Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Q&A As Well As Guides For Graphic Benchmarks, Post here, and share our thoughts.

views

TSpr0di9y
post Feb 1 2005, 07:40 PM, updated 19y ago

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned
Group Icon
Elite
2,404 posts

Just as everyone has been asking around over and over again, "why can't I get the scores like that dude???" Am I'm lacking something? Do I have to pray to the overclocking god to get those scores? I need to sell my soul to the devil just to get there???

Is just simple, tweaking. Just like a F1 car, they are ways to optimise the pc to for benchmarks. But at times people will say it is cheating, for me what can be change with just a mearly a click of a button WITH IN the drivers provided by the proper vendor is legit.

The question you have to ask yourself, do you bench just for fun? or you bench just for the glory or the top 20 place offerd here. Ill might say most of you guys here are amiming for the top spots. But have you guys notice that we are only comparing among ourselfs at the moment? Why can't we set an objective this year and try our best to get among the top 20 on the world records? Is not that hard but is not impossible as well. You don't need top gears to achive those things, only determination and skills are required and some lady luck smile.gif

Below are the next few details on how to optimise your pc for benchmark programs around. If you found anything that could boost your pc in any benchmark, feel free to share them around. But the choice is yours, for me I want everyone to have a good scores all around.

Malaysia Boleh.
TSpr0di9y
post Feb 1 2005, 07:41 PM

Group Icon
Elite
2,404 posts

3D Mark 01SE and 3D Mark 03 Optimization Guide v1.0

Just simple tips for ATI lads there, can be applied to Nvidia as well. But so far I don't know which are the best drivers out there for them. As I know the Beta Drivers for 6800 Series are the best one to use at the moment. Hmm some Easter egg here... or if you guys already know about it...

How to optimize your 3DMark01 SE benchmark?

1. O/S Windows 2000 Professional SP4 with MPS Uniprocessor PC for Computer driver.(This is for AMD XP/64Bit Specs PC) Intel Pentium 4 users can give it a try, some members have try it and proved it work as well but with PAT disable. (Credits to "bwan" on the findings)

2. Install DirectX Version 8.1b (**THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT**) (This is applied for Win2K setup)

3. O/S Windows XP Professional with SP1 (This is for Intel Pentium 4 and above Specs PC)

4. Install DirectX Version 8.1b (THIS IS ALREADY INSTALLED ON WinXP Pro SP1) (This is applied for WinXP Pro SP1 setup)

5. Use the Cat 4.12 Drivers, the best driver to use at the moment. Is definitely compatible with DX 8.1b or DX9.0b (This is applied for ATI Cards Radeon 9000 Series above)*at the current time of posting

6. Tweak your system to the max, Game Test 1 and 3 are more CPU and memory timings dependent, and Game Test 2 is both CPU and GFX dependent and Game Test 4 are GFX dependent.

How to optimize your 3DMark03 benchmark? (Applies to AMD and Intel Specs)

1. O/S Windows XP Professional with SP1 with MPS Uniprocessor PC for Computer driver.(This is for AMD XP/64Bit Specs PC) Intel Pentium 4 users can give it a try, some members have try it and proved it work as well but with PAT disable. (Credits to "bwan" on the findings)

2. Install DirectX Version 9.0c (This is a must for the new 3DMark03 version 3.60)

3. Use the Cat 4.12 Drivers, and it's definitely compatible with 9.0c (This is applied for AMD and Intel Specs PC)*at the current time of posting

4. Tweak your system to the max, Game Test 1 are CPU dependent, and Game Test 2, 3 and 4 are GFX dependent.

How to optimize your 3DMark05 benchmark? (Applies to AMD and Intel Specs)

1. O/S Windows XP Professional with SP1 with MPS Uniprocessor PC for Computer driver.(This is for AMD XP/64Bit Specs PC) Intel Pentium 4 users can give it a try, some members have try it and proved it work as well but with PAT disable. (Credits to "bwan" on the findings)

2. Install DirectX Version 9.0c (This is a must for 3DMark05 version 1.20)

3. Use the Cat 5.3 Drivers OR ATI Drivers with 2D Version 6.14.10.651X (X denotes version series, e.g for Cat 5.3 is 6.14.10.6513) and it's definitely compatible with 9.0c (This is applied for AMD and Intel Specs PC)*at the current time of posting

4. Tweak your system to the max.

Yeah it may be very troublesome to setup the spec for the specific 3DMarks benches, but you learn nothing if you don't try this methods. Using Optimized drivers are a shortcut to success. I may hurt other feelings by saying this. But then again most of the serious people who want great and good 3DMarks are spending their energy and time to do this. You can be one as well.

Good luck guys.

This post has been edited by pr0di9y: Mar 14 2005, 11:45 AM
TSpr0di9y
post Feb 1 2005, 08:12 PM

Group Icon
Elite
2,404 posts

Guide on how to select MPS Uniprocessor PC for Computer Driver

You need to do this on a fresh install PC. While running the non GUI setup, press the F5 key to enable the option to select the computer drive. After you have choose the driver, continue on the setup. Failure to do this will not enable you to change the computer drivers when you're on the windows. Also the sets of computer drivers are only enable if your pc are able to support them. For instance AMD XP PC owners might not be able to select these options.

The down side on this is the increase on the processor idle as well as load tempreture.

Kudos to Pedro and Ricky of XtremeSystems Forums and for those who found this tweak out long time ago but didn't mention about it.
gavlim
post Feb 1 2005, 09:02 PM

i'm too sexy for my girlfriend
1,487 posts

question : does it have to be cat 4.8 to get the best benchies?
TSpr0di9y
post Feb 1 2005, 09:34 PM

Group Icon
Elite
2,404 posts

QUOTE(gavlim @ Feb 1 2005, 09:02 PM)
question : does it have to be cat 4.8 to get the best benchies?
Answer: At the moment of my findings, that is the best for 03. But the problem is... I have yet tested the others. But so far I have just run a simple bench on the Cat 5.10, and is slower then Cat 4.8. You can give the Cat 4.12 a try, since is the best one for 01SE now.

Cheerio
prancingHORSE
post Feb 1 2005, 11:16 PM

I’m too awake for this to be a nightmare!
Group Icon
Elite
2,442 posts

hey jj mebbe u can add the 01 test sequence to run =)
ah_khoo
post Feb 1 2005, 11:27 PM

- No Action Talk Only -
Group Icon
Elite
8,103 posts

@pr0di9y:

yup, like wat u did in d vr-zone b/mark submit, i didn't manage to catch-up d procedures, hopefully can learn it here... tongue.gif

btw, wat d pencil trick for if u dun mind to answer ... blink.gif
TSpr0di9y
post Feb 1 2005, 11:44 PM

Group Icon
Elite
2,404 posts

QUOTE(prancingHORSE @ Feb 1 2005, 11:16 PM)
hey jj mebbe u can add the 01 test sequence to run =)
This one, i'm not sure I want to share it out yet. Lets just move one step by one step, as we go on we see how's the boy doing with the scores smile.gif

QUOTE(ah_khoo @ Feb 1 2005, 11:27 PM)
@pr0di9y:

yup, like wat u did in d vr-zone b/mark submit, i didn't manage to catch-up d procedures, hopefully can learn it here...  tongue.gif

btw, wat d pencil trick for if u dun mind to answer ...  blink.gif
Answer: The pencil trick is very simple. It will just increase the resistance on the resistor thus trick the voltage controler chip on the card to increase more voltage on the moded voltage line.
Evogenix
post Feb 4 2005, 11:51 PM

I Missed LYN Grey Skin T_T
1,809 posts

// pr0di9y : how do we know which is the right resistor to pencil on it???

Evogenix
jasperchc
post Feb 5 2005, 12:43 AM

Annunaki
1,099 posts

what about VGA frequency thing, higher or lower is better? I usually just put auto as dunno what to set it to.
prancingHORSE
post Feb 5 2005, 01:44 PM

I’m too awake for this to be a nightmare!
Group Icon
Elite
2,442 posts

QUOTE(Evogenix @ Feb 4 2005, 11:51 PM)
// pr0di9y : how do we know which is the right resistor to pencil on it???

Evogenix
google it next time..
otherwise now im providing u with a very detailed article... pencil modding and also hardmodding... guidelines while modding.. etc.
this could set peeps penciling the ass out of that card.. and i certainly hope to see higher scores wif the x800's out there! smile.gif

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=194&page=1

and guys.. though ive done the voltmod blindly.. i still reccomend a multimeter... as a oc-er u need to noe where are u and where uve been to improve and make progreeesss cool.gif

what about VGA frequency thing, higher or lower is better? I usually just put auto as dunno what to set it to.

if you're talking about the gpu core clock... of course the higher the better! smile.gif

This post has been edited by prancingHORSE: Feb 5 2005, 01:45 PM
almostthere
post Feb 5 2005, 01:53 PM

Kepala abah ko
Group Icon
VIP
3,773 posts

What about DirectX 9.0c? Does it have an impact on performance? I'm using that together with the Omega 4.12 Catalyst drivers. Maybe it's me but I do notice that the environment panel of Soundstorm seems to be pretty laggy

EDIT: and the MPS Uniprocessor PC driver, I find that for AMD PC's you can change from ACPI Uniprocessor PCdriver by updating the driver and then selecting manually the particular windows driver you want to use. Is this a safe method to use?

what about VGA frequency thing, higher or lower is better? I usually just put auto as dunno what to set it to

If you mean by AGP frequency, it's better to lock it manually, like say 66 Mhz at first.

This post has been edited by almostthere: Feb 5 2005, 02:03 PM
ah_khoo
post Feb 5 2005, 10:19 PM

- No Action Talk Only -
Group Icon
Elite
8,103 posts

QUOTE(almostthere @ Feb 5 2005, 01:53 PM)
If you mean by AGP frequency, it's better to lock it manually, like say 66 Mhz at first.
i think a 'lil bit increament in AGP frequency does help in gettin higher gpu core speed, providin u know wat u r doin ofcourse... smile.gif

*pls correct me if i'm wrong, but i saw pr0di9y did tat in d b/mark submit... tongue.gif
tAmp0i
post Feb 5 2005, 11:44 PM

The name is Poi
2,822 posts

QUOTE(almostthere @ Feb 5 2005, 01:53 PM)
EDIT: and the MPS Uniprocessor PC driver, I find that for AMD PC's you can change from ACPI Uniprocessor PCdriver by updating the driver and then selecting manually the particular windows driver you want to use. Is this a safe method to use?
Hmm, not sure whether if i am the only one who got this error thingy.... For K7, like what pr0di9y said to press F5 and choose for MPS Uniprocessor but it will get stuck at the 'Setup is starting Windows' screen. You can try to update the driver manually in Windows to 'ACPI Multiprocessor PC' but i'm not sure whether it does help but i got only 60 points increment.
TSpr0di9y
post Feb 5 2005, 11:52 PM

Group Icon
Elite
2,404 posts

QUOTE(tAmp0i @ Feb 5 2005, 11:44 PM)
Hmm, not sure whether if i am the only one who got this error thingy.... For K7, like what pr0di9y said to press F5 and choose for MPS Uniprocessor but it will get stuck at the 'Setup is starting Windows' screen. You can try to update the driver manually in Windows to 'ACPI Multiprocessor PC' but i'm not sure whether it does help but i got only 60 points increment.
Check back my post on this tweak on the side effect on AMD XP pc. Just highlighted some MAJOR tongue.gif information on it. I think you guys didn't read properly.

Some major improvement on some forumers scores from what I heard from this tweak.

Happy benching smile.gif
tAmp0i
post Feb 6 2005, 12:05 AM

The name is Poi
2,822 posts

QUOTE(pr0di9y @ Feb 5 2005, 11:52 PM)
Check back my post on this tweak on the side effect on AMD XP pc. Just highlighted some MAJOR tongue.gif information on it. I think you guys didn't read properly.

Some major improvement on some forumers scores from what I heard from this tweak.

Happy benching smile.gif
Heh heh.... That's quite a long time ago benchies tongue.gif Didn't know AMD XP doesn't run on MPS Uniproc by that time but i noticed some improvement on 64bits by using MPS Uniproc until i had to decrease my clocks speed to cooperate with MPS Uniproc driver.... Hahh
neuvas
post Feb 7 2005, 11:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,323 posts

the sequence i used for benching 2001se:

1. Lobby
2. Nature
3. Car Chase
4. Dragothic

since Lobby is one of the heaviest test for 2001se, thats why i prefer doing it first. Save some time yennow... smile.gif
all of them have a gap around 2-3 mins for hardware cooling! smile.gif

JJ uses a similar sequence, yet better i think..
zx7177
post Feb 16 2005, 05:33 PM

@mp.ZX
2,851 posts

will there be any major difference if i use omega drivers rather than catalyst drivers for my 9250 ?
TSpr0di9y
post Feb 16 2005, 07:40 PM

Group Icon
Elite
2,404 posts

Updated on the 1st post in this thread. The 3DMark03 operating system setup can be applied to 3DMark05 and Aquamark as well.

Cheerio.
sidewinderz
post Feb 18 2005, 09:34 PM

Long Live UV!!!
3,966 posts

hmm...does dual channel and single channel affect the benchmark scores?by how much does it affect smile.gif

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0180sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:06 PM