Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Disk Partition Recovery, When BASIC becomes DYNAMIC suddenly

views

pinksapphire
post Jul 3 2019, 01:00 AM

Regular
1,264 posts

Hi, guys...anyone here able to crack USB drive that is locked by BitLocker? I've forgotten the password and that's about the end of it. I don't have recovery key either.
Sigh, such senile mind.

If there's any place I can go to for such help, it's much appreciated too.
luke_lloyd13 P
post Aug 22 2019, 07:08 PM

Probation
1 posts

I have found some disk data recovery software. They have worked pretty well for me. You should try them and I am sure it will help you too.
shahzadhaider797 P
post Aug 28 2019, 03:34 PM

Probation
8 posts

use data recovery software to recover data from the disk

vincentkills
post Sep 11 2019, 08:39 PM

15 posts

how about live cd like hiren boot cd? https://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/, check out the recovery software included
chocobo7779
post Sep 12 2019, 05:25 AM

Power is nothing without control
All Stars
14,368 posts

QUOTE(pinksapphire @ Jul 3 2019, 01:00 AM)
Hi, guys...anyone here able to crack USB drive that is locked by BitLocker? I've forgotten the password and that's about the end of it. I don't have recovery key either.
Sigh, such senile mind.

If there's any place I can go to for such help, it's much appreciated too.
Unfortunately the only way is to find a data backup and restore it from there sweat.gif
martingail11 P
post Sep 18 2019, 09:05 PM

Probation
1 posts

You should go at hardware center. They will give you technical assistance for finding mistake of your hard disk.
sybari
post Feb 11 2020, 11:01 PM

38 posts

Bitlocker only can crack using brute force. The encryption strength at least also is AES128 considered quite high.
George441
post Apr 2 2020, 10:17 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

In Disk Management, just delete all volumes one by one and then the dynamic disk can be turned into the basic disk.
Please do the following steps,
Method 1: Use Windows Disk Management to Convert
Step 1. Run diskmgmt.msc to load Disk Management directly, or you can right-click "My Computer/This PC", select "Manage" - "Storage" - "Disk Management".
Step 2. Right-click on a dynamic volume and choose Delete Volume… Continue deleting volumes until the whole hard disk displays as Unallocated.
Step 3. Depending on the operating system you are using, after the deletions, the dynamic disk will become basic disk automatically; or you still need to right-click the dynamic disk and then choose
If still facing the problem then go to method 2.

Method 2: Use Command Prompt to Convert
Run Command Prompt as administrator. Then in the command prompt window, type these commands successively:

*diskpart
*list disk
*select disk n (n is the number of the dynamic disk you want to convert)
*detail disk
*select volume n (n is the number of the selected volume)
*delete volume (If there is more than 1 volume, just delete them one by one until all volumes on the disk are removed.)
*select disk n
*convert basic
I think it will solve your problem. dynamic disk to basic disk
minousoso P
post Apr 13 2020, 07:15 AM

Probation
5 posts

Step 1. Run diskmgmt.msc to load Disk Management directly, or you can right-click "My Computer/This PC", select "Manage" - "Storage" - "Disk Management".
Step 2. Right-click on a dynamic volume and choose Delete Volume… Continue deleting volumes until the whole hard disk displays as Unallocated.
Step 3. Depending on the operating system you are using, after the deletions, the dynamic disk will become basic disk automatically; or you still need to right-click the dynamic disk and then choose
If still facing the problem then go to method 2. Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
viqq
post Jul 21 2020, 12:02 PM

Jagger
1,818 posts

Guys my external hard disk suddenly becomes very sluggish hence I ran a chkdsk but then it got stuck and I pulled the hard disk out (unwise but was super frustrated) I know its dumb to pull the hard disk out during a chkdsk.

Now the external hard disk disappears during disk repair. Still can save the data?
RectangleX
post Jan 9 2021, 12:45 PM

On my way
642 posts

QUOTE(George441 @ Apr 2 2020, 10:17 AM)
In Disk Management, just delete all volumes one by one and then the dynamic disk can be turned into the basic disk.
Please do the following steps,
If still facing the problem then go to method 2.

Method 2: Use Command Prompt to Convert
Run Command Prompt as administrator. Then in the command prompt window, type these commands successively:

*diskpart
*list disk
*select disk n (n is the number of the dynamic disk you want to convert)
*detail disk
*select volume n (n is the number of the selected volume)
*delete volume (If there is more than 1 volume, just delete them one by one until all volumes on the disk are removed.)
*select disk n
*convert basic
I think it will solve your problem. dynamic disk to basic disk
What you mentioned above will erase all their data. If I'm not mistaken, I think people here is trying to reverse from "Dynamic Disk" back to "Basic" in the form of preserving their data.

22 Pages « < 20 21 22Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.92    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:13 PM