Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Old skool shaving, Best and closest shave ever

views

LiangZhuge
post Dec 11 2015, 02:34 PM

Casual
450 posts

Just started using DE but with a China made Razor, still sourcing for a good razor smile.gif.

Just wondering how do you guys dispose the DE blades properly ? Hopefully you guys just don't wrap and throw in the trash can ?
LiangZhuge
post Sep 27 2017, 03:09 PM

Casual
450 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Sep 26 2017, 11:15 PM)
Not looking to test on my face but at least have the product for me to see or view it I guess.

Trying not to spend too much time shaving as well haha. Unless you guys here say that old school way is definitely slower than those Gillette mass produced types?
If you want to test out using DE razor, I would recommend you buying those cheap razor with good blades to try it first if you are happy with it. It will feel a bit different that using a normal shaving razor (those 2,3,5 blades with plastic handle). I started with some China made metal razor with Gillette blades, then later I upgraded to a Merkur as I liked the feel of using a DE razor (not sure which model but the linked below from amazon which I bought) . Btw I don't use any brush/ shaving cream etc so I can't comment on that. I just use the facial cleaner foam as the lubricant to shave. Saves time and no need to apply other stuff on my face smile.gif

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002A8JO48/

If you are in the KL area, visit Hanifa to pick up some blades and see which one you like more. Wilkinson is the best in my opinion - very smooth but expensive, Gillette 7 would be next best. I don't seem to like Astra (feels blunt and not smooth for me). Hanifa do sell them in a box (5 blades each), so buy a few different brands to test out.

LiangZhuge
post Aug 20 2018, 10:53 AM

Casual
450 posts

QUOTE(mujinkun @ Aug 17 2018, 04:38 PM)
To all sifus.

Do you use stand to hold yours Wet Shaving sets? And keep its outside of toilet?

I'm a beginner, still learning a lot.
I just put mine flat on the bathroom counter smile.gif
LiangZhuge
post May 12 2020, 11:54 AM

Casual
450 posts

Recently found a Malaysian brand Cukur (made in India) safety razor. Selling around Rm40+. Anyone here have any experience with it ? Ada bagus a ? smile.gif

https://www.ekotopia.com.my/cukur

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0383sec    0.61    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd April 2021 - 10:50 PM