Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> When AC on, car shakes badly when idling, When AC off, car is quiet when idling

Aurora Boreali
post May 27 2010, 10:00 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I just noticed this symptom this morning. When the car is idling (or when I'm not stepping on the accelerator) with aircond on, the car shakes very badly and the engine feels like it could die anytime. When I turned it off, the engine feels normal again.

I parked my car and put it to P and tried turning the AC off and on several times and observed this:
AC on - car shakes badly.
AC off - car doesn't shake.

My friend told me his car had this symptom before his compressor died in a spectacular show of white smoke.

So could the compressor be the culprit? Please help!

Edit: Oh my car is a 10-year-old 1.5L auto Wira.

This post has been edited by Aurora Boreali: May 27 2010, 10:02 AM
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
chua
post May 27 2010, 10:06 AM

Getting Started

Inspect the engine mounting, probably cracked and have to change. This will cause the car to shake badly. Also, you will need to get the air regulator thingie serviced. Probably clogged with carbon or dust. Usually they will wash it with diesel/petrol.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
arturo_bandini
post May 27 2010, 10:15 AM

Getting Started

if only shakes when ac on, it sounds like wiring / battery problem...

to sum it up: when the ac also gets power from alternator / battery, there is not enough power to provide sufficient spark to your spark plugs, hence the shake.

or maybe the spark plugs are so worn out, even sufficient power will not produce a good spark.

possible solutions: change spark plugs, check wiring, add voltage stabilizer, add grounding, etc...
+Quote Post
omara86
post May 27 2010, 10:21 AM

0mg nicotine juice
Group: Senior Member

last time.. my kelisa also liek that...

the mechanic told me i hav 2 prob... thermostat and my fuel injection (throttle body) is not betul anymore... i didnt repair... i sell the kelisa and buy saga... 10 yrs old also..

This post has been edited by omara86: May 27 2010, 10:22 AM
+Quote Post
muslayer
post May 27 2010, 10:22 AM

Getting Started

more like certain vacumm hose crack
+Quote Post
omara86
post May 27 2010, 10:27 AM

0mg nicotine juice

mounting - not necessary coz that's not the cause of the shaking...
air cond unit - not big effect... my previous case, i did refurbish my aircond system (compressor, piping, filter, bla bla) still no improvement for my shaking prob.

my case is hav sumthing to do with throttle body timing/firing...
+Quote Post
Aurora Boreali
post May 27 2010, 11:12 AM

Getting Started

Hm, the problem here is:

Maybe I should send it to the workshop... but I don't want the mechanics to slaughter my wallet!
+Quote Post
the_catacombs
post May 27 2010, 01:36 PM

8 stars wooo....

when this happened??... all the while got this problem or jz this morning??..

if its fuel injection, check the ISC socket at the back of ur throttle body... mayb loosen adi.... if ISC socket loosen adi, ur ISC gears wont work to bring the idling rpm up when load (aircond, power steering, etc.) is on...

if its carburetor, check the vacuum hose connected to the ficd and idle load compensator (the thing dat looks like an ufo).... disconnected vacuum hose wont activate the actuator to bring the idle rpm up...
+Quote Post
the_catacombs
post May 27 2010, 01:39 PM

8 stars wooo....

QUOTE(arturo_bandini @ May 27 2010, 10:15 AM)
if only shakes when ac on, it sounds like wiring / battery problem...

to sum it up: when the ac also gets power from alternator / battery, there is not enough power to provide sufficient spark to your spark plugs, hence the shake.

or maybe the spark plugs are so worn out, even sufficient power will not produce a good spark.

possible solutions: change spark plugs, check wiring, add voltage stabilizer, add grounding, etc...
aircond compressor gets power via belts connected to the pulley of ur engine...
sparkplugs worn out will affect the engine regardless aircond switched on/off...

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif
+Quote Post
sooyongng
post Jun 21 2010, 07:38 PM

Getting Started

install toyota FICD.
my wira have same problem too. after installed FICD, u can control air flow into engine manually. RPM wont drop anymore!
+Quote Post
+Newbie+
post Jun 22 2010, 09:27 AM

To be needed as The Sand's Kazekage
Group Icon
Group: Staff

QUOTE(Aurora Boreali @ May 27 2010, 11:12 AM)
Hm, the problem here is:

Maybe I should send it to the workshop... but I don't want the mechanics to slaughter my wallet!
I gotta agree with omara86. Your symptoms sounds like a problem with the throttle body. Normally, the car would automatically push the RPM higher when under load from the air cond. Right now, your car doesn't seem to be doing that anymore, so it is no longer able to maintain a high enough RPM while idling with the air cond switched ON, therefore the engine is borderline about die, causing the vibration. You will notice when you are driving and not idle, the vibration goes away.
+Quote Post
sifuconman
post Jul 2 2010, 05:46 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(+Newbie+ @ Jun 22 2010, 09:27 AM)
I gotta agree with omara86. Your symptoms sounds like a problem with the throttle body. Normally, the car would automatically push the RPM higher when under load from the air cond. Right now, your car doesn't seem to be doing that anymore, so it is no longer able to maintain a high enough RPM while idling with the air cond switched ON, therefore the engine is borderline about die, causing the vibration. You will notice when you are driving and not idle, the vibration goes away.
My wira 1.5 also got the same problem. Went to mech and was told the plastic gears in the throttle body broken. Changed to local spare plastic gear but problem still there. Mech told me that the local plastic gear may not be good quality and asked me to replace the throttle body which cost > RM 1000.

Of course I don't have enough money and my car is still having this problem. Any advice ?
+Quote Post
the_catacombs
post Jul 3 2010, 10:12 AM

8 stars wooo....

QUOTE(sifuconman @ Jul 2 2010, 05:46 PM)
My wira 1.5 also got the same problem. Went to mech and was told the plastic gears in the throttle body broken. Changed to local spare plastic gear but problem still there. Mech told me that the local plastic gear may not be good quality and asked me to replace the throttle body which cost > RM 1000.

Of course I don't have enough money and my car is still having this problem. Any advice ?
wah... ur mechanic chop 9 u ahh??... sparepart shop selling rm1xx only... with labour charge max also rm300 laa....
+Quote Post
sifuconman
post Jul 3 2010, 04:06 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sooyongng @ Jun 21 2010, 07:38 PM)
install toyota FICD.
my wira have same problem too. after installed FICD, u can control air flow into engine manually. RPM wont drop anymore!
Really ? How much it costed you and where did you installed it ?

+Quote Post
amad108
post Jul 9 2010, 12:23 AM

noooooo....

QUOTE(sifuconman @ Jul 3 2010, 04:06 PM)
that FICD cost arround rm60 only, u can fit it urself ler.. icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
JinXXX
post Jul 14 2010, 12:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!

FICD ? whats is that
+Quote Post
mars16
post Jul 15 2010, 09:48 AM

Getting Started

yo! i have old proton saga around 6-7 years old also have this problem exactly as <+Newbie+ > said...so how much will it cost to repair it? any shop recommended around subang and kelana jaya here? and what should i tell the mech? pretty scare that they will chop me lol. newbie for my car, juz got it from my bro...

thanks in advance...
+Quote Post
J1@l_ l_l l\l
post Jul 26 2010, 07:03 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(amad108 @ Jul 9 2010, 12:23 AM)
that FICD cost arround rm60 only, u can fit it urself ler..  icon_rolleyes.gif
Tell us more what is FICD, what does it stand for and how does it work to increase the idle speed of the engine?

Is it being used to decrease the stoichiometric ratio or increase the amount of airfuel mixture electrically?

Added on July 26, 2010, 7:05 pmCar shake? Not engine shake? shakehead.gif

This post has been edited by J1@l_ l_l l\l: Jul 26 2010, 07:05 PM
+Quote Post
the_catacombs
post Jul 27 2010, 02:30 AM

8 stars wooo....

QUOTE(J1@l_ l_l l\l @ Jul 26 2010, 07:03 PM)
Tell us more what is FICD, what does it stand for and how does it work to increase the idle speed of the engine?

Is it being used to decrease the stoichiometric ratio or increase the amount of airfuel mixture electrically?

Added on July 26, 2010, 7:05 pmCar shake?  Not engine shake?  shakehead.gif
fast idle control device
its basically an adjustable actuator where it allows an amount of air leaked into the engine to increase the engine rpm, when the aircond kicks in
only works for fuel injection engine as ecu compensates the bypassed air with fuel, hence increasing the engine rpm

no it is not used to increase or decrease the air fuel ratio... it is not a piggyback ecu
+Quote Post
clawhammer
post Jul 27 2010, 02:31 AM

///M
Group Icon
Group: VIP

Compressor problem you either get no air cond or air cond with hot air (magnetic coil) so it has to be something else.
+Quote Post
J1@l_ l_l l\l
post Jul 27 2010, 08:24 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(the_catacombs @ Jul 27 2010, 02:30 AM)
fast idle control device
its basically an adjustable actuator where it allows an amount of air leaked into the engine to increase the engine rpm, when the aircond kicks in
only works for fuel injection engine as ecu compensates the bypassed air with fuel, hence increasing the engine rpm

no it is not used to increase or decrease the air fuel ratio... it is not a piggyback ecu
Just to confirm tht FICD is only being used in carburettor vehicles?

Added on July 27, 2010, 8:30 am
QUOTE(clawhammer @ Jul 27 2010, 02:31 AM)
Compressor problem you either get no air cond or air cond with hot air (magnetic coil) so it has to be something else.
Alvin, I hv an assumption what if the idle speed is already low but with the aircond comppressor jammed up due to lack of compressor oil?

This post has been edited by J1@l_ l_l l\l: Jul 27 2010, 08:30 AM
+Quote Post
gregy
post Aug 1 2010, 01:12 AM

Casual

QUOTE(J1@l_ l_l l\l @ Jul 27 2010, 08:24 AM)

Added on July 27, 2010, 8:30 am

Alvin, I hv an assumption what if the idle speed is already low but with the aircond comppressor jammed up due to lack of compressor oil?
FICD is used on cars with EFI only. But this thread here http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car...cnf40-4g15.html shows that carbs can also use.

I was told that compressor lube is in the gas that is circulated within the system.

This post has been edited by gregy: Aug 1 2010, 01:16 AM
+Quote Post
J1@l_ l_l l\l
post Aug 1 2010, 01:39 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(gregy @ Aug 1 2010, 01:12 AM)
FICD is used on cars with EFI only. But this thread here http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car...cnf40-4g15.html  shows that carbs can also use.

I was told that compressor lube is in the gas that is circulated within the system.
So, U'd really confirm tht FICD can be installed only in fuel injected engines?

As for the compressor oil, yes, it is being circulated together with the refigerant. Tht was vat my assumption is.
+Quote Post
gregy
post Aug 1 2010, 02:58 AM

Casual

QUOTE(J1@l_ l_l l\l @ Aug 1 2010, 01:39 AM)
So, U'd really confirm tht FICD can be installed only in fuel injected engines?

As for the compressor oil, yes, it is being circulated together with the refigerant. Tht was vat my assumption is.
Did you bother to visit the ZTH thread I referenced? I said it was intended to be used on EFIs, but in that thread someone successfully hooked it up to his carbie. Still, what's it to you anyway? You running a carb or EFI?
+Quote Post
the_catacombs
post Aug 1 2010, 04:09 AM

8 stars wooo....

QUOTE(J1@l_ l_l l\l @ Jul 27 2010, 08:24 AM)
that toyota ficd is meant for fuel injection engines... as for carburetor engines, they have their own non-adjustable ficd which hooks up to another idle load compensator (something round look like ufo) which pushes the actuator down to control the carburetor idling...

means for fuel injection, u jz need an adjustable ficd.... for carburetor, u need non-adjustable ficd and that ufo thing (idle load compensator) to work...
+Quote Post
Satanist
post Aug 2 2010, 11:36 AM

could it be your aircond belt too tight? hmmm
+Quote Post
J1@l_ l_l l\l
post Aug 2 2010, 05:39 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(gregy @ Aug 1 2010, 02:58 AM)
Did you bother to visit the ZTH thread I referenced? I said it was intended to be used on EFIs, but in that thread someone successfully hooked it up to his carbie. Still, what's it to you anyway? You running a carb or EFI?
I didn't visit the link posted but will go have a look later.

The reason I was asking is because of I saw U were saying "FICD is used on cars with EFI only", didn't U?

As the matter of fact, it isn't only tht car mentioned in the thread has managed to get the FICD installed, there are many carburettor inducted cars out there tht are fitted with FICD, one of a good examples is the VPC22 (Nissan) with A15 carburettor engine.

U may go and clarify with any automotive air-cond contractor or workshop if U are unsure bout FICD on carburettor running engines.

I'm driving a fuel carburettored Saga LMST.

Added on August 2, 2010, 5:45 pm
QUOTE(the_catacombs @ Aug 1 2010, 04:09 AM)
that toyota ficd is meant for fuel injection engines... as for carburetor engines, they have their own non-adjustable ficd which hooks up to another idle load compensator (something round look like ufo) which pushes the actuator down to control the carburetor idling...

means for fuel injection, u jz need an adjustable ficd.... for carburetor, u need non-adjustable ficd and that ufo thing (idle load compensator) to work...
U were telling tht FICD "only works for fuel injection engine" in Ur previous post, I didn't know tht U were specific to the Toyota FICD.

This post has been edited by J1@l_ l_l l\l: Aug 2 2010, 05:45 PM
+Quote Post
gregy
post Aug 2 2010, 10:00 PM

Casual

QUOTE(J1@l_ l_l l\l @ Aug 2 2010, 05:39 PM)

The reason I was asking is because of I saw U were saying "FICD is used on cars with EFI only", didn't U?

As the matter of fact, it isn't only tht car mentioned in the thread has managed to get the FICD installed, there are many carburettor inducted cars out there tht are fitted with FICD, one of a good examples is the VPC22 (Nissan) with A15  carburettor engine.

U may go and clarify with any automotive air-cond contractor or workshop if U are unsure bout FICD on carburettor running engines.

U were telling tht FICD "only works for fuel injection engine" in Ur previous post, I didn't know tht U were specific to the Toyota FICD.
If you really want to be smart, be smarter la.

First off, catacombs said FICD was used on EFI cars only. Actually he is correct, cos you won't find it installed as a *stock item* on a carbbed car.

Secondly, you asked whether it was confirmed that FICD was used on carbureted cars only.....?????wtf?

Then I said it is normally used on EFI cars, but some ppl managed to *RETROFIT* the thing into a carbie.

So I wanted to know, what's your point in trying to clarify whether or not the FICD can only be used on a carb or EFI? In your case, nobody mentioned the FICD only being used on carbs, only *you* said it. lol

If you bothered to follow the thread from the start, the TOYOTA FICD was the only one being mentioned. You even asked what an FICD was for. So of course I referred to the Toyota implementation.

Are you a kid with low powers of comprehension? Read your own post first before getting on your soapbox next time.

This post has been edited by gregy: Aug 2 2010, 10:01 PM
+Quote Post
the_catacombs
post Aug 3 2010, 03:43 AM

8 stars wooo....

QUOTE(J1@l_ l_l l\l @ Aug 2 2010, 05:39 PM)

As the matter of fact, it isn't only tht car mentioned in the thread has managed to get the FICD installed, there are many carburettor inducted cars out there tht are fitted with FICD, one of a good examples is the VPC22 (Nissan) with A15  carburettor engine.

erm... which post u mean??.. in zth??.. dat one mayb misleading as i was still newbie dat time... sweat.gif

ok, for confirmation... most FICD fitted to fuel injection engines to cure A/C idling problem is that toyota FICD (actually it is made by denso, fitted in toyota AE101/AE111)... how it works in a fuel injection engine is dat it leaks some air into the intake manifold bypassing the throttle body... MAP sensor detects the drop in manifold pressure, squirts more fuel in to bring up the revs... idling rpm can be tuned by determining how much air leaked in by adjusting the valve at the FICD...

how FICD works in carburetor is totally different... carburetor engines dont need to specifically use toyota FICD (which is the one i mentioned above)... it basically jz need a electrical valve (which is also called as FICD), idle load compensator (ILC) and some vacuum hoses... this is how it works... outlet of the FICD is connected to the intake manifold while the inlet is connected to the ILC... once the A/C compressor kicks in, the valve opens, allowing air to be sucked in through the FICD... a low pressure in the vacuum hose will actuate the ILC.... ILC is mounted close to the carburetor, which acts as an actuator to push onto the carburetor throttle lever....

user posted image

QUOTE(J1@l_ l_l l\l @ Aug 2 2010, 11:31 PM)
Tht is if,r ight? If U wanna die faster because of Ur retarded mind, go ahead plz. IF ma.

Should I say Ur blind or Ur were born without eyeball in Ur eye. U don't read or U r suffering frm memory lost?

Dunt simply bark with all those fxxkxxg lc stories of in sequence like a mad dog without even know vat have U written here U gxx dxxx mf.

I got no idea vats wrong with Ur capability of understanding simple language.

Dnm, now U came up with the words stock item la, retrofit la, normally la, wtf toyota implementation la, blar blar blar. U know vat? Nah ,,l,,  Go n look at vat U've written b4 U try to act smart monkey here lah , would U, cxbxx kniar.

Can rmb dis ar? "FICD is used on cars with EFI only", don't U know the simple meaning of ONLY? Huh?

Perhaps "So, U'd really confirm tht FICD can be installed only in fuel injected engines?" Did I say stock or retrofit? Can't U read?

I guess Ur not a retarded 1 kot, r U? Huh? Vats Ur gxx dxxm problem?
i dont understand a single rant in ur post... if wanna retaliate, give some facts ler... doh.gif
+Quote Post
J1@l_ l_l l\l
post Aug 3 2010, 05:09 PM

Getting Started

I don't understand in a good way y would U think tht was a rant and retaliation? yawn.gif

We all known tht FICD is being used on both EFI and carburettor engines regardless of stock or not.

The facts?

Perhaps U wanna re-read post #22 vat it was said, can U see the words "stock item" and "retrofit" tht came out later on post #28?

And for post #19, did I see the word "only works for fuel injection engine"? Were U refering to which specific FICD?

I would not treat tht as a rant and retaliation, but for those who feel offended, I don't know yawn.gif
+Quote Post
the_catacombs
post Aug 4 2010, 05:20 AM

8 stars wooo....

QUOTE(J1@l_ l_l l\l @ Aug 3 2010, 05:09 PM)
The facts?

Perhaps U wanna re-read post #22 vat it was said, can U see the words "stock item" and "retrofit" tht came out later on post #28?

And for post #19, did I see the word "only works for fuel injection engine"? Were U refering to which specific FICD?

I would not treat tht as a rant and retaliation, but for those who feel offended, I don't know  yawn.gif
post 22#... no idea what that guy talking... my english vr bad one...

post 19#... that FICD i was referring to toyota/denso FICD....

Tht is if,r ight? If U wanna die faster because of Ur retarded mind, go ahead plz. IF ma.

Should I say Ur blind or Ur were born without eyeball in Ur eye. U don't read or U r suffering frm memory lost?

Dunt simply bark with all those fxxkxxg lc stories of in sequence like a mad dog without even know vat have U written here U gxx dxxx mf.

I got no idea vats wrong with Ur capability of understanding simple language.

Dnm, now U came up with the words stock item la, retrofit la, normally la, wtf toyota implementation la, blar blar blar. U know vat? Nah ,,l,,  Go n look at vat U've written b4 U try to act smart monkey here lah , would U, cxbxx kniar.

Can rmb dis ar? "FICD is used on cars with EFI only", don't U know the simple meaning of ONLY? Huh?

Perhaps "So, U'd really confirm tht FICD can be installed only in fuel injected engines?" Did I say stock or retrofit? Can't U read?

I guess Ur not a retarded 1 kot, r U? Huh? Vats Ur gxx dxxm problem?

i dont understand those bolded words...
+Quote Post
sranua
post Aug 4 2010, 04:36 PM

Enthusiast

My car also face the same problem, when the aircond off ant car idle, the dashboard will shake badly until I suspect the dasboard had come off.
But last two weeks I did replace three mounting engine for a new one for a cost RM170.00...now the shake gone and its smooth even with aircond and engines on while idle.
+Quote Post
J1@l_ l_l l\l
post Aug 4 2010, 06:20 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(the_catacombs @ Aug 4 2010, 05:20 AM)
i dont understand those bolded words...
I'll act blur if I were U. But since those words were not directed to U, perhaps juz 4get bout it.

Some1 was trying to act smart and confusing the forumers here without even knowing what has he wrote and didn't even bother to know it.

I know there r many "kids" and colleage boys here have no idea what they r posting and simply "tembak" even they r not sure vat they r posting thus confusing other forummers. These r the fellars who deserved of being "f**ked".

But aren't U suppose to make sure tht Ur f**king the right ppl b4 commencing the "fxxking operation"?

He muz have thought tht I'm a colleage boy or those "kid" who simply "tembak" nonsense without having the sense of logic or those who simply copy n paste the info here frm other source thinking they r very smart.

Shouldn't he look at the mirror 1st of his face 1st b4 posting? Dew....
+Quote Post
the_catacombs
post Aug 5 2010, 03:30 AM

8 stars wooo....

QUOTE(J1@l_ l_l l\l @ Aug 4 2010, 06:20 PM)
I'll act blur if I were U. But since those words were not directed to U, perhaps juz 4get bout it.

Some1 was trying to act smart and confusing the forumers here without even knowing what has he wrote and didn't even bother to know it.

I know there r many "kids" and colleage boys here have no idea what they r posting and simply "tembak" even they r not sure vat they r posting thus confusing other forummers. These r the fellars who deserved of being "f**ked".

But aren't U suppose to make sure tht Ur f**king the right ppl b4 commencing the "fxxking operation"?

He muz have thought tht I'm a colleage boy or those "kid" who simply "tembak" nonsense without having the sense of logic or those who simply copy n paste the info here frm other source thinking they r very smart.

now we know u big time sifu laa... so can keep ur rants urself... this is not ur personal blog... lolz...
+Quote Post
gregy
post Aug 5 2010, 03:49 AM

Casual

QUOTE(J1@l_ l_l l\l @ Aug 4 2010, 06:20 PM)

Hey girl, go read back your post 21. If you're still feeling butthurt, maybe we should meet up for a TT.
+Quote Post
J1@l_ l_l l\l
post Aug 5 2010, 03:54 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(the_catacombs @ Aug 5 2010, 03:30 AM)
now we know u big time sifu laa... so can keep ur rants urself... this is not ur personal blog... lolz...
Do U feel offended?
I'm very noob 1, thus I got no idea did I do anything like this is my personial brog?
C-fu? Did I say tht?

Added on August 5, 2010, 4:08 pm
QUOTE(gregy @ Aug 5 2010, 03:49 AM)
Hey girl, go read back your post 21. If you're still feeling butthurt, maybe we should meet up for a TT.
It seems like U had no idea I was replying to post #19 which suggested "only works for fuel injection engine" and didn't specific Toyota/Denso FICD.

Butthurt??? I can't find this word in my dictionary....

Meet up? It seems like U prefer discussion to be done in another alternative way do U? YES

This post has been edited by J1@l_ l_l l\l: Aug 5 2010, 04:08 PM
+Quote Post
gregy
post Aug 6 2010, 02:51 AM

Casual

Ok pm me when you're free, we go TT ok? Just to yum cha tok kok sing song lol. Don't worry, it's not my way of getting to know girls lol.

Anyway, just like to make a correction on what I said earlier about the air-cond gas and lube. Although it's true that the oil is circulated along with the gas, over time the oil will get depleted.

I found out the hard way the other day when I took my Civic FD for a gas refill as I found the air-cond not so cold anymore. So this shop just filled up the gas for me and didn't charge me anything. He filled it kau-kau, more than the norm. Right after that the car felt heavier than usual, and everytime the compressor kicked in my idle would drop to 500 then recover, but the drop was severe enough for the car to vibrate like having a chill lol.

Feeling a little fcuked, I went to another air-cond guy to help diagnose the problem. After I told him about the earlier visit and how I wasn't charged at all, he suspected that the first guy simply filled in recycled gas for me. Recycled gas comes from other ppl's cars, so there's no telling its quality or whether there's any oil in it.

So what he did was drain out all the gas, then filled up new gas and a new can of compressor oil. Amazing. The car was cold again, and the idle problem was gone. So it seems originally, my air-cond was running out of gas *and* oil, especially under this current hot spell.

So for those of you who have idling problems, instead of just trying to treat the symptoms like by adding FICD, can perhaps try swapping out the air-cond gas and adding a can of oil first.

I also initially thought of adding FICD to "fix" my idling problem, but I feel better now after treating the cause instead.

Clawhammer, if you're reading this, now you know why I have no time and money for modding my rig anymore lol.
+Quote Post
supercolossal
post Aug 10 2010, 09:26 AM

On my way

Hi guys,

I'm also having this problem with an old carb wira.
Besides the compressor, what else needs to be checked?
Basically RPM drops when air con kicks in and engine vibrates.
Engine mountings have been changed recently.
+Quote Post
the_catacombs
post Aug 10 2010, 01:12 PM

8 stars wooo....

QUOTE(supercolossal @ Aug 10 2010, 09:26 AM)
Hi guys,

I'm also having this problem with an old carb wira.
Besides the compressor, what else needs to be checked?
Basically RPM drops when air con kicks in and engine vibrates.
Engine mountings have been changed recently.
jz need to pusing 1 screw only... vr easy one...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

+Quote Post
sooyongng
post Aug 17 2010, 08:41 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sifuconman @ Jul 3 2010, 04:06 PM)
haha.sorry for late reply.
I bought from someone unknown, contact him thru hp...
Then it only cost me RM42+RM5 shipping.

I installed it myself after do some research on internet.
simple only...have to cut TWO hose, Aircond compressor LIVE WIRE.
then use T-joint for the hoses...

RM60 below can done liao!

already using it for 1 months plus...still very good condition~
+Quote Post
the_catacombs
post Aug 17 2010, 11:05 PM

8 stars wooo....

QUOTE(sooyongng @ Aug 17 2010, 08:41 PM)
haha.sorry for late reply.
I bought from someone unknown, contact him thru hp...
Then it only cost me RM42+RM5 shipping.

I installed it myself after do some research on internet.
simple only...have to cut TWO hose, Aircond compressor LIVE WIRE.
then use T-joint for the hoses...

RM60 below can done liao!

already using it for 1 months plus...still very good condition~
oh u mean the FICD ahh??
+Quote Post
dvlzplayground
post Sep 2 2010, 04:19 AM

Newbie...like, seriously

ah, so my car got this problem too. engine shake when idle with aircond on, but ok if off. hard to read thru this thread with the quarreling tongue.gif

so verdict is change engine mounting? how much would it cost?
+Quote Post
Lineage
post Sep 5 2010, 12:21 AM

the Chaotic Throne

Hi all, actually this problem happen to my Wira 1.5GL Auto quite long time ago..after reading and do some research..found out the Toyota FICD is the cheapest solution for me..

Seems everyone saying it's easy to fix and can DIY..but I don't want to do it myself(noob in doing this kind of things)..
If I would like to send to workshop, will they know about this Toyota FICD? and how much they will charge me?

My situation is when on AC, when the car idle, the RPM will up and down, and the engine sound like will die anytime..car a bit shaking..
+Quote Post
kinmin888
post Sep 22 2010, 12:29 AM

Getting Started

hi all.
i faced the problem as well.
mountings were changed but problem still exist.
any good suggestion?
+Quote Post
GEFORCEXTREME
post Sep 27 2010, 06:34 PM

Getting Started

Engine mounting problem, my car experienced this before, whole car shake like hell. After changing, much better.

Mind you I have FICD in my car before and after the whole experience.

Added on September 27, 2010, 6:35 pm
QUOTE(dvlzplayground @ Sep 2 2010, 04:19 AM)
ah, so my car got this problem too. engine shake when idle with aircond on, but ok if off. hard to read thru this thread with the quarreling tongue.gif

so verdict is change engine mounting? how much would it cost?
About RM 200+ for the parts only, installation depends on mechanic. That is for Satria/Wira.

This post has been edited by GEFORCEXTREME: Sep 27 2010, 06:35 PM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1541sec    1.67    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 04:08 PM