Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Disk Partition Recovery, When BASIC becomes DYNAMIC suddenly

views

jrshow
post Jun 18 2013, 05:11 PM

Regular
1,968 posts

QUOTE(cozack @ Apr 27 2005, 11:28 PM)
problem.... solved!!! using Active@Recovery Software (for  ntfs)

both partition and all data are savely recovered!! no need to send it to data recovery center at lo yat... may be i will visit that hypermarket and told them how i did it..

thanks for your support
wow...this is a good thread...save many life bro..thanks
alvinool
post Jun 19 2013, 01:12 AM

On my way
520 posts

mac os use what software?
jrshow
post Jun 21 2013, 10:54 AM

Regular
1,968 posts

QUOTE(lex @ Apr 22 2005, 01:52 AM)
I'm kinda caught by this weird problems of drives reverting to Dynamic disks. blink.gif

I suspect it could be the use of SATA hard drive. Possibly the SATA RAID driver bugs or operating system bugs which a "new drive" (if not recognized) will be converted to dynamic disk setup (this is similar to NRAID configuration).  sweat.gif

For those who did not encounter this problem yet, I suggest not to install any SATA RAID drivers but just the normal SATA drivers instead (most manufacturers have 2 driver versions - one for RAID and the other for non-RAID setup).  unsure.gif

Another thing to watch out for is disk spanning (used for dynamic disk setups) also... If you are not using it, then disable this. blush.gif

So far I had 6 external USB HDDs (and all Seagates inside) and none of them had exhibit these kind of problems. smile.gif

Anyway.. WHAT brand and model is that external HDD case? rolleyes.gif

There is a data recovery service in Low Yat though, on the 3rd floor. Its called SCS-Myung. I suggest you ask for pricing first before trying it.. it may be quite expensive.  sweat.gif

Reference: http://www.scs-myung.com/

Anyway would like to ask a few questions here:

Which WinXP operating system are you using? 
1. Home Edition
2. Pro Edition
3. Corporate Edition

What Serive Pack are you using?
1. No Service Pack installed
2. Pre-Installed SP1 (comes with the WinXP)
3. Updated to SP1
4. Updated to SP2

Did you intsall any drive utilities such as Norton Utilities?

Did you install any drive auto-defragment utilities like "Disk Keeper"?

Can you list down your detailed full PC hardware specifications?

For research.. need to know if there are similarities in these cases. rolleyes.gif
good addmin...u very pro in hdd field right bro?
ktfong
post Oct 20 2013, 04:33 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

Serious help needed. I need help to recover recording files from a formatted memory card. Any pros here??
ajaxcbcb
post Nov 7 2013, 02:14 PM

Casual
421 posts

This issue can be resolved by using Aomei

http://www.disk-partition.com/AOMEI-ddc.html

the software is free, worked well for me to convert from dynamic drive to primary partition
XeMoAsLaM91
post Dec 8 2013, 10:56 PM

I ❤ BooBs
2,154 posts

QUOTE(ktfong @ Oct 20 2013, 04:33 PM)
Serious help needed. I need help to recover recording files from a formatted memory card. Any pros here??
reformat card. hmmm i duno about that. u can try recuva. but that for deleted files. not sure about reformat. but goodluck
eddie2020
post Dec 23 2013, 02:39 PM

Trusted
3,083 posts

I purchased transcend external hard disk few month back and seldom use it. i backup alot of my file into the hard disk. Yesterday i move some drama from my laptop to the external. Later i plug it into my gf laptop, and watched 1 movie. .

After that we go out eat, when finish eat we back and want to watch another movie it pop out this `need to format disk in drive f: before you can use it`. After plug and unplug few time, i take it out and i put into my laptop also have this same error.
I use the safety remove feature each time i plugin or unplug.How to fix this? I dont want to lost my data.

Any pros can help me out?
i tried method like chkdsk /f and its same...
when i go tools > check now (error checking) it wont show up, it will pop out the "need format disk in drive f: before u can use it"

This post has been edited by eddie2020: Dec 23 2013, 02:44 PM
Barbara12Wood
post Jan 23 2015, 10:11 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(cozack @ Apr 21 2005, 07:11 PM)
anyone.. ?

it was like this, my friends got Seagate HD (80G) and have two partition on it.he used it as extrenal storage (USB). suddenly, one of the partition can't be read/access at all, the other one can. so he send it to one of the IT shop (at Lowyat - Hypermarket something) to recover it since he need his project data on it.

To make it worst, after he send it to that shop... both of the partition can't be read anymore and the disk now mark as DYNAMIC Disc (Unreadble) when used Disk management.

so, question is, is there any way to recover that partition? if does.. how to do it?

thanks in advance.
You can use a data recovery software to recover disk partition.

WiseRecovery helps you recover lost data from Hard Drives, PCs and Laptops, Memory Sticks, USB storage media, SD card, cameras, cell phones or other storage media. It performs read only operation and will never do any damage to your card or hard drive. WiseRecovery also can recover your deleted or lost files due to situations of corruption, formatting, virus attack, etc. With WiseRecovery you don't need to worry about your lost data any more. http://www.wiserecovery.com/

1. Download WiseRecovery Data Recovery Software, install it and launch it. Click the "Start Scan" button on the main window of Data WiseRecovery.
2. You can see the list of all volumes found on your computer, select the exact drive and click the "Next" button to start scanning. If you can't see the drive, please make sure your external drives are connected, and click 'Refresh' button.
3. It will take about 2-10 minutes to scan, it depends on your disk size and files amount on the disk. After scanning is finished, you can preview text document and picture files.
Note:If you are not able to get the desired results after Deleted File Recovery, go back to home window and select the option "RAW Recovery" or "Partition Recovery ". rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
PlasticNightingal
post Feb 24 2015, 08:43 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(cozack @ Apr 21 2005, 07:11 PM)
anyone.. ?

it was like this, my friends got Seagate HD (80G) and have two partition on it.he used it as extrenal storage (USB). suddenly, one of the partition can't be read/access at all, the other one can. so he send it to one of the IT shop (at Lowyat - Hypermarket something) to recover it since he need his project data on it.

To make it worst, after he send it to that shop... both of the partition can't be read anymore and the disk now mark as DYNAMIC Disc (Unreadble) when used Disk management.

so, question is, is there any way to recover that partition? if does.. how to do it?

thanks in advance.
Hey Hiee...
actually this is because of choosing file system while partition allocation.. I think you need real expert who have knowledge of bias formatting and re installation of file system to the hard drive..
There is another way why don't you try Segate Support ..?
bluetiang
post Jan 8 2016, 12:26 PM

14 posts

Hi guys, need help here!

I was using my hard disk for few years now, one day I woke up and my WD hard disk went broken. It can be detected but instead of showing my hard disk's name, it shows as Local Disk F. Every time i try to open it, it won't open, it'll just keep reading and then hang. If i open my disk management with the hard disk plugged in, the disk management will show nothing except for 'connecting virtual disk' with no end.

I've tried uninstall and reinstall the driver, it won't work too.

I did a lot of research on net, but non of them work!

lene002
post Mar 3 2016, 04:05 PM

Getting Started
154 posts

Hi
Anyone can help me. looking for someone can do the data recovery for me
my hdd drop, 2 or 3 small things dropped out. this is the diagnose result.
please pm me

Attached Image
adilz
post Mar 3 2016, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

QUOTE(lene002 @ Mar 3 2016, 04:05 PM)
Hi
Anyone can help me. looking for someone can do the data recovery for me
my hdd drop, 2 or 3 small things dropped out. this is the diagnose result.
please pm me

Attached Image
You can try this http://www.mydatarecovery.my/

I used their service to recovery data from my 1TB external drive (kong after dropped).
kwackers
post Mar 15 2016, 09:38 PM

Casual
349 posts

Need help with a 1TB WD My Passport USB 3.0.

It shows up in Device Manager:

user posted image

...but not in Disk Management:

user posted image

I get the following error message:

user posted image

Running WD Lifeguard shows:

user posted image

I've tried several data recovery programs, but it looks like the partition's hosed. Can anyone suggest any programs or affordable data recovery service providers?
ElvisMoo
post May 26 2016, 07:38 PM

Getting Started
196 posts

Anyone using SD Card recovery software?

Need someone help to recovery some photos in SD card.
I will pay for it.

Please whatsapp or call

+6017-6783376 Elvis

Thanks
ibnet
post May 31 2016, 04:20 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(ElvisMoo @ May 26 2016, 07:38 PM)
Anyone using SD Card recovery software?

Need someone help to recovery some photos in SD card.
I will pay for it.

Please whatsapp or call

+6017-6783376 Elvis
Thanks
You can try some free recovery software like,

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

http://www.pandorarecovery.com/

http://www.pcinspector.de/Default.htm?language=1

CandyBang
post May 25 2017, 11:18 PM

3 posts

Usually, just to be safe I scan using command prompt every time I copy heavy file load.
matrix green tech
post Jan 22 2018, 10:54 PM

4 posts

MATRIX DATA RECOVERY SERVICES.

WHATSAPP +60163333004
Email:matrixdatarecovery@gmail.com

Matrix Data Recovery Malaysia, KL
We Can Recover Data From Any Type Of Damage Data Storage, NAS, Server, San, Raid, HDD, Hard Disk, SSD, Sd Card, Flash Drive, External Hard Drive, Laptop, Desktop, Mac, Apple, Mobile phone, Android, Water Damage,

1 Repair firmware failures of all hard drive brands,
2 Remove password,
3 Edit ID, repair bad sectors,
4 Reset smart,
5 Image hard drives,
6 Extract lost files,
7 Repair common firmware failures by fast solutions,
8 Recover good heads first and then recover bad heads,
9 Repair undetected drives,
10 Repair busy drives,
11 Repair 0mb or wrong sized hard drives.

1, Data extraction : full disk image, multiple pass image, selective head image, selective file image, partition image, data-only image; File extraction, scan lost partitions, recover data by file types, MFT scan, skip bad sector manually and automatically, fast and accurate extraction, repair common firmware failures, etc;

2, Seagate HDD Firmware Repair : firmware module read/write, 0mb size repair, busy repair, wrong size repair, undetected hd repair, COM port repair, SIM1009 repair, MCMT repair, SIM1002 repair, Partial sector access repair, ready and then busy repair, remove password, reset smart, etc;

3, WD HDD Firmware Repair : omb size repair, wrong size repair, busy repair, firmware module read/write/edit/generation, ROM read/write/generation, head test, head map edit, extract modules from tracks, force loading tech, ARCO and selftest, common fw write and repair, remove password, reset smart, etc;

4, Hitachi/IBM HDD Firmware Repair Module: ROM/NVRAM read/write/edit; Password removal, firmware module read/write/edit/regeneration, partial sector access repair, reset smart, etc;

5, Toshiba/Fujitsu HDD Firmware Repair Module: Firmware module read/write/edit; Password removal, Clear Glist, virtual translator fix, full disk bad sector repair, reset smart, etc;

6, Samsung HDD Firmware Repair : Firmware read/write/edit, password removal, reset smart, LED error repair, etc

YES, your data can be recovered* and you may have only single chance of recovery, all you need to do now is to contact or send over your hard storage to us for a FREE Evaluation through a very simple procedure, and you will get the actual diagnosis report which will cover the list of recoverable data and the quote within 48 hours, or simply CONTACT US immediately.
naim schwarzweiss
post Jul 16 2018, 11:47 PM

4 posts

Need help with my HDD. It shows up in device manager & disk management but not on Devices & drives (PC > Devices & drives). This problem only happen on PCs with older OS (win7, winxp).

This problem happens after I connect my HDD to PS4. After that I can't connect to PCs with older OS (as said above) but no problem on PCs with newer OS (win8 win10).

Anyone know how to solve this? Always got notifications WD SES driver not installed.

Many thanks. smile.gif
Hinoni P
post May 10 2019, 10:46 PM

Probation
8 posts

igot same problem too and tried the above solutions, ended up messed up my laptop and gave up console.gif
thefitnessdiets P
post May 15 2019, 03:45 PM

Probation
1 posts

Excellent post, It’s such a pleasure learning from you. Your blog post is always catchy and easy to read.
Thanks for such a great post...

22 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0727sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:25 PM