The iPhone 4 is here. In conjunction to its arrival, I am inviting anyone interested on the new iteration of the iPhone 4 to a meetup of likeminded individuals on this momentous occasion, at an gathering set on the date as per set on the topic. Thank you again, DG for your blessings.
However, after looking at the location and how the last Gathering was made, at Starbucks The Gardens, I'm probably much more worried on how the folks (that's us!) will be received the Starbucks after our "boisterous" outlook. *We were a noisy bunch after all* With this in mind, I'd like to open a suggestion to where the next venue should be for this, so that we won't probably get blackmarked, or worse, chased out of the venue because of the noise and our rather loud appearances.
The agenda would be the demonstration of the iPhone's 4 new features, especially FaceTime *which would logically means needing an Internet-available location*. We can also hold a second iPad-related gathering together with the iPhone 4 demo, with second rounds of accessories recommendations, which would probably be a good time to introduce the excellent, new JaDu Industries Skadoosh iPad Stand, as the stand out accessory. Anyone else who has other accessories that would like to share with the rest of the gathering attendees, please by all means , you're most welcomed to do so, so that the rest can benefot from your accessory of choice, and your recommendation of the said choice.
With that, I'd summarize the time, date, venue and accessories in attendance as follows:-
Time: 6pm onwards
Date: Friday July 2nd 2010
Location: Starbucks KLCC Ground Floor (OUTSIDE)
Accessories in attendance:-
1 - iPhone 4 16GB (7X)
2 - iPhone Bumper Case
3 - iPad 64GB Wifi + 3G
4 - Novatel Wireless MiFi
5 - ElementCase Joule Black Anodized iPad Stand
6 - JaDu Industries Skadoosh iPad Stand
Great news from Harmeet & Ksc_3688, their iPhone 4s have arrived in their hands, so more iPhones to pass around to test out the FaceTime feature Also news on the Wrapsol iPhone 4 protection, Beavis is trying his best to get the Wrapsols on time for the Gathering, let's cross our fingers that it'll arrive on time, and can be applied on the iPhone 4 LIVE at the Gathering!
What we could be demoing is the SIM-card trimming from normal-sized SIM to the Micro-SIM to be fitted into the iPhone 4. That should also be beneficial for the folks planning to use trimmed-down normal SIM with their 3G iPads. Beavis68 will be conducting the trimming down procedures.
We can also help with the setup of FaceTime, other new related iPhone 4 features and its advantages over the iPhone 3G[S]. Hopefully, by the time the date arrives, there will me more iPhone 4-specific apps taking advantage of the improved specs so that we can demo that together as well.
The main agenda would be the iPhone definitely, with more on pooling of information of what accessories to get, and so on. The iPad segment would be if any other attendees would want information on what apps are purchased by others and recommendations by them.
There are two iPhone 4 available for demo and hands-on at the Gathering, with mine having installed iMovie, and Retina Display versions of apps such as Flight Control, Twitter and Real Racing. Also also have purchased Eliminate Gunrange so that everyone can try out the gyroscope feature on the iPhone 4. I wished that Apple would have published that Jenga-like game Steve was playing during the Keynote though, that would be the most ideal app to demonstrate the Gyroscope capability. iMovie for the budding movie directors, and Real Racing Retina Display Edition is so sharpon such small screen, your eyeballs would bleed!
Other than that, the most obvious improvement would also be the most subtle: Safari, iBooks, and Google Map. Safari, even unzoomed is FREAKING READABLE because of Retina Display! It is that sharp! iBooks is like reading printed paper, and Google Map zoomed-in to Street View, is like opening a window when you Street-View to Paris!
Pictures and videos in the Photo Library. I kept the 4 videos Apple have on Apple.com in HD loaded on the iPhone, and it looks sublime! Pictures zoomed in to see pores if you like. Testing camera capabilities in low-light, tap to focus video and LED flash.
GPS lock-on in seconds. Apps opening in split-seconds even with apps running in the multitasking tray.
In short, you guys could probably make up a list to test out, probably some features that I have yet to explore. I'm learning too myself.
We Rule on the iPhone 4 no longer crashes to the Home Screen when too many farms or flying dragons or animated kingdom folks are roaming about. Pinch in and pinch out without lag, all thanks to the doubled RAM capacity.
Any iPad-related activities are also most welcomed, we can hold another multiplayer tournament, as well as person-to-person demos of your preferred apps on your iPad. I would suggest that we keep our outlook and noise level down to a tolerable standards so as to not be drawing unwanted annoyance to ourselves.
1. Stringfellow - Anywhere the majority picks
2. Beavis68 - Anywhere the majority picks
3. Harmeet15 - Anywhere the majority picks
4. Ksc_3688 - Anywhere the majority picks
5. Yuvanesh - Anywhere the majority picks
6. Cheahch - Starbucks KL Sentral
7. Objectifyme - Starbucks KLCC Ground Floor (OUTSIDE)
8. Keanyao - Starbucks KLCC Ground Floor (OUTSIDE)
9. Zwanvedder - Anywhere the majority picks
10. Yique - Anywhere the majority picks
11. Ozone9 - Anywhere the majority picks
12. Joey87 - Anywhere the majority picks
13. Jamesblunt - Anywhere the majority picks
14. SmashpOp - Starbucks KLCC Ground Floor (OUTSIDE)
15. Benny888 - Anywhere the majority picks
16. Adium - Starbucks KL Sentral
17. BarrettWong - Starbucks KLCC Ground Floor (OUTSIDE)
18. Dannygeni - Starbucks KLCC Ground Floor (OUTSIDE)
19. Lhongwuh - Starbucks KLCC Ground Floor (OUTSIDE)
20. Fawnie - Anywhere the majority picks
21. FunGuy1 - Anywhere the majority picks
22. Corvinux - Anywhere the majority picks
23. XeNOS - Anywhere the majority picks
24. Matrixation - Starbucks KLCC Ground Floor (OUTSIDE)
25. Eralus - Starbucks KL Sentral
26. TeraPox - Anywhere the majority picks
27. Sauzarv4 - Starbucks KLCC Ground Floor (OUTSIDE)
28. Mrcae - Starbucks KLCC Ground Floor (OUTSIDE)
29. Syzwn - Starbucks KLCC Ground Floor (OUTSIDE)
30. AlexGTX - Starbucks KLCC Gound Floor (OUTSIDE)
This post has been edited by stringfellow: Jul 3 2010, 03:58 PM