Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Gavin Tee: Malaysia’s Condos Reaching RM5K psf, by 2016. Discuss.

views

jeghui
post Feb 4 2011, 07:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,930 posts

Not really a fan of % reporting or proportioned figure reporting.

one landed example, BK9 Warna, developer price 2007 RM350k now about 600k. And they haven't even finished doing the flyover or completed the development of BK9.

rm250k cool 'profit'.

But really Pai is right about high-rise buildings yield rate. Good rental income go in tandem with capital appreciation. But must get a nice floor and view to maintain value and demand. thats why Pai always 'first in the queue' hehe.

But bear in mind about the oversupply of high rise residential. But again, if your unit's nice you don't have to worry you will have the upper hand against the rest of hundreds of units!

Pai, I must ask, did you get any units from Empire D or City? I heard Mammoth in trouble now.
epie
post Feb 4 2011, 09:49 PM

Regular
1,590 posts

i have 1 question here
which 1 do u think easy to rent out
high rise or landed?
TShidden830726
post Feb 4 2011, 10:50 PM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

nice share there pai.

hmm, this thread has slowly become pai's property talk :-)

Imo high rise easier
Pai
post Feb 5 2011, 02:26 AM

~ Billionaire in training ~
3,318 posts

QUOTE(jeghui @ Feb 4 2011, 07:34 PM)
Not really a fan of % reporting or proportioned figure reporting.

one landed example, BK9 Warna, developer price 2007 RM350k now about 600k. And they haven't even finished doing the flyover or completed the development of BK9.

rm250k cool 'profit'.

But really Pai is right about high-rise buildings yield rate. Good rental income go in tandem with capital appreciation. But must get a nice floor and view to maintain value and demand. thats why Pai always 'first in the queue' hehe.

But bear in mind about the oversupply of high rise residential. But again, if your unit's nice you don't have to worry you will have the upper hand against the rest of hundreds of units!

Pai, I must ask, did you get any units from Empire D or City? I heard Mammoth in trouble now.v
chief, BK9 warna 250k profit over 350k investment is approx 70% caps over 4 years. With hindsight, could have made the more returns buying 2 units of Casa Mutiara in 2007 ( 2 units total 320k price in 2007, today worth at least 600k, backed by 12%-14% solid yields wink.gif ). More work though, but more returns as well + good nite sleep with decent pocket money every month from rentals tongue.gif

Also, personally focus on buying the right dev + right units even if didnt get the best floors or view.........have bought units before facing west n cemetary previously but still made more than decent gains...........

Yes, am vested in ME's dev.......... smile.gif

Added on February 5, 2011, 2:27 am
QUOTE(hidden830726 @ Feb 4 2011, 10:50 PM)
nice share there pai.

hmm, this thread has slowly become pai's property talk :-)

Imo high rise easier
sorry never meant to hijack........I'll stop posting here unless there's questions..or perhaps if anyone has questions can always PM me... cheers notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by Pai: Feb 5 2011, 02:43 AM
epie
post Feb 5 2011, 11:04 AM

Regular
1,590 posts

bro pai,
pls keep posting...we need ur comments n opinions
some will agree n some not...its normal

in the real world...we need to pay to get opinion
jeghui
post Feb 5 2011, 01:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,930 posts

Thanks pai. Very enlightening, dude. Just don't be another azizi or gavin tee what not.
Pai
post Feb 5 2011, 03:03 PM

~ Billionaire in training ~
3,318 posts

QUOTE(jeghui @ Feb 5 2011, 01:20 PM)
Thanks pai. Very enlightening, dude. Just don't be another azizi or gavin tee what not.
To be honest.........I rate Gavin a lot higher than AA............at least I know for a fact Gavin makes more $$$ than AA when it comes to prop investing........ AA is a better personal finance advisor than a prop investor.........the aim is to be better than both of them combined wink.gif

Added on February 5, 2011, 3:07 pmBack to the topic............ irrespective of whether Gavin's prediction materializes, which of the following prop segment u all think will benefit the most by 2016 :

1. Commercial shoplots
2. Commercial offices
3. Luxury condo's (> 700psf)
4. Medium end highrise
5. Low cost highrise
6. Luxury landed (bungalows, SD)
7. Medium cost landed (link below 1mil)
8. Low cost landed

And pls share you pick your call? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pai: Feb 5 2011, 03:07 PM
kbandito
post Feb 5 2011, 04:13 PM

Regular
1,172 posts

Low cost highrise in GKL boundaries, 200-350psf.
Shit, what world is this to name 200-350psf low cost.
justin_5
post Feb 5 2011, 05:32 PM

Casual
310 posts

if really 5mil psf in malaysia.. id rather move overseas.. bye bye malaysia...
epie
post Feb 5 2011, 09:12 PM

Regular
1,590 posts

QUOTE(justin_5 @ Feb 5 2011, 05:32 PM)
where on the earth u got 5mil psf rclxub.gif
property101
post Feb 5 2011, 10:25 PM

Regular
1,830 posts

QUOTE(epie @ Feb 5 2011, 09:12 PM)
where on the earth u got 5mil psf rclxub.gif
maybe indonesia tongue.gif
epie
post Feb 6 2011, 10:31 AM

Regular
1,590 posts

QUOTE(property101 @ Feb 5 2011, 10:25 PM)
maybe indonesia  tongue.gif
owh...if using rupiah then it still ok tongue.gif
lastresort
post Feb 6 2011, 12:50 PM

36 posts

Dear all, I plan to invest in condos that give good rental income and at the same time give good value if I decide sell 10-20 years later.

I have a few questions for all shifus regarding the factors to consider when buying a condo for rental investment. I'm sure some of us have the same questions.

1) is it true that condos on higher floors with better view will appreciate faster in value (in terms of % appreciation, not absolute value) (say for every level higher, the initial purchase price increases by RM6000 per floor)

2) is it easier to rent out a unit and at a higher rental price which is on a higher floor with a better view (do the tenants normally factor in the view and high floor when they rent an apartment).

3) leasehold vs freehold if you intend to keep for at least 10-20 years and hope to make some captial gain. (because you may need cashflow any time for another investment)

4) is it true that smaller units appreciate faster per sq feet. Is there an optimum size for rental investments (meaning not too small, and not too big because some people prefer a decent size unit) If there is an optimum size that give better rental return and is easier to rent out, can I know what's the size range. I know for places closer to city, people would normally go for smaller sizes, and places further in suburb, people would go for slightly bigger units, what are the size ranges?

5) is it advisable to invest (for rental and capital gain) in condo away from the city centre in a corner of a developing township that is quiet near hills and golf course and away from the crowd. (but not necessarily low end)

6) do you have any comment on those condos with guaranteed rental return as agreed by the developer.

7) Iskandar Johor got potential for better growth? compared to KL or penang as I consider these places to be developed and have matured.

In other words, will the development and price PSF gap between Iskandar Malaysia (Johor) and KL/Penang narrow, maintain or widen (in % terms) in the long term (10 years).

For example the same condo in JB would cost 50% psf of that in KL. In 10 years time, would the same condo in JB cost 20 % or 90 % of that in KL. Say they are exactly identical condo, only one is in KL city centre, another in JB city centre.
TShidden830726
post Feb 6 2011, 12:52 PM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

QUOTE(justin_5 @ Feb 5 2011, 05:32 PM)
The thread mean 5k psf, not 5million psf rofl tongue.gif

But true Rupiah possible. 5million psf

This post has been edited by hidden830726: Feb 6 2011, 12:52 PM
property101
post Feb 6 2011, 02:32 PM

Regular
1,830 posts

QUOTE(lastresort @ Feb 6 2011, 12:50 PM)
Dear all, I plan to invest in condos that give good rental income and at the same time give good value if I decide sell 10-20 years later.

I have a few questions for all shifus regarding the factors to consider when buying a condo for rental investment. I'm sure some of us have the same questions.

1) is it true that condos on higher floors with better view will appreciate faster in value (in terms of % appreciation, not absolute value) (say for every level higher, the initial purchase price increases by RM6000 per floor)
not necessary appreciate faster, but will have a higher demand provided there are 2 identical units with identical price, typically people will prefer higher floor, unless the person fear of height. RM6000 per floor is a bold figure, usually is from RM500 - RM2000, typically is RM1000 increase per floor

2) is it easier to rent out a unit and at a higher rental price which is on a higher floor with a better view (do the tenants normally factor in the view and high floor when they rent an apartment).
again, higher floor will have an advantage if the 2 units have identical features, identical price and the person not fear of height. for own stay or people who have the intention of staying in a place for a longer period (such as family), good view might be one of the factors that they consider. typically students and working singles just need a place to sleep and use their computer

3) leasehold vs freehold if you intend to keep for at least 10-20 years and hope to make some captial gain. (because you may need cashflow any time for another investment)
since you didnt specify, i assume you are talking about high rise here. if possible, of course, freehold is better. common sense. but not necessary to over rate the leasehold or freehold factor. people still buy and sell leasehold property from time to time. traditionally high rise do not command too much capital appreciation, but in the past few years, appreciation for some high rise is not too bad, some could even match with landed property. cashflow + capital gain, what a deal!

4) is it true that smaller units appreciate faster per sq feet. Is there an optimum size for rental investments (meaning not too small, and not too big because some people prefer a decent size unit) If there is an optimum size that give better rental return and is easier to rent out, can I know what's the size range. I know for places closer to city, people would normally go for smaller sizes, and places further in suburb, people would go for slightly bigger units, what are the size ranges?
investors like to buy smaller unit because it is cheaper (entry cost & installment). your optimum size would have to depend on your target tenants. considering yourself as a tenant, will you feel comfortable if the size is too small? will you feel it is such a waste if you are paying for a large room that you do not need?
people who stay closer to city stay in smaller unit because they cant / not willing to afford a bigger unit. the property nearer to city is generally more expensive (psf), therefore the rental will also be more expensive. since the tenants just need 4 walls to complement their hectic life style, smaller and more affordable unit is all they need. (this does not apply to the minority of high income expat though)
people who stay in suburb stays in larger unit because suburb units are more affordable. 
some of the simplest way to push your high rise cashflow is to make a partition in your living hall for an extra room and then rent out the rooms separately.

5) is it advisable to invest (for rental and capital gain) in condo away from the city centre in a corner of a developing township that is quiet near hills and golf course and away from the crowd. (but not necessarily low end)
if it is away from city center, return of rental might not be too lucrative. consider yourself very lucky if you can get positive cashflow. it is more like a bet that hoping the township will boom. make sure you have done enough homework for that township. you should have good holding power if you want to go for such a deal

6) do you have any comment on those condos with guaranteed rental return as agreed by the developer.
one of the property gurus discussed about this. the guaranteed return is there only as long as the developer is around. who will give the guaranteed return if the developer has close shop?
another point to note, even with guaranteed return, the owner might still need to bleed cash every month. so whats the point?
i saw a deal in cyberjaya offered by developer, the guaranteed rental is simply cannot cover loan installment + maintenance + wear & tear, it just simply dont make "sense"!

7) Iskandar Johor got potential for better growth? compared to KL or penang as I consider these places to be developed and have matured.

In other words, will the development and price PSF gap between Iskandar Malaysia (Johor) and KL/Penang narrow, maintain or widen (in % terms) in the long term (10 years).

For example the same condo in JB would cost 50% psf of that in KL. In 10 years time, would the same condo in JB cost 20 % or 90 % of that in KL. Say they are exactly identical condo, only one is in KL city centre, another in JB city centre.
xepa
post Feb 6 2011, 08:16 PM

Casual
367 posts

QUOTE(Pai @ Feb 5 2011, 03:03 PM)
To be honest.........I rate Gavin a lot higher than AA............at least I know for a fact Gavin makes more $$$ than AA when it comes to prop investing........ AA is a better personal finance advisor than a prop investor.........the aim is to be better than both of them combined wink.gif

Added on February 5, 2011, 3:07 pmBack to the topic............ irrespective of whether Gavin's prediction materializes, which of the following prop segment u all think will benefit the most by 2016 :

1. Commercial shoplots
2. Commercial offices
3. Luxury condo's (> 700psf)
4. Medium end highrise
5. Low cost highrise
6. Luxury landed (bungalows, SD)
7. Medium cost landed (link below 1mil)
8. Low cost landed

And pls share you pick your call? smile.gif
imo, medium cost landed. maybe it's just a poor man's thinking tongue.gif
lastresort
post Feb 6 2011, 08:39 PM

36 posts

Hey property101, thanks for your views. There are just too many factors to consider, more importantly budget and holding power. Of course if I have both, I would choose one nearer to the city centre or even go for commercial. But i guess i have to start somewhere small.
property101
post Feb 6 2011, 09:36 PM

Regular
1,830 posts

QUOTE(lastresort @ Feb 6 2011, 08:39 PM)
Hey property101, thanks for your views. There are just too many factors to consider, more importantly budget and holding power. Of course if I have both, I would choose one nearer to the city centre or even go for commercial. But i guess i have to start somewhere small.
the most difficult is being committed and buy your first investment property, thats where the major learning curve is
our brain usually work to best efficiency when we have little resources wink.gif

This post has been edited by property101: Feb 6 2011, 09:36 PM
lastresort
post Feb 6 2011, 11:10 PM

36 posts

actually i've already bought my first investment property about a month ago, but not too sure if it was a good choice (it is very important the first one is right!). I don't intend to stop here, that's why i asked for advice and opinions hoping I can make better decisions in future. If anyone has differing opinions to the questions i asked, feel free to add. We can all learn from one another. smile.gif

Also, what other factors do you guys normally consider? rolleyes.gif
TShidden830726
post Feb 6 2011, 11:12 PM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

QUOTE(property101 @ Feb 6 2011, 09:36 PM)
the most difficult is being committed and buy your first investment property, thats where the major learning curve is
our brain usually work to best efficiency when we have little resources wink.gif
Although not always a good idea, another way is to share your first property with someone. Parents would be a good candidate. Girl friend better avoid.

13 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0284sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:10 PM