Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Old skool shaving, Best and closest shave ever

views

daijoubu
post Jul 3 2013, 12:22 PM

Love Many. Trust Few. Do Wrong to None.
5,147 posts

Guys, anyone interested in buying the Cella Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima?

If say I were to buy 1kg and split it up to 150g for sale to spread my costs, anyone here interested?
daijoubu
post Jul 4 2013, 12:13 PM

5,147 posts

QUOTE(jonny4 @ Jul 4 2013, 10:49 AM)
A Gillette Super Adjustable (70s model i think).

seems tedious those steps. i seem to be getting along fine by washing face den apply shave gel n shaving with Schick Exacta 2 disposable.
Its perfectly fine to stick with a disposable or cartridge shaving if you are comfortable with it smile.gif. In fact if you do not have much facial hair, and you don't shave often (once or twice a week), then maybe you will find it tedious, but I personally find using a brush, shaving cream and DE blade to be something much more enjoyable than normal cartridge shaving. I shave every 2 days once.

Are you interested in selling the super adjustable if you are not using? =D

daijoubu
post Jul 5 2013, 08:51 AM

5,147 posts

ah family heirloom smile.gif. in that case you should preserve it, and do use it from time to time just to keep the tradition going. hopefully one fine day in the future, you can pass that down to your son and teach him wetshaving too smile.gif
daijoubu
post Aug 12 2013, 05:46 PM

5,147 posts

QUOTE(jonny4 @ Aug 7 2013, 04:27 PM)
Bought a can of Old Spice shaving foam from Mydin for RM8.90. pretty big can too, 310g. Made in Canada.

It has a very masculine scent. nothing like the scent of the usual Nivea or Gillette shaving foams. the foam is very dense straight out of the can.

however performance wise it did a slightly better job than my usual Schick n Nivea. it still feels like the foam floats on top of the facial hair n this makes my shaves kinda "dry".
Thats actually the reason why I've started to really like face lathering with a brush. It seems that the lather is right on your skin, at close as it can get, instead of just floating on it =D.
daijoubu
post Oct 1 2013, 12:54 AM

5,147 posts

QUOTE(Cryptic @ Sep 27 2013, 02:13 PM)
using a Edwin Jagger DE89l. loving it! =D
Mine is arriving in a few days. Together with a few soaps and 2 Semogue boar brushes =D
daijoubu
post Apr 16 2016, 01:29 AM

5,147 posts

Would like to share with you guys my Shaving Collection smile.gif.

Shaver: Edwin Jagger DE89 Knurled

Brush: Semogue 620 Excelsior Boar Bristle (main), Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle (unused), Omega S10065 Boar Bristle (retired)

Hard Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat, Tabac Original

Italian Croap: Cella Crema Da Babra (almond scented), Virgilio Valobra (unscented)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword

So far my fav soaps are the Mitchell's and Cella. I've started off with shaving creams but once I've started using these two, never touched the shaving creams anymore.
I have plenty of mediocre razors but my fav so far is the Wilkinson. Haven't had the chance to try other good ones.

I have plenty of unused shaving creams and 1 Tabac hard soap refill. Anyone interested to take them off me? PM me to offer smile.gif.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
daijoubu
post Apr 16 2016, 11:41 PM

5,147 posts

QUOTE(veron208 @ Apr 16 2016, 08:50 AM)
Which shaving creams you planned to let go ?
QUOTE(biloxee @ Apr 16 2016, 04:16 PM)
Sigh. I just got like a whole box of Arkos...
And I have other creams too to spice things up once in a while.
[attachmentid=6398925]
I have the below shave creams (+1 tabac puck), some in various states of used, some unopened smile.gif.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0432sec    2.97    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 7th December 2019 - 12:14 PM