mar 28 2011, 11:57 PM

smileypic.gif
1,147 posts

wooo poisonous pics!! yeah lets hope for the best....

anyways correct me if i'm wrong, the quality of the cable linking ipod to CLAS doesn't make a difference in SQ cause its digital.. Something like HDMI cables explained here http://reviews.cnet.com/hdmi-guide/
i_djoel2000
post Mar 29 2011, 01:04 AM

Casual
311 posts

the usb cable is too long for portable use. lol
DaEMoNteNTAcLe
post Mar 29 2011, 12:59 PM

~ w00d!!! ~
2,825 posts

QUOTE(jkwanness @ Mar 28 2011, 11:23 PM)
hhhmm some headfi'ers reported that.. but maybe need some owners here to confirm is it true or not... hopefully one of them can be me smile.gif

anyone bought this yet yuheng?
if i had to say anything about eating battery,
i would say, it's more because of the line out, not the dac. line out will send optimal voltage signal, hence the extra power usage. kinda like playback at 100% volume at all times.
this happens to all line out.. even if its output to the amp.

otherwise, there is definite improvement in the frequency extension, clarity and sound control.

jkwanness
post Mar 29 2011, 02:40 PM

smileypic.gif
1,147 posts

yeah that could be one of the reason too... but nonetheless, CLAS's battery can only last about 9 hours (so i read).. as long as the ipod can last for 9 hours plus, it should be okay..

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0226sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:41 PM