Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Nigerian SCAM in Mudah

spreeeee
post Jun 28 2017, 11:14 AM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(lowya @ Jun 20 2017, 11:37 AM)
i guess now they got your name and account number, with shipping details they also have your phone number and address.

but i cannot see how they can get your money with all these info. I don't think anyone can hack back account this way.

My guess of the modus operandi is next thing you will receive an email from 'bank' saying that he has made the payment but the fund is on hold and only be released when buyer received shipment, which no bank will be involved in the logistic/buying details.
so meaning, it is still safe to give real name/bank account number/bank name/phone number? no way they can get any money from our account?
lowya
post Jun 28 2017, 01:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Jun 28 2017, 11:14 AM)
so meaning, it is still safe to give real name/bank account number/bank name/phone number? no way they can get any money from our account?
if they can withdraw money with just those info, banks would be in trouble.

scammers will probably reply that you have to pay for logistic blah blah admin cost for clearance bs to get you hooked on the deal deeper, etc.
jrene
post Jun 29 2017, 10:15 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Jun 28 2017, 11:14 AM)
Every time got ppls ask me this question, my face become doh.gif
Keith Lian
post Oct 27 2017, 10:35 AM

The same scam has been happening again and again. This morning there was another guy claiming to buy gift for his father in Turkey. The same email sent to me and if you read carefully the account holder name does not match. It seems they just use the same template and change the information inside. The tactic is still the same, when you call-off the deal they will threaten you with this statement "your account is being monitored by FBI and will take action if we don't ship out the goods". mad.gif

Shura
post Nov 16 2017, 09:30 AM

welcome to the world of scamming biggrin.gif cod only, no money no talk, overpay your side is better, if people try to scam you tell them you already post but no one was home and ask for more money. if no money in bank how to post right?

23 Pages « < 21 22 23Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0506sec    3.07    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th November 2017 - 02:48 AM