Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Safety boots

views

TStauke
post Feb 14 2010, 09:27 PM

3 posts

hello guys...i didnt know wether this topic is right at this section...
i just wanna ask that where can i get this red Wing Safety boots...
Bcoz i already look in my area around Klang and S.Alam..
the shop say they didnt sell this brand of boot...
so anyone know...let me know ya....thanx..
U+FFFD
post Feb 14 2010, 10:34 PM

2,356 posts

These? http://www.redwingshoes.com/work/workboots.aspx

Haven't seen that brand around here.
TStauke
post Feb 14 2010, 10:38 PM

3 posts

havent see fusion ? bcoz my sis use the red wing brand that provide by the company..
so im sure this brand got..
but i didnt know where to find it fusion..

U+FFFD
post Feb 14 2010, 10:49 PM

2,356 posts

Okay, found this in Google:
http://www.uniweld.com.my/
RED WING SHOE SHOP SDN BHD
Lot 1.30, 1st Floor, Pertama Compleks,
Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman,
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel/Fax: 603-2692 4233

Pertama Complex does have many shops selling leather accessories like boots and jackets.

By the way, I also found a thread on Red Wing shoes in Kopitiam section (link below)
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1230409

This post has been edited by Fusion[eX]: Feb 14 2010, 10:50 PM
isma45
post Feb 14 2010, 10:52 PM

- rocking the highway -
582 posts

y must red wings? i just bought black hammer safety shoe last week.. nice design with great comfort
TStauke
post Feb 15 2010, 12:21 AM

3 posts

waaa...really isma ? i already survey they black hammer...i know comfort but it is heavy rite ?
coz my work always walk there..walk here...a lot of walk walk wwalk...
i need boots that comfort+light....btw isma...wat model of black hammer that u bought ??

thanx very much fusion....really appreciate ur help...
djduzker
post Feb 15 2010, 03:19 AM

Enthusiast
921 posts

Just wear Doc Marten Toe for safety shoes...
hedonkop
post Feb 15 2010, 12:01 PM

orange bicycle shop
848 posts

hi tauke,

Red Wing is absolutely a high end boot brand and it was hard to find this american brand. I can only saw a pair of red wing at 2nd hand shop.
raul88
post Feb 15 2010, 06:45 PM

░░Madridista ░░
2,261 posts

just go to hardware store buy those phua chua kang's boot la

netmatrix
post Feb 15 2010, 06:47 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

I wonder why you would want to wear safety shoes for walking? Does your job require you to wear one? If you want to wear one just for the sake of wearing one, here are some advise to why its not a daily walkabout shoe.

- Its heavy
- The steel toe cap can cause pain
- The temperature inside the shoe is much hotter than normal leather shoes

BTW Red wing used to be sold in Malaysia. In fact one of my relatives worked for the distributor and i got free t-shirts from him.

Anyway for other safety shoes brand you could look for CAT (catepillar). Or those hardware shop sure can find Mr Mark. But if you want safety shoes lookalike, i would go for Timberland or Kickers.

This post has been edited by netmatrix: Feb 15 2010, 06:48 PM
kotmj
post Feb 16 2010, 12:43 AM

The Coatmaker's Apprentice
3,802 posts

They look like shit. I am potentially in the market for a pair of "manager" level workboots (steelcap + rubber sole) but they need to look like Edward Greens and have a thick leather insole to soak up perspiration.
SUSvmammoth
post Feb 23 2010, 12:18 PM

Getting Started
265 posts

EXXONMOBIL used to provide Red Wings for their staffs who go offshore. I am not sure if they have switched brand.
pupjoint
post Sep 3 2010, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

this is an old thread. I have been using the RedWings Pecos for work for the last 6 years. given free a pair a year by the company.

some may like it some may not. they are very durable and strong.

having seen and used many safety shoes, IMO, they look among the best. the front portion of the shoe is so sleek that it doesnt even look like a safety shoe from the outside.

if you want to be stylo, they even have the cowboy toe type that looks even better.

The Pertama Complex shop is sad to say crap to buy Red Wings. they have limited stock , limited size and have to order everything. Not to mention they are also Rm100 more expensive than the other shops.

the shop lady's cocky attitude doesnt even help.

it may be a bit far for you, best place to buy RedWing boots would be the East Coast - Kemaman. Any hardware shop will sell you the PECOS model for RM500 cash. this was last year. I am not sure if the price has gone up.

In Thailand, the same shoes go for RM1000.

Shop in Pertama wanted RM600 - no discount.

Red Wings also make a type for the office use, they dont look that great, but again one of the best i have seen for office like safety shoes.

Most common model is the PECOS, because 99% of the oil industry uses the same model. if you want fancier models, you may have to order your own.

I do have a few friends who doesnt like this shoe though. they are quite heavy due to the contruction and thick leather.

Added on September 3, 2010, 4:53 pmuser posted image
user posted image
user posted image

this is the model used by 99% of the guys in the oil industry. when new, they actually look quite nice with blue jeans.

slightly different version

user posted image

This post has been edited by pupjoint: Sep 3 2010, 04:53 PM
MeToo
post Sep 3 2010, 06:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(pupjoint @ Sep 3 2010, 04:43 PM)

it may be a bit far for you, best place to buy RedWing boots would be the East Coast - Kemaman. Any hardware shop will sell you the PECOS model for RM500 cash. this was last year. I am not sure if the price has gone up.

Kemaman/Dungun still carries the brand. THis is manily due to the Petronas complexes there, they are all mostly using this brand, I used them about 10 years back when constructing the Aromatic plant there.
malutapimau
post Sep 4 2010, 04:35 PM

Enthusiast
708 posts

best lookign redwings,,,,imo

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
pupjoint
post Sep 4 2010, 08:00 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

yea, those are usually given to office workers. they have in black and also lace ups. forgot what style though, i only had a chance to get 1 pair in my career so far.
pasquinel
post Dec 6 2010, 07:59 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

Now, these are shoes for (real) men!
isaaccsloh
post Feb 24 2011, 03:07 PM, updated 15y ago

49 posts

Hi guys, sorry to say that have a new thread not related to fashion. cause i m planning to have one but dunno how the quality, durability and comfortable of it???? the style and the design i really like it, it something similar like Red Wing 875. But for Red Wing it was too expensive for me and some more i will wear it to construction site. Still have to mention that the brand of Police was not cheap also, it cost me RM260 for a safety boot???!! Pls leave ur comment if u guys experience it. thanks in advance.
leong31
post Jul 2 2011, 02:39 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

Hi, i have been into steel toe, and is wishing to get a pair of long lasting ones.

any good ones that you all have purchased before?

or any good shop that is selling one of those?

previously i bought a pair from some small shop and it was really lousy that the black colour came off like patches after few months doh.gif

i would like to get a black/dark colour ones since i may use it during work, i hope the sole can last for a long time smile.gif

oh ya i am near kl area, thanks a lot notworthy.gif
MyZee
post Jul 2 2011, 03:12 AM

1 posts

do you mean safety boots/shoes?
try the Caterpillar steel toe at Studio R, Midvalley.
if you hv the moolah, they are many reputable brands to choose from such as Dr. Martens, Timberland & Red Wing.
most of the offshore workers i know use Red Wing.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0232sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:02 AM