Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Grille, Price of grille Renovations

views

utellme_6376
post Oct 12 2022, 06:05 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

Can Sifu here share with me.

Is the Grille installation price reasonable.
and I didn't know home grille installation need to pay 10% SST. TIA

user posted image
mini orchard
post Oct 12 2022, 06:35 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(utellme_6376 @ Oct 12 2022, 06:05 PM)

and I didn't know home grille installation need to pay 10% SST.  TIA
user posted image
Have you gotten 3 quotes and if it is the best, then go for it. Pricing is not only about metal price but also about ease of installation and distant to site.
WhitE LighteR
post Oct 12 2022, 09:36 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

QUOTE(utellme_6376 @ Oct 12 2022, 06:05 PM)

and I didn't know home grille installation need to pay 10% SST.  TIA
user posted image
best if u see before their previous work quality. even if can see picture close up. u can agak2 the workmanship how. this i think is important for a long lasting grille. dont wan a few years down the road start to rust inside out already.
hotNcool
post Oct 13 2022, 12:28 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(pilotHans @ Apr 3 2010, 01:47 AM)
sometimes i feel sad that we cant have houses without the grilles........ sad.gif  its actually kindda nice.......but sure kene pecah one.....i think if there's no grille, the house needs to be equipped with hefty security systems like laser sensors, ADT centralize security, CCTV or even a guard! nothings cheap  sad.gif  the police should ronda2 the housing areas everynite  sad.gif and thiefs + robbers should be feed to the sharks  vmad.gif
build our grilles, nope, our security like the movie series, the purge, sure no pecah one, thats so advance
skystrike
post Oct 13 2022, 03:09 PM

back to normal
1,270 posts

usually how much the price range for grille installation for apartment with 3 room & 2 bathroom plus with yard and balcony?
utellme_6376
post Oct 13 2022, 04:32 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Oct 12 2022, 06:35 PM)
Have you gotten 3 quotes and if it is the best, then go for it. Pricing is not only about metal price but also about ease of installation and distant to site.

This is the 1st quotation I received. The steel work installer did installed home grille for my relative 10-12 years ago and didn't see any of his latest work done, my new place is gated & fenced, I don't really need very thick steel grille to secure my house. Since 3Kim can deliver quality workmanship as mentioned by forumer here maybe check with 3Kim next week but prices can be higher for sure.

mini orchard
post Oct 13 2022, 04:40 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(utellme_6376 @ Oct 13 2022, 04:32 PM)
This is the 1st quotation I received. The steel work installer did installed home grille for my relative 10-12 years ago and didn't see any of his latest work done, my new place is gated & fenced, I don't really need very thick steel grille to secure my house. Since 3Kim can deliver quality workmanship as mentioned by forumer here  maybe check with 3Kim next week but prices can be higher for sure.
Should get more quotes for comparison. Preferably someone closer to your taman for easy rectification.

Too far can sometimes be a problem for them to turn up for minor fault repair
ceo684
post Oct 18 2022, 11:34 PM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Oct 13 2022, 04:40 PM)
Should get more quotes for comparison. Preferably someone closer to your taman for easy rectification.

Too far can sometimes be a problem for them to turn up for minor fault repair
Even some horror stories take leave and installer don't even want to show for measurement. vmad.gif
Wasting my leaves all in all calculate still cheaper to take 3kim direct in the first place, factoring in MY day rate as well.
vernee26
post Oct 28 2022, 08:48 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

recently moved in to my new place.
would recommend 3kim for grille and aluminum/MS works

finally went with 3kim to get a few things done :
1/ window grilles (MS)
2/ aluminum back gate
3/ stair case railing (MS + tempered glass)

Excellent service provided by Ms Jia Jia - office based (through whatsapp/phone call) and Sam (on-site)
Both were prompt to respond (despite what I suspect is crazy loads of clients). Detailed itemization of quotation
Sam is an extremely polite chap and patient (met him f2f a few times), answered all my queries, and when he couldn't (a bit more technical for my stair case railing as there was some curve and wanted to minimize damage to wooden flooring), he got in his "sifu" and met me on site on at least 2 occasions.

What I really loved about 3kim is their scheduling. Booking your time weeks in advance, which my main con, a so called "reputable ID company - I*I Con****" failed miserably. Like sifu CEO684 commented, really pissing off when they don't respect your time and each person's DAY rate!

More often than not, I had to keep 3kim on hold while getting a response from my main con on certain parts which were dependent on the main con's timelines.
Jia Jia also frequently sends me reminders 1 day b4 the actual day of installation/meetings as well! double thumbs up for that!

Quality wise (immediate/short term - still too new to comment on mid-long term) :
1/ window grilles (MS) - ok, except one window grille was loose, they came and screwed it in (the earlier screw went into a hollow wall). All upstairs rooms which does not have exit door (balcony), comes with an escape grille (no additional charges). But they missed one of the rooms, which upon informing them, they arranged for the installed grille to be removed and exchanged for one with escape grille.
2/ aluminum back gate - love the design. pic below
3/ stair case railing (MS + tempered glass) - one of the end post (which is not near any wall to wall bolt it/support) was a bit shaky. They came and insert a few more screws to the base and was less shaky.

user posted image

This post has been edited by vernee26: Oct 28 2022, 08:51 PM
kumario9
post Jan 9 2023, 11:29 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

Not sure if this a right forum to discuss on the kitchen sliding door glass panel. Anyone got good contact to do kitchen sliding glass panel design like this? Need your advise/PM me. Thanks.

user posted image
victorian
post Jan 10 2023, 11:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!!
4,821 posts

Anyone can suggest what size exhaust fan should I use for a 900 sqft condo?

Am planning to install an exhaust fan and hence the yard grille will require a cutout, need to confirm the size with the contractor
hihihehe
post Jan 11 2023, 12:01 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,451 posts

QUOTE(victorian @ Jan 10 2023, 11:55 PM)

Am planning to install an exhaust fan and hence the yard grille will require a cutout, need to confirm the size with the contractor
usually 10" should be enough
ceo684
post Jan 14 2023, 11:56 PM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

QUOTE(victorian @ Jan 10 2023, 11:55 PM)

10" KDK minimum, 12" KDK is good if you cook heavy oily stuffs. 10" can't squeeze thru that easily for burglar tho.

This post has been edited by ceo684: Jan 14 2023, 11:56 PM
thinkgoodpositive
post Jul 3 2023, 12:44 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(vernee26 @ Oct 28 2022, 08:48 PM)
recently moved in to my new place.
would recommend 3kim for grille and aluminum/MS works

finally went with 3kim to get a few things done :
1/ window grilles (MS)
2/ aluminum back gate
3/ stair case railing (MS + tempered glass)

Excellent service provided by Ms Jia Jia - office based (through whatsapp/phone call) and Sam (on-site)
Both were prompt to respond (despite what I suspect is crazy loads of clients). Detailed itemization of quotation
Sam is an extremely polite chap and patient (met him f2f a few times), answered all my queries, and when he couldn't (a bit more technical for my stair case railing as there was some curve and wanted to minimize damage to wooden flooring), he got in his "sifu" and met me on site on at least 2 occasions.

What I really loved about 3kim is their scheduling. Booking your time weeks in advance, which my main con, a so called "reputable ID company - I*I Con****" failed miserably. Like sifu CEO684 commented, really pissing off when they don't respect your time and each person's DAY rate!

More often than not, I had to keep 3kim on hold while getting a response from my main con on certain parts which were dependent on the main con's timelines.
Jia Jia also frequently sends me reminders 1 day b4 the actual day of installation/meetings as well! double thumbs up for that!

Quality wise (immediate/short term - still too new to comment on mid-long term) :
1/ window grilles (MS) - ok, except one window grille was loose, they came and screwed it in (the earlier screw went into a hollow wall). All upstairs rooms which does not have exit door (balcony), comes with an escape grille (no additional charges). But they missed one of the rooms, which upon informing them, they arranged for the installed grille to be removed and exchanged for one with escape grille.
2/ aluminum back gate - love the design. pic below
3/ stair case railing (MS + tempered glass) - one of the end post (which is not near any wall to wall bolt it/support) was a bit shaky. They came and insert a few more screws to the base and was less shaky.

user posted image
Is your window grills MS + powder coated? What is the price per sqft for window and sliding door... i am arranging for 3kim to quote this weekend.
What is the price per sqft nowadays for window and sliding door grills? and thickness...Been more than 10 years never update... thanks.

coconutzz
post Mar 15 2024, 10:49 AM

Regular
1,071 posts

Is main door grille expensive for below :

- Mild Steel Grille (Powder Coated)
- 4.5" x 7"
- thickness 1.6mm

Approx. RM 1380 (supply & install)

My current one is a bit thin, possibly 0.x mm thickness, and when I close it, the sound is loud and not solid. just thinking of replacing it with 1.6mm grill if price is affordable. Appreciate if anyone could advise above

This post has been edited by coconutzz: Mar 15 2024, 10:50 AM
lonelyjun
post Mar 19 2024, 05:28 PM

30 posts

Did anyone have experience with Fantasy stainless steel sdn bhd? or any other company that do stainless steel grill?
Plan to do full house windows & sliding door stainless steel grill. 3kim price is expensive compare to quotation i get from Fantasy.
coconutzz
post Mar 19 2024, 07:41 PM

Regular
1,071 posts

Are there any grille that is 1.9mm? Just curious. Will it be too thick
Sylph818
post Mar 20 2024, 05:19 PM

Getting Started
270 posts

Seek for some advice on grille, placed booking on a subsale house with renovation. they have installed the grille, the grille are still looks good but they opt for dark color. i would like to change to white color with powder coated, is this possible?

Do i need to get grille company to do it or painting company can do it?
It that costly or better to change a new set?

This post has been edited by Sylph818: Mar 20 2024, 05:25 PM

57 Pages « < 55 56 57Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:47 PM