Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Planted Aquarium V5, Scape it NOW !! for IAPLC2011

views

radver
post Jul 13 2010, 02:03 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(moe81 @ Jul 13 2010, 01:52 PM)
SWEET  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif

ei, freestyler87. As a thread starter for version 5 u shud post a picture of ur tank la.. Come on. Do the opening honour!!!
Ya... cool.gif We want tank... We want tank... We want tank... icon_idea.gif
radver
post Jul 13 2010, 10:19 PM

18 posts

Online selling ADA bio rio 2L at RM79 only la, 1L RM50 very expensive lo...
radver
post Jul 14 2010, 03:18 PM

18 posts

http://hotfile.com/dl/54724062/695dfcd/Ori...ndbook.pdf.html

I also got one tiny contribution to make for the ebook list... tongue.gif blush.gif

Heres how the cover looks like, its more pictures then words... Enjoy cool2.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
radver
post Jul 16 2010, 10:50 AM

18 posts

Anybody tried or heard of any success with inline Co2 diffuser with DIY Co2??
Can DIY Co2 produce enough pressure for the inline diffuser to work???
radver
post Jul 16 2010, 01:55 PM

18 posts

I never tried pressurized CO2... cry.gif
radver
post Jul 25 2010, 08:16 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(moe81 @ Jul 25 2010, 06:44 PM)
yup. a regulator with built in solenoid valve. like the one i'm using.. it's only RM120. but i think he dun have stock anymore since i bought the last piece.. maybe have to order.

How come solenoid so cheap??? shocking.gif Where you get it from?? rclxm9.gif ? What brand is it??? wub.gif
radver
post Jul 26 2010, 10:32 AM

18 posts

Ya, ya... drool.gif Where is this LFS??? RM120 for solenoid very cheap le...

NO brand also nevermind, as long as it works... drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif
radver
post Jul 28 2010, 11:12 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(booby @ Jul 28 2010, 10:32 PM)
user posted image See my tank, change the soil become the marfied contra soil ady, cause small pack. The amazonia 9kg too much for my small aquarium brows.gif Give my two tetra away to the fish shop after being with me for 2 weeks sad.gif Cause someone mentioned here tetra cannot stay with shrimp. Now waiting for the lady boss to bring in some crystal shrimp for me brows.gif Btw, i heard CRS loves moss is it? means i must plant more java moss?

I like your tank, simple and nice... And most importantly no algae thumbup.gif , but mine is covered with them... cry.gif . And is that an eheim HOB filter???

I'm also starting shrimp tank, but I'm starting with RCS, lost the first batch of 30 cause my shrimps were eaten by my harlequins, now I removed them and I'm on my way to getting the next batch.

From what I read about, you need to cover the filter inlet with sponge, if not the shrimps will get sucked in. I covered mine but some still went in the filter through the surface skimmer inlet on the water surface. tongue.gif I tune down the suction on top and it solved it.

And for CRS you need to keep the temperature low, less then 26 degrees I think, so their color will be more vibrant and they'll breed. How much your tank temperature??? You keep your tank in an air conditioned room???
Someone mention before that if you keep CRS at high temperature their color will turn to almost transparent and they won't breed.

Concerning CRS I am no expert, I read about them and found out they are out of my budget. Hope someone can verify and correct the CRS facts that I posted. notworthy.gif

And is the foreground plant glosso??? IMO, you should plant them in small patches so they will sent runners and propagate faster and also plant them deeper until only the leaves are exposed on the surface. I tried them once, my lighting wasn't bright enough so they grew taller but no runners. Haiz... blush.gif
radver
post Aug 1 2010, 06:10 PM

18 posts

I've got a question about the pressurized co2 system, for those that use manual regulator and turn on and off everyday one.

Only need to open the main valve of the co2 tank is it??? No need to readjust the valve on the manual regulator ar??? icon_question.gif

I mean only need to open and off the main valve and the co2 bubble rate will stay the same is it??? icon_question.gif
radver
post Aug 1 2010, 09:55 PM

18 posts

How many bbs is actually consider low??? For a 2 ft tank...

Cause solenoid definitely out of the picture already... cry.gif
radver
post Aug 2 2010, 05:51 PM

18 posts

Haiz... I thought can on and off the tank valve enough already. No need close the regulator and the bbs will stay the same. cry.gif

Like that must close the regulator only can, but everyday need to readjust the regulator not take a lot of time meh??? icon_question.gif Later the bbs not accurate and my shrimps die.
radver
post Aug 7 2010, 03:20 PM

18 posts

Ceramic diffuser better or inline diffuser better??? icon_question.gif hmm.gif

If so, what brand and cost??? icon_question.gif hmm.gif
radver
post Aug 7 2010, 09:47 PM

18 posts

But reactor will slow down the flow of the filter right if put in the outlet??? And it'll get dirty if placed in the inlet right???

But what about inline diffuser??? hmm.gif Anyone has experience with it??? What brand you use and how often do you clean it??? icon_question.gif
radver
post Aug 8 2010, 01:12 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(Monsterjin @ Aug 8 2010, 01:57 AM)
If water is good, it is unlikely to get dirty, if it would slow down the water flow?, not much. I am using 1 inline difuser + 1 reactor (kebas from the other tank), so far, the only inline difuser that I can find is from a taiwan brand call sista, cost 49.9 from 88, I put it before the difuser using the following sequence

filter inflow -> filter -> inline difuser + co2 -> reactor -> outlet

So far, i only dismantle the reactor once for cleaning (in 2 years), and combined use onli a few months because when I temporary retire the 3ft, I just had too many parts lying around dunno wat to do with them.
So how well does the inline work??? If not coupled with the reactor. Do you get micro bubbles all over the tank if you don't use the reactor??? icon_question.gif hmm.gif

Cause I'm considering getting the inline diffuser to replace the shitty ceramic diffuser that I bought which is ista nano diffuser, the RM15 one. The bubble size is just as big as the cheap RM2 airstone produce, no difference. vmad.gif
radver
post Aug 9 2010, 09:09 PM

18 posts

Eh guys, want to ask what is KNO3 and KH2PO4??? I know they are fertilizers but can anyone elaborate??? icon_question.gif hmm.gif

And where can I get these KNO3 and KH2PO4??? icon_question.gif

Cause I want to rethink my fertilization regime, by adding these... icon_question.gif
radver
post Aug 9 2010, 10:27 PM

18 posts

But seachem very expensive... sad.gif
radver
post Aug 10 2010, 09:53 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(lordsothng @ Aug 10 2010, 09:04 PM)
holy cow its much cheaper than the lfs = = i saw it was abt 500 bucks lol
What you saw was ADA Lily pipe, the one on sell is only ADA style lily pipe, not by ADA... shakehead.gif
radver
post Aug 12 2010, 04:28 PM

18 posts

I recently went and asked around for a pressurized Co2 system here in Kuala Terengganu.

The only LFS selling it does the exchange system, that means you don't get to refill your tank but you have to exchange an empty one for a full one, where it'll cost you RM45 for the 'refill' of a 2 kg tank.

And you start buy purchasing a manual regulator and a 2nd hand 2kg co2 tank for the price of RM200.

What I want to know is it worth it??? icon_question.gif hmm.gif
radver
post Aug 12 2010, 06:14 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(Monsterjin @ Aug 12 2010, 04:33 PM)
I have a 3L tank I am letting go at rm 250 and also a regulator (unmetered type - really basic type) for rm 30, that is rm 280 in total, if u think it is worthwhile, you can get it from me, refill in KL is rm 40 per 3L, you can ask fire extinguisher company to refill since rm 45 per 2L is very expensive.

If you want to, I can re-load it for you if you can arrange a pick up
If regulator no meter how to know its going to be empty??? Wait until bubble stop coming out ar??? hmm.gif

Where are you located o??? I don't think can move it to Kuala Terengganu... blush.gif

How do you locate fire extinguisher company??? I can't find any here... icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
radver
post Aug 12 2010, 06:37 PM

18 posts

Want to introduce to you all my tank, which has just recently recovered from a very severe algae assult... blush.gif So some of the plants aren't fully grown yet biggrin.gif

This is the spec:
60cm x 37cm x 45cm
Black gravel as substrate
eheim 2213
JBL Ferrotab
JBL Ferropol 24
DIY co2 currently at 0.2bps
DIY 2 x 18 watt T8 Fluorescent lighting 12 hour
DIY 2 unit PC fan
Temperature 27-29

Plants:
Java moss
Spiky moss
Hygrophila polysperma
Asian Ambulia (Limnophila sessiliflora)
Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides)
Rotala wallichii (Rotala sp. 'wallichii')

Current inhabitant:
2 sterbai cories
4 otocinclus
25 RCS

This is low budget tank, hence all the DIY...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0579sec    0.35    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:30 PM