4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Health Alkaline Water Machine

views

TSPolaris
post Jan 26 2010, 04:19 AM, updated 15y ago

Trust Fund Baby
2,850 posts

I'm thinking of buying this item, the shop says it costs around RM1800.

Anyone used this product before?

user posted image

What criteria should I look out for when it comes to water alkalizers? How does Panasonic's product compare with other similar items in the market?

Is the price fair or overpriced?

I want to know more before buying.
goodkarma
post Jan 27 2010, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
106 posts

QUOTE(Polaris @ Jan 26 2010, 04:19 AM)

user posted image

What criteria should I look out for when it comes to water alkalizers? How does Panasonic's product compare with other similar items in the market?

I am looking at the same unit too. It sells for rm2300 in some places like Harvey Norman.

As far as alkaline water filters go, anything below rm2000 is considered well priced as true alkaline water filters, where you can adjust the level of alkalinity, do not come cheap.

As to whether this particular brand is good or not, I can't comment as I have not owned it - yet.
Bubbletea12321
post Jan 27 2010, 05:49 PM

21 posts

I'm actually confused : while some websites claim consuming alkaline water doesn't serve any purpose -

"Have you seen advertisements for products such as coral calcium or alkaline water that are supposed to neutralize acid in your bloodstream? Taking calcium or drinking alkaline water does not affect blood acidity. Anyone who tells you that certain foods or supplements make your stomach or blood acidic does not understand nutrition.

You should not believe that it matters whether foods are acidic or alkaline, because no foods change the acidity of anything in your body except your urine. Your stomach is so acidic that no food can change its acidity. Citrus fruits, vinegar, and vitamins such as ascorbic acid or folic acid do not change the acidity of your stomach or your bloodstream. An entire bottle of calcium pills or antacids would not change the acidity of your stomach for more than a few minutes." http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate...DSH/coral2.html

"We have been told for years that coffee, acidic fruit as well as spicy foods can aggravate acid stomach. Therefore, we should avoid these in our daily diet in order to reduce acid stomach. A recent study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine in May 2006 showed that none of these myths hold true. Researchers from the Stanford University found that the only two behavioral changes can reduce symptoms of acid stomach - eating less and elevate your head while sleeping." http://www.healthcastle.com/acidstomach.shtml

"If you do drink alkaline water, its alkalinity is quickly removed by the highly acidic gastric fluid in the stomach."
http://www.chem1.com/CQ/ionbunk.html

But how come credible companies such as Panasonic and many more keep churning out alkaline water machine ???? Do they offer any real benefit which we are unaware of?

goodkarma
post Jan 27 2010, 06:31 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

Alkaline Water Machines and Your Body’s PH

Can alkaline water from a water ionizer really change my body’s pH?

In short the answer is: No.

The optimal pH for sustaining life is 7.356. All our body’s functions happen within a very narrow range around this pH number. Falling below or above this pH range means imbalance and disease.

When body pH goes off its optimal range, microbial life forms in the blood can change shape, mutate, mirror pathogenesis, and grow. When body pH goes off, enzymes that are constructive can become destructive. When body pH goes off, oxygen delivery to cells suffers. You get the point…

There is a great myth circulating around the internet, fuelled by certain water ionizer on-line merchants, that drinking alkaline water from a water ionizer will change your body’s pH and shift it towards a more alkaline status.

Even though claims like this are brilliant from a marketing point of view they do not have any scientific base and, more importantly, are misleading.

So what is the value in water from a water ionizer? Why is there so much hype about water ionizers around the alternative health water coolers and (lately) more mainstream health-conscious circles?

What makes water from a water ionizer important to our body’s well being is its Oxidation Reduction Potential value (O.R.P.) and its micro-clustered physiology.

Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP, or Redox) is a measure of a water capacity to either release or gain electrons in chemical reactions. The process of oxidation involves losing electrons while reduction involves gaining electrons.

A water ionizer has a negative redox potential which means it has many extra negatively changed ions that are ready to donate to positively charged ions. The excess of alkaline or negative ions, also called hydroxyl ions (OH-), will readily form bonds with any excess acidic or positively charged ions, also known as hydrogen ions(H+). Once a negative ion binds with a positive ion (H+) it will neutralize the acid (H+) and remove it from your system.

The process of ionization changes the physiology of water. Water molecules come in clusters rather than single molecules. Tap water has very large clusters (10 to 13 molecules per cluster). Electrolysis reduce these large tap water clusters from their original size into so called ‘Micro clusters’ (5 to 6 molecules per cluster). The smaller cluster size gives the water excellent hydrating properties, high solubility and good permeability. This gives ionized water the ability to hydrate better.

There is also some merit to ionized water’s alkalinity. It’s basic chemistry 101: alkaline neutralizes acid. It’s been proven beyond any doubt that our bodies, our diet and our environment are increasingly acidic. Drinking alkaline water from a water ionizer will help us neutralize all these acidic sources in our daily life. But that’s just it: alkaline water can only help the body in its struggle to maintain its pH within its optimal range.

The American medical status quo, just like it has done with every new and fresh health-oriented alternative in its past that has challenged the common belief and tried to shift our collective thinking, is throwing everything but the kitchen sink towards discrediting ionized water.

Ultimately, it’s up to each one of us to weigh the pros and the cons and shift our way of thinking towards a healthier more vibrant lifestyle.
aqmalarief93
post Jan 27 2010, 07:02 PM

28 posts

i have it but i dont drink it.coz it's not cold tongue.gif haha.and i dont know what's the advantage by drinking it.can someone explain?
wh0cares
post Jan 27 2010, 07:43 PM

Enthusiast
700 posts

I drink alkaline water everyday since the past 3 years., and I never feel sick/sorethroat every since compared to before.

The machine also produced mild acidic water, which very good for the skins. I wash my face daily using acidic water, and I never had any pimples compared to before.

So, it is like a miracle water for me.
TSPolaris
post Jan 28 2010, 04:54 AM

Trust Fund Baby
2,850 posts

QUOTE(wh0cares @ Jan 27 2010, 07:43 PM)
I drink alkaline water everyday since the past 3 years., and I never feel sick/sorethroat every since compared to before.

The machine also produced mild acidic water, which very good for the skins. I wash my face daily using acidic water, and I never had any pimples compared to before.

I just installed the machine, are you sure the acidic water is safe? It is acid you know.
wh0cares
post Jan 28 2010, 07:17 PM

Enthusiast
700 posts

QUOTE(Polaris @ Jan 28 2010, 04:54 AM)
I just installed the machine, are you sure the acidic water is safe? It is acid you know.
http://www.moresales.com.my/catalog/entry/ikznqjzy.shtml
dr_virus
post Jan 28 2010, 07:25 PM

Getting Started
186 posts

I'm using Alkadyn water filter for the past 1 year++. Check this out: http://www.alkadyn.com/site/
mfrfi3
post Jan 28 2010, 11:37 PM

13 posts

i sell alkaline flask.. it just cost you rm300.. it can alkalize plain water.. i can show you the demo.. check out my signature below.. biggrin.gif
StrOmGaLD
post Feb 28 2014, 10:56 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

I was looking around for alkaline water ionizers and ended up my 3 months research when I got myself the Lydia 9 Turbo unit from Alkalife Water (http://www.alkalifewater.com/) and definitely happy with the product quality, exceptional service, longest warranty in the market and best water quality. I was handled by Mr Kevin Wong from Alkalife Water. I invited him to my humble home for a water quality test. Here, I am convinced as the explanation was very thorough on how the water can help us. If you are interested to find out how alkaline water can help us in our modern age, give him a call at 012-6279196. I promise you that you will be extremely happy with his professional service and vast understanding in not just water, but also our health/lifestyle. I learnt so much during the tests conducted at my home!

Highly recommended for everyone looking for a good water quality which is the basic necessity in our life. We drink water everyday!

This post has been edited by StrOmGaLD: Feb 28 2014, 11:04 PM
StrOmGaLD
post Feb 28 2014, 10:59 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(Polaris @ Jan 26 2010, 04:19 AM)

user posted image

Forget about the Panasonic model. Its really old in technology. I recommend you to watch the water quality test by Mr Kevin Wong from Alkalife, 012-6279196. He will explain to you just about any question you can think of. I have no regret going for the Lydia 9 Turbo.
StrOmGaLD
post Feb 28 2014, 11:01 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(wh0cares @ Jan 27 2010, 07:43 PM)

Hey bro, my friend was telling me the exact same testimony as you. He used to be sick very often and when he started drinking alkaline water, he never felt sick anymore. The last time he felt sick according to him was about 1 year plus ago! Its really miracle water to him too! wink.gif Giving myself a try!

This post has been edited by StrOmGaLD: Feb 28 2014, 11:02 PM
lowkweesia
post Apr 21 2014, 07:31 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(StrOmGaLD @ Feb 28 2014, 11:01 PM)
Hey bro, my friend was telling me the exact same testimony as you. He used to be sick very often and when he started drinking alkaline water, he never felt sick anymore. The last time he felt sick according to him was about 1 year plus ago! Its really miracle water to him too!  wink.gif Giving myself a try!
As far as my knowledge, Panasonic alkaline water filter still the best one and value for money. Those claims Panasonic technology is outdated is the one don't know how the alkaline machine work.
TinyPumpkin
post Apr 22 2014, 12:06 PM

Regular
1,233 posts

I've been reading lots of stuff on alkaline water. Do you guys experience any side effects?
TinyPumpkin
post Apr 28 2014, 03:11 PM

Regular
1,233 posts

Hey alkaline water sifus!

Please check out these:-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9198011

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9524951

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9922944

My BIL just bought a kangen for RM12,000; I'm worried about the side effects. I still prefer a normal water filter. blush.gif
lowkweesia
post May 6 2014, 12:30 PM

6 posts

If you are in doubt, please contact me, I am semi expert in this kind of water.

012-2579070, Low KS

QUOTE(TinyPumpkin @ Apr 28 2014, 03:11 PM)
Hey alkaline water sifus!

Please check out these:-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9198011

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9524951

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9922944

My BIL just bought a kangen for RM12,000; I'm worried about the side effects.  I still prefer a normal water filter. blush.gif
alanyuppie
post May 6 2014, 01:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,791 posts

QUOTE(lowkweesia @ May 6 2014, 01:30 PM)

012-2579070, Low KS
expert ,semi-expert or otherwise.... this is a forum, not one-to-one product selling session. Share what you know.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate...DSH/coral2.html

TinyPumpkin
post May 6 2014, 02:48 PM

Regular
1,233 posts

QUOTE(lowkweesia @ May 6 2014, 12:30 PM)

012-2579070, Low KS
Could you please share your knowledge on the risks in consuming alkaline water?

Thank you. smile.gif
yeezai
post May 6 2014, 05:07 PM

-using no way as way-having no limitation as limitation-
2,531 posts

my body already in alkaline state...no need this water..

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0205sec    0.16    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:27 AM