124 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

how to invest silver in malaysia

views

simplesmile
post Jun 5 2010, 10:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,987 posts

Looks like there's a unfilled demand in the market. Maybe some entrepreneur will find a way to satisfy the demand for silver coins and bullions in Malaysia
SeeD
post Jun 5 2010, 03:20 PM

I Love Bubbles
6,728 posts

Why are most traders selling silvers at 20+ USD while the market price is at 17 USD ?

Is there any reason for that?
myvi5949
post Jun 7 2010, 12:24 PM

Quiet Determination
1,527 posts

QUOTE(SeeD @ Jun 5 2010, 03:20 PM)
Why are most traders selling silvers at 20+ USD while the market price is at 17 USD ?

Is there any reason for that?
because the 17 USD is the market price.. it do not include spread.. which is the handling and shipping cost. Coins are more expensive because it has face value and the cost to make coins is higher compared to bar. Some coins has intrinsic collectible value.

btw anyone bought from ebay shipped to Malaysia before? Will the customs tax the silver once it arrive?
mtaiwai
post Oct 1 2010, 07:14 AM

2 posts

there is a penang company (hq bukit jambul, opp bukit jambul complex) now selling physical silver. publicgold (nothing to do with public bank, site:www.publicgold.com.my). went to a talk organized by them on 29/9. looks like they have branches in a few states also.
they sell in 250g, 500g, 1kg block.. certified by penang assayer (a private company)
the spread for physical silver it seems is about 15%
their concept is they sell physical gold / silver. you keep at home/safe

they also have a publicsafe - but that is in kl. i guess not for penang ppl.

think of having to store physical silver, leceh lah.

if silver is about to shoot up as the guy said (like what happened to gold 5-6 years ago), then how come in malaysia only this company doing silver? only 1 guy so far-sighted? the investment people all sleeping? or the rest of the people all doing paper-silver or ETF type of things?

anybody know of any bank/other company in malaysia doing paper silver/physical silver also?
Hawtmail
post Oct 1 2010, 11:45 AM

2 posts

Anyone's been investing on silver?
I've been watching Robert T. Kiyosaki's video and he's praising Silver as a good way to preserve wealth, he even wrote in his latest book.
So i did a research on Silver which was about 2 months ago where the price was located at $25-27 p.o in average, but on Sept 13 my supplier from S'pore told me it will drop to $19-20 p.o, which on 15 Sept the price rapidly dropped to $20 check on http://silverprice.org/ and according to my supplier it will climb back to it's all-time high $50 soon. As people are starting to have their eye on it.

To me Silver may seen to be a great way of preserving wealth and fighting off inflation, and it's much more affordable compare to Gold, thou i still enjoy see-ing a quick return from my investments such as Stocks or Forex.

So what do u guys think? hmm.gif
kevler
post Oct 1 2010, 03:47 PM

trading in the zone
2,939 posts

QUOTE(Hawtmail @ Oct 1 2010, 11:45 AM)
I've been watching Robert T. Kiyosaki's video and he's praising Silver as a good way to preserve wealth, he even wrote in his latest book.
So i did a research on Silver which was about 2 months ago where the price was located at $25-27 p.o in average, but on Sept 13 my supplier from S'pore told me it will drop to $19-20 p.o, which on 15 Sept the price rapidly dropped to $20 check on http://silverprice.org/ and according to my supplier it will climb back to it's all-time high $50 soon. As people are starting to have their eye on it.

To me Silver may seen to be a great way of preserving wealth and fighting off inflation, and it's much more affordable compare to Gold, thou i still enjoy see-ing a quick return from my investments such as Stocks or Forex.

So what do u guys think?  hmm.gif
just go and buy ...1kilo silver costs you almost RM3000 , what you waiting for bro ?

demand for gold has been reached to maxx ...now we can move to silver ...my mission 1kilo 1month ...ada berani ?
SeeD
post Oct 1 2010, 04:22 PM

I Love Bubbles
6,728 posts

QUOTE(Hawtmail @ Oct 1 2010, 11:45 AM)

So what do u guys think?  hmm.gif
Silver was priced at $25-27 per ounce 2 months ago? You might want to double check again because Silver just hit a 30 year old high about a week ago at nearly $22 something.
keii-kun
post Oct 19 2010, 07:16 AM

Regular
1,120 posts

true. silver was trading around $19-20 per ounce 2 mth ago. until recently it climbed up to $24. not bad, around 20% increase but in malaysia the spread is too big and not much demand of it. also, gold is still a preferred precious metal for investment in msia.
prophetjul
post Oct 19 2010, 07:55 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,570 posts

Those who want to buy Paper silver can do so buying ETFs in the U.S mkts....it trades like a stock....pay only brokerage of 0.15% ++ much lower than the spreads for coins

Added on October 19, 2010, 8:00 amhttp://goldsilvermalaysia.com/sg-American-Gold-Eagle-Coin/

WoW! Very pricey!

You can get some of their items cheaper at UOB or ebay.

This post has been edited by prophetjul: Oct 19 2010, 08:00 AM
happy_ending
post Oct 21 2010, 01:09 AM

36 posts

QUOTE(SeeD @ Oct 1 2010, 04:22 PM)
Silver was priced at $25-27 per ounce 2 months ago? You might want to double check again because Silver just hit a 30 year old high about a week ago at nearly $22 something.
if u are interested to trade in silver.. u have an option to invest in silver futures which is a benchmark for silver price.. this is a product which is listed in CME.. u need details.. PM me..
Healthyea
post Oct 22 2010, 06:18 PM

25 posts

how about invest in white gold??
price increase year by year...
can anyone recommend where to invest on it??
kefircurious
post Oct 22 2010, 10:33 PM

48 posts

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Jun 1 2010, 02:44 PM)
Where can i buy physical silver in KL? Im interested in getting a 1KG bar just for investment purposes. But i want the real deal and not some black market stuff. There are many investment reports suggesting that silver will become the new gold rush in a few years time.
Investing in 1kg won't get you any where. In early 1995 silver was USD4.60 an oz. New York closed at USD23.168 on 21st Oct. You have missed the boat.

Gold was less than USD400 in early 1995. New York closed at USD1325.70 last night. In terms of percentage increase silver has outperformed gold.

You do not invest in physicals for the simple reason that a premium would be charged; could be over a dollar an oz; coins attract higher premiums; so do smaller bars.

I do not think it is very feasible to invest in silver and gold here unless it is for long term; the buying and selling difference is too great (based on Public Bank's current gold rate the price difference is about USD51 per oz.); meaning it has to shoot up RM5260 per kg. before you could make any profits.

If you are looking at a bigger volume maybe you could try MKS Precious Metals Sdn. Bhd. in K.L. otherwise you may have to go to Singapore and trade.

You could track the activities of both at kitco.com.

Goodluck!

Added on October 22, 2010, 10:50 pm
QUOTE(mtaiwai @ Oct 1 2010, 07:14 AM)
there is a penang company (hq bukit jambul, opp bukit jambul complex) now selling physical silver.  publicgold (nothing to do with public bank, site:www.publicgold.com.my). went to a talk organized by them on 29/9. looks like they have branches in a few states also.
they sell in 250g, 500g, 1kg block..  certified by penang assayer (a private company)
the spread for physical silver it seems is about 15%
their concept is they sell physical gold / silver. you keep at home/safe

they also have a publicsafe - but that is in kl. i guess not for penang ppl.

think of having to store physical silver, leceh lah.

if silver is about to shoot up as the guy said (like what happened to gold 5-6 years ago), then how come in malaysia only this company doing silver? only 1 guy so far-sighted?  the investment people all sleeping?  or the rest of the people all doing paper-silver or ETF type of things?
anybody know of any bank/other company in malaysia doing paper silver/physical silver also?
Very wise remark! Nobody's buying when you want to sell your physical silver grains or silver bars. So you buy and keep at home eh? Then the burglars come and korek everything away! Just buy in paper form then can sleep in peace.

This post has been edited by kefircurious: Oct 22 2010, 10:50 PM
happy_ending
post Oct 23 2010, 03:38 AM

36 posts

QUOTE(kefircurious @ Oct 22 2010, 10:33 PM)
Investing in 1kg won't get you any where.  In early 1995 silver was USD4.60 an oz.  New York closed at USD23.168 on 21st Oct.  You have missed the boat.

Gold was less than USD400 in early 1995.  New York closed at USD1325.70 last night.  In terms of percentage increase silver has outperformed gold.

You do not invest in physicals for the simple reason that a premium would be charged; could be over a dollar an oz; coins attract higher premiums; so do smaller bars.

I do not think it is very feasible to invest in silver and gold here unless it is for long term; the buying and selling difference is too great (based on Public Bank's current gold rate the price difference is about USD51 per oz.); meaning it has to shoot up RM5260 per kg. before you could make any profits.

If you are looking at a bigger volume maybe you could try MKS Precious Metals Sdn. Bhd. in K.L. otherwise you may have to go to Singapore and trade.

You could track the activities of both at kitco.com.

Goodluck!

Added on October 22, 2010, 10:50 pm
Very wise remark!  Nobody's buying when you want to sell your physical silver grains or silver bars.  So you buy and keep at home eh?  Then the burglars come and korek everything away!  Just buy in paper form then can sleep in peace.
Beside physical silver, why not consider about Silver in Futures Market? this is a worldwide benchmark for silver price. U dun have to pay for premium.

Added on October 23, 2010, 3:42 amfor commodities prices right. it is actually refer to a benchmark which is heavily traded by miner, speculator and producer. Such investment can be made without holding the physical. the cost of holding physical product is high and expensive..

This post has been edited by happy_ending: Oct 23 2010, 03:42 AM
prophetjul
post Oct 28 2010, 12:58 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,570 posts

http://www.reuters.com/article/idAFN...7?pageNumber=2

UPDATE 3-JPMorgan, HSBC sued for alleged silver conspiracy

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:16pm EDT

Commissioner Bart Chilton added that there had been "fraudulent efforts to persuade and deviously control" silver prices. [ID:nN26129046]

A CFTC spokesman said the regulator does not comment on investigations, and would not discuss the investor lawsuits.

Earlier this year, the CFTC began looking into allegations by a London trader that JPMorgan was involved in manipulative silver trading, the Wall Street Journal said on Wednesday, citing a person close to the situation.

Silver prices have faced regulatory scrutiny in the past, perhaps most prominently after the Hunt brothers in Texas in 1980 attempted to corner the market, driving prices above $50 an ounce. The price later plunged.

Since the CFTC began its probe, spot silver prices XAG= have ranged between $8.42 and $24.90 an ounce, Reuters data show. They traded Wednesday at roughly $23.53. Silver futures prices SIc1 are up 39.1 percent this year.

The cases are Beatty v. JPMorgan Chase & Co et al, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 10-08146, and Laskaris v. JPMorgan Chase & Co et al in the same court, No. 10-08157. (Reporting by Jonathan Stempel; Additional reporting by Elinor Comlay, Jonathan Leff, Carole Vaporean in New York and Roberta Rampton in Washington, D.C.; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...evictions.html

JPMorgan Chase & Co. and HSBC Holdings PLC were sued by an investor claiming they manipulated silver futures and options prices in violation of U.S. antitrust law by placing “spoof” trading orders.

The investor, Peter Laskaris, alleges that starting in March 2008, the banks colluded to suppress silver futures so that call options, or the right to buy, would decline, and put options for the right to sell would increase, according to the complaint filed today in federal court in Manhattan. The collusion was also intended to maintain prices at levels at which some options would expire as worthless, Laskaris claims.

The banks placed so-called spoof trading orders, or the “submission of a large order which is not executed but influences prices and is then withdrawn before it reasonably can be executed,” according to the complaint.

The Commodity Futures Trading Commission began probing allegations of price manipulation in the silver futures market in September 2008. At a hearing in Washington yesterday, CFTC Commissioner Bart Chilton said there have been “fraudulent efforts to persuade and deviously control” silver prices and that violators should be prosecuted.

Joseph Evangelisti, a spokesman for New York-based JPMorgan, declined to comment. Juanita Gutierrez, a spokeswoman for London-based HSBC, also declined to comment.

Separate, Similar Complaint

A separate, similar complaint filed today on behalf of investor Brian Beatty, and naming the same banks as defendants, claims a whistleblower contacted the CFTC last year and reported the banks’ conspiracy to suppress prices of silver futures to profit from “enormous” short positions in silver futures.

The banks reduced their collusive trading and their holdings in the futures market after a government investigation of silver futures manipulation began in March, according to the complaint filed by Laskaris, which seeks class-action status. Since the banks cut back on their silver futures trading, prices have increased about 50 percent, the suit alleges.

“These price changes directly result, at least in one substantial part, from defendants’ reduction in their concentration and other reductions of their unlawful activities in the silver markets since the government investigation,” according to the Laskaris complaint.

Comex Trades

Laskaris described himself as a New York resident who traded in silver futures and claims damages based on the collusion. The trades at issue in the complaint were made on the Commodity Exchange Inc. division of the New York Mercantile Exchange, Laskaris said in the complaint. Beatty, a resident of Connecticut, makes the same claim.

Christopher Lovell, a lawyer representing Laskaris, didn’t immediately return a call seeking comment after business hours.

Chilton spoke yesterday at a hearing in Washington on regulations to implement the Dodd-Frank financial overhaul, which became law in July and gave the commission a year to establish rules governing the $615 trillion over-the-counter derivatives market.

kefircurious
post Oct 28 2010, 03:34 PM

48 posts

prophetjul

Interesting piece of news you are sharing.

Silver has gone up tremendously. I used to buy at around USD4.60 an oz. for the company I was working with; those were silver grains...more expensive stuff. Wonder when it's gonna come down unsure.gif
alvintsy
post Dec 16 2010, 11:05 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(alwaysme @ May 20 2010, 10:49 PM)
silver also precious ha for investment, i believe gold would be more valuable n more longer term investment
disagree, this year, the increase rate of gold is lower than silver. you can have a graft check in www.kitco.com
silver is getting valueable, thats real。 The silver price raise from 1850 to 29xx now, it is 60% some thing lar, within 3 month.

Silver seller is not much, while silver collector is everywhere, especially is the silver seller and supplier, they really wish to have a good deal in this increase of silver price.
SpL-[V]iCioUS
post Dec 21 2010, 06:29 AM

42 posts

If you want to trade silver you'll need a medium.
Forex is also a medium which trades oil,silver,currencies,gold and many others.

Technology has improved over the past time and now you can conquer one of the global marketeer in front of your computer.
Sirshrek
post Dec 25 2010, 06:14 AM

3 posts

What is the best economical way to purchase physical bullion silver coins ? Do we have tax to import to Malaysia as I find one of the dealer is saying there is a 15% custom tax. From purchasing till selling off the bullions per ounce, I am paying an extra premium of about 50-55% per ounce. Might as well I pay for an international vault which is cheaper. Please share your experience.

Tq in advance for the 2 cents.

This post has been edited by Sirshrek: Dec 25 2010, 06:22 AM
hanifw
post Dec 25 2010, 06:19 AM

Casual
389 posts

nubex.com.my ~
Sirshrek
post Dec 26 2010, 01:42 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(hanifw @ Dec 25 2010, 07:19 AM)
nubex.com.my ~
Thanks but i'm seeking either maple leaf or silver eagle for a start.
Anyone have bought this before? Is there a 15% tax from the custom or any capital gain tax?

124 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0345sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:41 PM