Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Citi Malaysia Assistant Manager, Citibank

views

TSggburne
post Oct 17 2010, 02:50 AM, updated 14y ago

26 posts

Hi. I have been offered by Citi Malaysia or commonly knows as Citibank as Graduate Executive. The basic salary is RM3500 with 6 months probation period. After that period, it is stated in the contract that I can assume my title as Assistant Manager level Q.

I'm just wondering what is the salary of Assistant Manager in Citibank and how long would I stay as Assistant Manager? Any experienced Citibank staffs here?

This post has been edited by ggburne: Oct 17 2010, 02:50 AM
liawkz
post Oct 17 2010, 12:27 PM

Getting Started
Validating
212 posts

QUOTE(ggburne @ Oct 17 2010, 02:50 AM)
Hi. I have been offered by Citi Malaysia or commonly knows as Citibank as Graduate Executive. The basic salary is RM3500 with 6 months probation period. After that period, it is stated in the contract that I can assume my title as Assistant Manager level Q.

I'm just wondering what is the salary of Assistant Manager in Citibank and how long would I stay as Assistant Manager? Any experienced Citibank staffs here?
Hi,congrate to u...may i noe wat is ur level of education??from?how many times of interview u been for tis position??is it very competitve position??will u accept tis offer???
TSggburne
post Oct 17 2010, 05:46 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(liawkz @ Oct 17 2010, 02:27 PM)
Hi,congrate to u...may i noe wat is ur level of education??from?how many times of interview u been for tis position??is it very competitve position??will u accept tis offer???
I'm graduating end of this year, currently doing Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering in University of New South Wales, Australia. I went to 6 interviews and I was offered 4 jobs from that. I didn't do well for my 1st stage interview with Khazanah but I did excellently in the second one but I didn't get the job. As for the other one, the company was not interested in me after I told them my expected salary is at least 3k. I had to say that because I was offered 3.5k by other company, so if the salary is lower than that, I'm pretty much not interested.

I have to say that Citibank is my first interview with bank and OCBC is my second and I got both. Citibank offers 3.5k where as OCBC offers 3.2k.

Yes the Citibank GE Program is competitive and they told us they only recruit oversea students. The students had a lunch together with the Head of HR and the recruiters and we were introduced to the program and the background of the company. The interview is only 1 stage, face to face with either the recruiters or the Head of HR.

I already accepted the offer but the good thing about the contract is that I am not bonded to them. I want to experience the culture, the job and see whether I can fit in the company first. If I found myself unhappy with the job or received better offers from other company, I would consider that opportunity. BTW, I'm not bragging or anything here although apparently, I sounded like one. I'm just sharing my experience and my thought. happy.gif

Added on October 17, 2010, 5:52 pmAnyone can provide me more info on the Assistant Manager position??

This post has been edited by ggburne: Oct 17 2010, 05:57 PM
dwin95
post Oct 17 2010, 07:20 PM

wow i finally get to type here since 2009
1,257 posts

you have a bright future , with that kind of cert you can do really well , i think smile.gif
liawkz
post Oct 17 2010, 08:03 PM

Getting Started
Validating
212 posts

QUOTE(ggburne @ Oct 17 2010, 05:46 PM)
I'm graduating end of this year, currently doing Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering in University of New South Wales, Australia. I went to 6 interviews and I was offered 4 jobs from that. I didn't do well for my 1st stage interview with Khazanah but I did excellently in the second one but I didn't get the job. As for the other one, the company was not interested in me after I told them my expected salary is at least 3k. I had to say that because I was offered 3.5k by other company, so if the salary is lower than that, I'm pretty much not interested.

I have to say that Citibank is my first interview with bank and OCBC is my second and I got both. Citibank offers 3.5k where as OCBC offers 3.2k.

Yes the Citibank GE Program is competitive and they told us they only recruit oversea students. The students had a lunch together with the Head of HR and the recruiters and we were introduced to the program and the background of the company. The interview is only 1 stage, face to face with either the recruiters or the Head of HR.

I already accepted the offer but the good thing about the contract is that I am not bonded to them. I want to experience the culture, the job and see whether I can fit in the company first. If I found myself unhappy with the job or received better offers from other company, I would consider that opportunity. BTW, I'm not bragging or anything here although apparently, I sounded like one. I'm just sharing my experience and my thought. happy.gif

Added on October 17, 2010, 5:52 pmAnyone can provide me more info on the Assistant Manager position??
reli???jz accept oversea student???hope they will accept local government student oso...

This post has been edited by liawkz: Oct 17 2010, 09:46 PM
nokia2003
post Oct 17 2010, 08:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,786 posts

QUOTE(liawkz @ Oct 17 2010, 08:03 PM)
reli???jz accept oversea student???hope they will accept local government student oso...bcs reli interested on it...since u are accept the offer dy...can u PM me other good graduate program from other bank or investment company???
just bsc u reli interested on it, TS is indebted to help you?

This post has been edited by nokia2003: Oct 17 2010, 08:22 PM
TSggburne
post Oct 17 2010, 08:21 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(liawkz @ Oct 17 2010, 10:03 PM)
reli???jz accept oversea student???hope they will accept local government student oso...bcs reli interested on it...since u are accept the offer dy...can u PM me other good graduate program from other bank or investment company???
This link might help and I saw your post in it too.

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...9358&hl=banking

Well, that was what they had mentioned to us. I don't really know about the other banks since my background is Mechanical Engineering. I only had experience with Citibank and OCBC. OCBC is okay, the position is permanent with starting salary of RM3.2k. From what I heard, HSBC has a good program for fresh graduate and they will train you in HK/UK. As for investment company or related, Khazanah is the best. Their fresh graduate investment trainee gets RM4.6k with a lot of benefits. So you can imagine what you can get after 1 year training period. 5k+ or 5.5k+? at the age before 25 lol.. Again, I don't really know much about other companies. I went for Samsung, Khazanah, Citibank, Securities Commission, Celcom and OCBC Bank only since they came to Sydney last few days and weeks ago. As far as I'm concern, I'm still young and I want to explore all the opportunities. I want to find a job that suits me and enjoyable. xD
imax80
post Oct 17 2010, 08:34 PM

Enthusiast
732 posts

wahh..oversea grad so easy to get job arr..i thought for oversea banks like citibank or OCBC Assistant Manager is called Vice President.

This post has been edited by imax80: Oct 17 2010, 08:35 PM
bucharestophere
post Oct 17 2010, 09:01 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(imax80 @ Oct 17 2010, 09:34 PM)
wahh..oversea grad so easy to get job arr..i thought for oversea banks like citibank or OCBC Assistant Manager is called Vice President.
Such firms are serious about recruiting the best minds. To put this in perspective, I was offered an assistant manager position in the Treasury Division of OCBC and I was personally interviewed by the head of global treasury. I'm sure he has relatively more important things to do than to spend approximately 50 minutes to interview each candidate.

IMHO, I think local students stand a better chance in terms of going for impromptu interviews during recruitment drive rather than just completing online applications. You will be able to really show what you are worth, if you think that you are at par with or better than overseas candidates. It is quite unfortunate, but which university you come from does play a role in deciding whether you have a job or even an interview as it acts as a form of 'signalling' to the recruiters, especially when many people are competing for a spot. Furthermore, recruiters that I have talked to has mentioned that they believe overseas students are more exposed and are more independent, considering that they spend time away from home and have cross culture experiences. However, do not take this as a discouragement as I believe that if you really want something, nothing is going to stop you from getting it.

This post has been edited by bucharestophere: Oct 17 2010, 09:11 PM
TSggburne
post Oct 17 2010, 09:04 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(bucharestophere @ Oct 17 2010, 11:01 PM)
Such firms are serious about recruiting the best minds. To put this in perspective, I was offered an assistant manager position in the Treasury Division of OCBC and I was personally interviewed by the head of global treasury. I'm sure he has relatively more important things to do than to spend approximately 50 minutes to interview each candidate.

IMHO, I think local students stand a better chance in terms of going for impromptu interviews during recruitment drive rather than just completing online applications. You will be able to really show what they are worth, if you think that you are at par with or better than overseas candidates. It is quite unfortunate, but which university you come from does play a role in deciding whether you have a job or even an interview as it acts as a form of 'signalling' to the recruiters, especially when many people are competing for a spot. Furthermore, recruiters that I have talked to has mentioned that they believe overseas students are more exposed and are more independent, considering that they spend time away from home and have cross culture experiences. However, do not take this as a discouragement as I believe that if you really want something, nothing is going to stop you from getting it.
Agree !
praveenmarkandu
post Oct 17 2010, 09:18 PM

Getting Started
273 posts

QUOTE(imax80 @ Oct 17 2010, 08:34 PM)
i love how companies try to empower their employees by giving them positions that have important sounding titles. its a HR ploy. if im not mistaken, assistant manager is just one rung up the ladder from an officer (entry level) at citibank. at ambank an assistant manager is like 4 or 5 positions higher than an entry level executive. im not familiar with the working environment in citibank but i cant imagine the graduate program will be very different from that of CIMB and AmBank which i have friends working at. just try not to expect too much when you first go in.
TSggburne
post Oct 17 2010, 09:26 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(praveenmarkandu @ Oct 17 2010, 11:18 PM)
i love how companies try to empower their employees by giving them positions that have important sounding titles. its a HR ploy. if im not mistaken, assistant manager is just one rung up the ladder from an officer (entry level) at citibank. at ambank an assistant manager is like 4 or 5 positions higher than an entry level executive. im not familiar with the working environment in citibank but i cant imagine the graduate program will be very different from that of CIMB and AmBank which i have friends working at. just try not to expect too much when you first go in.
True. That is why I want to get the opinions/answers from Citibank employees themselves.
bucharestophere
post Oct 17 2010, 09:34 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

I think an assistant manager position is similar to that of an associate, which is usually offered to MBA holders. Role and rank definition still rings true in most firms.

I recently sent an email to the HR VP to clarify the role of assistant manager. When I get a reply, I will enlighten you further smile.gif

This post has been edited by bucharestophere: Oct 17 2010, 09:35 PM
TSggburne
post Oct 17 2010, 09:44 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(bucharestophere @ Oct 17 2010, 11:34 PM)
I think an assistant manager position is similar to that of an associate, which is usually offered to MBA holders. Role and rank definition still rings true in most firms.

I recently sent an email to the HR VP to clarify the role of assistant manager. When I get a reply, I will enlighten you further smile.gif
thanks bro. I should have sent an email to them too. hahaha XD but I'm just worried if they would think negative of my approach since I told them after the interview I wanted to go for more interviews with other company and they told me "don't be greedy laaa" LOL ! anyways, thanks a lot and please let me know biggrin.gif
blackmarket
post Oct 18 2010, 12:40 AM

Enthusiast
890 posts

mind if i ask why do you pick banker as your job while having an Engineering Cert?
TSggburne
post Oct 18 2010, 03:10 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(blackmarket @ Oct 18 2010, 02:40 AM)
mind if i ask why do you pick banker as your job while having an Engineering Cert?
I lost the passion and interest in Engineering. To become an engineer, you have to have the quality and imagination to design a certain part and understand the whole process. Maybe this whole feelings is something temporary for me but I want to discover myself and grab whatever opportunity that I get. I'm still young and I want to explore myself. My true ambition is to become a businessman and to be part of business world. BTW, I'm not a *banker*.. I get the impression that I work as a teller or work at the counter when they use the word "banker". However, there are lots of higher rank *banker* comes from Engineering background. Regardless, hopefully, I'll do well in my future.

This post has been edited by ggburne: Oct 18 2010, 03:13 AM
praveenmarkandu
post Oct 18 2010, 07:51 AM

Getting Started
273 posts

QUOTE(bucharestophere @ Oct 17 2010, 09:34 PM)
wait..... so they are offering the same position to an MBA holder who has had 3-5 years working experience and has passed his professional exams to a 2nd upper fresh-grad? that does not sound right. also, how did you guys go through the interview process without asking them what the job scope is?
bucharestophere
post Oct 18 2010, 09:42 AM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(ggburne @ Oct 18 2010, 04:10 AM)
I lost the passion and interest in Engineering. To become an engineer, you have to have the quality and imagination to design a certain part and understand the whole process. Maybe this whole feelings is something temporary for me but I want to discover myself and grab whatever opportunity that I get. I'm still young and I want to explore myself. My true ambition is to become a businessman and to be part of business world. BTW, I'm not a *banker*.. I get the impression that I work as a teller or work at the counter when they use the word "banker". However, there are lots of higher rank *banker* comes from Engineering background. Regardless, hopefully, I'll do well in my future.
Isn't that the usual course of actions taken by Asians? Get an engineering degree then jump into business. But seriously, university has the potential to suck out the interests in things which you were initially interested in, too much technical mojo I guess. But then again, commerce is easier to relate to and apply in the real world. When I was flipping through my friend's engineering textbook, I was @.@ . Welcome! smile.gif
imax80
post Oct 18 2010, 09:54 AM

Enthusiast
732 posts

QUOTE(imax80 @ Oct 17 2010, 08:34 PM)
i meant they use term 'Vice President' instead of Assistant Manager, I say this because recently i worked with two vice president from citibank on a project.

This post has been edited by imax80: Oct 18 2010, 09:55 AM
Kravo
post Oct 18 2010, 10:07 AM

Regular
1,230 posts

QUOTE(ggburne @ Oct 17 2010, 02:50 AM)

shouldn't you ask this with the HR/whoever-interview you?

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:35 AM