Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Streamyx Streamyx Is Planning Revising Fair Usage Policy, Do you agree or not ? Please Vote Now ?

views

vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 01:02 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

this is day light robbery by TM

Due to 10% why the remaining 90% have to bear with them ? Throttle those 10% and leave the 90% alone.. They paying for the same share of pie, just because someone eat more.. does not mean they have to share with the remaining ones. TM is being unreasonable in their FUP

throttle those 10% speed to 512Kbps, not the 90% ones. TM is expecting us to upgrade to Fiber. but fiber rollout is slow and wont even cover entire nation even in 10 years given the rate they are expending. Most user are ADSL due to limited option. Just because most user are ADSL user, TM wished to play god by doing anything they like to whoever they like. This is just unjust in any way possible. Do individual based bandwidth throttling not entire community based throttling.

it true that u have 4mbps speed but it does not mean that you can download over 1TB of data per month. This i have to agree. TM please give clear clarification on how you identify heavy and lite user ? Does mean if i go Youtube everyday i am automatically a heavy user ? Please clear and definite statement on what your perspective of heavy and lite user ?

TM, why are you so persistent in applying FUP on streamyx ADSL user but you still let UNIFI volume cap unlimited ? Arent you being unfair to all of use normal user ? You feed those hungry eater with buffet but you just serve a plate of fried rice to us ADSL user and we have to share the fry rice summore.
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 01:04 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Dec 18 2010, 01:59 AM)
allow MAXIS already ma...
it not allow maxis in to network, dont get the idea wrong

is like tm still sell unifi but under maxis name
it almost like rebadge but in internet package

based on the sales, maybe 20% might go to Maxis pocket but 80% still masuk TM pocket. Rebadge is what Malaysian company are good at !
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 01:15 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

if TM insist on aplying volume cap this is what i want or most of us want

512Kbps -> 50-80GB per month
1Mbps -> 80-150GB per month
2Mbps -> 150 -250GB per month
4Mbps -> 250 -350GB per month

screw those who download 1TB per month, Just because u download 1TB for yourself.. all of us have to suffer vmad.gif
i see that volume cap is pretty reasonable for me.. as i only download a max 150Gb per month. laugh.gif
user may different
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 01:20 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(takercena @ Dec 18 2010, 02:12 AM)
And therefore, why they introduced 4mbps package at first place?
when 4mbps ADSL is introduced. it the same like want to show off.. that we have high speed ADSL line. But what they dont know that those 4mbps ADSL line is like a peanut when other region ISP see it

it the same as UNIFI now.. want to show off our nation have fiber infrastructure but in the end it still UNIFAIL. as while others are reaching 200Mbps or 1Gbps. We are still stuck at 20mbps max. While company like singtel offer 200mbps but international 25Mbps. That 25Mbps is more or less guaranteed speed

but even with unifi 20Mbps, sometime you hardly reach 5mbps in international speed doh.gif
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 01:27 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(takercena @ Dec 18 2010, 02:17 AM)
I am wondering if ADSL is stable enough to download 1TB per month. sleep.gif
u wont belip i got similiar idiot frend who just download 1TB for fun

me: you downlaod finish already, why downlaoding sumore ?
idiot: oh just download for fun, i pay rm88 for 1mbps i better fully use it. Download anything as long maintain my line is in use

You see this type of mentality is what most of use are !
for me i just download whatever i need and turn off my pc or stop downloading.
BTW it save my pocket from another Monopoly company TNB

QUOTE(birain @ Dec 18 2010, 02:18 AM)
i'm paying RM66 for 512/128. my upload speed looks pathetic  sad.gif
you pay less, u don expect it to be nice right ?

i still paying RM160 for my 4mbps.. while TM refuse to change my package to a cheaper one.
want change, apply new line thumbup.gif thumbup.gif what a great answer from TM
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 01:33 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(Oga @ Dec 18 2010, 02:27 AM)
Before I cast my vote, does revising FUP mean it's a good thing or a bad thing?
is good to a certain extent where those heavy 1tb downlaoder learn their lesson but bad as TM have not give clear definition on what they plan to do

QUOTE(mylinear @ Dec 18 2010, 02:28 AM)
Sure enough, it was already said before...  normally after this sort of meeting with some users, something like this will happen, and it has.

It really seems that TM is using these user group meetings to do their dirty work for them. They let some users go and spread the news and get feedback. Seriously, a large company like TM can't do this sort of survey or pass on news by themselves??
They want jaga muka.. Last time they already make public shame when introduce unifail with download cap

vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 01:39 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(khtan2000 @ Dec 18 2010, 02:25 AM)
TM just want to show off they got the technology ...FTTH sounds good until see the speed offered by them.

Dont even understand why they want to deploy FTTH in the first place while adsl speed not even max out.

ADSL1 up to 8mbps
ADSL2 up to 24mbps

imagine I'm syncing to ADSL2+, but running at 1mbps hahaa  doh.gif , don't know why they want to switch to ADSL2+ equipment also since only offer low speed connection
they reason why they switch to ADSL2+ is because most network vendor are phasing out ADSL1 equipment. Who still use ADSL1 ? even Vietnamese use ADSL2+

but what embarrassing is that even with ADSL2+ they cant even offer the max speed of ADSL1 max speed of 8mbps. doh.gif
i done a survey before and it seem that in Japan DSLAM server are placed almost every 500m from the main road to the resident house and one Taman (Neighborhood usually in Japan) may have up to 5-8 DSLAM server play within a inter-lapping radius of 500m. So it mean that most of them can enjoy max speed of ADSL2+

In malaysia ? 2 taman 1 DSLAM server thumbup.gif the most is two per-Taman thumbup.gif
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 01:45 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(Oga @ Dec 18 2010, 02:42 AM)
No no guys..

Forget about the 1TB downloaders. They're insane bandwidth eaters. I'm talking about us 1Mbps users who download ~30GB a month. If it matters to you, my usage is mainly downloading HD video podcasts from Miro. They are 100% legit videos, nothing illegal. Go check if you don't believe me.

So the question is. Yes is good/bad for what? No is good/bad for what?
like i mention

TM have yet to give a clear defination on what are lite or waht is heavy user ?
for example, some mak cik pak cik use 1mbps view email or online news.. they sure use less than 10gb pr month.. u use 30gb ?

so TM will consider you heavy or lite user ? That is what we dont know.. This is the bad i highlighting
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 01:49 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(Oga @ Dec 18 2010, 02:47 AM)
Ok I got your drift. You make an excellent point. As you said, they need to be transparent about how they categorize a heavy user versus a light user.
transparency is WAHT TM lack of !
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 12:45 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

you cant totally believe stats given by them.. How much is truth, how much is lies ?
unless u have some independent body to conduct the survey. Hey, This is malaysia Boleh land apa-apa stat pun kita boleh bikin laugh.gif

what i belip is kill those bandwidth hogger, leave the 90% alone.. but should TM start their volume cap on Unifi before start on streamyx user ? At least it show that TM is not giving free buffet to one but giving fry rice to another. Then streamyx user have no say TM is giving free buffet to unifi. It a fair-fair situation and They ™ have nothing to lost

vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 12:52 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(mylinear @ Dec 18 2010, 01:42 PM)
Come on Tentris, just because TM tells you something, can you take it as the truth? What if we ask you to verify what you are saying here? Can you just say you got it from TM  and so it is the truth and we have to believe it? Unless you work for TM and have access to info which you can verify yourself and make it available to us as proof, we can say the same thing to you.

For example, we say Unifi is using Streamyx bandwidth. You say we cannot prove that so we should not say it. Can you say Unifi is not using Streamyx bandwidth and prove it to us?

I have asked many times before a simple question and also probably directed it to you in some post elsewhere. Does Unifi and Streamyx have separate bandwidth allocation? No one has answered that. Did you or others ask TM that?

I also asked before, what changed a month ago for all this capping to come up? Before that users seem to be getting along fine (with some exceptions). But then capping happened and everyone was affected. So what changed? And now, users seems to be sort of back to normal like last time again (with some exceptions). The large number of complaints in the other capping thread is no longer there. So what changed again suddenly?

Do you have proof to say it is not due to some 20+ exchanges coming online for Unifi users in this last quarter?

You see, if users are given more info and facts, then we can judge the situation better. But no one wants to provide such info. TM does not provide such info to users. Instead they have a meeting with some 30 users, who by the way was not selected in any way by other users to represent all users, and as you have probably noticed, is more of a PR meeting. And let those 30 users go deal with the rest of the users.
i have been mentioning.. Streamyx and Unifi run on separate network, diff gateway, diff equipment. Both have their own bandwidth and own speed. But what set two apart is how much bandwidth each service have ! This information is what TM holding back. They say canot reveal as may effect their business planning whatsoever (Not that it really matter when their are unofficial monoplist of internet in malaysia, a fact they denying)

Those 1TB downlaoder kill them.. leave those who download like 100Gb per month alone.. damm even now FB page loading sometime more than 1MB
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 01:02 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(mylinear @ Dec 18 2010, 02:00 PM)
I am referring specifically to the international bandwidth link and capacity. Yes, they are on different networks and technology etc, but does that mean that they have separate international bandwidth allocation? Or its all shared? And as Tentris may say, where do you get this info from so that there is proof that it is a fact and not just a myth?
aiyo.. if from right bek unifi was introduced

i think tentirs also can verify this, do see the presentation slide.. they mention about it as well
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 01:28 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(MX510 @ Dec 18 2010, 01:46 PM)
Updated screenshot of their slides in first post

http://img405.imageshack.us/slideshow/webp...101218at326.png
slide 7
1% of streamyx user consume 20% of the international bandwidth
mean it not 20% of streamyx user hog the bandwidth.. it 1% of streamyx user hog 20% of the bandwidth. It is hard to kill that 1% leave the 99% alone ?

slide 8
average traffic per-user for 2010 is 11.7Gb per month

must be majority mak cik pak cik who go Star Online, or generally browsing only, kinda hard to belip whistling.gif

slide 9
STREAMYX 45% of volume traffic consumed by heavy user (>25GB)

25GB per-month is heavy user ? Even P1 give 30GB doh.gif i kinda expecting this is TM definition of lite (<25gb) heavy (>25gb)..

i not sure if TM just fail their math or what
50% lite user (<25GB)
45% heavy user (>25GB)
if my standard one math serve me correctly.. 5% should the the one who use between 10-25GB ?

50% + 45% +25% = 120% wow TM have 120% user whistling.gif the XTRA 20% might be ghost user

slide 10
78.3% unifi user used 0-100GBper month

hemm let see.. unifi buffet eater from 200GB to 1TB is only 2012 user. 8.52% of unifi user.. very low indeed

slide 11
Volume Based (VB) solution...

hell no.. i scare what TM might do is what like in AUSSIE, once volume exceed.. they continue charge without informing us sweat.gif

no speed drop, so you will assume no problem until your bill come doh.gif

RM2 perGB is not cheap... It expensive if RM0.50 then it quite reasonable

This post has been edited by vapeace: Dec 18 2010, 01:30 PM
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 01:33 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

from the slide they are planning to apply VB of RM2 perGB on streamyx user as well.. If compared 20Mbps speed it bang for the buck

wtf their management is thinking ??????? 512Kbps exceed VB have to pay RM2 per GB..ridiculous indeed laugh.gif
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(automan5891 @ Dec 18 2010, 02:33 PM)
heavy user (>25GB)

WTF? In UK you have to use more than 60GB to be a heavy user. Stupid TM.
60GB is consider light heavy user in UK laugh.gif it not even mid

Added on December 18, 2010, 1:39 pm
QUOTE(takercena @ Dec 18 2010, 02:37 PM)
12mb cache q9550 is RM600. 1TB hard disk is RM170. RM2 per GB?
1TB RM2000 bandwidth brows.gif brows.gif 1TB hardisk RM170

Added on December 18, 2010, 1:41 pm
QUOTE(kaiserreich @ Dec 18 2010, 02:37 PM)
Don't know who made the slide on page 11.
Comparing Fixed line VB usage charge with Wireless line VB usage charge. Way to go TM!!!!
Selective Comparison ei
they are the only VB based solution.. no one else to compare mah..

of course if they were to compare to neighbour SG.. all the blogger there sufe face palm see the pricing

This post has been edited by vapeace: Dec 18 2010, 01:42 PM
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 01:46 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(whistler @ Dec 18 2010, 02:43 PM)
Oh and to those of you wondering what constitutes a HEAVY USER in the eyes of TM...and thus deserve to be subjected to their FUP ie. your internet connection is slowed down to a much much much slower speed than what you are accustomed to...

since we dont have all the FACTS/answers, we need to base our estimation based on what we know.
UNIFI VIP20.............20,000kbps...........120GB
UNIFI VIP10..............10,000kbps............90GB
UNIFI VIP5................5,000kbps..............60GB

so...??????

ST'YMX4M....................4,000kbps..............40GB?
ST'YMX2M....................2,000kbps..............20GB?
ST'YMX1M....................1,000kbps..............10GB?
ST'YMX5K....................512kbps.................5GB?
ST'YMX3K....................384kbps.................2.5GB?

Unifi's quota is known. And although TM has not officially stated what the cut off points for Streamyx users are before they get the FUP treatment...we should be looking at those numbers for Streamyx as a rough guide?

so unless, Unifi's quota gets bumped up...that is what we should be expecting very soon on Streamyx?
are my numbers right? comments?
2.5Gb that even lower than Maxis broadband plan doh.gif not to mention slower

Streamy 40GB per month ?? this is the joke of the year
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 02:10 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(takercena @ Dec 18 2010, 02:51 PM)
Well if 30 000 of streamyx user download 1TB every months, then our bandwidth is around 750TB
tipu lah.. 750TB even server hosting give 500TB bandwidth laugh.gif 750TB for entire nation is ridiculous
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 03:02 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(Tentris @ Dec 18 2010, 03:48 PM)
25GB = heavy user for streamyx seems low, considering that 4MB packages will be able to breach that limit easily. For a 1MB package to breach 25GB seems (i haven't calculated exactly) like it requires some pretty heavy downloading time.

11GB average for streamyx users per month -- that average is heavily skewed by the minority that use a lot.

Pay as you use (VB) looks like their current planning. I've been lobbying for this for some time, but i think we should only agree to it IF they are able to provide some speed guarantees.

RM2 per GB is high. RM1 = 1GB is ideal (in comparison to what we currently pay now)
this ? i sure no one lah

FIber yes.. ADSL ??? definitely no

i go for volume limit like 150GB per- month.. after exceed speed throttle to 20% or 10% it better than suffer pay extra for what you used
we already pay extra compred to others, why should we pay extra summore
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

I think there a few confusion here

Volume based (VB) is TM give you 150GB per-month, once you exceed. For Example, for every 1Gb you exceed the 150GB limit, you have to pay RM2. Speed still maintain and not throttled to 10%

Limited bandwidth ( LB) is also almost the same, TM give you 150GB per-month, but once you exceed the 150GB, your speed drop to 10% or 20% of your package speed. You dont pay extra for every data you download after exceed the limit. Currently applied to UNIFI

MX150, i hope you can update this at main page..

i definitely go for Limited Bandwidth (LB) no matter what.. at 10% speed ( for example i 4mbps, 10% = 0.4Mbps) 0.4Mbps is good enough for browsing but not heavy download..

VL force me to pay extra for the same speed for every data i download.. This is sucking money out of my wallet

This post has been edited by vapeace: Dec 18 2010, 03:14 PM
vapeace
post Dec 18 2010, 03:16 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(Oga @ Dec 18 2010, 04:14 PM)
I read every person's post and saw the slides.

What's really bugging me, apart from all this nonsense TM is planning to do, is why on earth am I paying RM99 while others are paying RM88???????
u could ask me the same thing

my neighbor paying RM88 for 4mbps while i paying RM160 for same speed
nak murah, potong and apply new line thumbup.gif

TM cant even do price standardization in entire nation but can so fast in applying FUP on user

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0591sec    0.15    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:49 AM